Author Topic: Battlestar Atlantis  (Read 4594 times)

Offline Grace Masters

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Battlestar Atlantis
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2013, 04:20:52 pm »
BSG was a great series because it was gritty and dark and they had the word "Frak". The only thing that was wrong with the series was the way it ended. Not a fan of how it ended. I had almost wished that they had gone the way of Battlestar 1980.

I agree, though I have found that it is hard for a great series to have a good ending. I was completely hooked on Lost, then they had the last Lost episode and I was more lost after that than I was before. I am one that usually doesn't like the good shows to end, and am extremely critical of the ending when they do.

Set phasers to kill.

Offline Jon Tulley

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • I'd sell my soul for a new recruit.
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded to a player whom the FCO feels warrants recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2013, 04:42:33 pm »
I agree, though I have found that it is hard for a great series to have a good ending. I was completely hooked on Lost, then they had the last Lost episode and I was more lost after that than I was before. I am one that usually doesn't like the good shows to end, and am extremely critical of the ending when they do.

It must have drove you insane then! Lost was like a rollercoaster and at the end it broke, leaving you hanging upside down.
Deceased

Offline Grace Masters

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Competent Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2013, 04:48:27 pm »
It must have drove you insane then! Lost was like a rollercoaster and at the end it broke, leaving you hanging upside down.

More like inside out and upside down. I was so disapointed.

Set phasers to kill.

Mikey010178

« Reply #18 on: February 16, 2013, 07:49:14 pm »
the remade BSG, I liked, but I must admit that I felt disillusioned towards the end.  Too much politics!

Offline Juran Vesk

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Tactical System Technician- USS Churchill
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2013, 06:06:01 pm »
I actually enjoyed the New Series, it kept me wanting to watch more and more.

Offline Eli Ferris

• Approved Applicants
  • Trusted Member
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 08:40:18 pm »
I'm with the OP on this one. The mini-series hooked me pretty well and the first couple of seasons were good, but once they founded New Caprica, I just, something didn't work for me. I like the design of the Galataca and the more realistic feel, but I think they crossed the line of creating characters with flaws and constantly accenting those flaws.

Again, its a matter of personal taste, but I love the design of the Colonial fleet, but the story doesn't engage. I guess the relationships became too soap operish (my own word) for my liking.

But, I like the idea of the Battlestar Atlantis, with more of a classic feel, and less of a fear of technology. It is very interesting to see the reflection of Mormon ideas in the series too.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles