Season 7; Mission 10: End of Days

Started by Riley T. Munro, April 03, 2012, 03:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley T. Munro

Quote from: Scott Bradley on April 08, 2012, 05:40:42 PM

Scott looked over the plans the PADD contained. Reading over the specifics he couldn't help but let out a bemused breath.

" Shelaf, I've always thought of you as slightly on the edge mentally but you seem to have plunged straight in. "

He looked at his chief and smiled.

" This is exactly the thing the Borg won't calculate. Make ready all the shuttles, fill them up with anyone who's ever had basic weapons control. use the escape pods if you have to but I want some god damn boots on the ground to back up starfleet HQ and the surrounding areas. "

Still, a nagging feeling at the back of his mind kept making its presence felt.

" Lee , keep scanning for any sub space activity. Like when we went through to the other universe. If we have company, then I wan't to know about it. "

"I'm going with the away team." She said confident. Wasn't like hand to hand combat and weapons training was foreign to her. It was actually her first skill, even before Starfleet, if there was anything an abusive father could teach you, it was defense.

She paused a moment for Scott's objections... if there was one, it would have to be now. If not, she was going.

Connor Price

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on April 09, 2012, 01:17:41 PM

"I'm going with the away team." She said confident. Wasn't like hand to hand combat and weapons training was foreign to her. It was actually her first skill, even before Starfleet, if there was anything an abusive father could teach you, it was defense.

She paused a moment for Scott's objections... if there was one, it would have to be now. If not, she was going.

Connor tapped his commbadge =/\=Price to bridge. We're all ready down here.=/\= he said, looking round the busy Engineering section, as crewmen bustled back and forth, preparing the ship for the strenuous operation ahead.

Saffir G'Tollikos

Quote from: Reece Thompson on April 09, 2012, 11:45:58 AM

Sitting by the console Reece sighed heavily. He still had no plan as to what to do.

"The borg are probably in control of the orbital defenses. So we can't even escape ourselves. We need to take them offline." He announced to the Ensign.

He stood up and took a look at the console.

"Oh those sons of.... they're jamming the signal. People could still fall right into their trap. Ensign, try and get the jamming field offline. I'll see if I can find a relatively safe way to reach the orbital command centre."

"Sir, I'm a scientist, not an operations technician," said Tolly, moving to a nearby comm panel. "I'll see if there's anything I can do, though."

The Mugato stared at the screen, wracking his brain for something that might help the situation.

"I may have something sir," he said after several minutes. "The jamming field is coming from a generator across the compound; there's a distinct power focus there. I can probably replicate the explosion from earlier if we can get to one of the other labs. If we bring enough matériel, we might be able to knock the generator out."

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Saffir G'Tollikos on April 10, 2012, 10:03:03 AM

"Sir, I'm a scientist, not an operations technician," said Tolly, moving to a nearby comm panel. "I'll see if there's anything I can do, though."

The Mugato stared at the screen, wracking his brain for something that might help the situation.

"I may have something sir," he said after several minutes. "The jamming field is coming from a generator across the compound; there's a distinct power focus there. I can probably replicate the explosion from earlier if we can get to one of the other labs. If we bring enough matériel, we might be able to knock the generator out."

Reece listened to him.

"Sounds good. But, we don't need to worry about the generator." He said tapping the phaser strapped to his belt, "I can deal with that. Bring the materials just in case though. We might be able to make a diversion in necessary.
Once we've taken out the jamming field, I suggest we find a way to get to Orbital Command. If we can gain control of the orbital defenses, anyway who decides to ignore my message - which if I know the Discovery..."
He didn't finish the thought, he didn't want to give any spoilers to the Ensign as to what life on the Discovery was like.
"Anyway... anyone ignores my message will have a fighting chance to punch through to the planet."

He walked back to the door and picked up the length of pipe. "This is more effective against the borg than a phaser. Let's see them adapt to a hefty swing." He grinned.

"The transporters are still online, so beam us as close as you can to the jamming field, we'll walk the rest."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Saffir G'Tollikos

Seeing the Lieutenant heft the length of pipe, G'Tollikos nodded and looked around the room for something equally suitable, but the best he could come up with was a length of insulated cable. Taking his own phaser, he set it on low power but wide dispersal. Looping one end of the cable several times, he fired at the coil until it began to melt, then reformed it and fired another pulse. Within minutes he had forged a heavy, makeshift perdida, or single-weight bola.

"The weight feels like it's about eighteen pounds," he said, looping the cable into his hand. "It should be enough to clear us some space and do some blunt damage. I used to hunt with a similar weapon back on Neural."

He gave Reece a nod. "Ready when you are, sir."

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on April 09, 2012, 01:17:41 PM

Scott turned to face her. He wasn't sure he wanted her going down with the away team. There odds where not good.

" Ro, I don't think you should go down. We....I need you up here. "

Lee Armstrong

Lee continued scanning the system, but to no avail. The Borg had managed to block most scans and communications where almost impossible. However Lee was still reading a lot of background sub space interference.

" Commander, i'm picking up something. Not much but it's getting bigger. "

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Saffir G'Tollikos on April 10, 2012, 03:15:44 PM

Seeing the Lieutenant heft the length of pipe, G'Tollikos nodded and looked around the room for something equally suitable, but the best he could come up with was a length of insulated cable. Taking his own phaser, he set it on low power but wide dispersal. Looping one end of the cable several times, he fired at the coil until it began to melt, then reformed it and fired another pulse. Within minutes he had forged a heavy, makeshift perdida, or single-weight bola.

"The weight feels like it's about eighteen pounds," he said, looping the cable into his hand. "It should be enough to clear us some space and do some blunt damage. I used to hunt with a similar weapon back on Neural."

He gave Reece a nod. "Ready when you are, sir."

Reece couldn't help but grin maniacally. "I get the feeling we're going to get along swell."

He hefted the pipe up onto his shoulder, "Alright. Lead the way Ensign. You know where the signal is, you lead. Have fun."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Gabe Crouch

"Yes. And yes, sir. I'll get right on it." Shelaf nodded and turned.

=/\= All security teams, gather in shuttle bay one for briefing. Bring full assault equipment, heavy weapons, you know the stuff.=/\= He ordered. His face split into a grin. This was going to be fun.

=/\= Yes Sir on my way Harriman out =/\=

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Lee Armstrong on April 10, 2012, 04:01:58 PM

Lee continued scanning the system, but to no avail. The Borg had managed to block most scans and communications where almost impossible. However Lee was still reading a lot of background sub space interference.

" Commander, i'm picking up something. Not much but it's getting bigger. "

" Like what Lee? I've got enough to worry about without chasing sensor ghosts. "

Lee Armstrong

Quote from: Scott Bradley on April 10, 2012, 04:18:41 PM

" Like what Lee? I've got enough to worry about without chasing sensor ghosts. "

" Its more than that sir, It's similar readings of the dimensional disturbance we picked up from the phantoms....Only much bigger in scale. "

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Lee Armstrong on April 10, 2012, 04:25:47 PM

" Its more than that sir, It's similar readings of the dimensional disturbance we picked up from the phantoms....Only much bigger in scale. "

" Then we had better not waste anymore time. Helm, take us towards Earth. Full impulse until we enter orbital defense weapons range, then cut all power to engines. WE go as dark as possible. "

=/\= Bradley to Greegy =/\=

" ETA to earth is 13 minutes Chief, have all teams ready. "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on April 10, 2012, 04:38:12 PM

" Then we had better not waste anymore time. Helm, take us towards Earth. Full impulse until we enter orbital defense weapons range, then cut all power to engines. WE go as dark as possible. "

=/\= Bradley to Greegy =/\=

" ETA to earth is 13 minutes Chief, have all teams ready. "

=/\=Aye, sir.=/\=

Shelaf turned to the assembled crew. "Ok, move! To your shuttles! Good look down there." He spotted Harriman amongst the crowd. He wanted the young recruit with him on this mission. "Harriman! Stick with me!"

Gabe Crouch

He spotted Harriman amongst the crowd. He wanted the young recruit with him on this mission. "Harriman! Stick with me!"

"Aye Sir! How bad is it down there?"

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: John Harriman on April 10, 2012, 05:07:05 PM

"Aye Sir! How bad is it down there?"

Shelaf paused for a second. "Ever fought the Borg before?"

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.