« Last post by Malcolm Adeyemi on Today at 03:27:28 PM »
Meteor hammer
The Arcade Board / Re: The First Thing That Comes To Mind
« Last post by Arrun Dihsar on Today at 03:26:15 PM »
Project Meteor
U.S.S Challenger [NCC-40117] / Re: S1E5 Brain Games
« Last post by Martin Jackson on Today at 03:04:02 PM »
[Bridge]
"Permission granted, mister Jackson. The only condition is, you must keep your comm channel open to the Bridge. Klaustrin, after the offensives have been detonated, scan for the least populated location, beam him there, and maintain a transporter lock at all times. With some luck, Engimeering will tell us we found a way to get out, or a way to destroy the shuttle, so I want your finger on that button, understood?"

"Thank you, sir!" Jackson replied, dashing to get the weapons ready.  Aside from the stun grenades, he also grabbed the highest-power phaser he could find, setting it to the heaviest stun setting available.  It only took a moment or two, and in another moment, they were going off inside the enemy vessel.  "Alright, it's your turn, Mr Klaustrin," he said, turning to him and preparing to beam up.
Holodeck / Re: Alys' Christening - Open to all
« Last post by Lek on Today at 02:05:40 PM »
"Just you watch, Lieutenant. That little girl will be brokering peace agreements between Bajor and Cardassia before even we know it. In the meantime, however, she'll need some negotiating skills training from her top Ferengi. Think you can help?"

Lek eyed Cleroux skeptically.

"All things are possible, but I doubt Doctor Vaughn would have must interested in me instructing her youngling on business and the Rules of Acquisition. Besides, she is feemale, it is unlikely she will have the Lobes for such things."
« Last post by Lek on Today at 01:48:26 PM »
[Engineering]

Lek worked rapidly, probably more rapidly than he'd ever worked as his rerouted power from everywhere he could find. Jennings and Goffraj quickly got the plasma flow regulated and this resulted in the discordant thrum of the warp core to smooth out, which in turn resulted in a small increase of power output.

"Yes, that's it, we may have enough juice left to turn the tables on whoever these intruders are!"

Lek pumped every erg of power they'd gained into the reverse polarization of whatever was holding the ship in place. The Challenger began to shake again as the two forces clashed and Lek made a decision he never thought he would have to make.

"Goffraj, remove the safeties on the plasma flow regulators. Jennings, increase the warp core to full power."

The Edoan crewman looked aghast at Lek.

"But Sir, that will lead to a power surge that could breach the core!"

Lek felt sick to his stomach, but he knew the options were running out to keep the ship out of the boarder's hands.

"Either we break out of this trap or we allow the Challenger to be captured. I will not allow the second option to occur, so we have to succeed at the first. Stand by your stations, keep the plasma flow as smooth as you can, but you are up to the task Mister Goffraj.

"Mister Jennings, keep the power increase smooth as you can as well, no more that one percent per five seconds. I will control the feed to the warp core via magnetic manipulation, it will take a deft hand, but we will either succeed in breaking free or we absolutely deny the boarder's their prize. In addition, with them locked in our tractor beam, if we go, they go."

The two crewmen looked skeptical, but they were Starfleet and they knew their duty. The thrumming of the warp core started to increase in tempo as more power came online. Lek carefully monitored the flow and his hands danced across the main warp power console rapidly as he adjusted the gentle increase in output. The thrumming slowly increased and the shaking became far worse.

"Father, if I have chosen the wrong path, the next ten minutes will tell, but I know that I will go before the Registrar of the Divine Treasury with the ability to bid for a prosperous afterlife with as clear a conscious as is possible for a Ferengi."
The Arcade Board / Re: The First Thing That Comes To Mind
« Last post by Malcolm Adeyemi on Today at 01:44:24 PM »
Oz
Holodeck / Re: Alys' Christening - Open to all
« Last post by Rhymus Cleroux on Today at 01:41:15 PM »
Lek kept his expression neutral as he replied.

"Height is not a sign of superiority Hewmon. Of all that you said, the only part I know I can agree on is that Doctor Vaughn is most capable for a Fee-male. This youngling faces more challenges than most because of her heritage and if anyone can succeed in her upbringing, it will be the good doctor."

"Just you watch, Lieutenant. That little girl will be brokering peace agreements between Bajor and Cardassia before even we know it. In the meantime, however, she'll need some negotiating skills training from her top Ferengi. Think you can help?"
U.S.S Challenger [NCC-40117] / Re: S1E5 Discussion
« Last post by Lizzie Vaughan on Today at 01:41:02 PM »
« Last post by Lizzie Vaughan on Today at 01:40:45 PM »
"Doctor, why is it we can never meet under less trying circumstances?"

Rhymus took cover with Vaughan, sending another blast down the corridor. The other Security personnel began pushing back the boarders, sending them away with pure density of fire rather than their accuracy.

"Apologies Doctor, the armory was running low even before I was there. Trade with me?" He gave her the Compression Rifle, taking her and the dead crewman's Type-2.

"Here's the plan. We'll fight to the Magazine and set up a forward post there. Additional Security should already be there to stop the invaders from blowing us to high hell. We'll hit any attackers from behind, and regroup there to come up with phase two of the plan."

He turned to rejoin the other Security members but glanced at the hulking corpse and turning back to the Doctor.

"Doctor... what the hell are these things?"

Deck 10

Lizzie gave a slight shrug before shaking her head.

"I have no idea. I have never come across any species that even vaguely resembles them. And only if you're sure!" She added, indicating the rifle. She did a quick check of the rifle and then nodded. "I'll follow your lead. We need to find a defensible position and the magazine would be the best bet." She added before firing at another of the boarders.
Crew of the Challenger,

This announcement is to say that the position of Ships Rep is now open.

If you are interested in the position, please PM myself or Jettis. If you have any questions about the role please post them below and they will be answered.

Ship Representatives:
- This is a PLAYER position.
- There will be one Representative per ship.
- These players are the voice of the crew to the administrative staff.  While the admins remain open to you coming straight to us, having the representatives allows you a degree of anonymity should you wish. 
- There will be a meeting once a month to discuss concerns and ideas.

Eligibility:
Any player (outwith admins), who has a character on the ship in question, may submit their candidacy to their commanding officer to be put to a vote.  HOWEVER you can only put your name down for ONE ship, no matter how many characters you have.  If it is found that you have submitted an application to more than one ship, all applications will be pulled.

Voting:
If you have a character on the ship in question, you have a right to ONE vote in the representative elections, even if you have more than one character on that ship. 

Nominations will be open for one week.

Good luck!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 ... 10
Top RP Sites Top RP Sites RPG-D Top 100 Original SciFi Sites Maelstrom: You create the galaxy TO INFINITY AND BEYOND