Author Topic: Season 1, Mission 01: Forgotten  (Read 26808 times)

Offline Alexander Clarke

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Re: Season 1, Mission 01: Forgotten
« Reply #60 on: June 29, 2011, 12:42:48 am »
As the ship left the spacedock, Cortez leaned across the small gap that seperated the two command chairs, propping himself up with his elbow on the armrest.

"What do you think we'll find when we get there, sir?"

"Hopefully nothing that can't be handled with a few strong words and demands for reparations," Clarke said as he scratched his chin in thought. "More plausibly is a brief shooting match between one of the most advanced ships in the fleet and a few outdated Klingon ships. Piracy has never been that big of a problem in the Federation though, so whatever happens, it should clean up fairly quickly."

"Sir, these ships were taken out of service about forty years ago because of a design flaw with their plasma coils, which enable them to cloak amongst other things.  Apparently the coils were so poor they produced such quantities of radiation that even cloaked the ship was lit up during a tachyon sweep."

Clarke sat up a little in his chair. "That's a good piece of intel to keep in mind. We can't take out of consideration the possibility that these pirates remedied those problems, however. They must have had a few nasty tricks up their sleeves, forcing the local law enforcement to call us in. They're generally rather suspicious when it comes to these things, it being their jurisdiction, their responsibility, etcetera, etcetera; calling Starfleet for help is tantamount to admitting defeat. Fortunately it's just going to be us this time around, so there isn't any red tape to deal with."

Offline Drax

• Suspended Account
  • Competent Member
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in August 2011. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #61 on: June 29, 2011, 03:24:07 pm »
He passed a cursory glance over the terminals in engineering.

As the ship began to move off, he enjoyed watching the figures steadily increase and then plateau.

The warp core swirled happily away to itself as the power demands increased.

=/\= "Computer, monitor all variances in the structural integrity field grid" =/\=

Grabbing a toolkit, he ratchetted a tricorder open with his finger and crouched under the closest console.

The panel clattered to the floor as the engineer gave it a sharp yank.

The tricorder chirruped and twittered as it logged the currents and charges passing through the exposed circuits.

He passed  the laser over a number of diodes and, after finishing the last join, the tricorder emitted a jovial sounding series of cheeps.

=/\= Engineering to Bridge =/\=
"We've just recalibrated the SIF field. Not sure entirely how this will affect the ships handling, she may get sluggish or twitchy, there's no way to know as she hasn't had a shakedown. We'll keep monitoring it down here, just give us a little warning before trying any fancy maneuvers. If it's not aligned right we could all very well end up as a greasy smear on the back wall. Other than that, full power is available at your command.
=/\= Engineering Out =/\=

Mk1: Would you stop breathing down my neck.
Mk2: My breathing is just a simulation.
Mk1: So is my neck, stop it anyway!

Offline Alan Christopher

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Chief Helm Officer, USS Discovery
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the B.O.R.G. Featured Mission:  The First Battle with the Borg: USS Valour Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #62 on: June 29, 2011, 09:32:47 pm »
"The only data we have is that they're piloting outdated Klingon Bird-of-Preys purchased from the black market," Clarke said. "No one has claimed responsibilities for the attacks and the Klingon High Council denies any affiliation with the attackers."

An beep from his armrest alerted Clarke to the Churchill's clearance to depart.

"Helm, disengage from dock and take us out, one-quarter impulse. Once we're clear, it's warp 8 until we reach our destination."

" Aye sir. Retracting docking clamps, clearing all moorings. Thrusters fired and separating from space dock. "

The Churchill glided out from her tethers, moving with the nimble speed expected of a ship her size. As they reached a safe distance from the spacedock, her nacelles adjusted, and she lept into warp. Lee noted of the smooth transition for such a new ship.

" We're in warp sir. Although it's taking longer than I would like to get to warp 8. "

Offline Petr Hajek

• Suspended Account
  • Competent Member
  • Commissioned Officer
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in August 2011.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #63 on: June 30, 2011, 05:31:02 am »
Once the journey to the border with Klingon space had started Lieutenant Osorio informed the captain that Ensign Beckwith would be replacing him on the Bridge as Lead Science Officer.

As soon as she arrived at the science station Danny excused himself and made his way to check on crewman Hajek.

cortez

« Reply #64 on: July 01, 2011, 01:30:42 pm »
Once the journey to the border with Klingon space had started Lieutenant Osorio informed the captain that Ensign Beckwith would be replacing him on the Bridge as Lead Science Officer.

As soon as she arrived at the science station Danny excused himself and made his way to check on crewman Hajek.

The journey at warp lasted several hours, during which Cortez managed to catch up on some paper work, exercise in the gym and deal with a couple of minor personnel issues. The Churchill dropped out of warp as it neared their destination.

"Helm, slow to one-quarter impulse power. Crewman Hajek, full scan please. We need to know what's out there."

Offline Petr Hajek

• Suspended Account
  • Competent Member
  • Commissioned Officer
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to any player present during the special mission in August 2011.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #65 on: July 01, 2011, 03:21:38 pm »
The journey at warp lasted several hours, during which Cortez managed to catch up on some paper work, exercise in the gym and deal with a couple of minor personnel issues. The Churchill dropped out of warp as it neared their destination.

"Helm, slow to one-quarter impulse power. Crewman Hajek, full scan please. We need to know what's out there."

Ensign Beckwith swung her seat round so the first officer could see her.

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant Commander." She uttered, confused.  "Mister Hajek is currently on deck five, having finished off making modifications to the secondary sensor gear. Would you like me to have him report to the Bridge.?

Offline Alexander Clarke

• Deceased/Retired
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organized SIMM. Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #66 on: July 01, 2011, 06:25:29 pm »
Ensign Beckwith swung her seat round so the first officer could see her.

"I'm sorry, Lieutenant Commander." She uttered, confused.  "Mister Hajek is currently on deck five, having finished off making modifications to the secondary sensor gear. Would you like me to have him report to the Bridge.?

Clarke walked out of his ready room once noticed the ship had dropped out of warp. He'd spent the first hour or so of the trip monitoring things on the bridge; upon the realization that nothing was going to happen, Clarke decided to wait the trip out in his ready room, where he'd at least have a desk to work on. It seemed Starfleet had the capacity to bury in paperwork anyone who wasn't 'busy' with something serious enough to avoid it.

As he took his chair, Clarke said, "I don't care who tells me what's out there as long as someone tells me right now. This is the last reported location of the pirate attacks as of several hours ago. Let's make sure nothing's still out there before we start poking around."

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #67 on: July 01, 2011, 07:00:22 pm »
Clarke walked out of his ready room once noticed the ship had dropped out of warp. He'd spent the first hour or so of the trip monitoring things on the bridge; upon the realization that nothing was going to happen, Clarke decided to wait the trip out in his ready room, where he'd at least have a desk to work on. It seemed Starfleet had the capacity to bury in paperwork anyone who wasn't 'busy' with something serious enough to avoid it.

As he took his chair, Clarke said, "I don't care who tells me what's out there as long as someone tells me right now. This is the last reported location of the pirate attacks as of several hours ago. Let's make sure nothing's still out there before we start poking around."

Reece ran a scan. "I can't detect anything sir. I don't like this sir. It's too calm. If this was the last recorded location they must've hidden."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Offline Alexander Clarke

• Deceased/Retired
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #68 on: July 01, 2011, 07:18:51 pm »
Reece ran a scan. "I can't detect anything sir. I don't like this sir. It's too calm. If this was the last recorded location they must've hidden."

"Run a scan for cloaked vessels and check for any warp trails leaving this location. We might be able to scare something up that we can follow."

Clarke watched the viewscreen for a few moments. He didn't expect to see anything, but it was fascinating to see the vast darkness ahead of them, dotted with tiny pinpoints of light from far-off stars and galaxies. The moment of distraction quickly disappeared as Clarke refocused on the situation.

"And keep an ear out for any distress calls as well. If we're lucky--and someone else isn't--we can catch the pirates during a raid. They haven't experienced any major confrontations yet, so they might be overconfident at the moment."

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
  • Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the Solen arc in 2013. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #69 on: July 01, 2011, 07:22:38 pm »
"Run a scan for cloaked vessels and check for any warp trails leaving this location. We might be able to scare something up that we can follow."

Clarke watched the viewscreen for a few moments. He didn't expect to see anything, but it was fascinating to see the vast darkness ahead of them, dotted with tiny pinpoints of light from far-off stars and galaxies. The moment of distraction quickly disappeared as Clarke refocused on the situation.

"And keep an ear out for any distress calls as well. If we're lucky--and someone else isn't--we can catch the pirates during a raid. They haven't experienced any major confrontations yet, so they might be overconfident at the moment."

"Aye sir." Reece said. He entered a few commands in his console and began a mid range scan using the improved sensors provided by crewman Hajek.

Seconds later his console notified him of a discovery. A warp trail. It was still moving. But the ship was cloaked.

"I've picked up a warp trail sir. It's fresh. Heading, 169 mark 089. It's moving away. Towards another vessel. No indications that they have detected them."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

Offline Petr Hajek

• Suspended Account
  • Competent Member
  • Commissioned Officer
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #70 on: July 02, 2011, 12:50:50 am »
"Aye sir." Reece said. He entered a few commands in his console and began a mid range scan using the improved sensors provided by crewman Hajek.

Seconds later his console notified him of a discovery. A warp trail. It was still moving. But the ship was cloaked.

"I've picked up a warp trail sir. It's fresh. Heading, 169 mark 089. It's moving away. Towards another vessel. No indications that they have detected them."

As Lieutenant Thompson ran the required scans Teresa knew duplicating the scans would be pointless, but there were other things that could be done.

=/\=Crewman Hajek, please report to the bridge=/\=

Ensign Beckwith didn't have to wait long long for Petr to make his way to the bridge, and with the turbolift doors open Hajek saw the Chief Security Officer acknowledge his presence; a quick nod of assent and Petr walked out onto the bridge and made his way to the Science Station.

Teresa Beckwith saw him standing by her side.

"Crewman, I need you at Science Two."  Petr spun around and stood at the station.  The console was already providing live data from the ship's array.

cortez

« Reply #71 on: July 02, 2011, 06:30:41 am »

Cortez and Clarke exchanged a quick glance.

"A Klingon ship."   he theorized, heading to Thompson's console to verify the readings.   "Lieutenant Christopher, lay in an intercept course, but don't make it obvious. We don't want to spook them."

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #72 on: July 02, 2011, 09:23:53 am »
Cortez and Clarke exchanged a quick glance.

"A Klingon ship."   he theorized, heading to Thompson's console to verify the readings.   "Lieutenant Christopher, lay in an intercept course, but don't make it obvious. We don't want to spook them."

"I recommend we go to yellow alert, sir." Reece said to either of the two command officers. "We know that the Romulans have been working on a fire-through-cloak system.
Not to mention, there was that incident with Captain Kirk when he fought a Klingon bird of prey that could do that. I don't want to get caught out by them sir."

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

cortez

« Reply #73 on: July 02, 2011, 05:32:33 pm »
"I recommend we go to yellow alert, sir." Reece said to either of the two command officers. "We know that the Romulans have been working on a fire-through-cloak system.
Not to mention, there was that incident with Captain Kirk when he fought a Klingon bird of prey that could do that. I don't want to get caught out by them sir."

Cortez looked across at Clarke who nodded back.

"Go to yellow alert, Mr. Thompson"  he ordered

Offline Kale Bridges

• Shadow Fleet Reserves
  • Applicant
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2011, 05:57:08 pm »
Cortez looked across at Clarke who nodded back.

"Go to yellow alert, Mr. Thompson"  he ordered

Reece entered the command and the lights all over the ship became a yellow hue.

"Shields raised sirs." He announced.

Formerly Reece Thompson
PokemonGo - TEAM MYSTIC

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles