Author Topic: Supporting Gay Pride Month  (Read 1962 times)

kawolsky

Supporting Gay Pride Month
« on: May 31, 2012, 07:52:25 pm »

At Shadow Fleet, we strive to be more than just a Star Trek RPG and this is evident from many of our previous articles, features and special events. For the month of June, we're taking this to a new level by openly endorsing Gay Pride Month in true Star Trek fashion.

Here at Shadow Fleet we believe that nobody should be disadvantaged purely on the basis of their sexuality, whether you are straight, bisexual, gay or even transgender. We believe Gene Roddenberry's ideals as seen throughout Star Trek can be applied to many real life issues, including the issue of gay rights.

A hundred years ago it was actually illegal to be gay in a lot of countries, including many of those we associate with gay rights such as the United Kingdom. Over time, attitudes towards gay people gradually changed but it was a slow process. In fact, only recently the United States government repealed the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" law prohibiting gay people from openly serving in the country's military.

As we go into June and the month that is widely celebrated as Gay Rights Month, please take a moment to consider supporting this worthwhile cause and remember, being gay isn't a choice. It's a fact of life.

If you have a worthy cause you think Shadow Fleet should celebrate, email your ideas to [email protected] today.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2012, 07:55:46 pm by John Kawolsky »

Lance Krol

Re: Supporting Gay Pride Month
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:58:10 pm »
HEAR! HEAR!

I'm proud to have been born in Gay Pride Month! Stand up for your rights, assorted fabulous people of the world!

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 07:59:06 pm »
Takei would approve.

Offline Saffir G'Tollikos

• Deceased/Retired
  • CSO/Acting XO, USS Gibson
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to any player present during the 2012 Halloween special mission. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 09:40:26 pm »
I approve of this message a lot.

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2012, 09:53:46 pm »
I am in full support and thank you to the admiralty for helping us to accept diversity and allow our posters to be who they are, freely and openly.

Adolph Klein

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2012, 01:29:54 am »
Thousands of years of human civilization and gay rights have always been a factor. I suppose we can define "progress" to the fact that we no longer kill them on sight. It still has a long way to go. Some think it's religiously objectionable. Maybe they think that religion is objectionable. That's fine, I believe we all have the right to live how we want to so long as we respect the rights of others to live as they want to. The old southern saying of live and let live definitely seems to apply. 

Even if the banner at the top of the page is very annoyingly bright, I'll put up with it for a month for the cause of freedom. :P
« Last Edit: June 01, 2012, 01:36:20 am by Adolph Klein »

Kyle Briggs

« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2012, 03:27:31 am »
I approve of this message a lot.

Me too.

Offline Dustin J. Guidry

• Suspended Account
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2012, 04:06:08 pm »
Takei would approve.

Aye, that he would.

“If they ever tell the story of my life, let it be said that I live in a time of giants. Let it be told that I lived in the time of Picard, Janeway, Sisko and Martok. Let them say that I lived and served with HONOR. Let them say that I served on the USS.Gibson!

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles