Season 7, Mission 09: Phantoms

Started by Scott Bradley, February 04, 2012, 11:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Brown

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on February 05, 2012, 03:59:47 PM

The morning rounds she had originally insisted on doing had really become a bother, walking around the ship, checking in with the crew. It seemed so much more personal to see them face to face than to hit a badge or read it over some lifeless pad... turn of the matter was, she was trying to avoid the bridge this morning. What would she say, or do. Would she honestly be able to look him in the eyes? She came here to find a home, a family, a good sturdy ship and now, it seems it had been riddled with nothing but chaos and confusion. First Kawolsky and now Bradley. Although the first was to be expected, and the latter was just down right weird. Starfleet was their life, and it seems that now only one of them had any intention on continuing that life.

"Bridge." She announced after stepping into the turbolift on her approach to the source of all her unease.

The turbolift whined and hummed as it made it's way to her undesirable location. Stepping out of the lift and onto the bridge, she was half tempted to go straight to her ready room but no, she took her seat nodding at everyone on the bridge. In the process she made eye contact with Scott. She was sure he could see it written in her face, but there was no hiding that now.

*John Looked Over seeing the First Officer enter the Bridge*

"Good Morning Commander; Seeing you hav'nt been part of the crew long you might know this but when the Discovery would pull into Earth which is not very offen the Senior Staff normal comes to my House on Earth for a BBQ and R and R; I got a lot of things on my Estate thats what I get for having it be handing down though the Generations of Browns all the Way back to 2000's.So Commander it will be my honnor to have you as my guest at the Senior Staff BBQ" Finished John

"Second Round on me"Yelled John to Scott

Michael Ferdinand

She could hear their whispers. They were faint, yet she could still distinguish them out of the chatter she was having with a crewmember as she scanned him with her tricorder. Their ominous tone made the hairs on the back of her hand begin to stand as she tried to ignore it to the best of her ability.

"Your scapula is sprained." Alyssa said. "How exactly did you sprain it?"

The history that you thought you escaped is about to reappear.

The young crewman looked glumly at her as he tried to think of what he did, or atleast, how to rephrase it so that he wouldn't be embarressed. "Well," he began, "see, what had happened was... umm..."

Alyssa cut him off. "Save it. I'll get right on it."

Moving to the side of the room to grab the bone-knitting laser, the voices continued.

Your ultimate downfall is approaching. You will not be able to stop us

"Shut up." Alyssa muttered to herself as she walked back to crewman and began the procedure.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Trisha Xoran

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on February 06, 2012, 12:20:31 PM

"Shut up." Alyssa muttered to herself as she walked back to crewman and began the procedure.

Trisha, having just gotten up and had a quick cup of coffee, had walked in when she heard Alyssa telling nothing to "shut up". Occasions such as this had been happening off and on over the past few days, yet as each day passed, they were increasing in frequency.

Worry filled Trisha as thoughts of what could be happening to Alyssa kept going through her head. Something wasn't right, yet she had no idea what it was.

You need to talk to the Captain about this Xoran sent her in the electromagnetic link that they shared.

"Yeah, but I'm worried they might do something to her." she replied.

It's for her own good. She could be a danger to the crew.

"I'll give her a little time. If she get's any worst, or keeps this up for long, then I will report it, though I much rather have her report it herself."

With that being said, she checked in with Doctor Meadows and went to work.

Scott Bradley

Scott turned to face Riley as she sat at her seat. She was buried in her work and working with padd.

" Morning Commander. How's the crew doing? "

Riley T. Munro

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 06, 2012, 02:16:48 PM

Scott turned to face Riley as she sat at her seat. She was buried in her work and working with padd.

" Morning Commander. How's the crew doing? "

"They are fine." She stated pointedly not taking her eyes off the PADD. She was really in no mood for chit chat. Seems Scott wasn't even going to try to explain what he was thinking, so she decided not to extend a similar courtesy.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Riley T. Munro on February 06, 2012, 02:20:53 PM

"They are fine." She stated pointedly not taking her eyes off the PADD. She was really in no mood for chit chat. Seems Scott wasn't even going to try to explain what he was thinking, so she decided not to extend a similar courtesy.

Scott wasn't surprised with Riley's abruptness. He had sprung this decision on her and he could understand her reaction. Perhaps it would be better to stay out of her way for a while. Scott stood up and took a walk over to the Science station, where Lee was busy. Scott leaned over the console, and spoke to the younger man.

" So, where's our new helm officer? First day back and he's going to be late for his shift. "

Lee Armstrong

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 06, 2012, 02:28:43 PM

Scott wasn't surprised with Riley's abruptness. He had sprung this decision on her and he could understand her reaction. Perhaps it would be better to stay out of her way for a while. Scott stood up and took a walk over to the Science station, where Lee was busy. Scott leaned over the console, and spoke to the younger man.

" So, where's our new helm officer? First day back and he's going to be late for his shift. "

Lee couldn't help but laugh.

" You know Alan. The guy's an amazing pilot, but a lousy timekeeper sir. I think he'll be here soon, wouldn't want to miss your last cruise now would he? "

John Brown

Quote from: Lee Armstrong on February 06, 2012, 02:49:24 PM

Lee couldn't help but laugh.

" You know Alan. The guy's an amazing pilot, but a lousy timekeeper sir. I think he'll be here soon, wouldn't want to miss your last cruise now would he? "

*John worked onthe tatical station going over all weapons systems before going into port*

==^==Brown to Crewman Harriman Report to the Bridge==^==

"The works never done"Said John to himself

Gabe Crouch

*John worked onthe tatical station going over all weapons systems before going into port*

==^==Brown to Crewman Harriman Report to the Bridge==^==

"The works never done"Said John to himself

=/\=  On my way Sir =/\=
So Harriman went to the turbolift  when in he said "Bridge"

When he got to the bridge and walked to Lt.Com. Brown and said "Yes Sir"

Alan Christopher

Alan entered the bridge from the aft turbolift, his pace noticeably quicker than usual.

" Sorry I'm late sir, I think I must still be on Churchill time. "

He took his seat at the helm console for the first time since he returned. He took a moment to take this all in. it was good to be home. He pulled up the course projection and reviewed the engine systems and flight control before spinning his chair around.

" Eta to sol system is 15 minutes sir. "

John Brown

Quote from: John Harriman on February 06, 2012, 07:19:50 PM

=/\=  On my way Sir =/\=
So Harriman went to the turbolift  when in he said "Bridge"

When he got to the bridge and walked to Lt.Com. Brown and said "Yes Sir"

*John turned towards the new crewman then smiled*

"Welcome to the Discovery; what I would like you to do is work with the Cheif on Secuitey and learn from him" Said John turning "If you don'nt mind taking somone under your wing?" asked John

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: John Brown on February 07, 2012, 02:54:52 PM

"Welcome to the Discovery; what I would like you to do is work with the Cheif on Secuitey and learn from him" Said John turning "If you don'nt mind taking somone under your wing?" asked John

Shelaf glared at John. He had expected shore leave, not looking after one of the new crewmen. It wasn't his job anyway, as John well knew.

"Actually sir, it's your job to train the new recruits. Put that smile and charm to good work, sir." Shelaf grinned. "Wouldn't want me teaching them the wrong end of a phaser or using you as target practice now, would we?" He joked. With that, he turned to Harriman. "If you have any problems, with anything else, however, come find me." He said seriously to the young man.

Turning, he strolled over to Scott and Riley.

"Scott." He started. "I was hoping to accompany you to Starfleet Command for your debrief. After the Inquisition, I don't feel comfortable about letting you go alone." He phrased it as a request, but he was going anyway, with one excuse or another, he would be in the building at the same time.

Riley T. Munro

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 07, 2012, 03:50:30 PM

Shelaf glared at John. He had expected shore leave, not looking after one of the new crewmen. It wasn't his job anyway, as John well knew.

"Actually sir, it's your job to train the new recruits. Put that smile and charm to good work, sir." Shelaf grinned. "Wouldn't want me teaching them the wrong end of a phaser or using you as target practice now, would we?" He joked. With that, he turned to Harriman. "If you have any problems, with anything else, however, come find me." He said seriously to the young man.

"Scott." He started. "I was hoping to accompany you to Starfleet Command for your debrief. After the Inquisition, I don't feel comfortable about letting you go alone." He phrased it as a request, but he was going anyway, with one excuse or another, he would be in the building at the same time.

"Mr. Greegy, I can assure you that Lt. Commander Brown knows full well the details outlined for his position. Would you care to scrub the plasma injectors today? Enough bickering, from both of you. If you find yourself with seemingly nothing to do, I suggest you go find something." She said sternly looking at the Master Chief, he was lucky she didn't take away the chair at his station... these long missions apparently made him cranky.

"Scott, a word?" She asked calmly of the Commander.

Gabe Crouch

Harriman looked at the commander and said "Thank you Sir. it is an honor."

He joked. With that, he turned to Harriman. "If you have any problems, with anything else, however, come find me." He said seriously to the young man.

Harriman walked to the Chief and said " I will sir and thank you."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 07, 2012, 03:50:30 PM

Scott turned to face shelaf

" I was hoping to give you a bit of protection by keeping you on the ship. No need for both of us to get hung out to dry. But I can see I won't be able to change your mind. So be ready to transport down in one hour. I wan't to do a personal check of the Old girl before I beam down.

Scott then turned to address Riley.
" Of course. Ready room. You have the bridge Commander Brown. "

With that said, Scott walked ot his ready room with Riley close behind him. They quickly entered the room, and Scott folded his arms, waiting for Ro to speak.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.