Author Topic: Lek reporting in 13 May 2017  (Read 138 times)

Offline Lek

• Probationer
  • User rating 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    32%
Lek reporting in 13 May 2017
« on: May 13, 2017, 05:55:28 PM »
Character Details

Character Name: Lek
Character Age: 25
Character DOB: 16 June 2769 Stardate: 46455.4
Character Image: There weren't any Ferengi at the listed site.
Character Species: Ferengi
Character Family: Father Vak. Still alive and still trying to figure out how he went so wrong as to raise a son that would join Starfleet. Father has yet to disown his son, as he holds out hope that some day after actually living with Hyumons, he will see his mistake and return to the proper pursuit of profit.

Mother Mishka Standard maternity rental with no attachments to Vak or Lek.

No siblings as his father couldn't afford additional maternity rentals.

Character Bio: Lek knew he was different from other Ferengi from a very early age. Most young boys his age were still sticking everything in their ears, dreaming of profits, and thought the Grand Negas as the paragon of what it was to be a Ferengi, Lek was fascinated by Nog, the first Ferengi in Starfleet. Lek kept close tabs on Nog, who by the time Lek reached the Age of Attainment of 16 was a lieutenant commander. Lek's father wailed in disappointment when Lek chose to apply to Starfleet, but was wise enough not to stand in his way if he ever wished to see his son again. Regardless of his Starfleet dreams, Lek respected his father and made certain that the 18th Rule of Acquisition - A Ferengi with no profit is no Ferengi at all, never applied to him. He worked hard and actually had a fine knack for investments and by the time he reached his maturity, he had acquired a respectable sum of 35 bars of gold pressed latinum.

Lek was accepted to Starfleet and graduated as an engineer five years ago. Despite his father's hope that living among hyumons would turn him away from Starfleet, doing so only increased his fascination with them and all the rest of the species that were part of the organization he truly loves serving.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Forty+ (No that's not a typo)
Department Preference: Engineering
Secondary Department Preference: Science
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Commissioned

Sample post:

"The Great Material Continuum hates me!" Lek exclaimed as he tried for the fourth time to align the plasma injectors to get the warp engines back up to proper specifications, but his flux coupler kept refusing to cooperate.

"That's what happens when you are the newest member of the repair team, everyone else gets first pick of tools and replicator allocations, leaving me with the tailings. Well, the 98th Rule of Acquisition - Every man has his price is going to serve me well.

=/\= "Computer locate Lieutenant Mandy Flores." =/\=

"Lieutenant Flores is in main engineering."

Crawling quickly out of the Jefferies Tube with the recalcitrant injectors, Lek went to his quarters and, using his pride and joy, espresso machine that he had painstakingly hand crafted, brewed up the lieutenant's favorite latte and brought it to her with as neutral expression as he could manage.

"Oh Gods, what is it now Lek?" Flores smiled as she caught a wiff of what was in the cup.

"Spiced pumpkin latte? Okay it's yours."

"Thank you Lieutenant. All I needed was a new flux coupler. Now back to work."

Lek crawled back to where he was working and purred.

"Alright now, just you and me....."

How did you find Shadow Fleet?

Alternate Character of Ian Galloway

Alt-Ian Galloway

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 205
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Fleet Facebook Page
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
Re: Lek reporting in 13 May 2017
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2017, 07:03:36 PM »
Lek,

A great application.

We can put you in the Engineering Department on the Challenger.

Please let me know it that will work for you.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Offline Lek

• Probationer
  • User rating 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    32%
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2017, 09:21:18 PM »
I'm totally cool with the Challenger!

Alt-Ian Galloway

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 205
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Fleet Facebook Page
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2017, 09:35:51 PM »
I'm totally cool with the Challenger!

Great, please report into Will Warning and Dylan Torngate for duty, Ensign.

Offline Lek

• Probationer
  • User rating 1
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    32%
« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2017, 09:37:14 PM »
Aye, aye Admiral!

Alt-Ian Galloway

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Shadowplay Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D