News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Christmas Break 2012

Started by kawolsky, December 06, 2012, 09:01:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Brown

well I kove it as much as Christmas

TLaina Mandlin

Quote from: John Brown on December 09, 2012, 02:02:04 PM

well I kove it as much as Christmas

Ya you start Christmas the day after your birthday in Oct but I'm pretty sure you would have it all year around if I let you :P...Now we just need real snow here but till that happens SF snow works for me :)

Jonathan Sanchez

Oh great, so those of us who don't celebrate Christmas, do we get extra, super secret bonus points for posting during this break? I smell a promotion, or maybe that's just my dinner burning. Who knows.

Anyways, interesting snow sfx. Like a few others, it threw me off a bit at first, but I've quickly gotten used to it.

Cheers and happy holidays.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: TLaina Mandlin on December 10, 2012, 05:07:05 PM

Ya you start Christmas the day after your birthday in Oct but I'm pretty sure you would have it all year around if I let you :P...Now we just need real snow here but till that happens SF snow works for me :)

Yeah, some real snow would be nice. We've only been getting rain where I live... tons of it. It just hasn't been cold enough.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Jonathan Sanchez

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on December 10, 2012, 07:38:18 PM

Yeah, some real snow would be nice. We've only been getting rain where I live... tons of it. It just hasn't been cold enough.

*nods*

Tons of rain, eh? I swear, we've been raining non-stop. /sigh

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Jonathan Sanchez on December 10, 2012, 07:42:09 PM

*nods*

Tons of rain, eh? I swear, we've been raining non-stop. /sigh

Haha, same here. It's supposed to be dry one day this week for us.

-Evan Buehler

Jonathan Sanchez

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on December 10, 2012, 07:43:02 PM

Haha, same here. It's supposed to be dry one day this week for us.

Yeah...dry...in the Willamette valley (You're in PDX right?). *checks for leprechauns* I'll believe it when I see it. I mean, I honestly cannot remember the last completely dry day here in Eugene. My poor boots have been abused, lol.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Jonathan Sanchez on December 10, 2012, 07:47:56 PM

Yeah...dry...in the Willamette valley (You're in PDX right?). *checks for leprechauns* I'll believe it when I see it. I mean, I honestly cannot remember the last completely dry day here in Eugene. My poor boots have been abused, lol.

Haha, yup. PDX. It barely snows if ever, and when it does it's not very much. We had a good blizzard a couple years back, and a couple years before that we almost had a white Christmas. :P

-Evan Buehler

Jonathan Sanchez

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on December 10, 2012, 07:59:28 PM

Haha, yup. PDX. It barely snows if ever, and when it does it's not very much. We had a good blizzard a couple years back, and a couple years before that we almost had a white Christmas. :P

Hmm, would exchange the rain for the snow....not the blizzard mind you, just snow....a little bit. lol

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Jonathan Sanchez on December 10, 2012, 08:00:31 PM

Hmm, would exchange the rain for the snow....not the blizzard mind you, just snow....a little bit. lol

I would love another blizzard. That was the only year we had enough snow to make forts in our backyard, which melted the next day.

-Evan Buehler

Safefta Pardek

Quote from: Jonathan Sanchez on December 10, 2012, 07:25:33 PM

Oh great, so those of us who don't celebrate Christmas, do we get extra, super secret bonus points for posting during this break? I smell a promotion, or maybe that's just my dinner burning. Who knows.

Anyways, interesting snow sfx. Like a few others, it threw me off a bit at first, but I've quickly gotten used to it.

Cheers and happy holidays.

Bah, I wish. My holiday is happening now. I will still be stalking SF... As usual.
I like the snow. It's making my fast computer lag like heck but it is cool :)

Species: Romulan/Vulcan Hybrid. | 4'8" | For a full biography, click my signature block.

Chris Newberry

Quote from: Safefta Pardek on December 10, 2012, 11:43:40 PM

Bah, I wish. My holiday is happening now. I will still be stalking SF... As usual.
I like the snow. It's making my fast computer lag like heck but it is cool :)

It's mostly likely not your computer lagging but a server side issue. The animation for one member does take up more resources then when it's not running. Plus, I am the one who gets all the server errors and server crash emails, so I know when it happens quite often. For the one who suggested the stars, Erm, if it's possible and done, on a trial basis, to see how well it holds up, it might be possible.

As to what the Awards/Promotion event that happens during the first week of January, I am afraid I can't give much too info out. There will most likely be some promotions, but a ton of awards also awarded.

Happy Holidays,

Chris Newberry

Retired FADM Chris Newberry
Enjoying R&R on Kantro Prime
Shadow Fleet Founder (Creator)
Rtd. Fleet Commanding Officer

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Chris O'Neill on December 11, 2012, 03:22:34 PM

It's mostly likely not your computer lagging but a server side issue. The animation for one member does take up more resources then when it's not running. Plus, I am the one who gets all the server errors and server crash emails, so I know when it happens quite often. For the one who suggested the stars, Erm, if it's possible and done, on a trial basis, to see how well it holds up, it might be possible.
As to what the Awards/Promotion event that happens during the first week of January, I am afraid I can't give much too info out. There will most likely be some promotions, but a ton of awards also awarded.
Happy Holidays,
Chris Newberry

Has anyone ever noticed when Chris posts, it's like the Silence from Doctor Who.

When you read the post, you're like, oh yeah, he's the overall boss of the fleet. But once you go away from the post, it's all about JK again and people forget about Chris.

I feel for you Boss-man.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Cayden McConnell

Quote from: Reece Thompson on December 11, 2012, 05:43:33 PM

Has anyone ever noticed when Chris posts, it's like the Silence from Doctor Who.

When you read the post, you're like, oh yeah, he's the overall boss of the fleet. But once you go away from the post, it's all about JK again and people forget about Chris.

I feel for you Boss-man.

I picked up on that as well.

"Sic Transit Gloria Mundi"

Gabe Crouch

Quote from: Reece Thompson on December 11, 2012, 05:43:33 PM

I feel for you Boss-man.

I wish that we could have a mission with both of them in it and posting.

Quote from: Chris O'Neill on December 11, 2012, 03:22:34 PM

Happy Holidays,

Chris Newberry

Thank you Sir.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.