Season 4, Mission 03: The Farthest Frontier, Part I

Started by kawolsky, March 25, 2008, 02:49:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

MISSION START: 25th March, 2008

*Kawolsky was stood in front of his desk, on the Discovery. Commander Conwell was sat down on the chair, in front of him. Kawolsky now had an important issue to sort out - who would be his XO?*

"Commander, you know I value expertise...and over the past six months, you have been a brilliant help...an excellent first officer"

*Kawolsky sat down behind his desk*

"The thing is...with Commander Bradley's return to active duty, a problem...has presented itself...I now have two commander's on my ship...something that is not practical for the chain of command to function. On that note, I have a difficult decision to make. I would hate to demote you, but the only way I can avoid doing that is to transfer you to another assignment. But if I did that...I would lose you, and you are an excellent officer. I know that sounds selfish, but..."

*Kawolsky paused*

"What do you want to do, Justin?"

Scott Bradley

Scott stood on the hanger deck, overseeing the work which was going on. he was finishing some work on a padd then turned to one of the flight crewman.

" Make sure The other shuttlecraft are stored in the reserve hanger, we'll have to make room for these things. "

scott turned around to see alan exit the smal office on the deck.

" Morning Alan, how goes the work? "

Alan Christopher

Quote from: Scott Bradley on March 25, 2008, 02:56:35 PM

Scott stood on the hanger deck, overseeing the work which was going on. he was finishing some work on a padd then turned to one of the flight crewman.

" Make sure The other shuttlecraft are stored in the reserve hanger, we'll have to make room for these things. "

scott turned around to see alan exit the smal office on the deck.

" Morning Alan, how goes the work? "

Alan smiled, it was good to have his old XO back. He walked over to the commander and handed him a PADD.

" Well sir, We've finished loading the Argo class transports into shuttle bay two. Along with two ATV's ( All terrain vehicles.) each. Just in time for our departure schedule. "

Alan looked as one was brought into the hanger deck.

" She's a beauty. I heard about the meeting in the bar last night, something about a Klingon and two barrels of bloodwine? "

Alan smiled and let out a laugh.

Shelaf Greegy

Shelaf was in his quarters checking over the reports he now got. New crewmen he needed to see, equipment he needed to get sorted. Leaving his quarters he went to the transporter room.

"Sir, the DS Discovery indicates they are ready to beam over the new crewmen." Said the Transporter Chief.

"Thank you."

=/\=Captain, requesting permission to beam over new recruits.=/\=

nikolai

Quote from: Alan Christopher on March 25, 2008, 03:05:51 PM

Alan smiled, it was good to have his old XO back. He walked over to the commander and handed him a PADD.

" Well sir, We've finished loading the Argo class transports into shuttle bay two. Along with two ATV's ( All terrain vehicles.) each. Just in time for our departure schedule. "

Alan looked as one was brought into the hanger deck.

" She's a beauty. I heard about the meeting in the bar last night, something about a Klingon and two barrels of bloodwine? "

Alan smiled and let out a laugh.

=^= "Alan, when you have time I need to talk to you on some personal matters, only talk nothing else, I give you my word on it." =^= Nikolai said over the comm.

"I think its time to make things right, Jacob." Nikolai told him.

kawolsky

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on March 25, 2008, 03:09:37 PM

Shelaf was in his quarters checking over the reports he now got. New crewmen he needed to see, equipment he needed to get sorted. Leaving his quarters he went to the transporter room.

"Sir, the DS Discovery indicates they are ready to beam over the new crewmen." Said the Transporter Chief.

"Thank you."

=/\=Captain, requesting permission to beam over new recruits.=/\=

*Kawolsky tapped his comm badge. He was slightly annoyed that he had been interrupted during an important conversation*

"Yes, Chief, go ahead. And please make sure I am not interrupted again. Thank you."

=/\= Kawolsky out =/\=

*The captain looked back to Conwell, for an answer*

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 25, 2008, 03:22:19 PM

*Kawolsky tapped his comm badge. He was slightly annoyed that he had been interrupted during an important conversation*

"Yes, Chief, go ahead. And please make sure I am not interrupted again. Thank you."

=/\= Kawolsky out =/\=

*The captain looked back to Conwell, for an answer*

The new Crewmen militerized.

"Welcome to the USS Discovery. You'll find your quarters on decks 6-7, when you have found them please report to your new stations. If you have any problems see me."  

Justin Conwell

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 25, 2008, 02:49:48 PM

MISSION START: 25th March, 2008

*Kawolsky was stood in front of his desk, on the Discovery. Commander Conwell was sat down on the chair, in front of him. Kawolsky now had an important issue to sort out - who would be his XO?*

"Commander, you know I value expertise...and over the past six months, you have been a brilliant help...an excellent first officer"

*Kawolsky sat down behind his desk*

"The thing is...with Commander Bradley's return to active duty, a problem...has presented itself...I now have two commander's on my ship...something that is not practical for the chain of command to function. On that note, I have a difficult decision to make. I would hate to demote you, but the only way I can avoid doing that is to transfer you to another assignment. But if I did that...I would lose you, and you are an excellent officer. I know that sounds selfish, but..."

*Kawolsky paused*

"What do you want to do, Justin?"

Justin thinks about what the options could be and remember the transmission from last night that woke him up.

"Captain, if i could stay on Discovery, I would but something has happen that might cause me not to stay aboard. Nothing the crew or you do but from something else."

"Starfleet Medical is involved a lot into my decision."

Currently assigned to the USS Shran!

kawolsky

Quote from: Justin Conwell on March 25, 2008, 04:10:52 PM

Justin thinks about what the options could be and remember the transmission from last night that woke him up.

"Captain, if i could stay on Discovery, I would but something has happen that might cause me not to stay aboard. Nothing the crew or you do but from something else."

"Starfleet Medical is involved a lot into my decision."

*Kawolsky's look turned to concern*

"Are you alright? Is something wrong?"

Justin Conwell

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 25, 2008, 04:16:08 PM

*Kawolsky's look turned to concern*

"Are you alright? Is something wrong?"

"I've caught an unknown illness last year when i was injuried on the shadowous station mission. Since then, i've had nanite injections to slow the process of the illness but now it's out of control. If a cure isn't found within the next year, I will die."

Commander Conwell fells the pain returning in his legs but tries to shake it off.

kawolsky

Quote from: Justin Conwell on March 25, 2008, 04:19:01 PM

"I've caught an unknown illness last year when i was injuried on the shadowous station mission. Since then, i've had nanite injections to slow the process of the illness but now it's out of control. If a cure isn't found within the next year, I will die."

Commander Conwell fells the pain returning in his legs but tries to shake it off.

"Why didn't you tell me, Justin? I have to relieve you of your duties."

Justin Conwell

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 25, 2008, 04:37:20 PM

"Why didn't you tell me, Justin? I have to relieve you of your duties."

"I didn't want you to know before because of what all happen last year. I was needed more then you know then but Medical has already relieved me of duties pending an full medical evualation." said Justin flinting.

"All last mission i was in a lot of pain and i am in considerable pain now. It's the first symtoms of the illness and i am going to asked to try and stay with Discovery because you'll need an experienced officer still and I know this ship upside down, inside out."

kawolsky

Quote from: Justin Conwell on March 25, 2008, 04:41:51 PM

"I didn't want you to know before because of what all happen last year. I was needed more then you know then but Medical has already relieved me of duties pending an full medical evualation." said Justin flinting.

"All last mission i was in a lot of pain and i am in considerable pain now. It's the first symtoms of the illness and i am going to asked to try and stay with Discovery because you'll need an experienced officer still and I know this ship upside down, inside out."

"I'm sorry...I can't, Justin. If you are ill, it wouldn't be right for me to keep you here, knowing you are in pain. I'm sorry, you'll have to stay on the station"

Justin Conwell

Quote from: John Kawolsky on March 25, 2008, 04:44:06 PM

"I'm sorry...I can't, Justin. If you are ill, it wouldn't be right for me to keep you here, knowing you are in pain. I'm sorry, you'll have to stay on the station"

"I've asked Doctor Blackwell to prepare a stasis pod onboard in case you decided that." Justin hands a padd to Captain Kawolsky that he pulled out.

"These are orders from Admiral O'Neill to place me in stasis."

kawolsky

Quote from: Justin Conwell on March 25, 2008, 04:46:36 PM

"I've asked Doctor Blackwell to prepare a stasis pod onboard in case you decided that." Justin hands a padd to Captain Kawolsky that he pulled out.

"These are orders from Admiral O'Neill to place me in stasis."

*Kawolsky took the padd, looked at it and set it down on the desk*

"Look...Justin...I can't let you. I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened and you died, and I could have prevented it. Please...reconsider?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.