Five Years of Shadow Fleet

Started by kawolsky, July 10, 2011, 07:34:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kawolsky

On January 5th, 2012 Shadow Fleet - in it's present form - will have been in existence for five years.

Five years. That's 1826 days. And in that time our members have posted nearly 27,000 posts, created over 1,000 topics and welcomed over 90 members to the fleet. Come January 5th, we will be celebrating this brilliant achievement, but we need your help!

We want you to suggest ideas below for our fifth birthday. You might want a special mission, competitions, rewards and prizes. It's entirely up to you. The best idea (or ideas) will become the "Official Shadow Fleet Fifth Anniversary Celebration."

What would you like to see this Shadow Fleet Day?

Kale Bridges

Quote from: John Kawolsky on July 10, 2011, 07:34:32 AM

On January 5th, 2012 Shadow Fleet - in it's present form - will have been in existence for five years.

Five years. That's 1826 days. And in that time our members have posted nearly 27,000 posts, created over 1,000 topics and welcomed over 90 members to the fleet. Come January 5th, we will be celebrating this brilliant achievement, but we need your help!

We want you to suggest ideas below for our fifth birthday. You might want a special mission, competitions, rewards and prizes. It's entirely up to you. The best idea (or ideas) will become the "Official Shadow Fleet Fifth Anniversary Celebration."

What would you like to see this Shadow Fleet Day?

Could do a little spoof mission.

[spoiler]
Plot line:

The crew of the USS Enterprise are called back to Earth after a discovery is made underneath San Francisco. When they arrive, they find a number of stasis pods from the 20th/21st century. When they open the pods, the find a number of actors.

William Shatner, Leonard Nimoy, DeForest Kelly, James Doohan, Nichelle Nichols, George Takei, Walter Koenig and Majel Barrett-Roddenberry.

After it is discovered they know alot about current technology, despite being in stasis, the actors are brought aboard the USS Enterprise. After showing them around the ship, James Doohan access the ships main database and finds an "Easter Egg." Inside, is the DNA make up for a person called Gene Roddenberry.
[/spoiler]

Just a little idea that Petr and I came up with.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Shelaf Greegy

I'll have a think about it.

How about a mission set back near the start of the fleet, with the Monitor and the Nova-class Discovery etc?

John Brown

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on July 10, 2011, 09:17:35 AM

I'll have a think about it.

How about a mission set back near the start of the fleet, with the Monitor and the Nova-class Discovery etc?

I remember those days and at the time an Admiral Richard Ransom came to the Fleet and brought an Highly Prototpye Soverigen class defiendly non-cannon two warp cores powering the ships i think was over kill but that was when we were still seeing how we wanted the fleet to be run those were the early days

Shelaf Greegy

The Great Tribble Hunt

When an Engineering officer's Tribble escapes, and starts reproducing at an outstanding rate, trouble ensues for the ships crew. However, when the tribbles start causing engineering failures, and a klingon Negh'Var turns up, demanding the crew turn over the empires "Arch Nemesis", things take a turn for the worse....

John Brown

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on July 16, 2011, 08:15:20 PM

The Great Tribble Hunt

When an Engineering officer's Tribble escapes, and starts reproducing at an outstanding rate, trouble ensues for the ships crew. However, when the tribbles start causing engineering failures, and a klingon Negh'Var turns up, demanding the crew turn over the empires "Arch Nemesis", things take a turn for the worse....

LOL< that sounds good or we could do sel'tek with a visit from a Doctor  ;)

Taras Cadenza

I have an idea for a special mission. It would be quite lengthy... Probably more like a mini-season to be honest.The details are sketchy, but I have a basic idea of the missions for the first three.

It would start off with Q's son transporting the crews of the USS Challenger and USS Discovery into one ship, the USS Enterprise NCC-1701-X, a class-less, shapeless cube of a ship, after having been encouraged by his father to take a new generation of humans and humanoids and put them to the test.

There would be 5 missions. One taking place during the Romulan War in the Enterprise-Era. the Enterprise morphing into an NX-Class. The Challenger crewmembers disappear, leaving only the Discovery's crew.

It soon becomes apparent to the crews that they are taking the place of the various Enterprise crews throughout time and space.  (Think Quantum Leap.)

The 2nd mission would take place in the late TOS/Movie-Era, with the Challenger crew. (It would alternate until Mission 5.) This would be a different mission-type, compared to the shoot 'em up-style of the ENT-era mission. The (now Constitution Refit Class) Enterprise, during its time as a training vessel, would be sent on an undercover mission with an unstable cloaking device, trying to find a rogue Starfleet officer in league with Romulans trying to sabotage the Federation-Klingon peace treaty.

The 3rd would be 36 years after the opening sequence of Star Trek: Generations. The Enterprise, (under the guise of the Excelsior Refit-Class Ent-B) would be on its final recorded mission into the Gourami Sector, having discovered a mysterious plague spreading throughout the ship.

The 4th Mission would be set aboard the Enterprise-E, during the climax of the Dominion War. I'm not sure what the Ent-E was doing during this. (Insurrection sure didn't show anything.)So we could be creative with this.)

And the final mission would be aboard the Enterprise J. The undiscovered, unknown, and pretty much limitless part of Trek mythos that is still guanteed to happen. :)

Just a thought anyway, feel free to shoot down. ^_^'

Kale Bridges

Whoa.... ummm

all I can say is...

HEEEELLLLLLLLLL YEEEEAAAAHHHHH.... for the last one anyway.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Michael Ferdinand

That is a brilliant idea! I would be more than willing to sign up for it.

Everything must be earned, for if it is given, there are no lessons learned.

Shelaf Greegy

Good idea, but theres no particular reason we need to take the place of the "Enterprise" crew. If the idea is to celebrate Shadow Fleet more, why don't we make it take place in past ships named "Discovery" or "Churchill"? We know there was an NX class called Discovery, and for the ones we don't have information on, we could just make it the same class as the "Enterprise" from that era.

John Brown

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on August 06, 2011, 08:32:30 PM

Good idea, but theres no particular reason we need to take the place of the "Enterprise" crew. If the idea is to celebrate Shadow Fleet more, why don't we make it take place in past ships named "Discovery" or "Churchill"? We know there was an NX class called Discovery, and for the ones we don't have information on, we could just make it the same class as the "Enterprise" from that era.

I like it its really good: and the Discovery we do know it and a other idea maybe we go back in time and see the Nova Class Discovery and we meet ourselfs

Kale Bridges

Quote from: Shelaf Greegy on August 06, 2011, 08:32:30 PM

Well, all of our missions practically rip off Star Trek anyway. That's what happens when you make a SIMM based on a show. I think it's only fair we actually use the Enterprise at some point.

I'm all for serving on the Enterprise... But no-one is allowed to replace Picard.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Connor Price

Yeah, but the point is, it then wouldn't be celebrating Shadow Fleet in my eyes, it would be celebrating Star Trek, which is what August is for.

John Brown

I do have a idea for the 5th year anniversary of shadow fleet is maybe we should post the old missions from The Repulse ,Port Royal, DS Discovery, so everyone might see old missions and see were we have been in 5 years

Shelaf Greegy

What would be the point? They're all archived for anyone to read...

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made film intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.