Personal Improvement Month Now On!

Started by kawolsky, March 01, 2012, 04:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

Personal Improvement Month Now On!
The Personal Improvement Month has now begun! From now until the end of the month, Shadow Fleet will be focussing on improving every aspect of our posts, from spelling & grammar to Star Trek knowledge, in an effort to help us all become the best we can possibly be!

As a result, each of your Command Officers will be keeping their eyes open for any silly repeat mistakes and providing you with any help you need to overcome these for the benefit of your SIMM and the RPG as a whole. Remember, they're there to help you not criticize so if you have any questions or queries, don't hesitate to ask them!

Over the next four weeks, we'll also be releasing a series of writing improvement resources which we hope everyone will find useful.

It's going to be a busy month, but if we take to it with enthusiasm and commitment, I have no doubt it will be a success! Let's go, Shadow Fleet!

Shelaf Greegy

Who sends the Commanding officers messages about things they need to improve!?  :D

Lance Krol

ME ;D

EDIT: Also, can people correct me on my Star Trek knowledge anyway? I'm just taking my knowledge of physics and applying to to fiction, and hoping that matches up. I have no real experience with Star Trek, despite owning the whole original series.

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Lance Krol on March 01, 2012, 05:49:08 PM

ME ;D

EDIT: Also, can people correct me on my Star Trek knowledge anyway? I'm just taking my knowledge of physics and applying to to fiction, and hoping that matches up. I have no real experience with Star Trek, despite owning the whole original series.
Same here, except not with physics.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Inzjana

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

T'Ra Jones

Quote from: Inzjana on March 02, 2012, 12:26:27 AM

Try this:
(Can't believe I have forgotten how to do bbcode)

http://en.memory-alpha.org/wiki/Portal:Main
http://www.ex-astris-scientia.org/

Real world physics:

http://www.daviddarling.info/

:) It's ok. I know enough about bbcodes to figure out what the urls were.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Inzjana

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on March 01, 2012, 05:30:45 PM

Who sends the Commanding officers messages about things they need to improve!?  :D

I concur! Who indeed? Just because a player is a commanding officer of this role playing game, does not make them automatically an expert.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Inzjana on March 02, 2012, 08:28:47 AM

I concur! Who indeed? Just because a player is a commanding officer of this role playing game, does not make them automatically an expert.

Does this qualify as one of the mysteries of life?

Connor Price

Quote from: Tobias Masters on March 15, 2012, 05:47:18 PM

Does this qualify as one of the mysteries of life?

Not particularly. We have two admirals to tell the CO's how to improve.

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Connor Price on March 15, 2012, 06:57:49 PM

Not particularly. We have two admirals to tell the CO's how to improve.

Darn... Thanks Conner for busting my buble hehe :D

Connor Price

John Brown

I am posting this to show pepole that with Shadowfleet and all the great pepole you can improve how you post we get to be better writters here with the Help of the Command Staff.

Below is a current post done my me

John sat at the tactical station as to him getting loss in his work is the one thing that he has learned would keep his mind off things. Little over three weeks ago he was informed that the U.S.S Banting failed to check in and Starfleet would not look for the vessel. In his thoughts something didn't feel right something not at all.

"Computer is the long range transiver operational" Finished John turning to the aft secuitey station

Computer" Affirmative

"Computer open a Secure transmission with Omega Security to U.S.S Harbor Grace Lieutenant Commander Richard Ransom" ordered Brown

==^==
"John?......What the hell is going on contacting me on a secure channel "Replied Richard Ransom
"Its Steven, he's missing his ship failed to check in three weeks ago" Finished Brown
"I know, I am aware of the current situation and the Churchills mission I am kept apprised" Stated Richard Ransom
"What do you mean you are aware?, were are you?"asked Brown
"Closer than you would think, but I can't keep this channel open for long we would be detected but know this, Starfleet knows more about the Banting it's been classified for reasons I can't say. But if you get to earth soon I still have contacts at Starfleet command this is part of a larger T'Vek long thought dead escaped and is dealing with the Bishop......*as the transmission garbled Brown makes out the works in the back ground leave before the Churchill spots us*
==^==

Computer: Transmission Lost

"Interesting" Finished John

Now is is a post made by me  August 06, 2005 over 5 years ago

Vice Admiral Brown and Commondore Malcom set the plasma charges.
Commdore I tided in a 30 second  delay. Then Peter Took out his phaser and shot the connections to the back-up Computer. Then the two Officers stared to run out of the main Computer core room and jumped into the jefferie tube.
an explostion was heard.
Computer: Main Computer Failure back-up Systems ca'nt be accessed
Vice Admiral Brown took out his tricorder  the Shadows has three days of life in here.
Commondore we will Abanden Ship after we go to the Bridge .
as the two Entered the Bridge.
Commondore get a Pod ready.
Peter took a panel off the Tatical Staton then he cross wires  and pressed some buttons and a shound of a seals locking was heard what Peter done was lockdown and seal every deck  Then he walked over to the Opserations Station then he cross some wires and pressed some buttons
COmputer:Back-up Systems on-line
Computer Raise Shields Arm   Weaponds
Computer Engine Satus
COmputer:1/4 Impluse power only avable
Computer lay in course 104 by 001 mark 9
Computer:Course layed in
Computer Engage
*Taps Communcater*

so you can see that you can improve, and be better at writing

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.