Author Topic: Competition Time - Win the Latest TOS Novel!  (Read 1860 times)

kawolsky

Competition Time - Win the Latest TOS Novel!
« on: April 02, 2012, 09:48:14 pm »
This competition is now closed.
Competition Time - Win the Latest TOS Novel!

It's competition time again and this time we've got the latest Star Trek: The Original Series novel The Which Divides up for grabs!

To be in with a chance of winning this fantastic prize, we'd like you to get your creative juices flowing and come up with a cover design for our forthcoming poetry anthology entitled Beyond the Stars. You can download the cover template from here (right click >> "save as" or similar) and to submit your design, simply attach it to a reply below.

The winner will not only receive a copy of this fantastic novel by an Original Series writer, but their design will be professionally published for all to purchase on the Shadow Fleet Store!

Get your creative caps on, people! You have until April 30th to submit your designs, after which a winner will be chosen by the Shadow Fleet Admiralty. And don't forget, you can still submit poems to the Articles section of the forum during this time.

We hope to see some imaginative designs!

TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
  • The competition is being run by ShadowFleet.org using the CafePress.com online shopping facility and is open to any member who does not have admin rights (moderators are permitted).
  • A maximum of three designs may be submitted per player, however only one will be chosen as the winning design.
  • Designs must be submitted in .JPEG format, must be original, and must not include any copyrighted material (including images and/or slogans).
  • By submitting your design to Shadow Fleet, you are giving your permission for it to be used as the cover of Beyond The Stars and sold on the Shadow Fleet Store with no expectation of a cash reward.
  • The winner will be decided by the Shadow Fleet admiralty. All decisions are final.
  • For help, more information or assistance with submitting your designs, please email [email protected] with a subject of "Anthology Cover Design Competition"
  • Closing date: April 30th, 2012

« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 10:41:02 am by John Kawolsky »

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Competition Time - Win the Latest TOS Novel!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 08:37:23 pm »
Here is my idea for a cover.
It's supposed to look like a starship right after it has gone into warp, which could symbolize going beyond the stars.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Offline Inzjana

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Embrace Eternity
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2012, 11:30:48 am »
Click on the link below to view my meagre attempt at a cover design.

FYI the streak image is Microsoft Clipart, don't know if that is allowed or not but I didn't really do it to win, I did it for the enjoyment I get from doing illustrative design. ;)
I uploaded it to Google Documents, because after two goes realised that it wouldn't upload here, ok I know, slow learner apparently. Either that, or just wishful thinking on my part. So on the off chance it does win, I can send it via email of course.

Live Long and Prosper!

SHADOW FLEET ANTHOLOGY OF POEMS
« Last Edit: April 16, 2012, 11:34:18 am by Inzjana »

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

TLaina Mandlin

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2012, 12:46:18 pm »
Here is mine finally took me all weekend to come up with it but I did it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles