Author Topic: Announcing The Fleet's Next SIMM!  (Read 5795 times)

Adolph Klein

Re: Announcing The Fleet's Next SIMM!
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2012, 02:17:59 pm »
While I'm sad to lose a great XO, I can't think of anyone better to commander her!

Also Nova class, anyone else nostalgic?

Would almost be fitting if the new captain shouted "Stay the course!" at some point.  :P

A couple of the people on the Equinox were jerks but most of them, the captain included, were just tragic characters in a bad place. One bad decision leading to another. Still the Nova class design was always a beauty, nice to have one around.

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2012, 04:52:02 pm »
While I'm sad to lose a great XO, I can't think of anyone better to commander her!

Also Nova class, anyone else nostalgic?

It just dawned on me that I won't have you Scott! I just felt completely crushed... I will miss you Captain.

And thank you everyone for the congrats and best wishes... can't wait to embark on a new simm and make some memories.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2012, 04:53:15 pm by Riley T. Munro »

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2012, 05:50:07 pm »

Would almost be fitting if the new captain shouted "Stay the course!" at some point.  :P

A couple of the people on the Equinox were jerks but most of them, the captain included, were just tragic characters in a bad place. One bad decision leading to another. Still the Nova class design was always a beauty, nice to have one around.
He was talking about Shadow Fleets first SIMM, which was a Nova class, the first USS Discovery.

And yes, it is nostalgic. Nice to have one back in the fleet. I just hope it gets on better than the last Discovery...

And Riley's last two commands. I'm just saying, but didn't they... y'know... blow up?

Lance Krol

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2012, 05:54:52 pm »
I was there for the second one. Hastings still has nightmares, wherever he is.

Offline Michael Ferdinand

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2012, 08:49:01 pm »
Hastings still has nightmares, wherever he is.

I'm sure that he is buried somewhere dark and cold after his wonderful relationship with Alyssa. :D

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Adolph Klein

« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2012, 09:31:00 pm »
He was talking about Shadow Fleets first SIMM, which was a Nova class, the first USS Discovery.

And yes, it is nostalgic. Nice to have one back in the fleet. I just hope it gets on better than the last Discovery...

And Riley's last two commands. I'm just saying, but didn't they... y'know... blow up?

Ah, thanks. Obviously I don't know all the backstory just yet. Well a ship going down makes a good story at the very least.

Lance Krol

« Reply #21 on: May 22, 2012, 05:54:20 am »
I'm sure that he is buried somewhere dark and cold after his wonderful relationship with Alyssa. :D
Which never really happened if I recall correctly. Ah well, I'm not touching THAT ****storm waiting to happen with a ten foot barge pole!

Offline Saffir G'Tollikos

• Deceased/Retired
  • CSO/Acting XO, USS Gibson
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to any player present during the 2012 Halloween special mission. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: May 30, 2012, 02:45:04 pm »
Fantastic! Congratulations, Riley! And a Nova-class too! Who rocks harder than you? Lemmy, maybe. But that's it!

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Offline Rennan Protheus

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • I did a thing!
  • Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: May 30, 2012, 04:25:01 pm »
Definitely going to apply for a post on the new ship! Imprint my image onto the fleet then go galloping around the cosmos on a nova class vessel (This simming experience is definitely getting better and better.)

Species: Betazoid       Age:33
If it’s bold italics then it’s telepathic!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles