Author Topic: Season 7, Mission 09: Phantoms  (Read 54579 times)

John Brown

Re: Season 7, Mission 09: Phantoms
« Reply #30 on: February 07, 2012, 07:59:24 pm »

Scott turned to face shelaf

" I was hoping to give you a bit of protection by keeping you on the ship. No need for both of us to get hung out to dry. But I can see I won't be able to change your mind. So be ready to transport down in one hour. I wan't to do a personal check of the Old girl before I beam down.

Scott then turned to address Riley.

" Of course. Ready room. You have the bridge Commander Brown. "

With that said, Scott walked ot his ready room with Riley close behind him. They quickly entered the room, and Scott folded his arms, waiting for Ro to speak.

"Understood Commander" Replied John taking the Command Chair

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: February 07, 2012, 08:03:51 pm »

Scott turned to face shelaf

" I was hoping to give you a bit of protection by keeping you on the ship. No need for both of us to get hung out to dry. But I can see I won't be able to change your mind. So be ready to transport down in one hour. I wan't to do a personal check of the Old girl before I beam down.

Scott then turned to address Riley.

" Of course. Ready room. You have the bridge Commander Brown. "

With that said, Scott walked ot his ready room with Riley close behind him. They quickly entered the room, and Scott folded his arms, waiting for Ro to speak.

"Do you have any intention on letting your executive officer in on what in the hell is going on?" She said, losing control of her frustrations.

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #32 on: February 07, 2012, 08:21:27 pm »
Harriman not paying no never mind to what was happening with the Co & Xo walked to the tatical station to go over weapons.

Then he looked at Com.Brown

"Sir. is there anything you need me to do."

John Brown

« Reply #33 on: February 07, 2012, 08:29:53 pm »
Harriman not paying no never mind to what was happening with the Co & Xo walked to the tatical station to go over weapons.

Then he looked at Com.Brown

"Sir. is there anything you need me to do."

"Give a rundown of Secondary Targeting computer"Replied John
« Last Edit: February 07, 2012, 08:37:07 pm by Riley T. Munro »

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 07:56:24 am »
"Give a rundown of Secondary Targeting computer"Replied John

"Yes Sir. Already on it."

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Flight Control Officer, USS Challenger
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: February 08, 2012, 02:26:23 pm »
"Do you have any intention on letting your executive officer in on what in the hell is going on?" She said, losing control of her frustrations.

Scott sat on one of the chairs, letting out a weary sigh. He had rehearsed how he was going to break this to her. He had prepared a long speech, mostly to convince himself rather than anyone else, but he decided to speak from his heart.

" Because, I just can't do it anymore Ro. The constant pressure, knowing every move is analysed and debated. Hell half the time I don't know if im going to get a knife in the back walking through my own ship.

It's too much. I never wanted a command of my own, It was me and Kawolsky, I was the XO, that was the agreement. I was never suited to running things by myself. "

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: February 08, 2012, 02:32:08 pm »
Scott sat on one of the chairs, letting out a weary sigh. He had rehearsed how he was going to break this to her. He had prepared a long speech, mostly to convince himself rather than anyone else, but he decided to speak from his heart.

" Because, I just can't do it anymore Ro. The constant pressure, knowing every move is analysed and debated. Hell half the time I don't know if im going to get a knife in the back walking through my own ship.

It's too much. I never wanted a command of my own, It was me and Kawolsky, I was the XO, that was the agreement. I was never suited to running things by myself. "

"You're giving up. That's what I hear. Scott, if you give up, after everything you have gone through, where am I supposed to take my strength from? I need to believe that people can overcome. Can you not hear yourself? Maybe your Vulcan side sees it as logical, but what happened to your humanity?" She urged as his first officer and his "whatever she was".
« Last Edit: February 08, 2012, 02:36:04 pm by Riley T. Munro »

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Flight Control Officer, USS Challenger
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: February 08, 2012, 02:48:10 pm »
"You're giving up. That's what I hear. Scott, if you give up, after everything you have gone through, where am I supposed to take my strength from? I need to believe that people can overcome. Can you not hear yourself? Maybe your Vulcan side sees it as logical, but what happened to your humanity?" She urged as his first officer and his "whatever she was".

Scott let out a dry laugh.

" I'm not giving up. Starfleets changed Ro. Something has changed with them and there never going to forget whose an Iconian and who isn't. I can't serve them knowing that at some point there going to undermine me or worse.

As for my humanity? it's all words. Vulcan....Human....Iconian. I can't deal with it anymore.  " 

John Brown

« Reply #38 on: February 08, 2012, 02:53:28 pm »
"Yes Sir. Already on it."

"Good Work Crewman" Replied John as he looked at Alan he Smiled "Its good to have you back flying the ship again Alan" Finished John

*John sat back in the Center chair of the Discovery he hoped one day he would get a chance at the Chair*

Offline Alan Christopher

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Chief Helm Officer, USS Discovery
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the B.O.R.G. Featured Mission:  The First Battle with the Borg: USS Valour Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: February 08, 2012, 02:58:00 pm »
"Good Work Crewman" Replied John as he looked at Alan he Smiled "Its good to have you back flying the ship again Alan" Finished John

*John sat back in the Center chair of the Discovery he hoped one day he would get a chance at the Chair*

Alan turned back around

" I know, I've missed this bucket. The Churchill is a nice ship, but the Discovery is my home. Feels right to be back  here. "

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: February 08, 2012, 03:13:05 pm »
Scott let out a dry laugh.

" I'm not giving up. Starfleets changed Ro. Something has changed with them and there never going to forget whose an Iconian and who isn't. I can't serve them knowing that at some point there going to undermine me or worse.

As for my humanity? it's all words. Vulcan....Human....Iconian. I can't deal with it anymore.  " 

"Well for what it's worth, I would never undermine you, and I would follow you to the end of the Galaxy, Iconian or Vulcan. To the end of the Galaxy Scott." She said very calmly but powerful and heartfelt.

She stood up and looked him in the eye before wiping her face removing the one tear the rolled down her face. Tugging on her uniform she walked out leaving Scott there alone.

John Brown

« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2012, 03:20:21 pm »
"Well for what it's worth, I would never undermine you, and I would follow you to the end of the Galaxy, Iconian or Vulcan. To the end of the Galaxy Scott." She said very calmly but powerful and heartfelt.

She stood up and looked him in the eye before wiping her face removing the one tear the rolled down her face. Tugging on her uniform she walked out leaving Scott there alone.

*John looked over as the Commander left the ready room he stood up to give her the chair he looked at her for a while he hated that Scott was leaving he wished he could change things to let him stay*

Gabe Crouch

« Reply #42 on: February 08, 2012, 06:04:32 pm »

Harriman looked at the Commander and new he had impressed him and he no that was good. So he went back to work check all weapons. 

John Brown

« Reply #43 on: February 09, 2012, 10:24:26 am »
Harriman looked at the Commander and new he had impressed him and he no that was good. So he went back to work check all weapons. 

*John walks around to the back of the Bridge and stopped at the tactical station*

"Crewman; let's take a look at what you got "Replied John as he looked at the readings and looked over the weapon and shield status readings; John looked at the view screen watching the stars he knew himself that this will be the longest journey  John has ever had on the Discovery

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: February 09, 2012, 02:10:03 pm »
*John walks around to the back of the Bridge and stopped at the tactical station*

"Crewman; let's take a look at what you got "Replied John as he looked at the readings and looked over the weapon and shield status readings; John looked at the view screen watching the stars he knew himself that this will be the longest journey  John has ever had on the Discovery

Bradley still in his ready room, she took the command chair and stared out at the vast stars on the viewscreen. She wanted this all to be over, which became increasingly noticeable with her next inquiry.

"How long until we reach Earth, Brown? Just get us home John." She said with utter emotionless tone standing up again and walking away almost seeming lost.

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles