Season 7; Mission 10: End of Days

Started by Riley T. Munro, April 03, 2012, 03:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Riley T. Munro

Executive Officer's Log - Stardate 65255.56:The Discovery has found it's way into what seems to be a bad situation gone worse. Yet again. Seems we have a knack for it. While Bradley attempts to contact Starfleet Command, and Admiral Kawolsky, I and Master Chief Greegy are trying to formulate a plan that doesn't include martyrdom. It seems that the Borg, a weird mutation of them have taken over sectors of Earth. Now we are forming some plans and meeting shortly in the conference room before bringing our best plans to the Captain. May God help us. Lieutenant Commander Riley T. Munro, end log.

"Munro to Greegy, my ready room." She said tapping her comm.

At this point she could only hope that everyone else was formulating some sort of plan.

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on April 03, 2012, 03:59:36 PM

Executive Officer's Log - Stardate 65255.56:The Discovery has found it's way into what seems to be a bad situation gone worse. Yet again. Seems we have a knack for it. While Bradley attempts to contact Starfleet Command, and Admiral Kawolsky, I and Master Chief Greegy are trying to formulate a plan that doesn't include martyrdom. It seems that the Borg, a weird mutation of them have taken over sectors of Earth. Now we are forming some plans and meeting shortly in the conference room before bringing our best plans to the Captain. May God help us. Lieutenant Commander Riley T. Munro, end log.

"Munro to Greegy, my ready room." She said tapping her comm.

At this point she could only hope that everyone else was formulating some sort of plan.

Shelaf worked his way through the bustling bridge, until he was at the ready room. He stepped through the door to see Riley standing there. "Ma'am." He nodded carefully, keeping his emotions in check.

Riley T. Munro

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on April 03, 2012, 04:06:29 PM

Shelaf worked his way through the bustling bridge, until he was at the ready room. He stepped through the door to see Riley standing there. "Ma'am." He nodded carefully, keeping his emotions in check.

His nod was not the usual friendly gesture he had most of the time, but more a concerned one rather. This was going to be a ordeal of a lifetime, and hopefully not the last one the lifetime. An event that was. She sat down behind her desk and motioned for Shelaf to take a seat as well.

"Shelaf, Shelaf, Shelaf." She said in dismay and frustration toward current events.

"What are we going to do?" She asked hopeful that he had more ideas than she.

Kale Bridges

Starfleet Command. Reece had been dropped off there by the Churchill and forced to wait until the Discovery arrived to pick him up.

Reece slowly opened his eyes. His vision was still distorted from the explosion. The first science lab he ever set foot in, and the experiment exploded.

He pushed a broken table off his legs and checked them. Not to bad, just a few cuts and bruises. That was lucky. The alarms were going off, but no one was in the room.

He tapped his commbadge, but nothing happened. He tapped it again, but to no avail. Perhaps the explosion had damaged his badge.

He got up onto his feet and took a few seconds to take some deep breaths and steady himself. Why was no one in the room?

He walked towards the door and it slowly swished open. He walked out and turned left, seeing the back of a borg drone. He dived back into the room, allowing the door to close behind him.

"What the hell." He whispered to himself. He walked back, letting the door open as it sensed his presence. Peering out of it, he saw the drone simply standing there. The one time he didn't have his phaser with him, borg start appearing.

He looked around the room and saw a large piece of pipe work that had been used in the experiment. He picked it up, checking the weight. It was heavy enough to be used as a weapon.

"It'll do until I find a phaser." He slowly left the lab and crept towards the drone. Bringing the pipe to the side of his head, he swung it sideways with all of his might, almost decapitating the drone. He fell against the wall with a deafening crack.

No doubt, the other drones would become aware of it's loss of contact and come check it out. He needed to get away from the scene, quickly. He kept the pipe in his hands and ran off. He needed to reach the transmitter controls, send out a warning to avoid earth until it was safe to do so.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on April 03, 2012, 04:36:10 PM

His nod was not the usual friendly gesture he had most of the time, but more a concerned one rather. This was going to be a ordeal of a lifetime, and hopefully not the last one the lifetime. An event that was. She sat down behind her desk and motioned for Shelaf to take a seat as well.

"Shelaf, Shelaf, Shelaf." She said in dismay and frustration toward current events.

"What are we going to do?" She asked hopeful that he had more ideas than she.

Shelaf sat, gathering his thoughts. This wasn't a case of ship to ship combat, or a boarding party. This was on a planetary scale. "First, rescuing surface assets. It's safe to assume the Borg have control have the surface defenses. We wouldn't get close. If We could get the military personnel out of... say, the Academy and Starfleet command, we would have larger manpower reserves. If we destroyed the orbital defences, we'd have full airspace control. As far as we know, the Borg have no air or space assets." Shelaf said, getting into his stride now. "We deploy surface assault teams to..." Here he paused, calling up a map of the area surrounding Starfleet Command and the Academy. "Here and here." He pointed to two areas just inside the grounds of both. "While shuttles evacuate the personnel, we'd be able to make more advanced scans using the science suites at Command, maybe find where the Borg are coming from. If we can stop the source of the invasion, maybe the rest will retreat."

Shelaf sat in his chair again. "Of course, this all depends on our ability to get close enough to Earth to deploy these teams, which we can't do because of orbital defences. However, if we were unpowered... they couldn't detect us." Shelaf shook his head. "I'll have to talk to engineering. They know what a ship can and can't do."

Scott Bradley

Scott was sat on his chair on the bridge. The B.O.R.G had somehow managed to arrive in our universe. A million things raced through his mind, how did they manage that, what happened to the other earth they helped to save, and did they have any of the Iconian technology that made the Discoverys fall through the universe possible.

He was almost paralyzed by the severity of the situation around him. The fleet defending Earth was out on tactical maneuvers , and the rest of the task force sent to rescue Jupiter Station had been obliterated before the Discovery could return to Earth. The Discovery has backed off from Earth for now, taking there time to plan the next move. Scott turned to Price, who had made his way to the bridge.

" Whats the status of our power levels? We need to be back at full power asap. "

Riley T. Munro

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on April 03, 2012, 05:57:45 PM

Shelaf sat, gathering his thoughts. This wasn't a case of ship to ship combat, or a boarding party. This was on a planetary scale. "First, rescuing surface assets. It's safe to assume the Borg have control have the surface defenses. We wouldn't get close. If We could get the military personnel out of... say, the Academy and Starfleet command, we would have larger manpower reserves. If we destroyed the orbital defences, we'd have full airspace control. As far as we know, the Borg have no air or space assets." Shelaf said, getting into his stride now. "We deploy surface assault teams to..." Here he paused, calling up a map of the area surrounding Starfleet Command and the Academy. "Here and here." He pointed to two areas just inside the grounds of both. "While shuttles evacuate the personnel, we'd be able to make more advanced scans using the science suites at Command, maybe find where the Borg are coming from. If we can stop the source of the invasion, maybe the rest will retreat."

Shelaf sat in his chair again. "Of course, this all depends on our ability to get close enough to Earth to deploy these teams, which we can't do because of orbital defences. However, if we were unpowered... they couldn't detect us." Shelaf shook his head. "I'll have to talk to engineering. They know what a ship can and can't do."

"Alright get on that. Talk with Engineering, and then I want you to get a message somehow to Thompson, he is due for a pick up anytime, he could be the inside source we need. Also, I need you to get all of this to Bradley asap. We don't have a whole lot of time, and we certainly don't have room for error." She said standing.

Munro nodded as Greegy walked away and exited the ready room, looking out the window, she sighed.

"If there is a God, out there somewhere in the void that is space, please, hear me. And help us." She said aloud to no one, or at least no one she could see.

Connor Price

Quote from: Scott Bradley on April 04, 2012, 02:37:13 PM

Scott was sat on his chair on the bridge. The B.O.R.G had somehow managed to arrive in our universe. A million things raced through his mind, how did they manage that, what happened to the other earth they helped to save, and did they have any of the Iconian technology that made the Discoverys fall through the universe possible.

He was almost paralyzed by the severity of the situation around him. The fleet defending Earth was out on tactical maneuvers , and the rest of the task force sent to rescue Jupiter Station had been obliterated before the Discovery could return to Earth. The Discovery has backed off from Earth for now, taking there time to plan the next move. Scott turned to Price, who had made his way to the bridge.

" Whats the status of our power levels? We need to be back at full power asap. "

Price glanced down at the PADD in his hand. "Well, we have full power. We've had time to get our warp core working again. Repairs hadn't started when we went to Jupiter so all systems are online. We're in good shape, actually." Connor reported. He looked at the sensor scans of the planet and sighed. "What good that'll do against Borg though, I don't know."

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Reece Thompson on April 03, 2012, 05:30:38 PM

He needed to reach the transmitter controls, send out a warning to avoid earth until it was safe to do so.

Creeping around Starfleet Command wasn't exactly what Reece had planned during his leave on Earth. However, circumstances never allowed Reece to follow his plans. He arrived at the transmitter control room, to find a drone standing outside the door.
There was no way he could sneak past it while it was looking down the corridor in his direction.

"Computer. Are the transporters still online?" he asked, it was a long shot.

"Affirmative."

Reece was taken aback with the answer. he had hoped for it, but it was still a surprise. "Oh.. really?" he asked.

"Affirmative."

"Good. Lock on the drone outside the transmitter control room and beam it into science lab 3."

Reece listed as he heard a transporter hum, and peered around the corner. With a nice clear view, he sprinted down the hall and dived into the doorway. Reece looked out and saw a green hue as another borg beamed in to take the missing space. Luckily, it was facing down the hall. The door swished shut, and Reece heaved a sigh.

He picked himself up off the floor and walked towards the transmitter controls. Taking a quick look over the console, he could see they were locked down.

"Ahh. This is a problem." He said to himself. He knelt down beside the console and opened it up, revealing the circuits and the isolinear chips. "OK. I remember being showed this."

He stared at the console, trying to take himself back to his time on the Churchill, when one of the Engineers showed him how to unlock a console.

He picked one of the chips and placed it in another slot. The console beeped twice, bringing Reece up to check it out. The transmitter was back online.

"Yes!" He praised himself. "Now I better send out a warning."

---This is Lieutenant Reece Thompson in Starfleet Command. Earth has been attacked by the Borg. Keep your distance until the situation is rectified. I repeat, Earth has been attacked by the Borg. Do not approach Earth.
This message is set to repeat.---

Reece read the message through. That should keep the people away. He knew he couldn't broadcast it on all channels though. It would be detected too quickly. He needed a way to hide it.

The emergency broadcast system.

Tapping away on the console, Reece input the message into the Emergency broadcast system. Anyone listening to it would have their signal interrupted for a few seconds while the message played. The interruptions would occur every few minutes. it was the bets he could do without increasing the risk of having the message discovered and purged.

He released the message into the system and allowed it to broadcast through the Sol System. Hopefully, someone would hear it.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Connor Price on April 04, 2012, 04:32:39 PM

Price glanced down at the PADD in his hand. "Well, we have full power. We've had time to get our warp core working again. Repairs hadn't started when we went to Jupiter so all systems are online. We're in good shape, actually." Connor reported. He looked at the sensor scans of the planet and sighed. "What good that'll do against Borg though, I don't know."

" We need to hope that there still not as advanced as our Borg. Remember they where only just forming a collective when we discovered them. So far it's only ground troops. There's been no ships sighted. "

Scott looked to the main viewer, which still showed the debris field of the task force.

" Although I wonder how the hell they did that. "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on April 05, 2012, 02:12:57 PM

" We need to hope that there still not as advanced as our Borg. Remember they where only just forming a collective when we discovered them. So far it's only ground troops. There's been no ships sighted. "

Scott looked to the main viewer, which still showed the debris field of the task force.

" Although I wonder how the hell they did that. "

Shelaf wandered over to the two officers. "Orbital defences, sir. The Borg have total control" he explained. "I have a plan, but it'll stress the ship to its limits." He said, passing the PADD to Price. "Can we do this?"

Connor Price

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on April 05, 2012, 03:39:01 PM

Shelaf wandered over to the two officers. "Orbital defences, sir. The Borg have total control" he explained. "I have a plan, but it'll stress the ship to its limits." He said, passing the PADD to Price. "Can we do this?"

Price took the PADD, glancing over the contents. He looked up at Shelaf "Well..." He started. "It'd be possible... just. We'd take damage just from the stress of the operation." He said, handing the PADD back. "However, from an engine point of view... it's possible."

Saffir G'Tollikos

It had seemed like a good idea at the time, thought Saffir as he pushed the debris of the exploded lab off of him. Somewhere to his right, through the ringing in his ears, he could hear what sounded like someone else moving around, but by the time he was able to stand he found himself alone.

Perhaps my imagination, he thought. Then he remembered: someone else had been here. A human. He had come in and asked about someone. Saffir had glanced up from his experiment and accidentally ignited the unstable chemicals, which had rocketed into the ceiling and brought the room down around him.

So it was all his fault, thought the Mugato, his ire rising. Brushing more debris from his fur he quickly checked himself for serious injury, then headed for the open door.

Looking to the right, he saw a shocking sight: a figure slumped against the wall with its head caved in, gore splattered against the wall and leaking across the floor. Had the man who had barged in and caused the explosion killed a man? Was there a murderer on the loose?

Saffir tapped his comm badge, but got no response.

Moving down the hall, he cautiously peered into a room and saw a tall Human tapping away at a transmitter.

"You!" he called, raising himself up to his full height. "Stop whatever it is your doing and step away from that console!"

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Saffir G'Tollikos on April 06, 2012, 03:59:21 PM

Moving down the hall, he cautiously peered into a room and saw a tall Human tapping away at a transmitter.

"You!" he called, raising himself up to his full height. "Stop whatever it is your doing and step away from that console!"

Reece turned around to see the Ensign stood in the doorway, with an empty hallway behind him.

"Oh good. It left. Get in here and shut the door. I don't want to get caught by another drone."

He turned back to the console and tapped away.

"I'm detecting a ship in deep orbit, but the BORG have control over most of the primary systems, so I can't get a good look at what it is. They should've received my signal though."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Saffir G'Tollikos

"Who left?" demanded Saffir, taking a step into the room. "What drone? What Borg? What in the three suns of Horune are you on about?" He turned to look down the corridor and saw a tall figure moving back towards the room.

It was a Borg drone.

"BORG!" shouted the cadet, closing the door quickly and locking it. Turning to look over his shoulder, he said, "I think it saw us."

Zuriel Soreka: Romulan killing spree!!!!!!
Alexander Wu: You guys forgot to bring redshirts...
Zuriel Soreka: Don't worry we will make some. Art and crafts!!!!!!
--Just another day on the USS Gibson

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.