News:

The Federation Ban on Synthetic Life has been lifted.

Main Menu

Season 1, Mission 02: Trapped

Started by cortez, July 12, 2011, 03:46:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Taras Cadenza

???

Quote from: Mike Cortez on July 31, 2011, 09:15:10 AM

The vent exit was in sight. Cortez took a quick glance behind him. Everyone was close by. They might actually do this. With one massive heave he pushed himself until he was in arms reach of their freedom. Kicking the lid off the vent, he crawled out and assisted Cadenza in doing the same.

His tricorder read less than two minutes. Tapping his com badge, Cortez hoped they had escaped the interference caused by the reactor.

"Cortez to Churchill, come in."

Cadenza was assisted out by Cortez, coughing and spluttering after the crewmen exited.

He watched as Cortez hit his combadge. He gasped a sigh of relief as the familar voice sounded from the combadge. He braced himself for the familiar feeling of his body being decomposed and regraded...

cortez

Quote from: Taras Cadenza on July 31, 2011, 10:03:44 AM

???Cadenza was assisted out by Cortez, coughing and spluttering after the crewmen exited.

He watched as Cortez hit his combadge. He gasped a sigh of relief as the familar voice sounded from the combadge. He braced himself for the familiar feeling of his body being decomposed and regraded...

"Acting Captain's log, stardate 65580.9. Though we were unable to locate the Captain - this time - we did manage to strike a major blow to the pirate forces, and recover some important intelligence. I just hope the Captain's location is among it."

Cortez sat outside the Admiral's office. He thought back to the ordeal he and his crew had endured and how it seemd a universe away amongst the pristine locale that was Starbase 83. The young blond ensign, the same one as before, worked away behind her desk glancing over occasionally in his direction. Cortez had a weakness for blonds.

A few more minutes past before he was permitted to see the Admiral. He stood in front of his desk, with a firm and professional posture.

"Admiral."  he began   "Have you read my report?"

kawolsky

Quote from: Mike Cortez on July 31, 2011, 10:35:42 AM

"Acting Captain's log, stardate 65580.9. Though we were unable to locate the Captain - this time - we did manage to strike a major blow to the pirate forces, and recover some important intelligence. I just hope the Captain's location is among it."

Cortez sat outside the Admiral's office. He thought back to the ordeal he and his crew had endured and how it seemd a universe away amongst the pristine locale that was Starbase 83. The young blond ensign, the same one as before, worked away behind her desk glancing over occasionally in his direction. Cortez had a weakness for blonds.

A few more minutes past before he was permitted to see the Admiral. He stood in front of his desk, with a firm and professional posture.

"Admiral."  he began   "Have you read my report?"

Kawolsky leaned back in his chair, placing a PADD down on his desk.

"I have, Commander. It makes for an interesting read. You have done a good thing. With any luck piracy in that sector will be considerably reduced. I'm sure the local authorities can manage the remnants."

cortez

Quote from: John Kawolsky on July 31, 2011, 10:37:43 AM

Kawolsky leaned back in his chair, placing a PADD down on his desk.

"I have, Commander. It makes for an interesting read. You have done a good thing. With any luck piracy in that sector will be considerably reduced. I'm sure the local authorities can manage the remnants."

"Yes, sir"  Cortez replied, somewhat concerned  "But that's not what I meant"

He relaxed a little, placing his hands in front of him, one over another.

"The data we obtained. Does it contain any useful information as to the Captain's whereabouts?"

kawolsky

Quote from: Mike Cortez on July 31, 2011, 10:39:14 AM

"Yes, sir"  Cortez replied, somewhat concerned  "But that's not what I meant"

He relaxed a little, placing his hands in front of him, one over another.

"The data we obtained. Does it contain any useful information as to the Captain's whereabouts?"

Kawolsky took a deep breath. He had a feeling this was still on Cortez's mind.

"No luck yet, I'm afraid..."  he replied  "...But I have our best people working on it"

He rose, walking over and placing his hand on Cortez's shoulder.

"We'll find him, Commander. You can be assured of that. Now, give yourself and your crew a rest. You deserve it for what you've done today."

cortez

Quote from: John Kawolsky on July 31, 2011, 10:42:54 AM

Kawolsky took a deep breath. He had a feeling this was still on Cortez's mind.

"No luck yet, I'm afraid..."  he replied  "...But I have our best people working on it"

He rose, walking over and placing his hand on Cortez's shoulder.

"We'll find him, Commander. You can be assured of that. Now, give yourself and your crew a rest. You deserve it for what you've done today."

Cortez managed to crack a smile.

"Yes, sir"

After nodding, he turned and headed out of the Admiral's office. As the doors close behind him, he stopped and thought to himself. Perhaps he was driving himself too hard. He knew they had to find the Captain, but right now there was nothing he could do until Starfleet Intelligence had decoded the data they recovered.

He sighed and turning to the pretty ensign, he asked with a smile,

"Are you busy tonight, Ensign?"

MISSION END: July 31 2011

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.