Author Topic: Season 1, Mission 05: Awakening  (Read 30924 times)

OctalLord

Re: Season 1, Mission 05: Awakening
« Reply #30 on: December 05, 2011, 07:08:03 pm »
Following Masters Octavius stood to attention and saluted. "I can confirm that sir, as well as the readyness of the crew. Myself included." He turned to make his way for his console and saw Masters sitting at it. "Dang, I missed out on the one thing I wanted today." He thought, taking position at another console. "I hope you're both happy."

cortez

« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2011, 07:03:08 am »
Reece sat beside Cortez, with two separate PADDs.

One was the crew roster with the additions taken on at the dock, the other was the duty roster. Putting the two together to make the schedules wasn't a highlight of his temporary job, but it had to be done.

Finally, after three hours, he had finished the job and set the PADDs aside. He put his face into his hands and brought them up through his hair. He rubbed his eyes. They ached from staring at the tiny PADD screens for so long.

A beeping from his console had him jump to reality again.

"Sir, we're receiving a priority one transmission from Starfleet. I'll route it through to your ready room."

Acknowledging the arrival of Masters and Mirwald with a gentle nod, Cortez made his way into the ready room. Sliding the computer screen around to face him, he activated the comm channel. The familiar sight of the Federation logo was quickly replaced by another, less-familiar looking Starfleet Admiral. Cortez recognised him immediately.

"Admiral T'Por"  he said,  "What can I do for you?"

The Admiral tilted his head in typical Vulcan style before responding.

"Lieutenant Commander. I have a new assignment for you and your crew"

Cortez' interest had been peaked.

"Starfleet believes there is another pirate base operating out of the Cho'chek system"  he continued  "You are to investigate these reports and, if possible, deal with the problem. I am sending the USS T'Kumbra to assist you, but Starfleet Intelligence does not believe there to be a significant defensive force in place at the installation"

Cortez wanted to smile so badly. At last, he could finally take the fight to the pirates without fear of reprisal from Starfleet.

"You can count on my crew and I, Admiral"  he replied

"I suspect I can, Lieutenant Commander, but be cautious. The Cho'chek system borders the Klingon Empire. It would be most unwise to enter their territory."

Cortez took a deep breath, "Understood, Admiral"

After a short silence and a customary Vulcan nod, T'Por ended the communication.

"T'Por out."

The screen went blank, leaving Cortez staring at the Federation logo once more. A two ship assault on a pirate base.

Piece of cake.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 07:13:22 am by Mike Cortez »

OctalLord

« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2011, 01:48:25 pm »
Octavius was running a final diagnostic on the churchills rearmament. Making sure they were up to bear. When something Occured to me. "Hey!" He said with his voice raised slightly. "Since I've no doubt we're getting a mission statement I want to say this before we leave." Turning to face him "Mr. Taras, welcome to the cheifs club. I'll have your club shirt over to you by monday." He joked.

cortez

« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2011, 02:15:38 pm »
Octavius was running a final diagnostic on the churchills rearmament. Making sure they were up to bear. When something Occured to me. "Hey!" He said with his voice raised slightly. "Since I've no doubt we're getting a mission statement I want to say this before we leave." Turning to face him "Mr. Taras, welcome to the cheifs club. I'll have your club shirt over to you by monday." He joked.

"Alright, cut the chatter!"  Cortez announced, leaving "his" ready room. "We're heading to the Cho'chek system to take out a pirate base. Mr. Cadenza, maximum warp, if you will?"

Stopping in front of his command chair, he looked across to the Tactical console.

"Mr. Masters, we will be linking up with the T'Kumbra in a few hours time. Please ensure all tactical systems are ready to go."   he ordered, "And I want to see all senior officers in the briefing room, in one hour. That includes you, Masters."
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:35:40 pm by Mike Cortez »

Offline Taras Cadenza

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: December 06, 2011, 06:28:37 pm »
"Alright, cut the chatter!"  Cortez announced, leaving "his" ready room. "We're heading to the Cho'chek system to take out a pirate base. Mr. Cadenza, maximum warp, if you will?"

Stopping in front of his command chair, he looked across to the Tactical console.

"Mr. Masters, we will be linking up with the T'Kumbra in a few hours time. Please ensure all tactical systems are ready to go."   he ordered, "And I want to see all senior officers in the briefing room, in one hour. That includes you, Masters."

Ooh, someone's grouchy. Didn't even get a chance to give my measurements for the jacket. thought Taras to himself, half-jokingly as he responded to Cortez with a grand "Aye-aye, sir!" as he commanded the good ship Churchill to another inevitable battle at Warp 9.975 - the fastest possible speed she could venture.
Of course, Taras had no doubt she could manage faster when pushed... but it wouldn't be wise to break the core before the completion of their mission.

And I've got my first Senior Staff meeting in an hour! Ahh, I haven't felt this proud of myself since I left the academy with two rank pips instead of just one. Ahh, happy days.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2011, 06:36:40 pm by Mike Cortez »

ThomasRiker

« Reply #35 on: December 06, 2011, 07:48:26 pm »

"Aye Sir" Masters said out loud. He went over the tactical systems, making sure that they were in order, he noted the few things that he found might need work, and set them right in only  a few moments, there was nothing major so it was easy. "Mr. Mirwald" he said, would you mind taking the board while I attend the Senior Staff meeting?"

Lance Krol

« Reply #36 on: December 06, 2011, 07:55:52 pm »
Ooh, someone's grouchy. Didn't even get a chance to give my measurements for the jacket. thought Taras to himself, half-jokingly as he responded to Cortez with a grand "Aye-aye, sir!" as he commanded the good ship Churchill to another inevitable battle at Warp 9.975 - the fastest possible speed she could venture.
Of course, Taras had no doubt she could manage faster when pushed... but it wouldn't be wise to break the core before the completion of their mission.

And I've got my first Senior Staff meeting in an hour! Ahh, I haven't felt this proud of myself since I left the academy with two rank pips instead of just one. Ahh, happy days.

Krol was less happy. While his day hadn't contained any crushing reminders of his situation, the prospect of diving into another fight with pirates gave him a distinctly bad feeling. Maybe life insurance was in order.

He quietly arranged a cover shift while the ship's core prepared itself for battle in his command. This would be a long day.

OctalLord

« Reply #37 on: December 07, 2011, 12:00:21 am »
"Aye Sir" Masters said out loud. He went over the tactical systems, making sure that they were in order, he noted the few things that he found might need work, and set them right in only  a few moments, there was nothing major so it was easy. "Mr. Mirwald" he said, would you mind taking the board while I attend the Senior Staff meeting?"

"Of course." Octavius said without adding "Like I wouldn't anyway." He stepped over to the main console and took his rightful place sitting down with a wump Changing the active log in to show who was in control now Octavius set to work. Even though there wasn't much left to be done where the two of them had been working together. "Oh great, now I need more ways to keep busy." He thought begrudgingly.

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: December 07, 2011, 04:08:31 am »
"Of course." Octavius said without adding "Like I wouldn't anyway." He stepped over to the main console and took his rightful place sitting down with a wump Changing the active log in to show who was in control now Octavius set to work. Even though there wasn't much left to be done where the two of them had been working together. "Oh great, now I need more ways to keep busy." He thought begrudgingly.

Reece sat in the XO's chair staring at Cortez.

"The T'Kumbra?" He said.

He sighed. A whole ship full of Vulcans. What a cheery place that must be.

"Mirwald, when we met up with the T'Kumbra, synchronise our tactical systems with theirs. If we're attacking a pirate base, we're going to need to work together." He added.

It hit him then, "Sir," He said to Cortez, "The Cho'Chek system is within spitting distance of Klingon space. Aren't they going to be somewhat concerned when a Nebula and Intrepid get that close to their borders?"

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

cortez

« Reply #39 on: December 07, 2011, 08:57:27 am »
Reece sat in the XO's chair staring at Cortez.

"The T'Kumbra?" He said.

He sighed. A whole ship full of Vulcans. What a cheery place that must be.

"Mirwald, when we met up with the T'Kumbra, synchronise our tactical systems with theirs. If we're attacking a pirate base, we're going to need to work together." He added.

It hit him then, "Sir," He said to Cortez, "The Cho'Chek system is within spitting distance of Klingon space. Aren't they going to be somewhat concerned when a Nebula and Intrepid get that close to their borders?"

Cortez was still stood in the center of the bridge, about to head out to his quarters to prepare for the briefing.

"I suspect they will, but we have a good relationship with the Empire. I'm sure Starfleet Command has informed them of our plan. Still, we should keep our distance."

Giving one final nod, Cortez headed for the turbolift.

"You have the bridge, Mr Thompson"

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: December 07, 2011, 09:50:47 am »
Cortez was still stood in the center of the bridge, about to head out to his quarters to prepare for the briefing.

"I suspect they will, but we have a good relationship with the Empire. I'm sure Starfleet Command has informed them of our plan. Still, we should keep our distance."

Giving one final nod, Cortez headed for the turbolift.

"You have the bridge, Mr Thompson"

Reece watched Cortez leave then looked down at the floor.

Fresh out of dock, and they had to besiege a pirate base with a Nebula full of Vulcans. Interesting.

"Mr Masters, Mr Mirwald. Run final checks on all the defensive and weapon systems. I don't a single phaser coil failing or running out half way through a fight.
Mr Cadenza. What's our ETA?"

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

ThomasRiker

« Reply #41 on: December 08, 2011, 01:17:48 pm »

Masters moved to the secondary station as it wasn't time for the meeting. Mr. Mirwald, when you are off duty, "I think you need to visit the holodeck. I can sense a high level amount of frustration in you, and that can begin to impact proficiency. I recommend the Klingon training program I have uploaded."

Fresh out of dock, and they had to besiege a pirate base with a Nebula full of Vulcans. Interesting.

"Mr Masters, Mr Mirwald. Run final checks on all the defensive and weapon systems. I don't a single phaser coil failing or running out half way through a fight.

"Aye Sir" Masters said, beginning the process. Masters sent a text message to Octavius Mirwald's board "Mr. Mirwald, I realize that you and I have had our fun but I think we both can agree we keep our systems in tip top shape, should we run diagnostics again and show our fine work?

Offline Taras Cadenza

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Experienced Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January to the player with the best academy course. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: December 08, 2011, 03:56:05 pm »

I get the feeling that those two are going to end up having another clash at the drop of the correct pin. Man, why can't we alljust get along? Though to be fair, most of us do... thought Taras, as he overheard Masters "suggestion" to Octavius. 

He turned to his first officer. "At our present course and speed... Six hours and 24 minutes, sir." he stated, almost proudly. It was the first reading he had done at his new position of chief, and it was something of an incident to remember.

cortez

« Reply #43 on: December 08, 2011, 04:36:47 pm »
I get the feeling that those two are going to end up having another clash at the drop of the correct pin. Man, why can't we alljust get along? Though to be fair, most of us do... thought Taras, as he overheard Masters "suggestion" to Octavius.

He turned to his first officer. "At our present course and speed... Six hours and 24 minutes, sir." he stated, almost proudly. It was the first reading he had done at his new position of chief, and it was something of an incident to remember.

After a short half-hour going over the notes submitted to him by Admiral T'Por, Cortez was ready for the briefing. He had arrived a few minutes early, but was confident his staff would be there shortly.

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: December 08, 2011, 04:46:04 pm »
After a short half-hour going over the notes submitted to him by Admiral T'Por, Cortez was ready for the briefing. He had arrived a few minutes early, but was confident his staff would be there shortly.

Reece stood up from the XO's chair.

"Come along kids. Time for a briefing." He joked.

He entered the briefing room and took his seat beside Cortez.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles