Season 7, Mission 09: Phantoms

Started by Scott Bradley, February 04, 2012, 11:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Brown

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on February 09, 2012, 08:36:58 PM

"Thank you Brown, but no, I will try to make your party...but there are some things I have to do first." She said looking back down at the PADD on her desk.

"It will be fun Commander; If you need me I be around Starbase for the next 12 Hours; or you can come to my residence;"Finished John a

Michael Ferdinand

Her laptop was beeping. It was beeping so loud that she could hear it from her particular position in sickbay. Running to it, she found that it was requesting permission to transmit something.

"Authorization code Meadows Delta-023-Beta-Alpha." she confirmed. The Federation symbol was replaced with a series of articles that were being downloaded on the spot. She didn't understand what was happening, but skimmed through them anyway. After several moments with only two articles, she understood.

Stu'nal had been released. He had been released after killing Alyssa's mother. The hot flash of anger passed through Alyssa's system. How could they allow him to ever walk the face of the Earth again? How could they allow a murderer to live while a mother was dead?

Follow the impulses.... The voices whispered to her in their cryptic tone. Only then will you be able to understand.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Scott Bradley

Scott left his ready room at the announcement they had docked with the starbase. He didn't bother packing as everything was ready to ship in his quarters, he had only to give the word. He looked out at the bridge, the lighting was dimmer and there was only a skeleton crew onboard overseeing ship operations while everyone else got some leave. He walked around all the consoles, running his hands along the end of them. He had seen it all on this ship. But it felt like he was reading the last few chapters of a good book, and now he was turning the final page. knocking his fist against the rail just behind his chair, he spoke in a hushed tone.

" Goodbye old girl. "

With that said, he turned and entered the turbolift, heading for the transporter room. Within a few moments he had arrived and walked briskly through the corridors, before entering the transporter room, seeing Chief Greegy waiting.

" So, ready to do  this Shelaf? "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 10, 2012, 01:32:09 PM

Scott left his ready room at the announcement they had docked with the starbase. He didn't bother packing as everything was ready to ship in his quarters, he had only to give the word. He looked out at the bridge, the lighting was dimmer and there was only a skeleton crew onboard overseeing ship operations while everyone else got some leave. He walked around all the consoles, running his hands along the end of them. He had seen it all on this ship. But it felt like he was reading the last few chapters of a good book, and now he was turning the final page. knocking his fist against the rail just behind his chair, he spoke in a hushed tone.

" Goodbye old girl. "

With that said, he turned and entered the turbolift, heading for the transporter room. Within a few moments he had arrived and walked briskly through the corridors, before entering the transporter room, seeing Chief Greegy waiting.

" So, ready to do  this Shelaf? "

Shelaf grinned at Scott.

"Totally." He said, stepping up to the pad, bag over shoulder.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 10, 2012, 01:59:17 PM

Shelaf grinned at Scott.

"Totally." He said, stepping up to the pad, bag over shoulder.

As the two men stood on the pad, Scott turned his head slightly.

" Seriously though, you don't have to do this. I can take everything they want to throw at us and you can escape it. "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 10, 2012, 03:04:45 PM

As the two men stood on the pad, Scott turned his head slightly.

" Seriously though, you don't have to do this. I can take everything they want to throw at us and you can escape it. "

Shelaf glanced at Scott.

"Y'know, we used to hate each other. I was the romulan outsider and you were the stuck up commander. But I will say here and know: there is no one I'd rather stand with than you, sir." He paused and glanced at the floor, then looked back up at Scott. "Lets do this."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 10, 2012, 03:07:17 PM

Shelaf glanced at Scott.

"Y'know, we used to hate each other. I was the romulan outsider and you were the stuck up commander. But I will say here and know: there is no one I'd rather stand with than you, sir." He paused and glanced at the floor, then looked back up at Scott. "Lets do this."

Scott laughed.

" Those where the days huh? Energise "

The two men began to disappear in a haze of blue light. Within seconds they had appeared in the main reception of Starfleet Headquarters in San Francisco. Scott quickly looked around, noting the golden uniforms of security personnel. There where a couple of other people around but it was very quiet for this time of day.

" Well, not much of a welcoming committee is it? "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 10, 2012, 03:11:48 PM

Scott laughed.

" Those where the days huh? Energise "

The two men began to disappear in a haze of blue light. Within seconds they had appeared in the main reception of Starfleet Headquarters in San Francisco. Scott quickly looked around, noting the golden uniforms of security personnel. There where a couple of other people around but it was very quiet for this time of day.

" Well, not much of a welcoming committee is it? "

"For us mortals? Did you expect one?" Shelaf asked. "Uh... where are we going now?" Starfleet command was huge, and Shelaf didn't have a clue were to go.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 10, 2012, 03:16:01 PM

"For us mortals? Did you expect one?" Shelaf asked. "Uh... where are we going now?" Starfleet command was huge, and Shelaf didn't have a clue were to go.

" Well, it beats being met with chains I. We're under orders to report to the commandants office. There I'll be debriefed. Its this way. "

Scott started walking towards a large corridor leading to the east of the main building. outside it was a lovely day, a good juxtaposition for the mood inside Starfleet headquarters. Scott tried to put shelaf at ease, but the tension was palpable.

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 10, 2012, 03:25:01 PM

" Well, it beats being met with chains I. We're under orders to report to the commandants office. There I'll be debriefed. Its this way. "

Scott started walking towards a large corridor leading to the east of the main building. outside it was a lovely day, a good juxtaposition for the mood inside Starfleet headquarters. Scott tried to put shelaf at ease, but the tension was palpable.

Shelaf was on full alert, darting glances at everyone who walked past, just in case. Scott was trying to show relaxation, but the subtle signs of his body indicated he was just as jumpy.

"I suppose i'll have to wait outside?"
He asked.

Riley T. Munro

The ship was quiet, no humming, no beeping, nothing... Seemed so peaceful and horrifying at the same time. She still sat in her ready room, hoping that Scott would walk in with news of a change of mind. But nothing, he did not come. The lights in her ready room went dim, not even the computer cared for her plight. It was just her here. Who would they send as a replacement? Would they be even the slight bit interested in how the crew was now going to be feeling? She felt this urge to be angry, like she wouldn't serve under anyone else, she only took this demotion to serve with Scott... he was discrediting all the work she had done with stepping down with no reason or word as to why.

"I am so angry with you Scott Bradley." She started out loud to seemingly no one. "You keep leaving me..." she finished, mostly. She was thinking far more but the words just wouldn't come, they wouldn't form.

In a fit of anger and rage she pushed the contents of her desk to the floor, throwing it to a play of unorganization on the ground around her desk. There on the shelf, a picture of her and Scott at training on Earth, before her days in space, she had just found him again, they looked so good, so happy. Picking up the picture to hold it, to feel its tangibleness, she stared at it long and hard before forcefully throwing it at the porthole overlooking Earth. The clang it made against the glass half startled her, and she knew it was time to go.

Walking out of her ready room she went to the transporter. Leaving the ship for her was easy, there was no Scott on it.

John Brown

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on February 10, 2012, 03:54:15 PM

The ship was quiet, no humming, no beeping, nothing... Seemed so peaceful and horrifying at the same time. She still sat in her ready room, hoping that Scott would walk in with news of a change of mind. But nothing, he did not come. The lights in her ready room went dim, not even the computer cared for her plight. It was just her here. Who would they send as a replacement? Would they be even the slight bit interested in how the crew was now going to be feeling? She felt this urge to be angry, like she wouldn't serve under anyone else, she only took this demotion to serve with Scott... he was discrediting all the work she had done with stepping down with no reason or word as to why.

"I am so angry with you Scott Bradley." She started out loud to seemingly no one. "You keep leaving me..." she finished, mostly. She was thinking far more but the words just wouldn't come, they wouldn't form.

In a fit of anger and rage she pushed the contents of her desk to the floor, throwing it to a play of unorganization on the ground around her desk. There on the shelf, a picture of her and Scott at training on Earth, before her days in space, she had just found him again, they looked so good, so happy. Picking up the picture to hold it, to feel its tangibleness, she stared at it long and hard before forcefully throwing it at the porthole overlooking Earth. The clang it made against the glass half startled her, and she knew it was time to go.

Walking out of her ready room she went to the transporter. Leaving the ship for her was easy, there was no Scott on it.

*John walked the halls of the Discovery it was slient like all the voices have left he headed towards Engineering the heart of the Discovery in his mind John thought of the last Five Years he has Served on the Discovery8

"Thanks for Bringing us Home" Siad John

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 10, 2012, 03:43:16 PM

Shelaf was on full alert, darting glances at everyone who walked past, just in case. Scott was trying to show relaxation, but the subtle signs of his body indicated he was just as jumpy.

"I suppose i'll have to wait outside?"
He asked.

" You can come in. I have the right to a witness in there with me. Besides, I could use the backup. "

Entering the commandants office, Scott did not see the person he was expecting, in front of him sat Admiral Kawolsky.

" John? What the hell are you doing here? "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 10, 2012, 06:20:02 PM

" You can come in. I have the right to a witness in there with me. Besides, I could use the backup. "

Entering the commandants office, Scott did not see the person he was expecting, in front of him sat Admiral Kawolsky.

Shelaf stepped into the office, took a look at the man behind the desk, stepped out, looked at the sign on the door, then stepped back in.

"Ok, what on Earth is going on here?" He asked.

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 10, 2012, 06:20:02 PM

Kawolsky, seated comfortably behind the desk, leaned forward to address Bradley.

"Commander, it's good to see you. Ever since our last conversation, I have been worried you would do something...rash."

Standing, Kawolsky swept a hand through the air in gesture for him to sit in one of the chairs opposite.

"Please, sit"  he said, now acknowledging Greegy's presence with a swift look over Bradley's shoulder.   "If you'll excuse us, Chief? We have something of a...personal nature to discuss."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.