Post of the Month - November, 2011

Started by kawolsky, November 30, 2011, 08:48:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

Post of the Month
Well November has been and gone and Christmas is now fast approaching. But life continues as normal on Shadow Fleet with this month's Post of the Month winner!

Now, this month was exceptionally difficult in terms of picking a winner, simply because of the multitude of excellent posts made by all members. However, one did stand out slightly above the rest.

It is my pleasure to award Taras Cadenza the privilege of earning the coveted Post of the Month Ribbon, for the following excellent piece of writing:

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on November 08, 2011, 04:35:08 PM

Taras looked at the odds. Five enemy ships. A nebula pocket. The chance of a nearby Pirate base. And the fact that his commander and the first officer both had their hands on his shoulders at some point in the previous minute. He folded his arms, eyes closed in thought. He thought for the best part of 5 seconds, but to him, it felt like 5 years. It was upon his skill, that the Churchill would either escape undamaged, or heavily damaged.

He thought back to the biographies of the trials and tribulations of the USS Voyager. 7 years, they had spent in the Delta Quadrant. An Intrepid-Class ship lost for 7 years without any friends, without any starbases for repair... without any materials. Confronted by the Borg, numerous times amongst other threats. And yet, numerous eye-witness reports found that the ship had arrived back with barely a scratch on its hull.

And yet, Mr. Thompson was questioning the ability of what an Intrepid-Class starship could do.

Taras' face contorted to form a wide grin as he turned to face the two, the beaming adrenaline flowing through his body, as he felt a powerful feeling surface. "Sirs... Never underestimate the Intrepid-Classes."

He clasped his hands together, his eyes softly intense. "I'll show you what we can really do."

I'm sure you'll agree, Mr. Cadenza really sets the scene by painting a thorough and exciting picture of what is happening in that post. A really good effort!

Like I said, there were some really good candidates out there and I hope we can all keep up the great quality of mission posts. Who knows, perhaps the next PotM could be you?

To nominate a post you think has PotM potential, simply "quote" the post and send the quoted code to your commanding officer, who will collate the nominations and submit them to myself at the end of the month. The post you nominate can be from either ship, not just your own, but it cannot be a post you have written. If you have any questions about the nomination process, please speak to your SIMM command staff.

Until next time, please congratulate this month's winner and keep up the great work, Shadow Fleet!

Lance Krol

I just wanna say well done, and I hope your writing is always this good!

In related news, thanks for breaking my combo >:(
This is definitely one for Facebook.

Taras Cadenza

Holy moly I didn't expect that! :O

I... I'm not sure what to say, I mean... Wow! Thanks a lot from the bottom of my literature-writing heart. :D

And, ah, sorry 'bout that Krol. ^_^'

ThomasRiker

Good job and keep up the great writing!

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.