Author Topic: Season 4, Mission 08: Discovery  (Read 48981 times)

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Flight Control Officer, USS Challenger
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 4, Mission 08: Discovery
« Reply #165 on: June 30, 2008, 12:57:40 pm »
Grinning coldly, Shelaf limped over to the Tactical station.

"Quantum torpedo loaded and ready." Shelaf Reported

the channel opened, and the prime minister was on screen.

You have committed an act of war against the telonian people.

" Two of my men are dead! you murdered on in cold blood. And for what? The chance to kill even more?. "

Scott let out a fuming breath.

" I have a warhead, one million times more powerful than anything you have, and it is locked on your position. It will devastate the eastern coast of that continent. "

That is mass murder, you can not.

Scott stood firm, his face cold and emotionless.

" Deactivate safeties Chief. "

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #166 on: June 30, 2008, 01:02:31 pm »
the channel opened, and the prime minister was on screen.

You have committed an act of war against the telonian people.

" Two of my men are dead! you murdered on in cold blood. And for what? The chance to kill even more?. "

Scott let out a fuming breath.

" I have a warhead, one million times more powerful than anything you have, and it is locked on your position. It will devastate the eastern coast of that continent. "

That is mass murder, you can not.

Scott stood firm, his face cold and emotionless.

" Deactivate safeties Chief. "
"Deactivated. Ready to launch on your command." Shelaf reported.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #167 on: June 30, 2008, 01:15:30 pm »
"Deactivated. Ready to launch on your command." Shelaf reported.

He stood. Not twitching. The face of the prime minister grew more and more anxious. Scott's rage almost boiled over. Staring straight into the eyes of the telonian, he let out three words.

" I would never. "

The prime minister face was a mixture of joy and confusion.

" I NEVER WOULD. We're beyond that.

Those men died, doing what they loved, their duty. Your don't even understand them, you will never.

Make your civilisation worth something, instead of this constens war and conquest. Make your decisions on that motto.

I never would. "

Scott let out a large sigh.

" Mr Greegy, deactivate torpedo's. Alan, take us back to the station. "

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #168 on: June 30, 2008, 01:23:22 pm »
He stood. Not twitching. The face of the prime minister grew more and more anxious. Scott's rage almost boiled over. Staring straight into the eyes of the telonian, he let out three words.

" I would never. "

The prime minister face was a mixture of joy and confusion.

" I NEVER WOULD. We're beyond that.

Those men died, doing what they loved, their duty. Your don't even understand them, you will never.

Make your civilisation worth something, instead of this constens war and conquest. Make your decisions on that motto.

I never would. "

Scott let out a large sigh.

" Mr Greegy, deactivate torpedo's. Alan, take us back to the station. "
"Torpedoes offline sir." Shelaf said, pressing in the commands.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #169 on: June 30, 2008, 04:47:44 pm »
"Torpedoes offline sir." Shelaf said, pressing in the commands.

" Lee, you have the bridge. "

Scott walked into his ready room. He sat down at his desk, pouring a large brandy. He swallowed it in one gulp, and hastely poured another.

=/\= Bradley to West, Necheyev and abraham =/\=

" Report to my ready room. "

nikolai

« Reply #170 on: June 30, 2008, 06:46:11 pm »
<Nik was putting away his rifle somewhat displeased on how the starfleet treated his men down on the planet, he went and made sure his side arm was still with him, then he went to Bradley's ready room>

"Yes sir." Nik said gruffly.

Jacob

« Reply #171 on: June 30, 2008, 07:30:12 pm »

Scott walked into his ready room. He sat down at his desk, pouring a large brandy. He swallowed it in one gulp, and hastely poured another.

Jacob stowed all his gear, and made his way to the ready room. still in his combat fatigues, he quickly entered the XO's ready room.

" You wanted to see us sir? "

Wolfgang West

« Reply #172 on: June 30, 2008, 10:09:44 pm »

Wolf briefly stopped by the sickbay on return to the Discovery and had his shrapnel wounds treated, it wasn't worried, he had suffered worse on Ryjal Prime and Safe Haven.  After that he made his way down the morgue, to see the body of Corporal Hunter.  The sight saddened him, Hunter was barely 21 and another mother would receive her son back in a body bag.

'Does Starfleet have no respect for the dead' he thought to himself fuming about Greegy taking the dead marines rifle, it wasn't right and he would speak to him in due course and time.

Wolf sighed as he pulled the cloth over his fallen brother in arms and he made his way up to Bradley's ready room.

Wolf entered the room and stifling a yawn throw a salute to Bradley.

"You wished to see us sir" Wolf said smelling the alcohol on Bradley's Breath.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #173 on: July 01, 2008, 11:28:20 am »
The three marines stood before him at attention.

" At ease. "

he poured four glasses of the brandy, and hadned them to each man.

" You men did some damn fine work down their. I'm putting you all in for a commendation. "

He took a sip of his drink, his face became whiter.

" I also want to give my sinceres condolences on the loss of Corporal Hunter. It's never easy losing someone.

I know their is a lot of tension between the marines and the other crew, but we're all out here together. I want us to move past it.

Your detachment has been hit hard in a short space of time, we all have.  i want to give the crew some R&R. "

nikolai

« Reply #174 on: July 01, 2008, 01:48:11 pm »

" At ease. "

" You men did some damn fine work down their. I'm putting you all in for a commendation. "

" I also want to give my sinceres condolences on the loss of Corporal Hunter. It's never easy losing someone.

I know their is a lot of tension between the marines and the other crew, but we're all out here together. I want us to move past it.

Your detachment has been hit hard in a short space of time, we all have.  i want to give the crew some R&R. "

"Thank you for your concern, Commander." Nik said to Bradley.

"We are marines, being hit hard is our way of life, if we arent called upon to serve then we start to think something is wrong." Nik added as he took a sip of the brandy.

Jacob

« Reply #175 on: July 01, 2008, 03:39:21 pm »

" At ease. "

" Like the lieutenant said, we excpect it sir. "

Jacob sat on one of the seats.

" That being said, i don't think anyone will complain if we do get some R&R. "

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #176 on: July 01, 2008, 07:32:11 pm »
" Like the lieutenant said, we excpect it sir. "

Jacob sat on one of the seats.

" That being said, i don't think anyone will complain if we do get some R&R. "

Scott finshed his glass and checked his desktop computer.

" Well, we dont have another assingment on the board. I think the brass has finally given us our first break since we launched. "

Scott stood up.

" So, Risa Anyone? "

Wolfgang West

« Reply #177 on: July 01, 2008, 09:36:16 pm »
Scott finshed his glass and checked his desktop computer.

" Well, we dont have another assingment on the board. I think the brass has finally given us our first break since we launched. "

Scott stood up.

" So, Risa Anyone? "

"Thank you for your concern commander" Wolf said raising the glass the and examining it.

Wolf then gestured to Bradley who topped up everyones glasses.

"I Propose a toast, to Corporal Hunter, and that his death helps create better understanding between marines and starfleet." Wolf said raising his glass.

nikolai

« Reply #178 on: July 01, 2008, 10:24:44 pm »
"I can deal with, Risa.  Lord knows those women sure like to please people." Nik said nudging West.

Wolfgang West

« Reply #179 on: July 01, 2008, 10:35:18 pm »
"I can deal with, Risa.  Lord knows those women sure like to please people." Nik said nudging West.

"Dude, I'm Married" Wolff said grinning while he moved his ring around on his finger.

MISSION END: 1st July, 2008
« Last Edit: July 02, 2008, 10:22:30 am by John Kawolsky »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles