News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season 4, Mission 07: Battlefront (3)

Started by kawolsky, June 04, 2008, 11:03:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

[Safehaven]

The once warm planet was now going through its rainy season. Beads of water smacked down on the ground. Jacob, along with a Cardassian troop and private Andrews, crouched behind a row of cargo containers. The main loading pad where the rebels brought the majority of their supplies was a prime target for the resistance. It had taken them weeks to get the Intel on it.

The Marines had decided to dump the barracks and the majority of the heavy equipment. They had decided to blend in with the civilians, this made it easier for them to strike. they had plenty of small arms, which had to be hid constantly. As a transport loaded with fresh supplies, Andrews broke the neck of one of the guards, while Jacob and the cardassian planted several home made explosive devices on the hull of the transport.

They all retreated to the end of the complex. Jacob had the detonator in his hand. As the transport filled with troops, he pressed it, but nothing happened.

" God, come on. "

He smacked it several times, until finally it blew up in a huge fireball, nobody could have survived. He laughed, as the three ran away, back onto the streets, blending in with the crowd as the rain continued to pour. Jacob turned to Andrews.

" Set up a meeting with the Major tonight, i want to find out how the others are doing. "

Scott Bradley

[ Several hours later]

The Atlantis and Discovery where repairing themselves in the gas giant. Scott had taken a shuttle to the Discovery, as the transporters werent reliable in this region of space. He walked onto the bridge. He walked over to the captain

" The Atlantis is coming along, another day or so and she'll be near enough 100% percent. Can i speak to you in private? "

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on June 04, 2008, 01:22:25 PM

[ Several hours later]

The Atlantis and Discovery where repairing themselves in the gas giant. Scott had taken a shuttle to the Discovery, as the transporters werent reliable in this region of space. He walked onto the bridge. He walked over to the captain

" The Atlantis is coming along, another day or so and she'll be near enough 100% percent. Can i speak to you in private? "

"Sure. Lead the way"

*Kawolsky extended his hand towards the ready room*

"Lieutenant Christopher, you have the bridge"

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on June 04, 2008, 01:39:00 PM

"Sure. Lead the way"

*Kawolsky extended his hand towards the ready room*

"Lieutenant Christopher, you have the bridge"

Scott moved into the ready room and sat down, he waited for the captain to join him.

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on June 04, 2008, 01:41:58 PM

Scott moved into the ready room and sat down, he waited for the captain to join him.

*Kawolsky sat down behind his desk*

"So what's the problem, Scott?"

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on June 04, 2008, 01:22:25 PM

[ Several hours later]

Shelaf walked into sickbay, talking to a doctor.

"Is she awake?"

"No sir. Shall I wake her?"

"No no, it's alright."

Shelaf went and sat next to Safi, waiting for her to wake.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on June 04, 2008, 01:43:09 PM

*Kawolsky sat down behind his desk*

"So what's the problem, Scott?"

Scott sighed.

" I've had a shuttle scout Safehaven every seventy two hours. Its a mess down there, the Rebels have completely taken control. From what i can tell Major ransom has around seventy armed effectives down their sir, the rebels have over two thousand troops.

The perimiter guard has ben reduced to four Keldons, along with hideki support. We're still outgunned. And crew morale is down throughout the fleet. "

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on June 04, 2008, 01:55:55 PM

Scott sighed.

" I've had a shuttle scout Safehaven every seventy two hours. Its a mess down there, the Rebels have completely taken control. From what i can tell Major ransom has around seventy armed effectives down their sir, the rebels have over two thousand troops.

The perimiter guard has ben reduced to four Keldons, along with hideki support. We're still outgunned. And crew morale is down throughout the fleet. "

"I understand your concern, but what can we do? We have two starships and two dozen freighters armed with nothing but defense lasers? Not to mention, the torpedo compliments are running dangerously low. We can't go back to Safehaven just yet and there's little chance of reinforcements from Starfleet...we're on our own"

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on June 04, 2008, 02:07:03 PM

"I understand your concern, but what can we do? We have two starships and two dozen freighters armed with nothing but defense lasers? Not to mention, the torpedo compliments are running dangerously low. We can't go back to Safehaven just yet and there's little chance of reinforcements from Starfleet...we're on our own"

Scott sighed, he hadnt wanted to mention this.

" I'm not saying we go back. I say lets take what we have and run. Dont look back. we're outnumbered, but we still have half the government ministers.

Because if we go back now, and we fail. Then thats it. Its over. "

nikolai

Quote from: Jacob Abraham on June 04, 2008, 01:15:38 PM

[Safehaven]

The once warm planet was now going through its rainy season. Beads of water smacked down on the ground. Jacob, along with a Cardassian troop and private Andrews, crouched behind a row of cargo containers. The main loading pad where the rebels brought the majority of their supplies was a prime target for the resistance. It had taken them weeks to get the Intel on it.

The Marines had decided to dump the barracks and the majority of the heavy equipment. They had decided to blend in with the civilians, this made it easier for them to strike. they had plenty of small arms, which had to be hid constantly. As a transport loaded with fresh supplies, Andrews broke the neck of one of the guards, while Jacob and the cardassian planted several home made explosive devices on the hull of the transport.

They all retreated to the end of the complex. Jacob had the detonator in his hand. As the transport filled with troops, he pressed it, but nothing happened.

" God, come on. "

He smacked it several times, until finally it blew up in a huge fireball, nobody could have survived. He laughed, as the three ran away, back onto the streets, blending in with the crowd as the rain continued to pour. Jacob turned to Andrews.

" Set up a meeting with the Major tonight, i want to find out how the others are doing. "

[SafeHaven]

"Good to see you as well, Jacob." Nik said getting up and patted him on the back.  "Im going to take a look around the parameter and to make sure they are building those turrets the way they are supposed to be built." Nik added.

"You doing alright boys?" Nik asked his men.

"We are fine, lt.  Sure wish they would attack already.  Its boring sitting here doing nothing." the private complained.

"I know, Private.  You need to learn some patience if your ever going to become a sniper.  Thats one of the virtues you must have.  But dont worry, they should be brining atleast one argo buggy to each of these entrances to keep you company.  I heard they mounted a new form of a plasma cannon on them, should be quite a bomb to see." Nik said chuckling as he walked away to make sure the other sentries are alright, which they were for the most part.

"How goes it, Captain.  You arent putting them together wrong are you?" he asked jokingly.

"No, Lt.  Everything should be fine.  We do need some fuzzy foot tail's to measure the wind speed for these things." the Captain joked back.

"Oh shut up and get back to work." Nik said heading down the hill laughing.  He went back to his vessel and started to load up a backpack for a patrol of his own.

"Major, im going to go out, scout around to see if they sent out any patrol's to find this place.  Ill keep in radio contact every hour.  If you need me back here sooner, call." Nik informed the Major only to find out he was gone on a patrol.

Richard Ransom

Quote from: Jacob Abraham on June 04, 2008, 01:15:38 PM

[Safehaven]

" God, come on. "

[Savehavan]

*Richard Was Running with a Few Marines Firing on an Few supplies crippling the Rebels*

"Now, Tell All Marines, to Continue Urban Warfare as from the Looks of it we won't get off this Rock the Discovery is Long Gone" Said Richard

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on June 04, 2008, 02:09:38 PM

Scott sighed, he hadnt wanted to mention this.

" I'm not saying we go back. I say lets take what we have and run. Dont look back. we're outnumbered, but we still have half the government ministers.

Because if we go back now, and we fail. Then thats it. Its over. "

"Are you serious?! We can't just leave them on the planet!"

*Kawolsky jumped up out of his seat and slammed his fist against the desk*

"It's not just Cardassians we left behind Commander! There's Starfleet personnel there aswell! I will not leave ANY of the crew behind!"

Jacob

Jacob was now back in his livinf area. It was less than ideal. Four weeks the Discovery had been gone. And the Marines where at stretching point. Questionable tactics where beign used. He poured himself a glass for whisky, and began sipping.

he sat and waited, it was difficult for a resistance meeting to be set up, he swalloed another mouthful, waiting for the Major to arrive.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on June 04, 2008, 02:47:24 PM

"Are you serious?! We can't just leave them on the planet!"

*Kawolsky jumped up out of his seat and slammed his fist against the desk*

"It's not just Cardassians we left behind Commander! There's Starfleet personnel there aswell! I will not leave ANY of the crew behind!"

Scott stood up as well.

" This whole thing is goddamn insane, We've got two ships at half strength, crew who are demoralized. you're gambling with everyones lives in the fleet.

Now you have the right to risk the lives of those under your command, but those pips don't give you the right to gamble with the survival of the cardassian civilisation. "

nikolai

Quote from: Richard Ransom on June 04, 2008, 02:40:02 PM

[Savehavan]

*Richard Was Running with a Few Marines Firing on an Few supplies crippling the Rebels*

"Now, Tell All Marines, to Continue Urban Warfare as from the Looks of it we won't get off this Rock the Discovery is Long Gone" Said Richard

=^= "Grab as many supplies as you can once the guards are dead.  My sensors picked up a call for reinforcements and will be here in 5 minutes.  So grab what you can and run.  Ill cover you." =^= Nik said over his comm unit.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.