Author Topic: Season 1, Mission 06: Lifeline  (Read 54381 times)

Lance Krol

Re: Season 1, Mission 06: Lifeline
« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2012, 04:43:41 am »

Taras stood in stunned silence. Here he had just witnessed the mother of all breakdowns... From someone he had just spoken to civilly about a few minutes ago.

A part of him felt like extending his hand and shouting Lance Krol, ladies and gentlemen! to cut the rather tense atmosphere.

But his more sympathetic side simply guided his actions. He walked over to Lance, and placed his hand on his shoulder. "You know... it's really not that bad. I assure you... we'll talk later."

With that he walked down to the seat where the first officer would normally sit. He didn't sit down. It was too... tense to sit down.

Noticing the confused faces of the officers still reeling from the breakdown, Taras gently barked, "Well get on with what you're doing, then, kind sirs."

This is going to be a long day... he thought to himself.

Lance simply shrugged without looking up, placid and calm and not knowing how the hell to keep the rest of his appearance on par with that stageworthy performance without looking even crazier than he did already. "If you want to talk to me, feel free to at any time," he called over his shoulder.

Recalling being made an acting department head on his first day, he felt sorry for the man. He locked his board allowing the diagnostics to continue. He still had a few of the Sec Chief codes as he had not briefed the man yet, and he almost hoped that someone would try to decrypt the codes he locked it with. When he ran his diagnostics, he didn't like anyone to mess with it whether it was the Captain or an enlisted crewmen.

"Lieutenant" he called out looking at the man who had clearly just lost it. He hoped that the man would play along, if not, then he would look crazy too. "I know that you have been practicing hard on our holo play, and are anxious to show everyone how well you have gotten into you character, but we have to wait until we are ready to do the whole show." He said walking towards the man, slowly but pointedly. He wanted to make sure that Krol could see that he wasn't messing with him. Bugging out on the bridge, especially while they are in space dock.. that would just be embarrassing. He reached a hand out to put on the man's shoulder and try to lead him towards the turbo lift.

Lance flinched the man's hand away. "Mr. Masters, I appreciate that you may not want me to appear mad but I'd much rather get on with my job. I realize I look bad and I'll live with that," he murmured. He kept running diagnostics and composing in his head. "Don't treat me like a senile old man because I'm seven years older than you. And in any case, if I were to write a play I'd do it myself with my own considerable intelligence," he said as he turned around. "Oh, and thanks for killing my credibility as well. It'll be really very nice to appear senile and unstable," he shot, turned back to his console, and immediately regretted it.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:15:41 am by Lance Krol »

Offline Taras Cadenza

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 26, 2012, 06:52:02 am »

Lance simply shrugged without looking up, placid and calm and not knowing how the hell to keep the rest of his appearance on par with that stageworthy performance without looking even crazier than he did already. "If you want to talk to me, feel free to at any time," he called over his shoulder.

Lance flinched the man's hand away. "Mr. Masters, I appreciate that you may not want me to appear mad but I'd much rather get on with my job. I realize I look bad and I'll live with that," he murmured. He kept running diagnostics and composing in his head. "Don't treat me like a senile old man because I'm seven years older than you. And in any case, if I were to write a play I'd do it myself with my own considerable intelligence," he said as he turned around. "Oh, and thanks for killing my credibility as well. It'll be really very nice to appear senile and unstable," he shot, turned back to his console, and immediately regretted it.

Taras breathed a sigh of frustration. The only longer they dwelled on this incident would only serve to raise confusion and lower morale. Masters wasn't helping things by rilling the unstable lieutenant either. And such distractions would be completely unnecessary and could even spell damage, maybe even career catastrophe in the long run. Maybe it was time to raise his own voice a bit. To do a bit of damage control.

"OKAY...! Everyone listen. The commanders are currently in a meeting, and may be out at any time..." he begun, standing in front of the viewer, facing the bridge crew. "Now... I would like, ideally, at least, an illusion of peace and serenity. And by that, I mean that nothing happened here. Nothing that Mr. Cortez, Mr. Clarke, nothing that any of the senior staff or in fact anyone else on this ship need to know about. Remember, we are a Federation Starship. We have a mission to keep to. And your minds should be focused on that. If anyone has anything to say about it... keep it inside. It never happened. No one shall speak of it. Okay?"

The beeping of consoles finally resumed with a few startled nods around the bridge. Taras sighed again, this time taking a seat on Mr. Cortez's chair.

Well this is a great start to the day. he thought, the inner voice laced with sarcasm.

Then he buried his face in his hands. Poor Lance... he thought, this time with genuine sympathy...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 06:56:00 am by Taras Cadenza »

ThomasRiker

« Reply #32 on: February 26, 2012, 08:21:57 am »

Masters nodded, he had tried to help the man, and the man threw it back at him. He bit his lip for a moment snapping off what he wanted to say.
Taras breathed a sigh of frustration. The only longer they dwelled on this incident would only serve to raise confusion and lower morale. Masters wasn't helping things by rilling the unstable lieutenant either. And such distractions would be completely unnecessary and could even spell damage, maybe even career catastrophe in the long run. Maybe it was time to raise his own voice a bit. To do a bit of damage control.

"OKAY...! Everyone listen. The commanders are currently in a meeting, and may be out at any time..." he begun, standing in front of the viewer, facing the bridge crew. "Now... I would like, ideally, at least, an illusion of peace and serenity. And by that, I mean that nothing happened here. Nothing that Mr. Cortez, Mr. Clarke, nothing that any of the senior staff or in fact anyone else on this ship need to know about. Remember, we are a Federation Starship. We have a mission to keep to. And your minds should be focused on that. If anyone has anything to say about it... keep it inside. It never happened. No one shall speak of it. Okay?"

The beeping of consoles finally resumed with a few startled nods around the bridge. Taras sighed again, this time taking a seat on Mr. Cortez's chair.

Well this is a great start to the day. he thought, the inner voice laced with sarcasm.

Then he buried his face in his hands. Poor Lance... he thought, this time with genuine sympathy...

Knowing this wasn't the best course of action, Masters replied "we can forget about it just as soon a medical clears him. All we need is for him to bug out again during combat. Now lieutenant get to medical or I will march in and report you myself" he essentially ordered. "they'll let any crazy Bastard in these days he only half mumbled, not caring if the man heard. He fully intended to carry out his that, and was not opposed to arresting him pending eval if necessary
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 08:29:40 am by Tobias Masters »

Lance Krol

« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2012, 08:44:22 am »
Masters nodded, he had tried to help the man, and the man threw it back at him. He bit his lip for a moment snapping off what he wanted to say.
Knowing this wasn't the best course of action, Masters replied "we can forget about it just as soon a medical clears him. All we need is for him to bug out again during combat. Now lieutenant get to medical or I will march in and report you myself" he essentially ordered. "they'll let any crazy Bastard in these days he only half mumbled, not caring if the man heard. He fully intended to carry out his that, and was not opposed to arresting him pending eval if necessary

Lance nodded, quietly. He realized that as inconsiderate as he was being, Masters probably had a point. "I assure you, I'm not going to 'bug out again'. Still, if it would make you happy I'm perfectly willing to prove that there's no medical reason for me to have deep personal issues," he shot sarcastically over his shoulder. He wasn't usually – actually, scratch that, he wasn't ever this nasty, but he'd snapped. Any kind of meek complacency would make him look bad and it didn't take a master detective to work out how he looked now anyway. He turned to a random ensign and called "Could you possibly find a stop-gap for this terminal please? I'll be busy for about fifteen minutes, maybe half an hour at worst," and quick-marched to the turbolift. Turning around, he looked at Taras, who wasn't looking at him. He was too busy looking literally anywhere else, which right now was straight into the palms of his hands.

The doors whirred shut and Lance collapsed into tears, sliding down the wall of the lift into the fetal position.

ThomasRiker

« Reply #34 on: February 26, 2012, 08:53:58 am »
Lance nodded, quietly. He realized that as inconsiderate as he was being, Masters probably had a point. "I assure you, I'm not going to 'bug out again'. Still, if it would make you happy I'm perfectly willing to prove that there's no medical reason for me to have deep personal issues," he shot sarcastically over his shoulder. He wasn't usually – actually, scratch that, he wasn't ever this nasty, but he'd snapped. Any kind of meek complacency would make him look bad and it didn't take a master detective to work out how he looked now anyway. He turned to a random ensign and called "Could you possibly find a stop-gap for this terminal please? I'll be busy for about fifteen minutes, maybe half an hour at worst," and quick-marched to the turbolift. Turning around, he looked at Taras, who wasn't looking at him. He was too busy looking literally anywhere else, which right now was straight into the palms of his hands.

The doors whirred shut and Lance collapsed into tears, sliding down the wall of the lift into the fetal position.

=/Masters to medical, let me know if Lt. Krol hasn't reported to you within the next hour.=\ He said. He didn't care what the others thought of him at this point. Part of his responsibility was ship safety, and he felt this was part of that. Then he went back to his console and continued his tests

Offline Taras Cadenza

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 26, 2012, 09:07:57 am »
=/Masters to medical, let me know if Lt. Krol hasn't reported to you within the next hour.=\ He said. He didn't care what the others thought of him at this point. Part of his responsibility was ship safety, and he felt this was part of that. Then he went back to his console and continued his tests

Taras eventually came out of his depressed mood and stood up. Though he wasn't completely out of the worry yet. He quickly walked over to Tobias' station, brushing a strand of his dark hair from his eyes.
"...Lt. Masters... I realise you were acting in the "best interests"... of the ship, but in the future could you act with a little more... Tact?" Taras asked, almost rhetorically. I.E. Not kicking a man when he's already down.

He walked away before Masters had a chance to respond, before tapping his own combadge as he walked past the rear consoles. 
"=^=Cadenza to Medical. Please alert me to when Lt. Krol enters sickbay. It's important. Cadenza out.=^="

He gripped the railings. Maybe this is a dream. One long mildly frustrating dream. he thought. Dear, dear dear...

ThomasRiker

« Reply #36 on: February 26, 2012, 09:15:51 am »
Taras eventually came out of his depressed mood and stood up. Thought he wasn't completely out of the worry yet. He quickly walked over to Tobias' station, brushing a strand of his dark hair from his eyes.
"...Lt. Masters... I realise you were acting in the "best interests"... of the ship, but in the future could you act with a little more... Tact?" Taras asked, almost rhetorically. I.E. Not kicking a man when he's already down.

He walked away before Masters had a chance to respond, before tapping his own combadge as he walked past the rear consoles.
"=^=Cadenza to Medical. Please alert me to when Lt. Krol enters sickbay. It's important. Cadenza out.=^="

He gripped the railings. Maybe this is a dream. One long mildly frustrating dream. he thought. Dear, dear dear...

Masters did little more than roll his eyes. He could see where this was going, it would be octavius Mirwald all over where once again he gets to be the bad guy.

Offline Inzjana

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Trusted Member
  • Embrace Eternity
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 26, 2012, 10:59:42 am »
Having got up hours ago, Inzjana had spent her time after showering, dressing, eating and meditating; on a particularly difficult problem she had started on for the Starfleet Intelligence Advanced Technology Division before joining the crew of the T'Kumbra to see what had happened to her friend who was killed on Sigma 7 and subsequently joining the crew of the Churchill after the nova bomb had destroyed the Cho'Chek star system.

Inzjana thought of her long lost friend, Dr Andre Offenbach as she was currently working on one of her pet projects; quantum phase-shifting, while drinking her fifth cup of Vulcan spice tea for the morning since she awoke.

Quantum Phase-Shifting was not to be confused with phase-shifting which had to do with thermal dynamics, which she had had to explain on more than one occasion to some visiting admirals to Reach; it had to do with literally pushing and object out-of-phase from normal space-time.

Of course, it is not the first time Starfleet had attempted this, as everyone at Starfleet Intelligence knew of the Pegasus incident, but that was to create a knew form of cloaking device and of course the Romulans had attempted a create a similar device. Her device differed in the way that was most important to her and that was to eventually do away with the warp drive, a form of FTL that had been proven to be damaging to space-time.

Inzjana's problem was that during the dimensional transition using currently available technology, the result was just as unstable as its predecessors and could still only be able to push matter ninety degrees out of phase rather than the desired a hundred and eighty.

Realising that she had been staring at her personal PADD for at least two and a half hours now, checking and rechecking her equations, put down her PADD and walked over to the vanity table and sat down pondering her features in the mirror.

Inzjana was a beautiful woman with, perfect feline features, a fact that several male and even the odd female humans quite often reminded her of, even going so far as sending flowers and chocolates and invitations to just about every bar and club on Epsilon Eridani 2. There was one problem, the object of their affection had absolutely no interest in her own countenance, nor flowers and Vulcans became intoxicate when eating chocolate, which looking back on it now, she realised that that was probably why she got so many.

So why was she looking in the mirror now...simple...another one of Inzjana's experiments naturally, to see if she could actually quantify and analyse what the fuss was all about.

Deciding that humans were just so completely unquantifiable at the best of times, Inzjana got dressed in to her uniform and decided to go to the bridge, with a mental excuse of having some work to do, but in reality, she was simply bored and wanted something else better to do with her time.

She arrived on the bridge just in time to witness Lieutenant Krol's psychological schism and the subsequent interactions of Masters and Cadenza with the officer in question, or at least questionable anyway. It was at this time, Inzjana happened to remember the introduction to the a twentieth century television show Andre had quite often made her watch on many occasions in to the late night hours:

There is a fifth dimension, beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call The Twilight Zone.

For a split second, walking in to this interesting and thankfully, not atypical display of odd human behaviour, Inzjana wondered if The Twilight Zone had been a documentary, rather than a fictional anthology series, but only for a split second.

Inzjana then walked to her station and logged in and was immediately informed by a rather insistent icon that she had received a message from the tactical station, which she reluctantly opened and read.

Surprisingly for the tactical station, the file was not on better ways to improve on reducing particularly painstakingly put together materials - like a starship - back to its constituent atoms in the shortest time possible, but on a recalcitrant subspace relay instead.

The file was labelled 'low priority' and Inzjana treated it as such, but even though she was about to delete the file, it was sent to this ship by Starfleet, so she filed it in the science station's own memory storage instead.

Of course, then Inzjana remembered that the Churchill had procured another commanding officer, who was actually the first commanding officer and if that wasn't confusing enough, the Churchill was almost destroyed retrieving said commanding officer, so she decided that at the nearest convenient opportunity she had better introduce herself before he had to be rescued again.

LIVE LONG AND PROSPER
DIF-TOR HEH SMUSMA

TLaina Mandlin

« Reply #38 on: February 26, 2012, 12:55:56 pm »

Blinking T'Laina would stop blowing spit bubbles and raise her head from her PADD when she started hearing voices. Looking around she would scan the room with her eyes looking for any signs out of place and slowly uncurl her lean legs from the stool and place the PADD on the desk. Shakeing her head a bit her hair would fly everywhere leaving it in a tangled mess but she didn't mind. Letting out a small breath T'Laina would take out some medical tools and place them on the desk, lining them all up in a neat little row and then tapping her combadge she would slowly speak

"=^=Mandlin to Bridge. I will alert you when Lt. Krol is present and if he doesn't show up in the next hour as well.  Mandlin out.=^=

Giggling slight T'Laina slowly sunk into her chair letting her thoughts run wild about what was going on with Lt. Krol she always missed the good parts being cooped up here down in the sick bay but she knew she would soon find out what was going on and how bad it was. Slapping her hands together T'Laina looked at her PADD clock and slowly started to count backwards.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 12:58:13 pm by TLaina Mandlin »

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 26, 2012, 01:48:47 pm »
The last batch of crewmen materialised on the transporter pad. Amongst them was Reece.

He had been forced to depart the ship rapidly when they were safe from their last mission due to medical reasons, but was now cleared back for active duty. Even if he didn't feel it.

The pirate situation however, required him to put his best in, and if he wasn't on death's door, he would do his duty.

He stepped off the pad. He recognised the transporter chief.

He greeted, walking over and shaking the man's hand.

Reece watched as the last crewmen filed out of the door. He adjusted his bag on his shoulder. He turned and walked out of the door.

Barely entering his quarters, he opened the doors and threw his bag onto the bed. Turning immediately, he turned and walked out. He watched a few crewmen enter a turbolift and quickly dived in with them before the doors shut.

The lift and various points along the way, exchanging crewmen until Reece finally arrived at the bridge. The doors opened and Reece looked in, but didn't exit the lift.

Looking in, Reece felt something he hadn't felt for a long time now. Relaxed. The bridge of this ship had been his home for a while. He gave a small smile and stepped out, allowing the lift to close and leave.

Looking around he saw two of the familiar faces that had became his family. Masters and Cadenza.

He said with a grin.

It was easy to tell by looking at him, he still felt awful, but he could stand, talk and operate a console. That made him fit for duty.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

ThomasRiker

« Reply #40 on: February 26, 2012, 02:41:01 pm »
The last batch of crewmen materialised on the transporter pad. Amongst them was Reece.

He had been forced to depart the ship rapidly when they were safe from their last mission due to medical reasons, but was now cleared back for active duty. Even if he didn't feel it.

The pirate situation however, required him to put his best in, and if he wasn't on death's door, he would do his duty.

He stepped off the pad. He recognised the transporter chief.

He greeted, walking over and shaking the man's hand.

Reece watched as the last crewmen filed out of the door. He adjusted his bag on his shoulder. He turned and walked out of the door.

Barely entering his quarters, he opened the doors and threw his bag onto the bed. Turning immediately, he turned and walked out. He watched a few crewmen enter a turbolift and quickly dived in with them before the doors shut.

The lift and various points along the way, exchanging crewmen until Reece finally arrived at the bridge. The doors opened and Reece looked in, but didn't exit the lift.

Looking in, Reece felt something he hadn't felt for a long time now. Relaxed. The bridge of this ship had been his home for a while. He gave a small smile and stepped out, allowing the lift to close and leave.

Looking around he saw two of the familiar faces that had became his family. Masters and Cadenza.

He said with a grin.

It was easy to tell by looking at him, he still felt awful, but he could stand, talk and operate a console. That made him fit for duty.

Masters felt a bit confused seeing Lt. Reece. He pointed towards the door, but could do little else. It was his understanding that Reece was no longer a member of the Churchill crew. How would this work... He goes from security chief, to acting XO, then after medical leave comes back to find he is merely a security officer? That isn't right. Masters felt even more ill towards this Commander Brown. He felt the job should have been his if Reece wasn't here, but now that Reece is here, it really should be his. He felt tempted to lodge a complaint with Starfleet, but he would let things play out a bit first before he took action.

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: February 26, 2012, 04:18:20 pm »
Masters felt a bit confused seeing Lt. Reece. He pointed towards the door, but could do little else. It was his understanding that Reece was no longer a member of the Churchill crew. How would this work... He goes from security chief, to acting XO, then after medical leave comes back to find he is merely a security officer? That isn't right. Masters felt even more ill towards this Commander Brown. He felt the job should have been his if Reece wasn't here, but now that Reece is here, it really should be his. He felt tempted to lodge a complaint with Starfleet, but he would let things play out a bit first before he took action.

Reece looked over. The door was Cortez's office. No, it was Clarke's office.

"Ahhh." He said, giving a weak smile. "Can't just walk in there anymore. I'll wait till he's out." He gave a little chuckle.

He leant against the back wall beside the console. He wasn't on a duty roster yet, so he couldn't get on the console. Hell, he shouldn't even be on the bridge, but he doubted they'd care much.

After a few seconds he sighed, "I'm no empath, but even I can tell you're confused. Or constipated. But I'll go with confused."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Offline Taras Cadenza

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: February 26, 2012, 04:39:06 pm »

"Ahhh." He said, giving a weak smile. "Can't just walk in there anymore. I'll wait till he's out." He gave a little chuckle.

He leant against the back wall beside the console. He wasn't on a duty roster yet, so he couldn't get on the console. Hell, he shouldn't even be on the bridge, but he doubted they'd care much.

After a few seconds he sighed, "I'm no empath, but even I can tell you're confused. Or constipated. But I'll go with confused."

Okay, this is DEFINATELY a dream. What in the name of Vulcan is HE doing here? thought Taras as he laid eyes on the crewmember once thought to be gone.

"Reece- I, mean, Lt. Thompson!" he gasped out, resisting the temptation to grab the officer's hand. "Great to see you back! And I mean very great."

With a small laugh to himself, and a half-smile on his young-ish face, he followed up with, "At the risk of stating a stupid question... what are you doing here?"

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Deceased/Retired
  • Honoured Member
  • Airlocking Dylan.
  • Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: February 26, 2012, 05:05:04 pm »

The dull blaring siren forced Zuriel's eyes open, that sound could mean only one thing, something he would always learn to fear and hate, it was time to wake up. Sitting up in his bed he rubbed his eyes, pulling the hair out of his face he looked around his dim room. he could not understand it, why was that alarm set, he did not have a shift today, shrugging it off and blaming it on habit  rose out of his bed, made his way to his bathroom, here he enjoyed a relaxing shower  before putting on his civilian attire.  There wasn't much to do on the ship, so he planned on taking a stroll around the starbase, there he would be much more comfortable, as he spent most of his carrier on one.

"Computer Do I have any prior engagement today?" Zuriel asked  curious, but hoping he had a clean slate, as he waited for the answer he tied his hair so that it was in regulation. " No, All shifts accounted for, but you do have a monthly exam  in sickbay, it is possible to push it up."

"No that wont be necessary, Ill go there myself, they shouldn't have too much work considering we are in spacedock." Zuriel said rolling his eyes, grabbing his boots he exited his room and made his way to the turbo lift. "Deck five please." Zuriel closed his eyes completely disgusted with the idea of going to sickbay for no reason, he had always had a bad taste in his moth since he joined starfleet and his first chief medical officer  look a liking to studying him, claiming that  Zuriel could be the key to the fountain of youth, never listening  when Zuriel told him that his people  could and did die. Once off the turbo lift Zuriel walked proudly as if he was going to get over his fear once and for all, and he proudly walked right past the sickbay hatch, Finding himself in front of holodeck two. "Computer what program is running right now?" in just a few seconds and beeps Zuriel had his answer, "Current program is Robin Hood."

"Who is present on the holodeck at this time?"

" Ensign T'ra Jones Science Officer."

"Is said program Locked? If not give me a rundown on the programs premise."

"Program is currently open, Robin hood....Earth English folklore. Robin hood and his merry men, are one of the most famous stories ever to come out of medieval England, a majority if not are tell the stories of Robin hood and his band of outlaws who patrolled  Sherwood forest stealing from the rich and giving to the poor."

Zuriel  was immediately interested in the program, He did not know much about humans and there past other than it was a bit more violent than that of other races, he looked at this as a chance to live out some good fun and learn at the same time. "Computer prepare me appropriate clothing , and I'm assuming  weapons." Zuriel grabbed his new outfit and made his way to a empty office to quickly change. Off the bat Zuriel was a bit uncomfortable with the snuggness of  the costume, particularly in the crouch area. "Computer, who will I be playing?"

"Arthur a Bland, bests Robin in the Ballad 'Robin Hood and the tanner." his only appearance, it is implied that he joined the merry men after the encounter.
besides being a capable archer he preferred two short swords in close  combat, a match to your combat profile."

Zuriel was excited he proudly passed  people as he made his way back to the holodeck, "Computer I'm ready to enter the program." The hatch opened and Zuriel stepped in,  in front of him were three men on horseback with on dark grey horse waiting for him. "Computer who are these men?"

"Part of your current forest patrol, they await you to lead them back to the encampment, to meet Robin of the hood."

"Ahh Arthur, I see that boar got the best of you? we might as well be off, don't want to get caught  to far away before sunrise."

Zuriel had only ridden a horse  one  or twice during his time in the academy, but  taking in the entirety of the story he found new courage in himself. "well lets us be off..." Zureil climbed onto his horse, his excitement was only interrupted by a young boy running out of the greenwood. "Arthur! Arthur! King John has sent his men into the Greenwood, someone  they look for Robin, they well be on him in a matter of moments." Zuriel held a hand out for the boy, and pulled him onto the horse, he led his small detail  speeding into the greenwood  to aid his good friend Robin.

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

ThomasRiker

« Reply #44 on: February 26, 2012, 05:09:35 pm »

Masters smiled at the man's joke. It was good having him back, he just didn't know how things would turn out. "So are you the department head again?" Hr asked eagerly already knowing the answer wouldn't be good
« Last Edit: February 26, 2012, 05:12:22 pm by Tobias Masters »

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles