Season 1, Mission 08: Prison Break

Started by John Brown, May 11, 2012, 02:06:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 12, 2012, 03:55:41 PM

Masters shrugged his shoulders. "Well, I am on duty right now, but if you write me a pass I would be glad to have a check up. I would like to make sure that some of my recent injuries are healed anyway" He said to her and started walking towards the bio bed. "Most of my injuries are listed in my file, your scans will show up the ones that aren't, but you are not permitted to document them" He said, not going into the rational, she would see the classified label in his file.

Alyssa sifted through the personnel files until she saw the image of a man that looked similar to the one that was sitting on the biobed. He had a very complicated medical history, ranging from minor "booboos" to severe burns. 'Wow!' Alyssa thought to herself. She was going to have a field day with this person.

Moving out of her office, she grabbed her medical tricorder and headed towards Masters. Opening it, she began to scan. Looking down at the readings, she frowned when she saw what they displayed. He was healing from the burns that were recorded in his history, but she noticed that he had a sprained ankle. Raising an eyebrow, she looked at him dead in the eye. "Why the hell are you moving on that ankle?" she replied.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 12, 2012, 04:23:20 PM

Alyssa sifted through the personnel files until she saw the image of a man that looked similar to the one that was sitting on the biobed. He had a very complicated medical history, ranging from minor "booboos" to severe burns. 'Wow!' Alyssa thought to herself. She was going to have a field day with this person.

Moving out of her office, she grabbed her medical tricorder and headed towards Masters. Opening it, she began to scan. Looking down at the readings, she frowned when she saw what they displayed. He was healing from the burns that were recorded in his history, but she noticed that he had a sprained ankle. Raising an eyebrow, she looked at him dead in the eye. "Why the hell are you moving on that ankle?" she replied.

"Because I need both of them to walk? How would I look hopping on one foot down the corridors?" He asked with a smirk that made his face light up, he was a good looking man, and he wasn't afraid to throw on a bit of charm when needed.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 12, 2012, 04:26:09 PM

"Because I need both of them to walk? How would I look hopping on one foot down the corridors?" He asked with a smirk that made his face light up, he was a good looking man, and he wasn't afraid to throw on a bit of charm when needed.

"You're lucky that I don't deck you for that smart comment." Alyssa replied with a glare. Moving to the medical tool supply way station, she dug through all the useless crap until she found what she was looking for: a bone regenerator. With her eyes on the medical tool, she returned to the biobed. "Give me your ankle." she said in an official tone, taking the ankle before responding. "You may feel a slight stinging sensation." She activated the device and slowly moved it up and down his ankle. After about a minute of this, she turned off the device and grabbed her tricorder to see how the progression of the healing was. Satisfied with her work, she smiled. "You're all patched up." Alyssa said. "For now."

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 12, 2012, 04:33:44 PM

"You're lucky that I don't deck you for that smart comment." Alyssa replied with a glare. Moving to the medical tool supply way station, she dug through all the useless crap until she found what she was looking for: a bone regenerator. With her eyes on the medical tool, she returned to the biobed. "Give me your ankle." she said in an official tone, taking the ankle before responding. "You may feel a slight stinging sensation." She activated the device and slowly moved it up and down his ankle. After about a minute of this, she turned off the device and grabbed her tricorder to see how the progression of the healing was. Satisfied with her work, she smiled. "You're all patched up." Alyssa said. "For now."

Masters knew what the device was, and knew it was going to be more than a slight pain, but he wasn't going to give her the satisfaction of seeing him squirm. He used a bit of a meditative technique taught to him to endure torture. He allowed her to finish, and after saying he was all patched up, he responded "Thank you ma'am, that ankle has been bothering me a bit" then he hoped down from the bed and took a couple steps towards the door. "Is that all?" he asked.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 12, 2012, 04:37:58 PM

"Thank you ma'am, that ankle has been bothering me a bit"

Alyssa rolled her eyes. 'Of course it did, you oaf.' she thought to herself. She hated it when people were stupid enough to believe they were above the need for medical attention.
Quote from: Tobias Masters on May 12, 2012, 04:37:58 PM

"Is that all?" he asked.

Alyssa nodded. "Though your bill of health is far from clean, I will have to let you go for now." With that, she turned and began to move back to her office before remembering that she still needed to examine the rest of the crew. Tapping her commbadge, she spoke.

=/\= Sickbay to all hands, please report in for your checkups, or I will find you.=/\=

Lance Krol

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 12, 2012, 04:42:42 PM

Tapping her commbadge, she spoke.

=/\= Sickbay to all hands, please report in for your checkups, or I will find you.=/\=

Brilliant, Krol thought, a legitimate chance to avoid work.

He pulled himself heavily out of his chair and stopped a second to wake up his right hand Á¢â,¬"œ the problem with these outdated cybernetics was that they were always cutting nerves off. He was due an upgrade. Quietly, he walked out of the engineering deck and into the turbolift down the hall. "Deck five," he stated in a flat voice, as a young female crewmember stepped through the closing doors and gave him a look that said "I'm not scared of you".

"Why should you be?" He asked without thinking.

She started and the mask slipped. "What?"

"Scared of me. Why should you be scared of me?" he asked, conversationally.

"...sir, I'm not sure what you mean," she ventured, uncertainly.

"Nevermind," he dismissed it then stood in awkward silence until the lift opened. He could feel the look he got down the back of his spine. He could feel the uneasy pity of the mental cripple trickling down on his head, as humiliating as it was depressing. Quietly, he marched down the hallway and into the sickbay, leaning into the air as he turned the corner of the doorframe in typical Starfleet Officer style. Quietly, he stood by the door like a particularly shy customer wondering if he was going to be shown his seat in a particularly elitist restaurant.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Lance Krol on May 12, 2012, 05:28:04 PM

Quietly, he marched down the hallway and into the sickbay, leaning into the air as he turned the corner of the doorframe in typical Starfleet Officer style. Quietly, he stood by the door like a particularly shy customer wondering if he was going to be shown his seat in a particularly elitist restaurant.

Alyssa saw another man enter the room. She nodded towards him, briefly making eye contact. "Please take a seat on the bio bed." Alyssa said, "I will be right with you."

She once again sifted through the personnel files until she found the corresponding one. His name was Lance Krol and apparently his past was far from pleasant as well. She bit her thumb lightly as she read his history, noting the reason why he had the implants in the first place. His Starfleet service record, though short, was amazing. He had risen the ranks very quickly, more quickly than almost any officer that she had known personally. However, though it was impressive, there were little notes attached to it that seemed to be attached by Command that stated to be weary of him due to having been incarcerated before being an officer. She also noted that he had sessions with a previous medical person by the name of T'Laina and told herself that she would look into continuing them depending on how the checkup went.

Alyssa closed the file and picked up her medical tricorder, making her way to the biobed. "Hello." Alyssa said with a smile. "I'm Doctor Meadows. How are you today?"

ThomasRiker

Alyssa rolled her eyes. 'Of course it did, you oaf.' she thought to herself. She hated it when people were stupid enough to believe they were above the need for medical attention.

Alyssa nodded. "Though your bill of health is far from clean, I will have to let you go for now." With that, she turned and began to move back to her office before remembering that she still needed to examine the rest of the crew. Tapping her commbadge, she spoke.

Masters walked the rest of the way across the room with a smirk on his face. He could tell already she was going to be making a lot of friends on the ship. He could feel an ache in his ankle that was a new ache, but it replaced the pain that had been there before. He knew this was going to be an improvement. The first few steps that he took he rolled his ankle and stretched it, working the fresh tightness out of it.
Quote from: Lance Krol on May 12, 2012, 05:28:04 PM

Brilliant, Krol thought, a legitimate chance to avoid work.

He pulled himself heavily out of his chair and stopped a second to wake up his right hand Á¢â,¬"œ the problem with these outdated cybernetics was that they were always cutting nerves off. He was due an upgrade. Quietly, he walked out of the engineering deck and into the turbolift down the hall. "Deck five," he stated in a flat voice, as a young female crewmember stepped through the closing doors and gave him a look that said "I'm not scared of you".

"Why should you be?" He asked without thinking.

She started and the mask slipped. "What?"

"Scared of me. Why should you be scared of me?" he asked, conversationally.

"...sir, I'm not sure what you mean," she ventured, uncertainly.

"Nevermind," he dismissed it then stood in awkward silence until the lift opened. He could feel the look he got down the back of his spine. He could feel the uneasy pity of the mental cripple trickling down on his head, as humiliating as it was depressing. Quietly, he marched down the hallway and into the sickbay, leaning into the air as he turned the corner of the doorframe in typical Starfleet Officer style. Quietly, he stood by the door like a particularly shy customer wondering if he was going to be shown his seat in a particularly elitist restaurant.

Masters walked past Lt. Krol. "Good luck Lieutenant" he said in passing, nodding his head as he passed. He had for the most part gotten past any ill feeling towards Krol, but he was on duty and had no time for a conversation. He thought he would test his ankle and broke into a sprint heading for the turbolift so that he could get to the bridge.

When he got back on deck he reported to Brown that he had his physically, and with a bit of a light heartedness, wished everyone luck when it was there turn. Masters relieved the crewman working the tactical board and went back to his duties.

T'Ra Jones

T'Ra woke with a start, the lute still cradled in her arms. With a yawn, she stretched her arms and stood up. Checking the time, she determined that she could squeeze in a "checkup" before her shift started. T'Ra shifted the chair back into position so that she could climb back on top of it to return the lute to its proper place on the wall. Once that was done, T'Ra took a couple steps back to admire the marvelous instrument and how majestic it looked hanging on the drab wall.

This was a voice T'Ra did not recognize. They must have been new to the ship or were just someone she had never met. T'Ra had only ever been in sickbay once, and that was to find crewman Guidry, not for some medical reason. It had been awhile since her last checkup, and she had not had one since coming aboard the Churchill. It would also make a good, logical excuse to meet the chief medical officer, whoever they were. T'Ra quickly changed into a crisp, clean uniform and then set off for sickbay.

She walked briskly through the halls, softly humming some Chopin as she made her way towards the turbolift. "Deck five, please," T'Ra told the computer. The turbolift hummed and then the doors swished open. The trip from the turbolift to sickbay was not far, but she found herself stopping in front of the doors. There was something odd. She wasn't sure what, but something felt different.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Dustin J. Guidry

Guidry, who had been in no mood for sleep within this past week, was sitting at a desk in cargo bay one. He was finally able to complete it, into hydro ponics bay. It took him only a short amount of time, once he finally decided what to grow. Now that all of the soil was ready, a few minor adjustment to the life support system inside of the cargo bay and he would be ready to go. He hit in a few commands, on the panel that he had just finish hooking up to the ships LCARS system. He would be spending a huge amount of time in here, and not having to walk next door to the science lab would save alot of time.

He almost jumped up, at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. He went over and began implanting all of the pods, with sensor relays. This would allow him to scan each of the plants, without having to take them back and forth from his scan station.

"Happy hunting doctor." guidry thought outloud

Now that he was ready to bring his master peace online, he had to make sure that the life support systems were set correctly. So with that being put in his mind he grabbed a small bag and loaded it with a few tools that he may have needed, if he would have to manually adjust the system. He walked out of the cargo bay, half way down the hall, then took a small door into the jefries tubes. He had not been in a set of these in some time, but luckily he had a perfect photo memory of the entire ship. Once he got to the panels, after only a few minutes of crawling on his knees. He layed down beside it, an opened it up. He hit in a few commands, and tried to bring up the cargo bay area. But for some reason it did not allow him to do so at first, perhaps this small unit could not handle such advanced setting. Using a padd that he had brought along just in case, he ran an interface wire directly into the panels sub systems. Growing up were he did, you picked up a few hacking tricks. By passing such a minor systems sub routines, was nothing major and made it self easy work.

ââ,¬Å"If they ever tell the story of my life, let it be said that I live in a time of giants. Let it be told that I lived in the time of Picard, Janeway, Sisko and Martok. Let them say that I lived and served with HONOR. Let them say that I served on the USS.Gibson!

Raymundo Salas

Raymundo was seated at a workbench in the tactical crew members offices. His current assignment from Lieutenant Master's was to go over and field strip, inspect, and reassemble the hand phasers. The tactical department on the Churchill have been understaffed for a while and so tasks like these have been neglected.

Raymundo picked up an other type three phase rifle made sure the power was off and begin to strip It. As he did so he began to think on what number this was. This was cabinet three, second shelve up from the bottom so.... 31?

Raymundo paused, stood up and took a deep stretch. Glad for the break, turnaround and made his way for sick bay.

Bio

John Brown

John was sitting in Commander Clarkes Ready Room going over the mission briefings from Starfleet Command he smiled once a new set of orders came thought he turned to see in the window the U.S.S Discovery preparing to launch. He missed the Discovery but the adventures on the Churchill has been interesting to say at least.

"Well, no rest for the wicked" Mumbled Brown as he pressed the internship Speakers
==^== All Hands this is Lieutenant Commander Brown., I want all departments report readiness to me by 16:00 Hours also Lieutenants Masters and Krol report to the Captains Ready Room,==^==

John then quickly taped his Comm Badge to contact a new officer that came aboard the ship he remembered from the Discovery he smiled

==^== Brown to Meadows once your finished giving the crew a heart attack come up to the Bridge so we can discuss crew exams==^==

Lance Krol

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 12, 2012, 05:49:38 PM

Alyssa saw another man enter the room. She nodded towards him, briefly making eye contact. "Please take a seat on the bio bed." Alyssa said, "I will be right with you."

Lance nodded and walked over to the bed, perching himself on the edge like a bad simile.

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 12, 2012, 05:49:38 PM

Alyssa closed the file and picked up her medical tricorder, making her way to the biobed. "Hello." Alyssa said with a smile. "I'm Doctor Meadows. How are you today?"

"Fine, I'm fine," he answered in a conversational tone, smiling slightly and nodding. If he was lucky, she hadn't checked his bio. She was a medical officer so she probably had. He chided himself under his breath for thinking that there was any version of this encounter where he got away without another security guard. "So what does this involve?" he enquired, making a point of not doing that annoying thing chief officers did where they summarised another officer's work as something like 'stick your tongue out and say "ah"'.

Michael Ferdinand

"This will be just a quick check to see if everything is running the way it should." Alyssa replied as she opened up the all-knowing tricorder. "Your blood pressure appears to be normal, 125 over 83; Pulse also appears to be within normal parameters at 87 beats per minute." She spent the next few minutes telling the man that he had a clean bit of health, but did not let him escape her clutches yet. "Before I let you go," Alyssa began, "may I ask you a question?"

Lance Krol

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on May 13, 2012, 07:40:13 AM

"This will be just a quick check to see if everything is running the way it should."

Oh God.

"Your blood pressure appears to be normal, 125 over 83; Pulse also appears to be within normal parameters at 87 beats per minute."

Oh thank God.

"Before I let you go," Alyssa began, "may I ask you a question?"

PANIC.

"Um... sure, what is it?" Krol replied, compiling a list of the many things it could or couldn't be in his head. It pretty much matched up perfectly with the list of things he did and didn't want to be asked.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.