News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Announcing The Fleet's Next SIMM

Started by Chris Newberry, June 29, 2013, 01:34:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Newberry

Announcing The Fleet's Next SIMM!

I'm sure you've all heard the rumors of a new starbase that have started to circulate in the last few days since the first post. Some of you have seen the boards before I closed them off as well. Now I can put those rumors to rest and officially confirm that Shadow Fleet's next SIMM will be named the Starbase Magellan.

The Citidel-class Starbase Magellan

I am delighted to announce that the Magellan will be a Citidel-class station, the first station since the first Deep Space Blaisdell which was destroyed back in 2009. A starbase class station, this new SIMM will primarily focus on scientific exploration on the planet, fleet drydock and resupply station, fleet headquarters and more challenges.

Her commander will be someone with whom many of you are familiar. Admiral Chris Newberry will be stepping up to taking command of this new starbase with a small staff.

The full crew roster and further details surrounding the launch of the Magellan will be announced in the coming weeks.

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Mikey010178

Kirok

Quote from: Mike Anderson on June 29, 2013, 01:37:02 PM

This is going to be interesting!

Indeed!

I can hardly wait to see who will staff this new SIMM.

By the way, I took the liberty of mentioning the Magellan as our current destination on the Gibson mission.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Archangel Koris

Definitely sounds like an interesting new venture!

Quote from: Kirok on June 29, 2013, 01:44:01 PM

Seconded.

Malcolm Adeyemi

By the way, I took the liberty of mentioning the Magellan as our current destination on the Gibson mission.

That's the Mad Mel, leading from the front!

Honestly, the Magellan is going to be a great experiment and a truly unique place to RP.

Chris Newberry

Indeed!

I notice that but the station not built yet. (I will only give that one spoiler.)

Dimitri Brooks

I look forward to seeing it in action.

Interesting point if you look up the blue prints of these, that bulge in the centre has an artificial sun/sky, fully gardened and has an 'outdoor' swimming pool.

Pool party.

Rennan Protheus

Quote from: Dimitri Brooks on June 29, 2013, 02:23:41 PM

I look forward to seeing it in action.

Interesting point if you look up the blue prints of these, that bulge in the centre has an artificial sun/sky, fully gardened and has an 'outdoor' swimming pool.

Pool party.

Yeah you wish! The Mad mel is already on its way and I'm booking medical in first!  :P

Species: Betazoid       Age:33
If itââ,¬â,,¢s bold italics then itââ,¬â,,¢s telepathic!

Dimitri Brooks

Quote from: Rennan Protheus on June 29, 2013, 02:26:45 PM

Yeah you wish! The Mad mel is already on its way and I'm booking medical in first!  :P

Guess you're just gonna be late for the party ^^

Zarr Non Kof

Species: Vulcan

"Computer, compute to the last digit the value of PI" -- Spock

Alexander Wu

Quote from: Chris Newberry on June 29, 2013, 02:04:01 PM

I notice that but the station not built yet. (I will only give that one spoiler.)

Ooh, let the speculation begin. Where will we get this station from? Hmm...

Alternate universe, time travel...Q?

I'll put a 24 of Canadian on AU =)

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Chris Newberry

Quote from: Alexander Wu on June 29, 2013, 02:51:10 PM

Ooh, let the speculation begin. Where will we get this station from? Hmm...

Alternate universe, time travel...Q?

I'll put a 24 of Canadian on AU =)

You'll find out soon enough. When I open the boards for it completely that is.

Dimitri Brooks

Quote from: Chris Newberry on June 29, 2013, 03:06:19 PM

You'll find out soon enough. When I open the boards for it completely that is.

Woo!

Fala Awen

Very exciting! I'm looking forward to finding out more about the star base & its initial crew. :)

Will those of us who expressed interest in coming up with ideas for the concept (the planet, etc) still be able to do so?

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Dimitri Brooks

Quote from: Caelene Tam on June 29, 2013, 03:42:54 PM

Very exciting! I'm looking forward to finding out more about the star base & its initial crew. :)

Will those of us who expressed interest in coming up with ideas for the concept (the planet, etc) still be able to do so?

He can try and stop us  :P

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.