Season 7, Mission 08: Command Decisions

Started by Scott Bradley, October 24, 2011, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on November 03, 2011, 06:32:08 PM

Scott folded his arms. They weren't expecting any federation company this far out.

" Chief, open hailing freque- "

Before the chief could comply a figure appeared on the screen before them. Closer examination showed the man to be a older human male, with a admirals uniform.

Discovery, this is Admiral Black. Come to an immediate stop and prepare to be boarded.

Scott stood, bemused.

" Am I missing something Admiral? "

Full stop Commander. That's an order.

The screen cut to the formation of ships. Two Galaxy class ships, two Defiant class and an Excelsior class. They took up formation around the Discovery.

" Helm, take us to a full stop. "

Shelaf shook his head. "I have the strangest feeling of deja vu." He said. "Remember the iconian staging craft and that nutty admiral? I don't recall me and Kawolsky being comfortable in that holding cell."

Connor Price

Connor glanced around the engineering deck. All was running smoothly. Then the throb of the core decreased as the ship lost speed. Connor shrugged and walked over to a readout station, beginning one of the countless chores that were required by an engineering department every day. He began whistling to himself, unaware of the drama being acted out a few decks above.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on November 03, 2011, 06:51:20 PM

Shelaf shook his head. "I have the strangest feeling of deja vu." He said. "Remember the iconian staging craft and that nutty admiral? I don't recall me and Kawolsky being comfortable in that holding cell."

Scott stood beside the chief at the science console.

" Don't remind me. But there's not much we can do apart from greet the Admiral. Chief, your with me, Lieutenant Armstrong, have Lieutenant Price meet us in Transporter room 1. you're the honour guard for the Admiral. "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on November 03, 2011, 07:37:05 PM

Scott stood beside the chief at the science console.

" Don't remind me. But there's not much we can do apart from greet the Admiral. Chief, your with me, Lieutenant Armstrong, have Lieutenant Price meet us in Transporter room 1. you're the honour guard for the Admiral. "

Shelaf nodded, heading out alongside Scott to the transporter room. He would happily face down aliens, star ships, even Safi early in the mornings, but a starfleet admiral.

"If past experience has taught me anything, admirals are no good." Shelaf said. "Well, one or two are alright..." He trailed off, thinking of O'Neill and Kawolsky.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on November 03, 2011, 07:47:51 PM

Shelaf nodded, heading out alongside Scott to the transporter room. He would happily face down aliens, star ships, even Safi early in the mornings, but a starfleet admiral.

"If past experience has taught me anything, admirals are no good." Shelaf said. "Well, one or two are alright..." He trailed off, thinking of O'Neill and Kawolsky.

Scott and Shelaf walked along the corridor. Not in any particular rush.

" I'm surprised it's taken this long to have some brass come out here. You didn't think they where going to forget they have an Iconian in command do you? "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on November 03, 2011, 07:52:54 PM

Scott and Shelaf walked along the corridor. Not in any particular rush.

" I'm surprised it's taken this long to have some brass come out here. You didn't think they where going to forget they have an Iconian in command do you? "

"Oh joy! I'm sure the admiral will be pleased to see himself face by an iconian and a Romulan. We've always been a funny old band here." Shelaf mused. "The old days, eh. Iconians, Cardassians, Romulans, comas, marriages, death." Shelaf said quietly. "Nobody could split us up, though."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on November 03, 2011, 08:03:42 PM

"Oh joy! I'm sure the admiral will be pleased to see himself face by an iconian and a Romulan. We've always been a funny old band here." Shelaf mused. "The old days, eh. Iconians, Cardassians, Romulans, comas, marriages, death." Shelaf said quietly. "Nobody could split us up, though."

Scott couldn't help but let out a laugh. The situation was serious, but he found some dark humour in the chiefs comments.

" They never could. This is different but Shelaf. I've been monitoring the situation since the end of the war, it may well be over a year and a half, but things haven't changed. The blanket amnesty for Iconians was a political move. People are still angry. "

His tone became more sombre.

" 45 Iconians have been murdered since the end of the war, hundreds injured. Most of them former starfleet. This fallout could do more damage than the war ever could. "

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Scott Bradley on November 03, 2011, 08:07:45 PM

Scott couldn't help but let out a laugh. The situation was serious, but he found some dark humour in the chiefs comments.

" They never could. This is different but Shelaf. I've been monitoring the situation since the end of the war, it may well be over a year and a half, but things haven't changed. The blanket amnesty for Iconians was a political move. People are still angry. "

His tone became more sombre.

" 45 Iconians have been murdered since the end of the war, hundreds injured. Most of them former starfleet. This fallout could do more damage than the war ever could. "

Shelaf felt his insides clench with anger. "The worst thing as that the murderers are nearly always civilians who didn't fight. Their minds are poisoned and polluted by hate and distrust." He almost snarled. "Reminds me of my own people." They turned the corner and he could see the transporter room ahead.

Non-Playing Character 1

The transporter pad blurred into life and several security crewmen materialized in a bright blue hue. Behind them was Admiral Black, an averaged sized man in his sixties, with a grey beard covering his chin. He had a definite presence about him.

"Step away from the console"  he ordered the transporter operative.  "Secure all systems"   came his next order, this time to his security team.

Stepping down from the pad, Black approached Bradley, who had just that moment entered the room, along with an enlisted crewman whom Black believed must be the Chief of the Boat.

"Commander. By order of Starfleet Command, I hereby relieve you and your crew and take command of the Discovery."

Seth Sinclaire

Quote from: Alyssa Meadows on November 03, 2011, 06:45:11 PM

"It would have been better if this morning never happened." Alyssa admitted. She slightly shook at the thought of the being for a second but then shook her head to be rid of the thought. "I feel that I haven't truly talked to you before and your name escapes me. May I ask what it is?"

Seth frowned at Alyssa's first comment and was about to inquire before she beat him to speaking with a question of her own. Offering an abrupt but friendly chuckle, he replied with a grin.

"Seth Sinclaire. And if I recall you're Lieutenant Meadows?" he had made a point when he first came aboard to try and learn all the senior staff names if only to make a good impression. The change of stations with the Churchill had left him confused for a bit but thankfully, some things hadn't changed. Although as he thought about it, he found himself missing Krol's company. Despite only being with him a short while he had felt a genuine connection that he found depressingly rare.

"So what made the morning so bad?"

Shelaf Greegy

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on November 04, 2011, 08:57:45 AM

The transporter pad blurred into life and several security crewmen materialized in a bright blue hue. Behind them was Admiral Black, an averaged sized man in his sixties, with a grey beard covering his chin. He had a definite presence about him.

"Step away from the console"  he ordered the transporter operative.  "Secure all systems"   came his next order, this time to his security team.

Stepping down from the pad, Black approached Bradley, who had just that moment entered the room, along with an enlisted crewman whom Black believed must be the Chief of the Boat.

"Commander. By order of Starfleet Command, I hereby relieve you and your crew and take command of the Discovery."

Shelaf stepped back, hand flying to his phaser handle. The admirals security team drew their own, but Shelaf didn't stand down. He guessed he could take down two before they got him. But the security crewman in him wanted to know more. His single word split the tension in the air like a knife.

"Why?"

Connor Price

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on November 04, 2011, 12:58:26 PM

Shelaf stepped back, hand flying to his phaser handle. The admirals security team drew their own, but Shelaf didn't stand down. He guessed he could take down two before they got him. But the security crewman in him wanted to know more. His single word split the tension in the air like a knife.

"Why?"

As Shelaf spoke, Connor walked into the room. Seeing the raised phasers and set faces of those present, he took a step backwards into the wall. Inside he was thinking "Great, my first day as chief engineer and already guns are being waved around.

Scott Bradley

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on November 04, 2011, 08:57:45 AM

As the weapons where drawn, Scott's first instinct was to take down the nearest person pointing his weapon at him. He held himself back, and without turning to face the chief, barked with the authority of a seasoned Commander.
" Stand down chief! "

As the chief complied, Scott straightened himself, standing tall over the firm of the Admiral who was behind two of his guards.

" What the hell is this? "

Michael Ferdinand

Quote from: Seth Sinclaire on November 04, 2011, 09:10:27 AM

Seth frowned at Alyssa's first comment and was about to inquire before she beat him to speaking with a question of her own. Offering an abrupt but friendly chuckle, he replied with a grin.

"Seth Sinclaire. And if I recall you're Lieutenant Meadows?" he had made a point when he first came aboard to try and learn all the senior staff names if only to make a good impression. The change of stations with the Churchill had left him confused for a bit but thankfully, some things hadn't changed. Although as he thought about it, he found himself missing Krol's company. Despite only being with him a short while he had felt a genuine connection that he found depressingly rare.

"So what made the morning so bad?"

Alyssa frowned. "Let's just say that I have been having blasts from the past." she said as she looked at him. Before giving him a chance to respond, the familiar cool voice of Trisha sounded from Alyssa's combadge.

=/\= Sickbay to Dr. Meadows, we have a problem=/\=

Sighing out of habit she tapped the badge. =/\= On my way=/\=

She looked at Sinclaire again. "I'm sorry I have to do this, but I have to run now." Making a small waving gesture she ran out of the messhall.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Non-Playing Character 1

Quote from: Scott Bradley on November 04, 2011, 02:52:40 PM

As the weapons where drawn, Scott's first instinct was to take down the nearest person pointing his weapon at him. He held himself back, and without turning to face the chief, barked with the authority of a seasoned Commander.

" Stand down chief! "

As the chief complied, Scott straightened himself, standing tall over the firm of the Admiral who was behind two of his guards.

" What the hell is this? "

Black took another step forward, determined not to be outdone by Bradley.

"Commander, I'm taking command of this vessel while I investigate you and your crew."

Black nodded to one of the security officers.

"Take them both to their quarters. And don't let them speak to anybody"

As the officer placed his hand on Bradley's arm, Black turned to speak to another group of officers, one of which wore Commander insignia.

"Commander Harper, confine the rest of the crew to their quarters and immediately begin reviewing their computer database."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.