Fifth Anniversary Special Mission: The Vote!

Started by kawolsky, November 08, 2011, 07:41:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Which Special Mission idea do you like the most?

"Hidden Gene"
1 (6.3%)
"The Great Tribble Hunt"
7 (43.8%)
"A Q Through Time"
3 (18.8%)
"Divergence"
5 (31.3%)

Total Members Voted: 16

Voting closed: December 01, 2011, 08:43:03 AM

kawolsky

Fifth Anniversary Special Mission: The Vote!
Back in July, we asked you to suggest ideas for our Fifth Anniversary Celebration. And you did just that, submitting several ideas that we could use in our second Special Mission, celebrating five years of Shadow Fleet.

Because there were so many great suggestions, the Command Staff had a difficult time deciding just one to use, so we've decided to put it up to the vote and let you make the final decision!

Take a look at the options below and cast your vote above before December 1st! The top-voted idea will then be used as our Special Mission for January, 2012.

Here's your choices:

• "Hidden Gene" - The crew of the USS Enterprise are called back to Earth after a discovery is made underneath San Francisco. When they arrive, they find a number of stasis pods from the 20th/21st century. When they open the pods, the find a number of actors. William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelly, James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Walter Koenig and Majel Barrett-Roddenberry. After it is discovered they know alot about current technology, despite being in stasis, the actors are brought aboard the USS Enterprise. After showing them around the ship, James Doohan access the ships main database and finds an "Easter Egg." Inside, is the DNA make up for a person called Gene Roddenberry. (Reece Thompson)
  • "The Great Tribble Hunt" - When an Engineering officer's Tribble escapes, and starts reproducing at an outstanding rate, trouble ensues for the ship's crew. However, when the tribbles start causing engineering failures, and a klingon Negh'Var turns up, demanding the crew turn over the empires "Arch Nemesis", things take a turn for the worse.... (Shelaf Greegy)
  • "A Q Through Time" - It would start off with Q's son transporting the crews of the USS Challenger and USS Discovery into one ship, the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-X, a class-less, shapeless cube of a ship, after having been encouraged by his father to take a new generation of humans and humanoids and put them to the test. There would be 5 missions. One taking place during the Romulan War in the Enterprise-Era. the Enterprise morphing into an NX-Class. The Challenger crewmembers disappear, leaving only the Discovery's crew. It soon becomes apparent to the crews that they are taking the place of the various Enterprise crews throughout time and space.  (Think Quantum Leap.) The 2nd mission would take place in the late TOS/Movie-Era, with the Challenger crew. (It would alternate until Mission 5.) This would be a different mission-type, compared to the shoot 'em up-style of the ENT-era mission. The (now Constitution Refit Class) Enterprise, during its time as a training vessel, would be sent on an undercover mission with an unstable cloaking device, trying to find a rogue Starfleet officer in league with Romulans trying to sabotage the Federation-Klingon peace treaty.  The 3rd would be 36 years after the opening sequence of Star Trek: Generations. The Enterprise, (under the guise of the Excelsior Refit-Class Ent-B) would be on its final recorded mission into the Gourami Sector, having discovered a mysterious plague spreading throughout the ship.The 4th Mission would be set aboard the Enterprise-E, during the climax of the Dominion War. I'm not sure what the Ent-E was doing during this. (Insurrection sure didn't show anything.)So we could be creative with this.) And the final mission would be aboard the Enterprise J. The undiscovered, unknown, and pretty much limitless part of Trek mythos that is still guanteed to happen. (Taras Cadenza)
  • "Divergence" - Could have an alternate reality mission. Joint mission including both ships. I'm thinking, The Discovery and the Churchill (hopefully with it's Captain back if he would like to), are sent to investigate a wormhole. While there, strange readings begin emanating and soon, two ships emerge through. They're copies of the two ships, but heavily damaged. While there, we meet other versions of ourselves and spend a bit of time talking, seeing what's different in the two universes. But, trouble strikes when they ask us to return with them. They claim it would provide a tactical advantage, but we are forced to refuse. Due to the refusal, the two alternate crews then sabotage our ships, taking various items to assist them. Phaser Coils, Torpedoes, all the important stuff. They leave back through the rift and we are forced to follow them, to take back our items. (Reece Thompson)
Cast your vote now!

OctalLord

I like Divergence. I'd love to see two versions of Octavius and Masters all having it out against each other.

Lance Krol

Does anyone remember my idea about the infinite planet? Wouldn't that be a fun thing to squeeze into one mission?

Seth Sinclaire

I have a thing for the episodes about Q, I love him and everything Q related :3

Kale Bridges

QUESTION:

What happens if the result is a draw?

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Scott Bradley

Then we decide with a game of tiddlywinks......to the DEATH!

Taras Cadenza

Extreme Rock Paper Scissors is the way to go. With actual props! ;D

Michael Ferdinand

May I suggest Alyssa's favorite game ever once again? Hide and Seek: Flamethrower Edition

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Seth Sinclaire

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on November 08, 2011, 07:27:58 PM

May I suggest Alyssa's favorite game ever once again? Hide and Seek: Flamethrower Edition

Bagsy on the flamethrower!

Kale Bridges

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Lance Krol

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.