Two Day Server Downtime upcoming

Started by Chris Newberry, January 14, 2013, 07:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Newberry

Greeting,

I am letting everyone know that next week, Shadow Fleet will be down for at least two days time. That should give me enough time for what I am going to do and also enough time to know if the other site I already migrated continues to work fine even at a lower members base. I have gotten a Dedicated Server already and it's completely harden but DNS takes a few days to update on my end.

If you get a blank screen then that will be the beginning of the migration of the site. I will be placing the entire site in Admin mode just before the migration happens to the Quad Core and if you wish to see how fast it is currently, you can visit Shadow Fleet sister rpg, www.sg-atlantis.biz/forum. Currently Atlantis is undergoing a complete remap and adminship and hasn't been open to the public since 2008 when it was hacked. I've been rebuilding it for the last 3 months with help.

Modified: Downtime will occur on Jan 20-22, 2013. Night time on Jan 20.

Chris Newberry
Shadow Productions ltd CE

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Shelaf Greegy

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

John Brown

I even told you Cheif this would happen..........Guys the DS is so fast I saw it last night its so awsome....

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Zarr Non Kof

This is going to kill my daily post rate lolol

Species: Vulcan

"Computer, compute to the last digit the value of PI" -- Spock

Chris Newberry

Maybe but it's 2 and half days at the worse, less then a day at the best.

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Lance Krol

Meh, I suppose if it has to happen. It sucks but okay. That gives me two days to actually do some studying :P

Jonathan Sanchez

Ah, no! I might actually have to go....do...something.   ;) I  mean really, study? Pshaw. lol

Good luck with that.

Michael Ferdinand

This finally gives me enough time to watch DS9! I've been stuck on season 2 for a year and I am finally at the end of the season.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.