Post of the Month - December, 2011

Started by kawolsky, December 22, 2011, 08:34:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

Post of the Month - December, 2011
With Christmas fast approaching, I felt it would be prudent to announce this month's Post of the Month winner early in what will most likely be my last announcement of the year!

This month was a particularly difficult one. With so many great posts to choose from, it was extremely hard to select just one. But alas, I came to a decision. Please enjoy the winning post for this month:

Quote from: Inzjana on December 16, 2011, 04:56:22 AM

Aboard the T'Kumbra, science officer Inzjana stood at the science station going over the data coming in from a passive sensor sweep of the Cho'chek star system.

The T'Kumbra was assigned to investigate the Sigma 7 star system, uncharted by any of the major federations and empires of the greater galactic community, it was a veritable cornucopia of mystery and therefore it didn't take much convincing for Starfleet nor Vulcan High Command to sanction such a venture, even if it was mostly at the behest of Inzjana's mother; consul T'Vaal.

Inzjana had lost a best friend in that system, a renowned xeno-archaeologist Dr Andre Offenbach some fifteen years hence, so when asked to join the mission, she gratefully agreed - well as grateful as a Vulcan can be anyway.

On Sigma 7 they met an odd man who called himself Theta Sigma, who had been living amongst the ancient ruins, seemingly by his lonesome and after several hours of communication and after supposed fits of long and short term memory loss at various intervals, eventually told them of the pirate in the Cho'chek system.

After receiving a message from High Command to go to the Cho'chek system where they were going anyway to help support a Starfleet vessel designated the USS Churchill, the T'Kumbra set course best speed for their rendezvous. So here they are!

After the communications officer had accepted and routed the comlink from the Churchill's tactical officer, Inzjana opened the channel, "This is Inzjana, how may I be of assistance?" She asked.

Congratulations go out to Inzjana who hasn't been with us long, but who contributed an excellent post that sets the scene and introduces the story well in just a few short paragraphs. I think you will all agree that the post is a joy to read enhanced with some great back-story.

So with that taken care of, there's only one thing left to do. And that is to say Merry Christmas to all of you. I hope you and your families enjoy the festive period and I'll see you all back here and posting in the New Year, which we'll be kicking off in style with the Fifth Anniversary Celebration - something not to be missed!

Merry Christmas, Shadow Fleet!

Connor Price

ThomasRiker

Quote from: Connor Price on December 26, 2011, 10:46:18 PM

Congrats! What a great start.

After getting over all of the jealousy :) I congratulate you on the great post, I hope we get to see many more from you like that.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.