Gibson Day! June 18th-21st!

Started by Malcolm Adeyemi, June 11, 2013, 02:01:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Malcolm Adeyemi

GIBSON DAY!

Grab the cooler and the fixings because the crew of the USS Gibson is getting ready to grill!

In recognition of Gibson Day on the 18th of June, our wonderful ship's founding a year ago, the crew of the "Mad Mel" will be hosting a Fleet-wide barbecue from the 18th until the 21st. Bring a dish to share and head on over our holodeck! Have fun interacting in character with the colorful crew of the tiny but mighty science vessel as we enjoy food and toast to the Gibson and to the Fleet.

There will also be a horseshoes throwing contest and live music. So bring the kiddies and let's make this a memorable first Gibson Day!

Fala Awen

Not to be picky, but shouldn't this be "Gibson Days!" if it's more than one day? :P

Sounds like fun! Though now you're making us all wait a whole week! How shall we ever survive the anticipation???

Species: Bajoran- Click on ID for bio
USS Shran Commanding Officer, Academy Operations Instructor

We go from zero to Velociraptor very quickly...

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Caelene Tam on June 11, 2013, 02:06:43 PM

Not to be picky, but shouldn't this be "Gibson Days!" if it's more than one day? :P

Sounds like fun! Though now you're making us all wait a whole week! How shall we ever survive the anticipation???

Christmas tends to last a few days, and yet it's just "Christmas Day", not "Day(s)." :P

I'm going to start marinating stuff and making preperations for festive beverages. If we busy ourselves with readying supplies and ourselves it'll fly by. :D

Fala Awen

Quote from: Luke Stafford on June 11, 2013, 02:08:41 PM

Christmas tends to last a few days, and yet it's just "Christmas Day", not "Day(s)." :P

I'm going to start marinating stuff and making preperations for festive beverages. If we busy ourselves with readying supplies and ourselves it'll fly by. :D

LoL; fair enough.

So the Holodeck thread for everyone will just be from June 18-21st, right? 3 days of insane postingness?

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Caelene Tam on June 11, 2013, 02:06:43 PM

Gibson Weekend.
Quote from: Luke Stafford on June 11, 2013, 02:08:41 PM

There is only one Christmas Day though. You want to call all three days Gibson Day. No-one calls Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.

You can have Gibson Eve, Gibson Day and Aftermath.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Caelene Tam on June 11, 2013, 02:09:54 PM

So the Holodeck thread for everyone will just be from June 18-21st, right? 3 days of insane postingness?

Indeed, and thank you for providing me with a further oppurtunity to expound outside of the initial announcement.

It'll be a light hearted, fun, in character barbecue. Three days is long enough for us to get some posts in and yet portray a sense of urgency. Get yourself some ribs and noodle salad while it lasts!

Fala Awen

Quote from: Reece Thompson on June 11, 2013, 02:10:35 PM

Gibson Weekend.

There is only one Christmas Day though. You want to call all three days Gibson Day. No-one calls Christmas Eve, Christmas Day.

Sounds fancy...

Quote from: Luke Stafford on June 11, 2013, 02:11:40 PM

Indeed, and thank you for providing me with a further oppurtunity to expound outside of the initial announcement.

It'll be a light hearted, fun, in character barbecue. Three days is long enough for us to get some posts in and yet portray a sense of urgency. Get yourself some ribs and noodle salad while it lasts!

Anytime. ;)

So are we all bringing something??? Covered dish barbecue?

I know what *I* would bring, but would have to think about what Caelene would bring.

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Caelene Tam on June 11, 2013, 02:13:13 PM

Sounds fancy...

I know what *I* would bring, but would have to think about what Caelene would bring.

TRES fancy. Bring whatever Caelene thinks is apro-pro, from deviled eggs to deep fried tribble.

Gibson Weekend.

Why do I have a feeling "Gibson Aftermath" is going to be Revek and I nursing headaches? :D

Fala Awen

Quote from: Luke Stafford on June 11, 2013, 02:14:26 PM

TRES fancy.

Why do I have a feeling "Gibson Aftermath" is going to be Revek and I nursing headaches? :D

Because that's how every good Aftermath should be?

Kirok

Gibson Weekend.

That sounds like a good deal!

It shoudl be a blast and maybe we will even see Kirok tending the grill ;-)

So, who wants hotdogs and who wants hamburgers?

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Fala Awen

Quote from: Kirok on June 11, 2013, 02:16:32 PM

That sounds like a good deal!

It shoudl be a blast and maybe we will even see Kirok tending the grill ;-)

Hamburger??? Psh. CHEESEburger! :D

Jon Tulley

I'll come. Just to sabotage the grill and give you all food poisoning.

Deceased

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Caelene Tam on June 11, 2013, 02:15:00 PM

Because that's how every good Aftermath should be?

Agreed.

I'm going to be bringing some paleo goodness. Meat. Veggies. Eggs. Bit of fruit. Just like nature intended.

Quote from: Kirok on June 11, 2013, 02:16:32 PM

Yes.
Quote from: Jon Tulley on June 11, 2013, 02:17:22 PM

You'll need a superhuman amount for my extra manly physique!

Fala Awen

Quote from: Jon Tulley on June 11, 2013, 02:17:22 PM

*looks for a security officer*

Malcolm Adeyemi

Interesting GIBSON DAY! fact:

Our lord commander Zuriel Soreka originally wanted to do a Gibson Sleepover where we do each other's hair and talk about boys, but it proved unpopular.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.