Author Topic: New Applicants Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)  (Read 4240 times)

kawolsky

New Applicants Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
« on: June 27, 2012, 08:16:12 am »
New Applicants Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Welcome to the new member frequently asked questions, a useful help document where we have tried to list the most common questions new members are likely ask upon joining Shadow Fleet. If you have a question that is not listed here, please do not hesitate to post it in our "Personal Development & Support" board or email our Recruitment Team on [email protected].

Joining Enquiries

Q. How do I file an application to join the fleet?
You can file an application in the "Fleet Applications" board. Simply click on "New Topic" and complete your application using the guidance notes for help.

Q. What is the current year?
The current year is 2394.

Q. How does my character's date of birth have to be presented?
You can either choose to present it in stardate format (123456.1) or in standard date format. Most people tend to write it as a standard date but you can calculate the stardate by clicking here.

Q. Can I use an image of a main character from a Star Trek series?
For reasons of fairness and realism, we do not allow players to use images of main characters from the Star Trek series. You can, however, find lots of great images to use at STAvatars.com or elsewhere on the internet.

Q. Can I role-play as a species I have created?
No. Only canon Star Trek species are allowed.

Q. What is an enlisted trade?
An enlisted trade is a specialization all enlisted players choose after their probation period has been completed. For example, players in the Flight Control department may choose to specialize as a Flight Operations Technician. You do not have to select an enlisted trade until after you have submitted your application.

Q. How long does it take for my application to be processed?
You should receive a response to your initial application form within 24 hours. Provided there is nothing you need to amend, you should be posting on one of our SIMMs shortly after that.

Q. I named my account incorrectly. How can I get it changed?
Your account will be automatically renamed to the name you supply in your character application.

Ranks & Promotions

Q. What rank will I start at?
That depends on which pathway you choose. If you choosen Enlisted, you will start at Crewman Recruit, and if you choose Commissioned, you will be a Cadet 1.

Q. How fast is promotion?
The Enlisted Path has the fastest progression, but it all depends on how often you post. For more information, please see: HELP: How to Get Promoted & Promotion Criteria.

Forum Functionality

Q. How do I create an account on Shadow Fleet?
You can create an account by heading along to our "Register" page and following the instructions on the page.

Q. How can I create a topic?
You can create a new topic in most boards by clicking on the "New Topic" button at the top-right of the page.

Q. How can I edit my post?
You can edit your own posts by clicking on the "Modify" button at the top of each post.

Q. How do I send a new message to someone using the private message feature?
You can send a new PM to someone by heading to the person's profile and clicking on "Send member a private message." Alternatively, you may hover over "My Messages" and click on "Send a message". Then simply enter the name of the recipient in the appropriate box.

Q. How do I use the forum's instant messaging system?
The forum's instant messaging system is located towards the top of the home page and is called the "chatbox" (sometimes referred to as the "shoutbox"). Here you can chat with anyone who happens to be online at the time. Bear in mind that it is a group messaging system, which means everyone will be able to see what you post there. You can type your message in the little rectangle below the chatbox and click the "save" button, which is immediately to the right.

Q. How do I change my forum rank insignia?
You can change your rank insignia by clicking on "Profile", going to "Modify Profile" and clicking on "Forum Profile". From there, under the "Personalized Picture" heading, click on "Choose avatar from gallery" and select the appropriate insignia for your rank.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 10:08:26 pm by Chris Newberry »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles