Season 4, Mission 03: The Farthest Frontier, Part I

Started by kawolsky, March 25, 2008, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Conwell

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 25, 2008, 04:52:01 PM

*Kawolsky took the padd, looked at it and set it down on the desk*

"Look...Justin...I can't let you. I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened and you died, and I could have prevented it. Please...reconsider?"

"John, it's not your fault and no one could have prevented this from happening. It might an an unknown illness but i haven't given up nor would i want to leave the USS Discovery yet. I have been working on a cure for months now and the recent diversion of power from the Marine deck was to my lab."

"I want to find a cure to this but I will accept with being off duty. Give me two months if I haven't found a cure in that time, I will leave the Discovery and stay on the station for medical treatment."

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

John Brown

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on March 25, 2008, 03:28:18 PM

The new Crewmen militerized.

"Welcome to the USS Discovery. You'll find your quarters on decks 6-7, when you have found them please report to your new stations. If you have any problems see me."

*John walked down the Hall and Found  Greegy*

"Master Cheif, that has an Nice Ring Around it Dos'nt it" Said John with an Smile.

*John Passed him an Padd*
============PADD Information============

From:Lieutennent J.G John Brown Cheif Tatical/Secuitey Officer

To:Master Cheif Shelaf Greegy  Cheif Of the Boat

Subject:Secuitey Department

Master Cheif,

Follow the Following Orders to the Letter

1.Tempary Assume the Dutys on the Bridge of Cheif Tatical Officer
2.Secure all Transmisisons to my Quarters
3.Assume Command of the Department

Signed
LT.J.G JOhn Brown
=====END of PADD information=====
"Master Cheif, there will be only Three Pepole Allowed into MyQuarters You the Captian and the Exective Officer, " Said John
*John Turned and Headed to his Quarters*
*an Few Minites Later*

*John Entered His Quarters*

"Comptuer:Idenitey Conformation Code Reqired

"Brown, John, Lieutennent Beta55echol" Said John

==^==

Lieutennnent Brown, effective as of 1400 Hours all your Requler Duty Shifts are Relived,
you are Currenly on an Classified Mission, Your Orders are as Follows to Decypher the Romluan Code, you will be contacted in 12 Hours with the Message, Starfleet Covert Operations Out==^==

kawolsky

Quote from: Justin Conwell on March 25, 2008, 04:57:37 PM

"John, it's not your fault and no one could have prevented this from happening. It might an an unknown illness but i haven't given up nor would i want to leave the USS Discovery yet. I have been working on a cure for months now and the recent diversion of power from the Marine deck was to my lab."

"I want to find a cure to this but I will accept with being off duty. Give me two months if I haven't found a cure in that time, I will leave the Discovery and stay on the station for medical treatment."

"I'm not happy about, just to let you know....but, I will accept...under one condition. I'm placing you off-duty until you are cured. And I won't take "no" for an answer. Understood?"

Justin Conwell

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 25, 2008, 05:23:05 PM

"I'm not happy about, just to let you know....but, I will accept...under one condition. I'm placing you off-duty until you are cured. And I won't take "no" for an answer. Understood?"

"Understood, i just have this strange feeling it might changed during the mission if the mission briefing was correct. Could i get help from Mr. Armstrong and his department with help?"

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 25, 2008, 03:05:51 PM

Alan smiled, it was good to have his old XO back. He walked over to the commander and handed him a PADD.

" Well sir, We've finished loading the Argo class transports into shuttle bay two. Along with two ATV's ( All terrain vehicles.) each. Just in time for our departure schedule. "

Alan looked as one was brought into the hanger deck.

" She's a beauty. I heard about the meeting in the bar last night, something about a Klingon and two barrels of bloodwine? "

Alan smiled and let out a laugh.

Scott let out a grin.

" An old friend, couldn't say no to a drink. I even managed to get my very own mek'leth. "

Sitting in his office talking to Jacob, Nikolai had thought about what he had done and thought to make it right>

=^= "Alan, when you have time I need to talk to you on some personal matters, only talk nothing else, I give you my word on it." =^= Nikolai said over the comm.

"I think its time to make things right, Jacob." Nikolai told him

" I heard about that encounter with that lieutenant. If anything happens, let me know. I'll deal with them. "

kawolsky

Quote from: Justin Conwell on March 25, 2008, 05:27:20 PM

"Understood, i just have this strange feeling it might changed during the mission if the mission briefing was correct. Could i get help from Mr. Armstrong and his department with help?"

"I will get Lieutenant Armstrong onto it, but as soon as you find a cure, or if it looks as though your health is deteriorating, I am sending you back to DS Discovery for treatment."

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Nikolai Nechayev on March 25, 2008, 03:18:27 PM

=^= "Alan, when you have time I need to talk to you on some personal matters, only talk nothing else, I give you my word on it." =^= Nikolai said over the comm.

"I think its time to make things right, Jacob." Nikolai told him.

=/\= i'll be there soon. =/\=

Alan left the hanger deck, admiring the new shuttles. he made his way quickly  to nikolai's quarters. He chimed on the front door, waiting for a response.

nikolai

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 25, 2008, 05:32:52 PM

=/\= i'll be there soon. =/\=

Alan left the hanger deck, admiring the new shuttles. he made his way quickly  to nikolai's quarters. He chimed on the front door, waiting for a response.

"Come in." Nikolai said.  A few minutes later Christopher came into the room.  Nikolai got up and went to stand in front of him and looked at him right in the eye's.

"Christopher, the reason I asked you to come here, is because I think we got off to a wrong start and met under the worst circumstances possible.  Starfleet thinks we are mindless apes and some of you starfleet have problems with us, which is alright, but Im not like those who you met in the past despite our scuffle.  I guess what im trying to say is, I apologize for hitting you and thank you for covering for me despite our disagreement.  So you think we can have a truce and work together?" he said offering his hand in friendship.

"Things could have been worse for the both of us but we both still maintained the code of honor between officers and that has to stand for something." Nikolai added.

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Nikolai Nechayev on March 25, 2008, 05:51:03 PM

"Come in." Nikolai said.  A few minutes later Christopher came into the room.  Nikolai got up and went to stand in front of him and looked at him right in the eye's.

"Christopher, the reason I asked you to come here, is because I think we got off to a wrong start and met under the worst circumstances possible.  Starfleet thinks we are mindless apes and some of you starfleet have problems with us, which is alright, but Im not like those who you met in the past despite our scuffle.  I guess what im trying to say is, I apologize for hitting you and thank you for covering for me despite our disagreement.  So you think we can have a truce and work together?" he said offering his hand in friendship.

"Things could have been worse for the both of us but we both still maintained the code of honor between officers and that has to stand for something." Nikolai added.

Alan took his hand and shook it.

" Fine with me. Let's just keep out of each others hair, and we wont cause each other any annoyance. "

Justin Conwell

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 25, 2008, 05:31:02 PM

"I will get Lieutenant Armstrong onto it, but as soon as you find a cure, or if it looks as though your health is deteriorating, I am sending you back to DS Discovery for treatment."

"I understand Captain and hope it doesn't deteriorate to that point." said Justin getting up but Kawolsky notices that his legs where shaking a little.

Scott Bradley

Scott made sure the new support craft had been loaded properly and signed off on the orders. He made his way to the bridge. He stood at the rear, wondering at the size of thenew bridge, almost twice the size of the old discovery, but however he stil saw all of the old crew buzzing about their work.

" the more things change, the more they stay the same. "

Scott stepped down, and sat on his seat. He noted the comfort factor had increased. He turned around, looking at the preperations each crewman where making for departure.

" All station, submit status reports on launch readiness. "

nikolai

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 25, 2008, 06:32:39 PM

Alan took his hand and shook it.

" Fine with me. Let's just keep out of each others hair, and we wont cause each other any annoyance. "

"Good, but we will have to work together.  Will you be alright with that?.  I dont question your ability as a pilot if your wondering about that.  I actually think your an excellent pilot and one hell of a fighter.  Too bad you went starfleet." Nikolai said smiling.  "I have a question for you if your willing to answer." Nikolai asked curiously.

"Why do you and several starfleet officers dont like the Marines being onboard this ship." he asked, going over to the replicator, then coming back with a glass of water and gave it to Alan.

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Nikolai Nechayev on March 25, 2008, 06:44:02 PM

"Good, but we will have to work together.  Will you be alright with that?.  I dont question your ability as a pilot if your wondering about that.  I actually think your an excellent pilot and one hell of a fighter.  Too bad you went starfleet." Nikolai said smiling.  "I have a question for you if your willing to answer." Nikolai asked curiously.

"Why do you and several starfleet officers dont like the Marines being onboard this ship." he asked, going over to the replicator, then coming back with a glass of water and gave it to Alan.

" I can work with you. "

Alan folded his arms as nikolai asked his questions.

" Your attitude stinks. You treat us like little kids who cant fight for themselves. i've proven that wrong. You dial down the arrogance and the pompous attitude. "

He took the water and took a sip.

kawolsky

Quote from: Justin Conwell on March 25, 2008, 06:34:13 PM

"I understand Captain and hope it doesn't deteriorate to that point." said Justin getting up but Kawolsky notices that his legs where shaking a little.

*Kawolsky looked concerned but knew he couldn't convince Conwell to stay behind*

"Very well, then. I have a briefing with the Admiral in ten minutes, so if you'll excuse me..?"

*Kawolsky stood up, smiled at Conwell and walked out of the ready room. He was just about to enter the turbolift when he noticed Scott sat in his chair. He approached him*

"Just to let you know, I have relieved Commander Conwell of his duties due to...illness, and I am heading over to the station to get our next assignment. You got things under control over here?"

nikolai

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 25, 2008, 06:48:40 PM

" I can work with you. "

Alan folded his arms as nikolai asked his questions.

" Your attitude stinks. You treat us like little kids who cant fight for themselves. i've proven that wrong. You dial down the arrogance and the pompous attitude. "

He took the water and took a sip.

"Its nothing personal, Christopher to you or your officers.  As a marine you have to have a certain amount of arrogance to do what we do.  The Marines come off as uncaring selfish bastards, stop me if im wrong, but we are far from it.  If we show any kind of emotion it stops us from doing what we need to do to get the job done.  Ship security is just fine, but thats where their knowledge is, they patrol a ship and keep it safe, the marines knowledge is a lil more rounded, so that makes us a little bit more knowledgeable incase of planetary fighting or infiltration or extraction from hostile territory.  Thats our strength, we work best when in small units, Starfleet believes that large numbers will accomplish the same thing.  Where we disagree with that.  Maybe thats why we but heads so much, Lt.  We have different ways of doing the same thing and different belief system's.  You believe in being peaceful and that will carry the day to victory, but diplomacy will go so far and thats where we come in.  Understand?, are we on the same page now?" Nikolai said trying to ease the Lt's misconceptions about the marine corp.

"We arent mindless or stupid, we are far from it and possibly to a fault." Nikolai added.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.