News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season 7, Mission 09: Phantoms

Started by Scott Bradley, February 04, 2012, 11:03:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Bradley

" Acting Captains log, January 26th, 2389.

The Discovery is on route back to earth to undergo some personnel transfers and to refit our stellar cartography lab. I have to say the mood on the ship has soured after the recent inquisition. Usually heading back to earth is cause for some celebration, but the mood is more apprehensive.
It's hard to think that this is going to be my last tour of duty on the Discovery, on any starship for that matter. I've been with this crew for over five years now, and this place has become more than my assignment, its become my home, and these people like family.
It's not going to be easy to say goodbye. "
Scott stood up from his chair, having finished his log it was time to throw on the uniform one last time. Once they arrived at earth he would approve the transfers and work roster, then he expected a quick and unceremonious debrief. He hated the idea of leaving the ship, but after recent events he couldn't stay.
Fastening his commbadge to his uniform, he took one final look in his mirror, before heading out of his quarters, and toward the bridge.

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 04, 2012, 11:03:22 AM

" Acting Captains log, January 26th, 2389.

The Discovery is on route back to earth to undergo some personnel transfers and to refit our stellar cartography lab. I have to say the mood on the ship has soured after the recent inquisition. Usually heading back to earth is cause for some celebration, but the mood is more apprehensive.
It's hard to think that this is going to be my last tour of duty on the Discovery, on any starship for that matter. I've been with this crew for over five years now, and this place has become more than my assignment, its become my home, and these people like family.
It's not going to be easy to say goodbye. "
Scott stood up from his chair, having finished his log it was time to throw on the uniform one last time. Once they arrived at earth he would approve the transfers and work roster, then he expected a quick and unceremonious debrief. He hated the idea of leaving the ship, but after recent events he couldn't stay.
Fastening his commbadge to his uniform, he took one final look in his mirror, before heading out of his quarters, and toward the bridge.

Shelaf sat on the bridge, drinking a warm mug of tea and reviewing a - rather boring - PADD. He looked up as Commander Bradley walked onto the bridge. Standing up, he walked over.

"Morning, sir. Not much happening, if i'm honest." He said, yawning.

John Brown

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 04, 2012, 02:49:37 PM

Shelaf sat on the bridge, drinking a warm mug of tea and reviewing a - rather boring - PADD. He looked up as Commander Bradley walked onto the bridge. Standing up, he walked over.

"Morning, sir. Not much happening, if i'm honest." He said, yawning.

*John was sitting at the Tactical Station going over a padd*

"Hey Cheif, you visiting Professor Larson while were on Earth" Finished John he looked over at Commander Bradley

"Everything's Clear Commander" Finished John

Gabe Crouch

John got up from his bed this is his first day on a starship. He walks over to his uniform and smiles he made it. He put on his uniform and clips on his Combadge.It was 08:00 time to start.
He thought to himself "Here I go on my first day."

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: John Brown on February 04, 2012, 04:28:02 PM

*John was sitting at the Tactical Station going over a padd*

"Hey Cheif, you visiting Professor Larson while were on Earth" Finished John he looked over at Commander Bradley

"Everything's Clear Commander" Finished John

"Oh, er, we'll see. It depends what she and I have time for. We've both got duties to attend to." He replied, sitting back down at his station and looking down at his console. He'd been missing Safi, even though he approved of her decision to move from the Discovery. If anything had happened, their daughter would've been growing up without parents, and he couldn't live with that.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 04, 2012, 07:20:31 PM

"Oh, er, we'll see. It depends what she and I have time for. We've both got duties to attend to." He replied, sitting back down at his station and looking down at his console. He'd been missing Safi, even though he approved of her decision to move from the Discovery. If anything had happened, their daughter would've been growing up without parents, and he couldn't live with that.

Scott took a padd that was handed to him by a passing crewman. He quickly scanned it before looking back up at the chief and Lieutenant Brown. Scott had missed Safi, she was one of the four Draynar Iconians. They had been to hell and back during the last days of the war. Scott, Safi, Alan Christopher and Julian Brack had all had to face there hidden lineage. Now only Scott was left onboard.

His isolation had been growing in the past few months, and he was glad to be leaving all that behind.

" So gentlemen, nothing to report? "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 04, 2012, 08:37:31 PM

Scott took a padd that was handed to him by a passing crewman. He quickly scanned it before looking back up at the chief and Lieutenant Brown. Scott had missed Safi, she was one of the four Draynar Iconians. They had been to hell and back during the last days of the war. Scott, Safi, Alan Christopher and Julian Brack had all had to face there hidden lineage. Now only Scott was left onboard.

His isolation had been growing in the past few months, and he was glad to be leaving all that behind.

" So gentlemen, nothing to report? "

Shelaf looked up at Scott. "No sir. Its been pretty quiet apparently." He smiled. "Pretty rare for the Discovery, I know."

John Brown

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 04, 2012, 07:20:31 PM

*John looked up and looked at Shelaf in his mind John knew that if Shelaf wasnt carful he mind loose Safi that he should make the time for her*

"At least try Chief" Finished John

"Too Quite" Finished John

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 04, 2012, 08:58:42 PM

Shelaf looked up at Scott. "No sir. Its been pretty quiet apparently." He smiled. "Pretty rare for the Discovery, I know."

Scott couldn't help letting a chuckle escape. It was true that the Discovery had experienced more than its fair share of troubles over the last few years. Now on his final cruise, it was finally quiet.

" Makes a nice change doesn't it gentlemen? Looking forward to heading back to earth? "

John Brown

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 05, 2012, 06:16:03 AM

Scott couldn't help letting a chuckle escape. It was true that the Discovery had experienced more than its fair share of troubles over the last few years. Now on his final cruise, it was finally quiet.

" Makes a nice change doesn't it gentlemen? Looking forward to heading back to earth? "

*John leaned back in his chair and smiled*

"Be a Nice Change; and I am cooking at the BBQ again unless you want to do it again this year Commander we all know what happened when I tried it.I swear I was going be thrown out of a airlock"Finished John

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Brown on February 05, 2012, 09:48:37 AM

*John leaned back in his chair and smiled*

"Be a Nice Change; and I am cooking at the BBQ again unless you want to do it again this year Commander we all know what happened when I tried it.I swear I was going be thrown out of a airlock"Finished John

" Well I'll think about it. Depends if I get thrown into hack by Starfleet when they debrief me. Either way I won't be back on the Discovery "

Scott turned toward the ops station.

" Ensign Rellek, whats our ETA to Earth? "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 05, 2012, 06:16:03 AM

Shelaf grinned. "Oh, definitely. Theres no alcohol quite like that served on earth." He said. He would miss this sort of chat when Scott had left.

John Brown

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 05, 2012, 11:34:54 AM

" Well I'll think about it. Depends if I get thrown into hack by Starfleet when they debrief me. Either way I won't be back on the Discovery "

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 05, 2012, 12:58:55 PM

Shelaf grinned. "Oh, definitely. Theres no alcohol quite like that served on earth." He said. He would miss this sort of chat when Scott had left.

Quote from: Scott Bradley on February 05, 2012, 11:34:54 AM

"You be more then Welcome Commander" Finished John he will miss the Commander he served with him for over 5 Years he remembered when he was a cadet as well

Riley T. Munro

The morning rounds she had originally insisted on doing had really become a bother, walking around the ship, checking in with the crew. It seemed so much more personal to see them face to face than to hit a badge or read it over some lifeless pad... turn of the matter was, she was trying to avoid the bridge this morning. What would she say, or do. Would she honestly be able to look him in the eyes? She came here to find a home, a family, a good sturdy ship and now, it seems it had been riddled with nothing but chaos and confusion. First Kawolsky and now Bradley. Although the first was to be expected, and the latter was just down right weird. Starfleet was their life, and it seems that now only one of them had any intention on continuing that life.

"Bridge." She announced after stepping into the turbolift on her approach to the source of all her unease.

The turbolift whined and hummed as it made it's way to her undesirable location. Stepping out of the lift and onto the bridge, she was half tempted to go straight to her ready room but no, she took her seat nodding at everyone on the bridge. In the process she made eye contact with Scott. She was sure he could see it written in her face, but there was no hiding that now.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on February 05, 2012, 12:58:55 PM

" First rounds on me. I owe you all that much "

He sat down in his chair. Running his hands against the arm of the chair, noting the feel and the subtle indentations. He had gotten used to this chair, as was the case with a lot of things on the Discovery.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.