Author Topic: Season 7, Mission 09: Phantoms  (Read 54883 times)

Offline Lee Armstrong

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Chief Science Officer, USS Discovery
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the B.O.R.G. Featured Mission:  The First Battle with the Borg: USS Valour Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 7, Mission 09: Phantoms
« Reply #195 on: March 02, 2012, 02:45:22 pm »

Scott turned around to lee, who was still scanning.

"Anything? "

" Nothing yet sir. "

Lee was still desperately fighting against whatever was causing the sensor disruption. He was boosting power and tweaking sensor sweeps. Eventually he managed to get some readings.

" On screen sir, Jupiter station. "

The screen switched to a fuzzy image of jupiter station, the shape of the station unmistakeable. There appeared to be some power fluctuations coming from it, but nothing out of the ordinary.

" She seems to be ok sir. "

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Flight Control Officer, USS Challenger
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #196 on: March 02, 2012, 02:47:23 pm »
" Nothing yet sir. "

Lee was still desperately fighting against whatever was causing the sensor disruption. He was boosting power and tweaking sensor sweeps. Eventually he managed to get some readings.

" On screen sir, Jupiter station. "

The screen switched to a fuzzy image of jupiter station, the shape of the station unmistakeable. There appeared to be some power fluctuations coming from it, but nothing out of the ordinary.

" She seems to be ok sir. "

Rather than make his sense of tension drop, this news only agitated Scott further. He clenched his left fist, desperately trying to find a reason for the distress call.

" Shelaf open a channel, I want to speak to the CO over there. Commander Munro take us to within 50KM of the station, instruct the task force to remain here. "

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #197 on: March 02, 2012, 02:52:21 pm »

Rather than make his sense of tension drop, this news only agitated Scott further. He clenched his left fist, desperately trying to find a reason for the distress call.

" Shelaf open a channel, I want to speak to the CO over there. Commander Munro take us to within 50KM of the station, instruct the task force to remain here. "
"Aye sir." Shelaf replied. He quickly hit the controls. "Channel open."

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Napalm, Necromancy, and Nanomachines
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #198 on: March 02, 2012, 02:54:33 pm »

"Aye sir, taking us to 50KM of the station." She replied as she carried out the command.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
  • Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #199 on: March 02, 2012, 03:03:22 pm »
"Aye sir." Shelaf replied. He quickly hit the controls. "Channel open."

" This is commander Scott Bradley of the U.S.S Discovery. We're here to answer your distress call. "

There was no answer. A moment later the reply came on audio.

Discovery, this is Jupiter station, we have no record of sending a distress call. We've been having some mild power fluctuations but nothing major.

" Anything you might need a hand with? "

No sir, our engineers are on it. Thanks for the offer, sorry you all had to come out here for nothing.

Scott placed his hands on his hips, this was damn peculiar.

" Very well Jupiter station, The Discovery is going to remain here for a while, we'll be taking some scans of the surrounding area. If you need anything contact us. Bradley out. "

With the exchange over, Scott paced around the bridge, before walking in front of the view screen, and facing his crew. He rubbed  his forehead, he could feel a migraine coming on.

" Does someone want to tell me what the hell is going on here today? "

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #200 on: March 02, 2012, 03:06:14 pm »
" This is commander Scott Bradley of the U.S.S Discovery. We're here to answer your distress call. "

There was no answer. A moment later the reply came on audio.

Discovery, this is Jupiter station, we have no record of sending a distress call. We've been having some mild power fluctuations but nothing major.

" Anything you might need a hand with? "

No sir, our engineers are on it. Thanks for the offer, sorry you all had to come out here for nothing.

Scott placed his hands on his hips, this was damn peculiar.

" Very well Jupiter station, The Discovery is going to remain here for a while, we'll be taking some scans of the surrounding area. If you need anything contact us. Bradley out. "

With the exchange over, Scott paced around the bridge, before walking in front of the view screen, and facing his crew. He rubbed  his forehead, he could feel a migraine coming on.

Shelaf glared at the shape of jupiter station on the viewscreen. "Could we get a closer look at those power fluctuations?"  Shelaf asked.

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in May 2013. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #201 on: March 02, 2012, 03:16:26 pm »

"The hell if I know Scott." She said out loud dropping all sense of rank.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #202 on: March 02, 2012, 06:04:55 pm »
Shelaf glared at the shape of jupiter station on the viewscreen. "Could we get a closer look at those power fluctuations?"  Shelaf asked.

" I think that's a good place to start. Let's see what we can find. Send an order to the task force, they can head back to earth.  "

"The hell if I know Scott." She said out loud dropping all sense of rank.

" It doesn't make sense. We where just about to investigate the phantoms, and then we get orders to leave Earth? Tell me that's a coincidence. "

Offline Riley T. Munro

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Veteran Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #203 on: March 02, 2012, 06:14:33 pm »
" It doesn't make sense. We where just about to investigate the phantoms, and then we get orders to leave Earth? Tell me that's a coincidence. "

"Do you want me to lie to you?" She said sarcastically.

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #204 on: March 02, 2012, 06:21:18 pm »
"Do you want me to lie to you?" She said sarcastically.
"If it makes me feel any better, then yes." Shelaf interrupted, smiling.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #205 on: March 02, 2012, 06:38:34 pm »
"If it makes me feel any better, then yes." Shelaf interrupted, smiling.

Scott let out a chuckle.

" Well, for now lets just stick to the facts. Lee, get scanning. "

Offline Lee Armstrong

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Chief Science Officer, USS Discovery
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the B.O.R.G. Featured Mission:  The First Battle with the Borg: USS Valour Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #206 on: March 04, 2012, 01:52:32 pm »
Scott let out a chuckle.

" Well, for now lets just stick to the facts. Lee, get scanning. "

"Still not finding much sir. It'll take around half an hour to get a complete scan. "

Lee began his work, with all the interference getting anything from the sensors would be hard. He noted that the task force was making its way back to Earth, as he started the sweep.

The scan progressed as he expected, and after 25 minutes or so he finally found something.

" Captain, those power fluctuations? I think they where caused by this strange reading I keep picking up. "

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #207 on: March 04, 2012, 04:18:28 pm »

"Still not finding much sir. It'll take around half an hour to get a complete scan. "

Lee began his work, with all the interference getting anything from the sensors would be hard. He noted that the task force was making its way back to Earth, as he started the sweep.

The scan progressed as he expected, and after 25 minutes or so he finally found something.

" Captain, those power fluctuations? I think they where caused by this strange reading I keep picking up. "

Scott took a quick step over to the science console, leaning over he looked at the readings.

" These readings, the signature looks familiar. I can't quite remember where from though. Lee, pull up all documented scans of the phantoms, and cross reference them with this new reading you have. "

Lee's hands moved quicker than Scott could see, blurring away as he checked the database. The results came back up, and there it was. They where a dead match.

" So, the phantoms appearances happen at the exact same time as these new disturbances. "

Scott looked over to Shelaf who was at tactical.

" This is all getting a little too convenient, wouldn't you say? "

Shelaf Greegy

« Reply #208 on: March 04, 2012, 04:19:46 pm »
Scott took a quick step over to the science console, leaning over he looked at the readings.

" These readings, the signature looks familiar. I can't quite remember where from though. Lee, pull up all documented scans of the phantoms, and cross reference them with this new reading you have. "

Lee's hands moved quicker than Scott could see, blurring away as he checked the database. The results came back up, and there it was. They where a dead match.

" So, the phantoms appearances happen at the exact same time as these new disturbances. "

Scott looked over to Shelaf who was at tactical.

" This is all getting a little too convenient, wouldn't you say? "
Shelaf nodded. "Definitely. Should I charge weapons?" Shelaf asked.

Offline Scott Bradley

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Honoured Member
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #209 on: March 04, 2012, 05:37:32 pm »
Shelaf nodded. "Definitely. Should I charge weapons?" Shelaf asked.

" Not until we're sure. "

Scott then looked back at the science console, and then it hit him. Like a proverbial ton of bricks it hit him. He had seen that reading before, almost 6 months ago he had seen those exact readings. He froze with terror, a single bead of sweat escaping down his forehead. This lasted but a moment, and he exploded into action, his voice changing to a commanding tone.

" Red Alert. Shelaf get all tactical systems up and running. "

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles