Season 7, Mission 08: Command Decisions

Started by Scott Bradley, October 24, 2011, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on November 04, 2011, 03:51:18 PM

Black took another step forward, determined not to be outdone by Bradley.

"Commander, I'm taking command of this vessel while I investigate you and your crew."

Black nodded to one of the security officers.

"Take them both to their quarters. And don't let them speak to anybody"

As the officer placed his hand on Bradley's arm, Black turned to speak to another group of officers, one of which wore Commander insignia.

"Commander Harper, confine the rest of the crew to their quarters and immediately begin reviewing their computer database."

Scott did not move one inch. His voice had descended to a deep growl.

" Like hell, you have no grounds to remove me from command or question my crew. "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on November 04, 2011, 05:32:42 PM

" Like hell, you have no grounds to remove me from command or question my crew. "

Shelaf moved forward to Scotts side, glaring at the admiral.

"You think you can just roll over us? This isn't some sort of Spanish Inquisition!" He said, his voice every inch as threatening as Scott's.

Lee Armstrong

As the commander was greeting the Admiral, Lee remained at this station, in command until Bradleys return. Apart from the sudden arrivals, everything seemed routine. He detected a familiar energy reading on the bridge.

" Incoming transporter beams. what the hell? "

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: Lee Armstrong on November 04, 2011, 05:40:07 PM

As the commander was greeting the Admiral, Lee remained at this station, in command until Bradleys return. Apart from the sudden arrivals, everything seemed routine. He detected a familiar energy reading on the bridge.

" Incoming transporter beams. what the hell? "

Once the beam had finished its cycle, Admiral Gray emerged with his team. Twelve men armed with phaser rifles, they where quick to catch the Discovery crew unawares.

" Secure all Stations. Crew of the Discovery, back away from your consoles and comply with my orders. "

Lee Armstrong

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 2 on November 04, 2011, 05:41:57 PM

Once the beam had finished its cycle, Admiral Gray emerged with his team. Twelve men armed with phaser rifles, they where quick to catch the Discovery crew unawares.

" Secure all Stations. Crew of the Discovery, back away from your consoles and comply with my orders. "

Lee complied with his orders. Not willingly, but there was little he could do with a rifle placed in his face. He held his hands up, and slowly backed away. Admiral Gray passed him, and he took this time to speak up.

" Sir? What's going on here? "

Non-Playing Character 2

Quote from: Lee Armstrong on November 04, 2011, 05:44:58 PM

Lee complied with his orders. Not willingly, but there was little he could do with a rifle placed in his face. He held his hands up, and slowly backed away. Admiral Gray passed him, and he took this time to speak up.

" Sir? What's going on here? "

Gray faced the young man.

" All will become clear in time. Lieutenant. For now all you need to know is that we have orders to seize control of the Discovery. "

He did not wait for the younger mans reply. He tapped his commbadge.

=/\= Gray to Black =/\=

" We have secured all vital systems. Commander Ross reports that engineering is also under our control. "

Connor Price

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on November 04, 2011, 03:51:18 PM

Black took another step forward, determined not to be outdone by Bradley.

"Commander, I'm taking command of this vessel while I investigate you and your crew."

Black nodded to one of the security officers.

"Take them both to their quarters. And don't let them speak to anybody"

As the officer placed his hand on Bradley's arm, Black turned to speak to another group of officers, one of which wore Commander insignia.

"Commander Harper, confine the rest of the crew to their quarters and immediately begin reviewing their computer database."

Connor cleared his throat. he had intended it to quiet, but in the silent air it sounded like a cannon shot.

"Uh, yes, hello. I'm the Chief Engineer. Now, I can help you a lot, sir, but, see, there's a problem." He said, not quite believing it was him talking. "I only recently took over as Chief Engineer, and only the old chief knows the access codes, and she's at a conference." This was, of course, a lie. But what the admiral didn't know couldn't hurt him.

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on November 04, 2011, 03:43:54 PM

Alyssa frowned. "Let's just say that I have been having blasts from the past." she said as she looked at him. Before giving him a chance to respond, the familiar cool voice of Trisha sounded from Alyssa's combadge.

=/\= Sickbay to Dr. Meadows, we have a problem=/\=

Sighing out of habit she tapped the badge. =/\= On my way=/\=

She looked at Sinclaire again. "I'm sorry I have to do this, but I have to run now." Making a small waving gesture she ran out of the messhall.

Alyssa was running down the final stretch to sickbay when someone grabbed her and covered her mouth with their hand. She shrieked as best as she could and tried to struggle but the person shushed her and walked backwards to a corner. Alyssa continued to struggle, for the fear that she was in danger was beginning to grow. That was when she heard the cool voice.

"Hey, hey!" Trisha said softly. "It's me, don't worry." Alyssa continued to struggle before the idea had gotten into her head that she was in no danger. The second she was stopped struggling, she was let go.

"Trisha?" Alyssa said in confusion as she turned to see her. "What the hell is going on?"

Trisha looked upset. There was definitely something wrong. "Someone's boarding the ship." she whispered. "I heard them coming towards sickbay, talking about securing the medical facility, and I hightailed it out of there."

Alyssa noticed that Trisha's commbadge was missing. She must have removed it and left it in sickbay before getting out of there. Trisha must have saw Alyssa noticing it, for she grabbed her commbadge and threw it as hard as she could towards sickbay.

"What do we do now?" Alyssa asked in confusion. She had never been on a ship that had been boarded before.

"I was kind of hoping you would have had a plan." Trisha said.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Non-Playing Character 1

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 2 on November 04, 2011, 05:47:25 PM

=/\= Gray to Black =/\=

" We have secured all vital systems. Commander Ross reports that engineering is also under our control. "

"Understood, Rear Admiral"  Black replied, looking Bradley in the eye.

Making no attempt to hide the smirk on his face, Black pulled held out the palm of his hand in mid air. Within a few moments, it was holding a Starfleet data PADD, provided to him by a young male Ensign. Black read the contents of the PADD with confidence in his voice.

"To Commander Scott Bradley. You are hereby ordered to relinquish command of the USS Discovery (NCC-78393-A) to Vice Admiral William S. Black, Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command, effective immediately. Signed Fleet Admiral T'lal, Starfleet Command."

Black stepped closer to Bradley, his face almost touching the Commander's.

"So you see, Commander. I do have grounds."  he said, his breath stroking Bradley's face.  "Now, are you going to co-operate, or do I have to have my security officers forcibly confine you to quarters?"

Black was almost smiling at the prospect.

Seth Sinclaire

Seth sighed, he had just finished his breakfast entirely when Alyssa left and after a few moments of digestion decided it'd be time to start his shift. As he paced down the corridor he noticed one of two crewman moving with some speed in the opposite direction. They weren't sprinting, but it was certain they were in a hurry. Seth tried to catch one of the crewman's attention but he completely blanked him and flew past him and out of sight. Something was wrong.

Seth stepped through into the Armoury to collect his equipment, beginning to speak rather casually to whomever might be inside with him on his shift.

"Well, something's got everyone worked up, I-"

Seth found him eye level with a phaser rifle by a rather high ranking crewman he didn't recognise. With a gulp Seth carefully raised his hands as the stranger barked orders at him. Glancing about he could see another person he didn't recognise accosting two of the other security personell, the two who would have been on his shift with him on patrol. They had their backs against the wall side by side.

As Seth took his place against the uncanny lineup it suddenly occured to him what was most odd. They were starfleet. Managing to find his voice briefly he spoke in what he hoped was an authorative tone.

"What is the meaning of this?"

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on November 04, 2011, 07:43:27 PM

"Understood, Rear Admiral"  Black replied, looking Bradley in the eye.

Making no attempt to hide the smirk on his face, Black pulled held out the palm of his hand in mid air. Within a few moments, it was holding a Starfleet data PADD, provided to him by a young male Ensign. Black read the contents of the PADD with confidence in his voice.

"To Commander Scott Bradley. You are hereby ordered to relinquish command of the USS Discovery (NCC-78393-A) to Vice Admiral William S. Black, Chief of Staff, Starfleet Command, effective immediately. Signed Fleet Admiral T'lal, Starfleet Command."

Black stepped closer to Bradley, his face almost touching the Commander's.

"So you see, Commander. I do have grounds."  he said, his breath stroking Bradley's face.  "Now, are you going to co-operate, or do I have to have my security officers forcibly confine you to quarters?"

Black was almost smiling at the prospect.

Scott was given a padd with the information. Each line seemed to stab at him like an individual knife in the back.

" Why....Why are they doing this? "

Non-Playing Character 1

Quote from: Scott Bradley on November 05, 2011, 09:05:59 PM

Scott was given a padd with the information. Each line seemed to stab at him like an individual knife in the back.

" Why....Why are they doing this? "

Deciding his point had been sufficiently hammered home, Black decided to take a step back, giving Bradley some breathing room.

"I'll tell you why this is happpening, Commander"  he said, firmly  "Some of your command decisions over the past six months have been less than ideal for Starfleet. To mention but one of those instances, you interferred with the development of another race in a parallel universe, in direct contrvention of the Prime Directive, nearly getting you and your team killed in the process."

Black nodded to the security crewman. He had had enough talking for one day.

"Take him"  he ordered, looking back at Scott  "We'll continue this at your hearing, Commander. Dismissed."

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on November 06, 2011, 04:48:35 AM

Deciding his point had been sufficiently hammered home, Black decided to take a step back, giving Bradley some breathing room.

"I'll tell you why this is happpening, Commander"  he said, firmly  "Some of your command decisions over the past six months have been less than ideal for Starfleet. To mention but one of those instances, you interferred with the development of another race in a parallel universe, in direct contrvention of the Prime Directive, nearly getting you and your team killed in the process."

Black nodded to the security crewman. He had had enough talking for one day.

"Take him"  he ordered, looking back at Scott  "We'll continue this at your hearing, Commander. Dismissed."

Shelaf looked bemused as Scott was marched out. "And me? What about the other members of the command staff? You must have known Admiral Kawolsky was present as well?" He demanded.

Non-Playing Character 1

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on November 06, 2011, 01:18:25 PM

Shelaf looked bemused as Scott was marched out. "And me? What about the other members of the command staff? You must have known Admiral Kawolsky was present as well?" He demanded.

Black's patience had just about worn thin.

"That's enough, Chief"  he said turning to yet another security crewman. "Crewman Silas, please scort the Chief here back to his quarters, where he will remain until called for."

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on November 06, 2011, 01:44:30 PM

Black's patience had just about worn thin.

"That's enough, Chief"  he said turning to yet another security crewman. "Crewman Silas, please scort the Chief here back to his quarters, where he will remain until called for."

"Sir." Shelaf saluted, turned and stalked out ahead of the crewman. All over the ship, security crewmen were rounding up the crew. as they passed security, he saw Seth lined up against the wall. Catching his eye, he nodded imperceptibly. Soon, he was in his quarters, the crewman outside. Walking over to his desk, he flipped open his computer, put his feet up on the desk, and tried to open a channel to Safi. Predictably enough, comms were locked. He slumped down in his chair and closed his eyes to think.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.