News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season 7, Mission 08: Command Decisions

Started by Scott Bradley, October 24, 2011, 06:11:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on December 07, 2011, 05:33:21 PM

"I don't know"

Kawolsky allowed yet another deep breath escape his lungs, in thought of the whole situation.

"But I have a feeling this is a part of something bigger. There's no reason for him to just show up at the Discovery like that. And to not inform me...well, that just smells of bad."

Scott went on to reply, his voice sounding noticeably weary.

" Whatever it is, I'm glad its over. Hopefully it's just us over analysing things. "

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on December 07, 2011, 05:55:26 PM

Scott went on to reply, his voice sounding noticeably weary.

" Whatever it is, I'm glad its over. Hopefully it's just us over analysing things. "

Kawolsky nodded, but he couldn't help feeling something was up.

"I hope so, Scott. Look..."

Kawolsky paused, thinking about his next words. He fiddled with a PADD on the desk in front of him, as if checking some information.

"I was going to wait until the next batch of officer promotions, but I think it's time...And...I guess I also wanted to do it personally rather than through routine orders..."

Kawolsky pressed a few buttons on the console in front him. Within seconds a report flashed up on the screen, mentioning Bradley and signed by Kawolsky himself.

"I'm promoting you to Captain, effective immediately."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on December 07, 2011, 06:00:34 PM

Kawolsky nodded, but he couldn't help feeling something was up.

"I hope so, Scott. Look..."

Kawolsky paused, thinking about his next words. He fiddled with a PADD on the desk in front of him, as if checking some information.

"I was going to wait until the next batch of officer promotions, but I think it's time...And...I guess I also wanted to do it personally rather than through routine orders..."

Kawolsky pressed a few buttons on the console in front him. Within seconds a report flashed up on the screen, mentioning Bradley and signed by Kawolsky himself.

"I'm promoting you to Captain, effective immediately."

Scott almost smiled. It was all he had worked for. Years of hard work had paid off. This was his dream ever since he enrolled. But he was a different man now. And things didn't feel the same.

" John ,we both know that my Iconian heritage is a hot topic. Hell it is in half the quadrant, they may have entertained an XO being an Iconian. But a Captain? No way. Besides, one thing Black and his crew have shown me, is that we are guilty of those charges. Some of them anyway, and that for a time, I did betray my Captain and the service.

I'm not the same, Starfleet isn't the same... "

He trailed off, choosing his next few words.

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on December 07, 2011, 06:07:00 PM

Scott almost smiled. It was all he had worked for. Years of hard work had paid off. This was his dream ever since he enrolled. But he was a different man now. And things didn't feel the same.

" John ,we both know that my Iconian heritage is a hot topic. Hell it is in half the quadrant, they may have entertained an XO being an Iconian. But a Captain? No way. Besides, one thing Black and his crew have shown me, is that we are guilty of those charges. Some of them anyway, and that for a time, I did betray my Captain and the service.

I'm not the same, Starfleet isn't the same... "

He trailed off, choosing his next few words.

"Let me worry about what Starfleet thinks. I'm promoting you because you've done a hell of a job."

Kawolsky sat back in his chair, as if to reveal an ulterior motive.

"Besides, if something is up, I'll need you. And that will be much easier if you were a Captain."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on December 07, 2011, 06:10:26 PM

"Let me worry about what Starfleet thinks. I'm promoting you because you've done a hell of a job."

Kawolsky sat back in his chair, as if to reveal an ulterior motive.

"Besides, if something is up, I'll need you. And that will be much easier if you were a Captain."

" That's the thing, John I can't serve an organisation that has this level of mistrust against me. "

kawolsky

Quote from: Scott Bradley on December 07, 2011, 06:33:24 PM

" That's the thing, John I can't serve an organisation that has this level of mistrust against me. "

Kawolsky frowned at Scott. He was offering him a promotion. To the rank of Captain, no less. Yet he was being as stubborn as ever.

"Scott, this is it. The big one. Captain. What you've always wanted. Don't turn it down now."

Scott Bradley

Quote from: John Kawolsky on December 07, 2011, 06:35:33 PM

Kawolsky frowned at Scott. He was offering him a promotion. To the rank of Captain, no less. Yet he was being as stubborn as ever.

"Scott, this is it. The big one. Captain. What you've always wanted. Don't turn it down now."

" I've been thinking a lot over the past year. I'm still not sure who I really am. I've been through this a thousand times. But I've made my decision. "

He paused, and looked at his former captain.

" I'm resigning from Starfleet. "

[MISSION END: 7th December 2011]

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.