Author Topic: Season 7; Mission 10: End of Days  (Read 79562 times)

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 7; Mission 10: End of Days
« Reply #315 on: May 11, 2012, 04:52:11 pm »
Shelaf strolled casually onto the bridge, smiling at Reece as he did. "Alright? Need a hand or do you still remember how a proper warship works?" He asked.

"Yeah. I remember how a proper warship works. I'm still stuck with this though." He smiled back.

He walked away from the console, letting the Chief leap into his favourite spot. "Still, as long as she doesn't let me down. Guns are yours Chief."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #316 on: May 11, 2012, 05:04:03 pm »
"Yeah. I remember how a proper warship works. I'm still stuck with this though." He smiled back.

He walked away from the console, letting the Chief leap into his favourite spot. "Still, as long as she doesn't let me down. Guns are yours Chief."
Shelaf smiled and took the chair, logging into the console. "Thank you, Lieutenant. Get some rest. I've got a feeling we've a busy time ahead."

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #317 on: May 11, 2012, 05:12:08 pm »
Shelaf smiled and took the chair, logging into the console. "Thank you, Lieutenant. Get some rest. I've got a feeling we've a busy time ahead."

Reece gave a nod and stumbled into the Turbolift making his way down the ship until he reached his quarters.

He left the lift and walked close to the wall, running his hand along it to keep himself level.

As soon as he reached his door, he simply fell in, hitting the floor in front of the door, before it closed shut.

Ge got as comfy as he could on the floor of his quarters and was asleep seconds later.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

kawolsky

« Reply #318 on: May 11, 2012, 08:05:39 pm »

[76 Hours Later]

Exhausted.

That was probably the only word to describe the reaction of not just Scott, but the entire Discovery crew. Scott was leaning against the turbolift wall, half asleep and half awake. He arrived at bridge to see the buzz of activity. It was nice to have the full crew back. Scott smiled, despite all the sleep deprivation and events of the past few days, he was truly happy. That's why he had withdrawn his resignation from Starfleet. Despite all the hassle and discrimination this is where he belonged. He passed the familiar faces on the bridge, each hard at work at getting the old girl back in shape. Scott took a padd from a passing crewman, more paperwork to file. He walked straight towards his ready room and entered.

" Begging your pardon sir, but isn't this my ready room these days? "

Sat before Scott was his old Co and commander of the Discovery, John Kawolsky. He sat at the desk with a large grin.

Kawolsky had seated himself in Bradley's chair. As the ready room doors swished open, he decided to stop playing with the Newton's Cradle Bradley had sitting on his desk, and sat back in the chair. Lacing his fingers together and resting his elbows on the comfortable armrests, he cracked a smile at his former First Officer.

"Well, you see, I do remember receiving a resignation from a certain Starfleet Commander."  he said with a wry smile on his face   "Take a seat, Scott."
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 02:36:32 pm by John Kawolsky »

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Flight Control Officer, USS Challenger
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #319 on: May 12, 2012, 01:07:24 pm »
Kawolsky had seated himself in Bradley's chair. As the ready room doors swished open, he decided to stop playing with the Newton's Cradley Bradley had sitting on his desk, and sat back in the chair. Lacing his fingers together and resting his elbows on the comfortable armrests, he cracked a smile at his former First Officer.

"Well, you see, I do remember receiving a resignation from a certain Starfleet Commander."  he said with a wry smile on his face   "Take a seat, Scott."

Scott smirked at the joke. There was a time when Kawolsky would have had Scott scared stiff and at attention, but the mood between the two had become much less formal over the years.

" Didn't I retract that? Sloppy record keeping from the desk jockeys. "

The two share a laugh and Scott took the seat. .

" So, to what do I owe the pleasure Admiral? "

Offline Saffir G'Tollikos

• Deceased/Retired
  • CSO/Acting XO, USS Gibson
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to any player present during the 2012 Halloween special mission. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #320 on: May 12, 2012, 01:13:39 pm »
It's all so shiny, thought G'Tollikos, and not for the first time since arriving aboard the USS Discovery. He was still learning his way around the ship's labs, arranged as they were on decks four, five, and six. Thankfully, his own quarters were also on deck four, so it was a short walk to the primary labs.

Today, though, he was on deck four, doing absolutely nothing. The Discovery hadn't received her latest orders yet, and Tolly had no specific orders, nor experiments to perform. So he was doing his best to learn the ins and outs of the ship.

After the anarchy of the Earth invasion, Tolly thought that the only thing that could make this better was a petrie dish full of some unknown bacteria, a tall drink, and a visit from a friend.

He also reminded himself to make time to report in to the Captain, preferably before the CO found himself in critical need of a science officer.

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

kawolsky

« Reply #321 on: May 12, 2012, 02:02:53 pm »
Scott smirked at the joke. There was a time when Kawolsky would have had Scott scared stiff and at attention, but the mood between the two had become much less formal over the years.

" Didn't I retract that? Sloppy record keeping from the desk jockeys. "

The two share a laugh and Scott took the seat. .

" So, to what do I owe the pleasure Admiral? "

Kawolsky smiled. He hadn't in fact filed Bradley's notice of resignation. He had a feeling the Commander would change his mind.

"Well,"  he began, rising to his feet   "It seems a position has opened up for a new Captain"

Making his way towards Bradley, Kawolsky swept a small black box off the desk. Not a moment later, he threw it at the almost unprepared Commander. Lukily Scott's reflexes were sharp and he caught it in his hands.

"What d'ya say...Captain?"

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #322 on: May 12, 2012, 02:31:38 pm »
Kawolsky smiled. He hadn't in fact filed Bradley's notice of resignation. He had a feeling the Commander would change his mind.

"Well,"  he began, rising to his feet   "It seems a position has opened up for a new Captain"

Making his way towards Bradley, Kawolsky swept a small black box off the desk. Not a moment later, he threw it at the almost unprepared Commander. Lukily Scott's reflexes were sharp and he caught it in his hands.

"What d'ya say...Captain?"

Scott inspected the small box, before prising it open. The contents where something Scott had wanted since he was a child. A full set of four Captains pips. Scott smiled and let out a weary breath. After everything of the past few years, He never thought this would happen.

" You know, I never gave up one getting these on day. Just stopped tryin'. "

He closed the box over, and smiled.

"but I know now, I was meant to do this. Im ready. Thanks John. " 

kawolsky

« Reply #323 on: May 12, 2012, 02:41:27 pm »
Scott inspected the small box, before prising it open. The contents where something Scott had wanted since he was a child. A full set of four Captains pips. Scott smiled and let out a weary breath. After everything of the past few years, He never thought this would happen.

" You know, I never gave up one getting these on day. Just stopped tryin'. "

He closed the box over, and smiled.

"but I know now, I was meant to do this. Im ready. Thanks John. " 

Kawolsky smiled before taking one of the shiny pips from the small box he had just handed Bradley. Taking a step forward, he took hold of Scott's uniform collar and placed the pip next to the three existing ones that sat there in a neat row.

"Congratulations, Captain"  he said, extending his hand

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #324 on: May 12, 2012, 02:53:37 pm »
Kawolsky smiled before taking one of the shiny pips from the small box he had just handed Bradley. Taking a step forward, he took hold of Scott's uniform collar and placed the pip next to the three existing ones that sat there in a neat row.

"Congratulations, Captain"  he said, extending his hand

Scott took Kawolskys hand and shook it. Things had been tense between them since the revelation of Scott's Iconian heritage, but it seemed like things could get back to normal.

" Seems like just the other day I came on board as a smart ass ensign. You must feel old? "

Scott smiled as he spoke, It felt good to be happy and be able to have some levity once more.

Archangel Koris

« Reply #325 on: May 12, 2012, 03:04:22 pm »
It's all so shiny, thought G'Tollikos, and not for the first time since arriving aboard the USS Discovery. He was still learning his way around the ship's labs, arranged as they were on decks four, five, and six. Thankfully, his own quarters were also on deck four, so it was a short walk to the primary labs.

Today, though, he was on deck four, doing absolutely nothing. The Discovery hadn't received her latest orders yet, and Tolly had no specific orders, nor experiments to perform. So he was doing his best to learn the ins and outs of the ship.

After the anarchy of the Earth invasion, Tolly thought that the only thing that could make this better was a petrie dish full of some unknown bacteria, a tall drink, and a visit from a friend.

He also reminded himself to make time to report in to the Captain, preferably before the CO found himself in critical need of a science officer.

Archangel sighed, getting up from her desk.  She was getting restless.  She pulled her hair into a ponytail, deciding to check in with the ensign she had met down on the planet.  She felt the need to be in the company of another newbie on the ship.  After asking the computer where he was, she set off for Deck Four.  She poked her head around the door into the lab, spotting him.
"Hey, fancy a bit of company?"  She asked.

kawolsky

« Reply #326 on: May 12, 2012, 03:08:47 pm »
Scott took Kawolskys hand and shook it. Things had been tense between them since the revelation of Scott's Iconian heritage, but it seemed like things could get back to normal.

" Seems like just the other day I came on board as a smart ass ensign. You must feel old? "

Scott smiled as he spoke, It felt good to be happy and be able to have some levity once more.

"Old?"  Kawolsky replied   "Speak for yourself."

Kawolsky smiled at Bradley one more time before patting him on the shoulder and heading towards the door.

"Oh, just one more thing. Don't let that pip go to your head. You continue to take good care of this ship and her crew. You hear me?"

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #327 on: May 12, 2012, 03:28:11 pm »
"Old?"  Kawolsky replied   "Speak for yourself."

Kawolsky smiled at Bradley one more time before patting him on the shoulder and heading towards the door.

"Oh, just one more thing. Don't let that pip go to your head. You continue to take good care of this ship and her crew. You hear me?"

" Yes sir. "

Scott followed Kawolsky, and the two where soon on the bridge.

" She should be ready to go in a couple of hours. We've got a rendezvous with a Romulan refugee ship at 1600 tomorrow. No rest for the wicked. "

kawolsky

« Reply #328 on: May 12, 2012, 03:51:22 pm »
" Yes sir. "

Scott followed Kawolsky, and the two where soon on the bridge.

" She should be ready to go in a couple of hours. We've got a rendezvous with a Romulan refugee ship at 1600 tomorrow. No rest for the wicked. "

"Indeed not"  Kawolsky replied  "Now if you'll excuse me, an Admiral's work is never done."

With that, Kawolsky nodded to Bradley and the rest of the staff on the bridge, and headed for the turbolift.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #329 on: May 12, 2012, 04:21:50 pm »
"Indeed not"  Kawolsky replied  "Now if you'll excuse me, an Admiral's work is never done."

With that, Kawolsky nodded to Bradley and the rest of the staff on the bridge, and headed for the turbolift.

Scott stood in a salute.

" Admiral of the fleet departing. "

Everyone on the bridge stood straight and threw a salute. Kawolsky returned the gesture, and exited the bridge. Scott then went about his business, looking over reports and maintenance updates. A Young ensign presented him with a PADD.

Here you go sir.

" Thank you, I don't believe we've met ensign...? "

James sir. Ensign Rick James.

" Good to have you on boars son. "

Begging your pardon sir, but a lot of us new crewmen where wondering, what's our first mission?

Scott laughed. It had been a long time since his first mission.

" Well Ensign, that's the beauty of this uniform and the service. Our destination is always changing. Now lets get ready to depart.

Let's see what's out there "

[[MISSION END 12TH MAY 2012]]

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles