Author Topic: Fleet Special Mission: "Star Trek Lost Paradise"  (Read 18125 times)

Offline John Kawolsky

• Deceased/Retired
  • Probationer
    • Shadow Fleet
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years or more. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to all players who joined Shadow Fleet in January 2007.
Fleet Special Mission: "Star Trek Lost Paradise"
« on: May 02, 2013, 12:57:15 AM »

Starring

Captain Luke Stafford as Commanding Officer
Commander Jon Tulley as First/Science Officer

With

Commander Alexander Wu as Chief Medical Officer
Lieutenant Commander Mike Anderson as Helm Officer
Lieutenant Commander Kirok as Security Officer
Lieutenant Commander Sukal as Chief Engineer
Lieutenant Ser Conley as Navigator
Lieutenant John Harriman as Operations Officer
Lieutenant Anara McKnight as Science Officer
Ensign Canora Ann Daggerscreech as Captain's Yeoman

And

Lieutenant Kylik Roth as Helm Officer
Lieutenant Juran Vesk as Engineer
Lieutenant T'Ra Jones as Security Officer
Lieutenant Riley T. Munro as Nurse
Ensign Tiberius Howard as Nurse
Ensign Safefta Pardek as Security Officer
Ensign Archangel T'Koris as Security Officer
Ensign Scott Bradley as Security Officer
Ensign Zuriel Soreka as Shuttlecraft Pilot
Ensign Revek Tre'el as Navigator
Ensign Rennan Protheus as Communications Officer
Ensign Sahiba Soreka as Communications Officer
Ensign Michael Tritter as Operations Officer
Ensign John Brown as Engineer
Ensign Ryala as Science Officer

Guest Stars

Commodore John Kawolsky as Fleet Commander

Responding to a distress call on the outskirts of Federation space, the crew of the USS Lexington are shocked to discover a brand new planet teeming with life. As the rescue party descends on what is a seemingly a tropical paradise, it doesn't take long for the crew to discover the true nature of this new-found world, and the secrets it holds within...
« Last Edit: May 15, 2013, 09:41:06 AM by John Kawolsky »
RETIRED

LukeStafford

Re: Fleet Special Mission: Star Trek Lost Paradise
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2013, 01:01:07 AM »
Captain Luke Stafford's personal log, stardate 63356.5

With a heavy heart I have arrived at the USS Lexington. My new ship. With the death of Captain Jack Posobiec against the Romulan time traveler Nero just a short year ago, the commission that was supposed to be his falls to me. We were far more than XO and third officer together on the Valley Forge. I'd known Jack since I was 6 years old. It seems as if every milestone in our lives we traversed together. I never imagined I'd get my own starship before him.

But what a starship! Despite the circumstances under which I have been given command of the Lexington I am looking forward to my first assignment. I am due to meet with the commodore it what will soon be my ready room.

Our maiden voyage is to repair and secure Heimdall Station, a starbase that was abandoned after Nero's attack. It will prove to be a boring mission, which is fine by me. The last thing a new vessel with a new crew under a new CO needs is a disastrous first mission...

[USS Lexington, Bridge]

Newly promoted captain Luke Stafford strode onto the bridge of the Constitution class vessel, the lift door swishing closed behind him. He leaned against a bulkhead, unobserved by the bride crew. He looked more like a little boy who had gotten caught sneaking to the kitchen for a sweet than anybody in control of a starship.

Stafford drank in the activity, light and sound of the bridge on the Lexington. With every key stroke and click of a boot on the deck it sank in. I am in command of a starship. He wouldn't have thought his heart could sink any lower, but it did.

I am not meant to be here. The realization was more than he could bear just now. Stafford stood and prayed for some type of distraction, anything to wrench himself out of this moment.

Offline John Kawolsky

• Deceased/Retired
  • Probationer
    • Shadow Fleet
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years or more. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to all players who joined Shadow Fleet in January 2007.
Re: Fleet Special Mission: "Star Trek Lost Paradise"
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2013, 01:24:03 AM »
Commodore Kawolsky stood at the far end of the shiny, almost metallic looking bridge of the newly-commissioned USS Lexington. Nodding to the Lieutenant who had just brought him a final status report for the ship, he looked up to spot a rather confused looking yellow shirt. He recognized the face in an instant.

"Captain Stafford,"   he shouted, "It's good to see you again. I trust the trip from Earth wasn't too stressful?"
RETIRED

LukeStafford

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2013, 01:31:44 AM »
Commodore Kawolsky stood at the far end of the shiny, almost metallic looking bridge of the newly-commissioned USS Lexington. Nodding to the Lieutenant who had just brought him a final status report for the ship, he looked up to spot a rather confused looking yellow shirt. He recognized the face in an instant.

"Captain Stafford,"   he shouted, "It's good to see you again. I trust the trip from Earth wasn't too stressful?"

Stafford straightened from his slouched position and turned to greet his superior officer. "Commodore," he drawled in return. He had heavy vestiges of an old fashioned Earth accent, the results of a clannish upbringing somewhere rural. Ever mindful of occasion, Stafford's uniform was pressed and neat, and his freshly shaved head gleamed in the bright light of the bridge. His military garb was at odds with his convict appearance of face and voice.

"Travel is not one of my pleasures, sir. Starfleet gave me every inch of space they thought I deserved and not a bit more." His frown split his bandit looking strawberry goatee. "Still, I am pleased to have arrived here on the Lexington."

Offline John Kawolsky

• Deceased/Retired
  • Probationer
    • Shadow Fleet
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2013, 01:51:11 AM »
Stafford straightened from his slouched position and turned to greet his superior officer. "Commodore," he drawled in return. He had heavy vestiges of an old fashioned Earth accent, the results of a clannish upbringing somewhere rural. Ever mindful of occasion, Stafford's uniform was pressed and neat, and his freshly shaved head gleamed in the bright light of the bridge. His military garb was at odds with his convict appearance of face and voice.

"Travel is not one of my pleasures, sir. Starfleet gave me every inch of space they thought I deserved and not a bit more." His frown split his bandit looking strawberry goatee. "Still, I am pleased to have arrived here on the Lexington."

A wry smile made an appearance across Kawolsky's face. He hadn't known Captain Stafford for very long, but he was beginning to appreciate his sense of humor.

"Very good."  he replied  "Then how about we get down to business?"
RETIRED

LukeStafford

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2013, 01:57:56 AM »
A wry smile made an appearance across Kawolsky's face. He hadn't known Captain Stafford for very long, but he was beginning to appreciate his sense of humor.

"Very good."  he replied  "Then how about we get down to business?"

"As you will, sir. Shall we?" His voice was stiff, prim, even too polite.

Stafford gestured at the captain's ready room on the far side of the bridge. He was glad Kawolsky had suggested they attend to their meeting. Standing on the bridge of his very own starship was beginning to feel a bit overstimulating for his taste. He looked forward to some quiet and the work of settling in to his new position. A shakedown run to some decrepit old space station, what could be better?
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:02:25 AM by Luke Stafford »

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Suspended Account
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
    • Michael J. Tritter on RP Repository
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013.
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2013, 02:08:00 AM »
Michael had found himself on a new assignment, but he is always up for the challenge.  The man had arrived courtesy of a shuttle that had taken him from the nearest Starbase to the Lexington. He carried with him his traditional medium sized duffle bag. The man was a pristine example of a military man, clean cut, clean shaven and a crisp well maintained uniform. Once the shuttle docked with the ship and he was able to leave, he ducked through the airlock and made his way aboard the Lexington.

Although he had no directions to meet anyone, he made his way to his quarters, ducking through the bulkheads and such, being seven feet in height, he does alot of ducking on ships. He made his way to his quarters, he knew where they were at least. Once inside, he put his duffle bag down and turned on a heel to leave. He would duck through the door way again and proceed to familiarize himself with the ship and what is where... Always a good idea, a bit of an old school tactic, but thats how he is.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:28:31 AM by John Kawolsky »

Facebook Account Manager Shadow Fleet Wiki Administrator
It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline John Kawolsky

• Deceased/Retired
  • Probationer
    • Shadow Fleet
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
« Reply #7 on: May 02, 2013, 02:12:24 AM »
"As you will, sir. Shall we?" His voice was stiff, prim, even too polite.

Stafford gestured at the captain's ready room on the far side of the bridge. He was glad Kawolsky had suggested they attend to their meeting. Standing on the bridge of his very own starship was beginning to feel a bit overstimulating for his taste. He looked forward to some quiet and the work of settling in to his new position. A shakedown run to some decrepit old space station, what could be better?

Kawolsky followed Stafford into the ready room and watched as the newly promoted Captain found a place at his new desk. The sight of a new captain, still uncomfortable with the new role he found himself in never ceased to amaze Kawolsky. In the past five years he had been a commodore, he had seen many similar instances.

Kawolsky took a seat in front of Stafford's desk.

"I assume you read your mission orders, Captain?"
RETIRED

LukeStafford

« Reply #8 on: May 02, 2013, 02:19:45 AM »
Kawolsky followed Stafford into the ready room and watched as the newly promoted Captain found a place at his new desk. The sight of a new captain, still uncomfortable with the new role he found himself in never ceased to amaze Kawolsky. In the past five years he had been a commodore, he had seen many similar instances.

Kawolsky took a seat in front of Stafford's desk.

"I assume you read your mission orders, Captain?"

"I did, indeed, Commodore." Stafford was pleased to see his personal belongings had been placed in the ready room already. There was an old fashioned picture frame on the desk, with a pretty, zaftig woman with pale skin and dark hair, and a similar looking toddler squirming in her lap. On the walls were crayon and paper drawings, colorful but lacking any kind of artistic direction. They make sense to my boy, that's all that matters.

"Heimdall Station had been operating with a skeleton crew for decades, and was vacated after Nero's incursion and attack," Stafford righted the picture frame of his family until it was just so. "It's fallen into disrepair and decay. As I understand it, Starfleet thinks this will be a good all around mission for the new crew. We're to secure the facility and get it in operating order, I believe?"

Offline Kirok

• Flag Officer
  • Legendary Member
  • Summertime is here ;-)
    • My Facebook Page
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
« Reply #9 on: May 02, 2013, 02:24:27 AM »
[Mess Hall]

The sound of a spinning wheel was followed by a loud request to 'place all bets.'  This was quickly followed by the sound of a ball dropping onto the wheel and bouncing several times.  "Dabo!" the Dabo Girl running the game shouted to the delight of those who had betted correctly.

The mess hall had been set up for game night to help celebrate the arrival of the new Captain and Kirok C. Hearn was in the thick of it.  He sat at a table with a few other players and a card dealer.  "It's your turn, Mr. Kirok" the dealer said dryly.

"Right, but it’s KC" Kirok replied as he turned toward the dealer.  "Mr. Hean if we're being formal, but I don't think we need the formality.  Do we gents?" he asked as turned his attention back to the other players.  A convincing smile highlighted his informal attitude.

“As long as it prevents from addressing you with your full Betazed title, I would agree” one of the players replied.  The other players groaned to indicate their agreement.  “But tell us, why do you go by Hearn instead of your Vulcan name” he asked curiously.

“Nice attempt to distract me, Henderson” Kirok replied with mock irritation.  He laid his cards face down on the table.  “But I am happy to answer you, nonetheless.  Hearn is my Grandmother’s maiden name.  As I was born on Betazed and was raised in her household, her family name was passed down to me” he answered in a more friendly tone.

KC then picked his cards back up and studied them for a moment longer.  Playing poker with the promise to not use his telepathic abilities was a bit more of a challenging than normal, but manageable nonetheless.  He simply had had to rely on some of his other talents like reading his opponents outward responses, looking for their ‘tells,’ and counting cards to give him an edge.

"I'm all in" KC announced cheerfully.  He pushed all of his chips to the center of the table.  Then he looked up with a smirk, doubting that anyone could beat his hand.

After a moment or two, the other players folded one after another.  “The pot goes to our Peace Keeper, KC” the card dealer declared.  KC started pulling all the chips toward him when the alarm on his Grand Father's pocket watch went off.

“Crap, I'm do on the Bridge” KC said as he stood.  He smoothed the wrinkles out of his uniform and headed to the exit.  “Just count those up for me and let me know where I stand for our next game” he called back over his should as the doors swished out of the way.

KC made a bee line for the nearest turbo lift and took it directly to the Bridge.  As he rode the turbo lift he brushed off some food off his uniform.  Then he used his sleeve to clean up his stripes.

[Bridge]

KC arrived on the Bridge exactly on time and immediately went to his duty station.  He was surprised that the Commander and the Captain were not already there, but somewhat relieved nonetheless.   He breathed a sigh of relief as he logged into his station and started running a routine diagnostic.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 02:56:34 AM by Kirok »

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.  Click on signature block to see my Character Bio! 

"Best job I ever had!" A line from Fury, a 2014 Brad Pitt movie.

Offline John Kawolsky

• Deceased/Retired
  • Probationer
    • Shadow Fleet
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2013, 02:32:50 AM »
"I did, indeed, Commodore." Stafford was pleased to see his personal belongings had been placed in the ready room already. There was an old fashioned picture frame on the desk, with a pretty, zaftig woman with pale skin and dark hair, and a similar looking toddler squirming in her lap. On the walls were crayon and paper drawings, colorful but lacking any kind of artistic direction. They make sense to my boy, that's all that matters.

"Heimdall Station had been operating with a skeleton crew for decades, and was vacated after Nero's incursion and attack," Stafford righted the picture frame of his family until it was just so. "It's fallen into disrepair and decay. As I understand it, Starfleet thinks this will be a good all around mission for the new crew. We're to secure the facility and get it in operating order, I believe?"

Kawolsky nodded.

"That's correct" he replied  "I wouldn't want to give you something too taxing as your first mission."

Another wry smile made its way across Kawolsky's face.

"Besides, you have one hell of an engineer. I have a feeling his skills will be needed on this mission."
RETIRED

LukeStafford

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2013, 02:38:23 AM »
Kawolsky nodded.

"That's correct" he replied  "I wouldn't want to give you something too taxing as your first mission."

Another wry smile made its way across Kawolsky's face.

"Besides, you have one hell of an engineer. I have a feeling his skills will be needed on this mission."

Stafford leaned back in his chair slightly, nothing noticeable but he was a bit more relaxed. He was very cognizant that such a position would have been impossible in Kawolsky's presence just a few days ago. My ship, my ready room...maybe I was getting myself too worked up about this.

"Ah, yes, Sukal. Brilliant man. Thorough and consummate, to say the least." Stafford had reviewed the man's Starfleet file and everyone else on board since receiving word of his new commission. "If he's half as good as his file says he is Heimdall Station will be up and running before we know it. Same goes for our head of security, Kirok. Or..."

Stafford pulled the large PADD scattered amongst the other haphazard objects on his desk toward him and tapped it. "KC, as he prefers to be called. Starfleet certainly has put together a top notch crew for the Lexington."

Offline John Kawolsky

• Deceased/Retired
  • Probationer
    • Shadow Fleet
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2013, 03:05:27 AM »
Stafford leaned back in his chair slightly, nothing noticeable but he was a bit more relaxed. He was very cognizant that such a position would have been impossible in Kawolsky's presence just a few days ago. My ship, my ready room...maybe I was getting myself too worked up about this.

"Ah, yes, Sukal. Brilliant man. Thorough and consummate, to say the least." Stafford had reviewed the man's Starfleet file and everyone else on board since receiving word of his new commission. "If he's half as good as his file says he is Heimdall Station will be up and running before we know it. Same goes for our head of security, Kirok. Or..."

Stafford pulled the large PADD scattered amongst the other haphazard objects on his desk toward him and tapped it. "KC, as he prefers to be called. Starfleet certainly has put together a top notch crew for the Lexington."

Kawolsky smiled once again before rising to his feet.

"You have a fine ship and a fine crew, Captain. I trust you will lead them well."

With that, Commodore Kawolsky turned to exit the ready room. As the door slid open with its usual "hiss", he paused, turning only slightly to project some final words back into the room.

"Good luck"
RETIRED

Offline Alexander Wu

• Deceased/Retired
  • Militi Succurrimus
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who are always online and posting. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2013, 03:09:10 AM »
"I need those supplies on board, and I needed them yesterday!" Passing crewmembers gave the irate commander and his hapless target a wide berth as they streamed through the shuttlebay, getting an earful nevertheless. "What don't you get," Continued Alex, ranting at the loadmaster, "About temperature sensitive medication? I spoke to you two days ago, and you guaranteed, GUA-RAN-TEED, me that my vaccines would arrive today. And NOW you're telling me that they're sitting on a loading dock, along with the rest of my requisition!? And that you don't exactly know WHEN they'll be getting here?" Grabbing the register out of the man's hands, he scrolled down the list, muttering, "Let's see what could be more important than the drugs meant to keep you alive..."

Having been onboard for the past month overseeing the final installations in sickbay, the doctor was frustrated of being constantly 're-prioritized'. Now, so close to slipping the moorings, his supply room was still practically empty. They couldn't even turn operating lights on because the specialized bulbs hadn't arrived. Finally seeing his equipment and consumable requests halfway down the screen, Alex thrust the device back towards the loadmaster. "Damnit man, we've about to shove off and my sickbay is running on supplies meant for a skeleton crew. Why on Earth would you think extra phasers should be brought onboard before- Oh never mind." Turning away in disgust, Alex stomped off towards the turbolifts calling back, "Get your bloody shuttles across with my supplies! If they're not sitting IN sickbay by 2300hrs tonight, you are going to regret it Mister!"

"Courage plays no favorites; takes no sides. It can be as impressive as a walk on Venus, or as simple as a kiss.
And sometimes in our darkest hours, courage is all we have."

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Deceased/Retired
  • "We're all just stories in the end..."
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years or more. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership.
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2013, 03:10:36 AM »
Crack!

That was the sound a mirror made when you piled to much on top of it while moving into new quarters. Seven years bad luck was the least of her worries. God willing there was already one pre-installed on the wall in the bathroom, or the medical staff would have to see her hair in disarray on a daily basis. That surely was worth more than seven years bad luck. She quite fancied that mirror, maybe she could mend it, although she was not a "fixer" unless of course it was a person. She was a people fixer, maybe that was a sort of "engineer". It didn't matter much but albeit she was more distracted today than a child in a toy store.

The Lexington. Just another hunk of metal flying around god knows where. She much more preferred the likes of a stationary post, but it didn't pay well either way, and there really wasn't anything left on Earth for her. Politics and charity. The two things that anyone would come to dislike given the chance to grow up on Earth.

Crash!

This wasn't going to be a pleasant day as the sides of the already broken mirror broke from the main body of itself and shattered all over the floor.

"That's it! I quit." She said with a sigh.

LukeStafford

« Reply #15 on: May 02, 2013, 03:15:03 AM »
Kawolsky smiled once again before rising to his feet.

"You have a fine ship and a fine crew, Captain. I trust you will lead them well."

With that, Commodore Kawolsky turned to exit the ready room. As the door slid open with its usual "hiss", he paused, turning only slightly to project some final words back into the room.

"Good luck"

Stafford stood when his superior officer did, nodding at the other man's words. "Thank you for that, sir. I couldn't agree more." A fine ship, a fine crew. But what of the captain?

"Thanks again." Stafford retorted as the commodore exited. Good luck. Hopefully we won't need it.

When Kawolsky was gone Stafford sat back down at his desk and listened to the imperceptible hum of the ship: the dull roar of the ship's air from the environmental system, the faint sound of activity from the bridge, and under it all the comforting throb of the engines.

His PADD was up and active so he immersed himself in it, trying to lose himself in his work so maybe the reality of the situation wasn't so terribly apparent.

Offline Sukal

• Deceased/Retired
  • Experienced Member
  • My Office is Always Open!
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession.
« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2013, 04:25:39 AM »
Main Engineering

Sukal walked back in to his beloved engine room, and instantly his deep emerald eyes were looking things over critically.  He had just spent over 23 minutes in the main transporter room chewing out one of the new crewman there that had nearly caused a catastrophe already.  Then, as an after thought, he had removed the new petty officer for his foolish behavior, and sent him to study the technical manuals.  Sukal had spent 2 years helping with the construction of the USS LEXINGTON, and he wasn't about to have some moron come aboard and start ruining things.  The newest starship off the line would see equipment problems soon enough, but they weren't going to happen from someone misusing the systems.

The warp core was already online and ready to be fully tested on the starship's first assignment.  Of course, Sukal and his people had already been going over every single system on the ship for the last four months.  His people nodded to him out of respect as he caught each of their gazes.  They all knew just how much time and energy he had put in to constructing the LEXINGTON.  Some of them had even helped him during the work, but none of them had put as much time, sweat, and energy in to her creation as he had.  She was as much his starship as she was Captain Luke Stafford's.  He had not yet met the new CO, but then the Captain had not yet decided to check all the departments.  Of all the departments on the new starship - Sukal was fairly certain he'd be getting the first visit short of the Bridge.  Not that it mattered, because Engineering was as ready as if the flagship's Chief Engineer were aboard.

"I want every single system rechecked before our launch.  The ENTERPRISE didn't have any issues when she left for Vulcan last year, and we better not have any either," Sukal told the group of red uniformed personnel at their various stations in his domain.  Every single one of them looked over at him, and they all nodded with complete understanding.  "Hop to it, people!" Sukal ordered after he had gazed in to each of their eyes for a full ten seconds.  Instantly, the personnel were in a frenzy of last minute checks over each of their stations - a sea of red uniforms going over every last detail.  Sukal was not standing about idle.  He went straight to the warp core where the anti-matter/matter matrix was at, and examined it for the final time.
"We've made too many compromises already; too many retreats. They invade our space and we fall back. They assimilate entire worlds and we fall back. Not again. The line must be drawn here! This far, no further!" ~Captain Jean-Luc Picard, 2063 - First Contact

RPG-D RPGD Topsites Top RP Sites Top RP Sites