Author Topic: Season 7; Mission 10: End of Days  (Read 79547 times)

Gabe Crouch

Re: Season 7; Mission 10: End of Days
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2012, 05:20:11 pm »
Shelaf paused for a second. "Ever fought the Borg before?"

"No Sir. Hope I never would."

Offline Trisha Xoran

• Deceased/Retired
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. 2018 USS Fiji - With Open Arms  Featured mission Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2012, 06:46:17 pm »
Shelaf turned to the assembled crew. "Ok, move! To your shuttles! Good look down there."

Trisha nodded and moved to her shuttle at her own pace. They were in a rush, but the world wouldn't end in the small interval of time that it would take to get to the shuttle. There would be plenty of time to allow these people to worry about that on their own time. Instead, Trisha would keep what was important on her mind, and that was the well being of the Doctor.

Entering the shuttle, she sat in what was the last vacant seat. Someone came in after her and sucked their teeth, only to be met with a shrug from Trisha. "Seats are like prey in the wild." Trisha replied in a monotone voice. "You have to catch them first, or you will wind up having to eat berries that cause you to hallucinate." She returned to her normal position and looked out of the shuttle's windshield.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 10:32:14 pm by Trisha Xoran »

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2012, 06:54:57 pm »
"No Sir. Hope I never would."
Shelaf sighed. "Yes. It's bad." Shelaf stepped into the large Argo shuttle, placing his rifle against the wall and gesturing Harriman to follow. THe Argo could take a larger crew compliment, so it would be leading the assault against Starfleet Command. =/\=Greegy to bridge. ready to deploy=/\=

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2012, 07:34:46 pm »
Shelaf sighed. "Yes. It's bad." Shelaf stepped into the large Argo shuttle, placing his rifle against the wall and gesturing Harriman to follow

I know Sir.
Then Harriman got in and put his rifle next to him this was the scariest he had ever done.

Connor Price

« Reply #64 on: April 10, 2012, 08:15:16 pm »
" Then we had better not waste anymore time. Helm, take us towards Earth. Full impulse until we enter orbital defense weapons range, then cut all power to engines. WE go as dark as possible. "

=/\= Bradley to Greegy =/\=

" ETA to earth is 13 minutes Chief, have all teams ready. "
Connor stood by his console, ready to deactivate systems and make the ship dark. Everything was ready, now he was just waiting for the command from the bridge. Then, almost as soon as everything was off, he had to turn it all back on again. Spaceships and the ground generally did not mix. He was not looking forward to it, but he was confident.

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: April 12, 2012, 12:42:15 pm »
Scott turned to face her. He wasn't sure he wanted her going down with the away team. There odds where not good.

" Ro, I don't think you should go down. We....I need you up here. "

"Scott when it comes to guns and hand to hand, you won't find a girl better than me." She said with confidence

"But if you want me to stay I will, decide, before I decide for you." She said to him in hushed tones privately.

Offline Saffir G'Tollikos

• Deceased/Retired
  • CSO/Acting XO, USS Gibson
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to any player present during the 2012 Halloween special mission. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: April 12, 2012, 02:19:37 pm »
Reece couldn't help but grin maniacally. "I get the feeling we're going to get along swell."

He hefted the pipe up onto his shoulder, "Alright. Lead the way Ensign. You know where the signal is, you lead. Have fun."

Tolly nodded. "Fun. Right," he said, opening the door.

The pair had made it safely outside before the trio of Borg spotted them and began advancing. The Mugato began swinging his weighted rope, moving away from Reece as he did so to give them both enough room.

"Run for it, or try to take them out?" he asked the Lieutenant, hoping for the former.

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: April 12, 2012, 02:25:12 pm »
Tolly nodded. "Fun. Right," he said, opening the door.

The pair had made it safely outside before the trio of Borg spotted them and began advancing. The Mugato began swinging his weighted rope, moving away from Reece as he did so to give them both enough room.

"Run for it, or try to take them out?" he asked the Lieutenant, hoping for the former.

Reece genuinely thought about it for a few seconds.

"Run. Running is always good in this situation." Reece yelled, setting off at a sprint towards the other compound.

Reece led the two of them through the door. Pulling his tricorder, he ran a quick scan. There was a powerful energy source emanating from a nearby room. Approaching the room, he carefully peeked in. It was clear. Apparently, the Borg though it would be safe, but no doubt there'd be some nearby.

"Keep an eye out. This will probably attract some unwanted attention."

Reece pulled the phaser from his belt and set it to maximum. He fired a long burst at the large device, completely vaporising it.

"Alright. The jamming field is offline. Any ships in orbit should get my transmission now."
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 09:23:03 am by Reece Thompson »

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Flight Control Officer, USS Challenger
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: April 12, 2012, 02:31:51 pm »
"Scott when it comes to guns and hand to hand, you won't find a girl better than me." She said with confidence

"But if you want me to stay I will, decide, before I decide for you." She said to him in hushed tones privately.

" I know, but this is different. It's the Borg. "

Scott turned to Price.

" Cut all power, but leave enough to power sensors. Lee switch to passive scans. I don't want to be totally blind. "

Connor Price

« Reply #69 on: April 12, 2012, 05:47:17 pm »
" I know, but this is different. It's the Borg. "

Scott turned to Price.

" Cut all power, but leave enough to power sensors. Lee switch to passive scans. I don't want to be totally blind. "
Price heard the message through the intercom and nodded, pressing the button. Immediately, the ship went dark as systems closed down all over the ship. The Discovery was now drifting powerless toward the Earth.

Offline Michael Ferdinand

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2012, 01:00:53 pm »
[As EMH]
He could hear the computer powering down. Looking down at his body, the EMH could see that he was beginning to phase in and out as his matrix was being taken offline. This was not a good sign. He did not know if he could trust the crewman enough to leave the Doctor in her hands. Figured this was how it happened. Humans.

"Crewman," The EMH turned suddenly, "I need you to..." he phased out.

[As crewman]
Her large hazel eyes grew as she saw the EMH phase out. Moments later, so did the lights and console in the sickbay. DAMN! she thought to herself. It was those consoles that she needed in order to keep an eye on the Doctor. Without them, she would not be able to do her other work AND keep an eye on the Doc at the same time.

Grabbing a medical tricorder, she scanned Alyssa. No change for the time being. That was good, right?

The crewman moved away from the bed and covered her hands with her face. She didn't know if she would be able to do it; be able to keep her eye on the Doctor and prevent her from going further in the path of degradation. She was never cut out for this. The only reason why she joined the Discovery was to get the experience needed to become an officer, but she never foresaw that this would be one of the surprise trials that would occur while serving on a starship.

[As Alyssa]
Alyssa could hear echoes. They were faint, but she could still make them out. Sounds of a little girl laughing made their ways into her eardrums. It was so peaceful, yet it was full of bitter emotion. It sounded familiar, as if she had heard it somewhere before, yet she could not put her finger on it. She could not remember a time where she heard a little girl sounding so carefree as this one. It couldn't be... There was no possible way. But the more that she thought about it, the more sense it made. Alyssa was not in touch with the real world at the moment, she was lost in her own world. The world of childhood happiness that she had hidden away from herself.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2012, 02:01:11 pm »
Price heard the message through the intercom and nodded, pressing the button. Immediately, the ship went dark as systems closed down all over the ship. The Discovery was now drifting powerless toward the Earth.

Scott moved towards the helm console, where Alan was doing what he could to steer the ship towards Earth with minimal thrusters.

" Keep her steady Alan, We have to get by orbital defense and get reinforcements down there. "

Offline Alan Christopher

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Chief Helm Officer, USS Discovery
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the B.O.R.G. Featured Mission:  The First Battle with the Borg: USS Valour Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2012, 02:05:57 pm »
Scott moved towards the helm console, where Alan was doing what he could to steer the ship towards Earth with minimal thrusters.

" Keep her steady Alan, We have to get by orbital defense and get reinforcements down there. "

Alan was focusing on keeping the ship on target. The Discovery was by no means the biggest ship starfleet had, but when most of the propulsion systems where down, and you had to fly her with thrusters, you appreciated the size of her.

" Keep her steady? Of course, I'll just ignore the screaming in the back of my mind saying oh god we're all going to die. Because honestly commander, I've missed these moments on this ship.

And I thought the Chief was one of our sane crew-members"

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #73 on: April 13, 2012, 02:10:43 pm »
Alan was focusing on keeping the ship on target. The Discovery was by no means the biggest ship starfleet had, but when most of the propulsion systems where down, and you had to fly her with thrusters, you appreciated the size of her.

" Keep her steady? Of course, I'll just ignore the screaming in the back of my mind saying oh god we're all going to die. Because honestly commander, I've missed these moments on this ship.

And I thought the Chief was one of our sane crew-members"

Scott let a small smile escape, Alan had always been a smart ass, but he was the best damn pilot he'd ever seen. He was sure that he could keep them on target. "

Scott sat back down on his chair, watching on the Display screen there relative position, they where approaching the weapons range of the orbital defense platforms. Within seconds they would know if there plan was going to work.

The bridge crew held there breath, subconsciously then had all tuned into each others breathing rhythm, no sound escaped any of there lips.

Then the moment came, without incident, or any action. They had passed through the weapons range of the platforms. Scott was the first to let out a relieved breath. Tapping his commbadge, he spoke to the Chief.

=/\= Bradley to Greegy. =/\=

" Time to rain down some hell Chief. Get ready to drop in three minutes. "

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #74 on: April 13, 2012, 02:23:30 pm »
Scott let a small smile escape, Alan had always been a smart ass, but he was the best damn pilot he'd ever seen. He was sure that he could keep them on target. "

Scott sat back down on his chair, watching on the Display screen there relative position, they where approaching the weapons range of the orbital defense platforms. Within seconds they would know if there plan was going to work.

The bridge crew held there breath, subconsciously then had all tuned into each others breathing rhythm, no sound escaped any of there lips.

Then the moment came, without incident, or any action. They had passed through the weapons range of the platforms. Scott was the first to let out a relieved breath. Tapping his commbadge, he spoke to the Chief.

=/\= Bradley to Greegy. =/\=

" Time to rain down some hell Chief. Get ready to drop in three minutes. "
Shelaf hit his commbadge =/\=Aye sir! Good luck.=/\= He replied, looking out from the front screen of the shuttle.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles