Author Topic: Mission 2.3 Moriarity  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Katheryn Carter

• Competent Member
  • User rating 8
  • The Gods will always smile on the brave women
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
Re: Mission 2.3 Moriarity
« Reply #85 on: May 19, 2017, 08:06:18 PM »
[Athena Medical Bay]

Katheryn had been relieved in some respects when there didn't seem to be too many severe cases appear in Sickbay and no doubt that was down to how quickly Caleb and the EMH had released the antidote through the ships air supply. She knew that they still had work to do to help those who had come in and after helping an unconscious Engineer who had collapsed near to her bed and stabilised him, she was about to move onto the next patient when she felt her legs go weak and stumbled. She managed to grab hold of something to stop herself from falling and hoped Caleb hadn't seen her otherwise she knew she would get a telling off.

Offline Caleb Brighton

• User rating 10
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #86 on: May 20, 2017, 04:04:57 AM »
[Athena Medical Bay]

Katheryn had been relieved in some respects when there didn't seem to be too many severe cases appear in Sickbay and no doubt that was down to how quickly Caleb and the EMH had released the antidote through the ships air supply. She knew that they still had work to do to help those who had come in and after helping an unconscious Engineer who had collapsed near to her bed and stabilized him, she was about to move onto the next patient when she felt her legs go weak and stumbled. She managed to grab hold of something to stop herself from falling and hoped Caleb hadn't seen her otherwise she knew she would get a telling off.

[Athena Medical Bay]
Caleb had just finished with one of the patients when he turned to look at Katheryn. He noticed she had grabbed onto something as if trying to catch herself. He ran over immediately. "You ok there Curious Kat?" Caleb asked. When Katheryn gave her answer, she began to stumble and Caleb caught her. "Alright misses... it's back to bed for you. I appreciate your help, but I want you better," He said. As Katheryn protested, Caleb placed his arms under her legs and carried her over to her medical bed. Katheryn wrapped her arms around his neck and they kissed for a moment before he placed her on the bed.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline D'Vid

• Competent Member
  • User rating 14
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
« Reply #87 on: May 20, 2017, 09:22:50 AM »
[Engine room]

D'Vid was side by side working along with Grog trying to repair the warp drive. There was something was not communicating. They are not aware that the dominion ship was having the problem with their shields and engines.

D'Vid was retouting the fusion layer energy to the secondary core that lead to the main line to the drive itself. The manual bleed was not working as plan. It was frustrating because they had the shields are up. He pulled out a Engineer scanner and scan he secondary core main lead that had seemed to burned out. That was something they could miss because it energy levels of leakage was low. So he went on repairing with much care not increase the burn out.

During all that he was biting his lower lip for trying tom relieve the pain he was going through. The mixture anti virus thing was doing the trick. He had to push forward cause some medics ca,e to attend the other engineers who were not used to this damage. They needed the other emgineers up.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Katheryn Carter

• Competent Member
  • User rating 8
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #88 on: May 20, 2017, 10:34:31 AM »
[Athena Medical Bay]
Caleb had just finished with one of the patients when he turned to look at Katheryn. He noticed she had grabbed onto something as if trying to catch herself. He ran over immediately. "You ok there Curious Kat?" Caleb asked. When Katheryn gave her answer, she began to stumble and Caleb caught her. "Alright misses... it's back to bed for you. I appreciate your help, but I want you better," He said. As Katheryn protested, Caleb placed his arms under her legs and carried her over to her medical bed. Katheryn wrapped her arms around his neck and they kissed for a moment before he placed her on the bed.

[Athena Medical Bay]

She should of known she wouldn't of gotten away with Caleb not noticing what had happened as he came rushing over to her and asked if she was okay.  Despite her protestations and defiance that she was perfectly fine, her body said otherwise when she stumbled again and knew he had seen straight through her when he then lifted her up and carried her over to the biobed. She wasn't about to argue with him and he was right she needed to be better. Enjoying the kiss they shared before he set her down and she looked up at him with a smile " What would I do without you ?" she said softly then reached up and unhooked the necklace taking her ring off and placed it in it's rightful place on her left hand. " Since I'm going to be here for a little longer it only seems right for me to put it where it belongs".

Offline Caleb Brighton

• User rating 10
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2017, 12:49:15 AM »
[Athena Medical Bay]

She should of known she wouldn't of gotten away with Caleb not noticing what had happened as he came rushing over to her and asked if she was okay.  Despite her protestations and defiance that she was perfectly fine, her body said otherwise when she stumbled again and knew he had seen straight through her when he then lifted her up and carried her over to the biobed. She wasn't about to argue with him and he was right she needed to be better. Enjoying the kiss they shared before he set her down and she looked up at him with a smile " What would I do without you ?" she said softly then reached up and unhooked the necklace taking her ring off and placed it in it's rightful place on her left hand. " Since I'm going to be here for a little longer it only seems right for me to put it where it belongs".

[Athena Medical Bay]

Caleb smiled at Katheryn's comment. Seeing the ring on her made him smile on the inside. He thought for a moment and responded. "I think I may need to get one as well. I'd love for us to match," He said. He then kissed her forehead before he got back to work helping Wendy, Al, and Ed help the worst of those hurt from the poison. Though the worst were under control, but there was still much to be done. His emotions were pushed in the back of his mind. He had hoped things were going to get better, because hope was all he had at the moment. Though he wished for a moment that he could know what was going on, that notion was quelled.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Katheryn Carter

• Competent Member
  • User rating 8
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2017, 09:54:45 AM »
[Athena Medical Bay]

Caleb smiled at Katheryn's comment. Seeing the ring on her made him smile on the inside. He thought for a moment and responded. "I think I may need to get one as well. I'd love for us to match," He said. He then kissed her forehead before he got back to work helping Wendy, Al, and Ed help the worst of those hurt from the poison. Though the worst were under control, but there was still much to be done. His emotions were pushed in the back of his mind. He had hoped things were going to get better, because hope was all he had at the moment. Though he wished for a moment that he could know what was going on, that notion was quelled.

[Athena Medical Bay]

His suggestion to get his own ring so they could match made her smile and she couldn't think of anything better " That would be wonderful Cal, once this is over that's what we'll do " she replied closing her eyes briefly at his touch as he then kissed her forehead. As much as she wanted this to be over so they could spend time together, she knew that he wouldn't rest until everyone still affected was well again and watched as he returned to work. She loved him dearly and as the effects of trying to do to much too soon started to take over, she settled back comfortably against the bed and allowed herself to rest.

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Senior Flag Officer
  • User rating 82
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #91 on: May 22, 2017, 03:06:59 AM »
[Foundation- Brig]
“That is checkmate Chelek'toran.” She said moving her piece into it’s final position, her eyes polite as she offered a graceful nod.
“I see... you are an interesting rat indeed Admiral.” He praised, “How did you do it?”
“Why I did exactly what you said.” Constance said politely surprised, “I occupied you and took the time you offered me.”
He smiled and sat back in his chair, casually tipping over his king in a sign of defeat.
“I suppose it can’t hurt to tell you.” She said, mimicking his words from when he first beamed her over, ”You see, I have not had the pleasure of studying a Vorta officer in real time. Sure, I’ve read everything we have on the Great Link but there is so much to be gained by seeing a response to stimuli.”
Aselon did not look pleased at this and scowled lightly before she continued.
“I took the time you graciously offered me between moved to work at cracking the encryptions on your ship’s communications systems. You presented them to me to show me the fate of my crew. I simply used my positronic implant to piggbyback on that. Eventually I was able to turn on and off communications. All that was required was... time.” Her words were polite but struck like ice to his heart. She had been an Operations officer for most of her career and accessing basic functions of an alien computer network had not been hard given the time she had. Every time he delayed was another opportunity for her to do so. She’d gotten low level access and send several conflicting reports to minor sub systems that eventually mounted in system failures. Now that they’d be looking for the problem- the crew of the Foundation wouldn’t have any problem getting them back up. She’d just turned off a light switch- they’d flip the switch any second.
“Fascinating...” Was all Aselon could say as he clapped his hands, “Now let me ask you Admiral. How does your cheese taste?”
Constance scowled, but just then a light surrounded her and she was beamed out of the brig, the admiral holding up her queen. “It was a pleasure playing with you.”

[Athena- Bridge]
The Captain materialized on the bridge, holding her opponent's king clutched in her hand.

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor
Character Biography

Offline Catrin Maddux

• User rating 24
  • Don't you forget about me.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    22%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who demonstrate consistent high quality posting skills. Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team.
« Reply #92 on: May 22, 2017, 02:04:44 PM »
[Posting as EMH]

[Athena Medical Bay]

[Sickbay]

The EMH rematerialized at the main computer terminal in Sickbay, still analyzing the results on the screen.

"Dr. Brighton, I've been monitoring the dispersion rate through the ship's internal environmental sensors as well as the crew's lifesigns. It appears to have been successful. I take it you have the situation here handled, as well as the romantic interludes?" The holographic Doctor did not turn from the console but the lightly sarcastic amusement was apparent. The Programmer had designed her with a quirky sense of humor, but little regard for tact at times.
Tell me your troubles and doubts. Giving me everything inside and out...

Offline D'Vid

• Competent Member
  • User rating 14
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
« Reply #93 on: May 22, 2017, 03:38:23 PM »
[Engineering]

D'Vid was cussing under his El-Aurian breathe. It was cursing from stress cause the warp drive was still not cooperating. "It is like a needle in a hay stack... you all doing great  for the problem by troubleshooting. We just try inch by inch and see what we can get. And please we will be able rest but the ship's shoulder is on our backs and the Admiral will admire us," be shot them all a smile. That was a shot of humor. "Remember we will get through this...so let's keep trying..." he looked at Grog who smiled and nodded his head. The Klingon was pleased. Then D'Vid said to the team as he was looking at Grog, "Qapla!"

Offline James Carter

• Competent Member
  • User rating 25
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    80%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer.
« Reply #94 on: May 22, 2017, 06:52:11 PM »
[Athena- Bridge]
The Captain materialized on the bridge, holding her opponent's king clutched in her hand.

[Bridge]

James offered a sly grin as the captain reappeared on the bridge. "Ah! Welcome back cap! I have to say, I was expecting to get the opening earlier. I did the old 'distraction bluff' to give you window and everything." Carter joked before looking back to the security station. "Te-uh Ms.Warren, let's give 'em hell yeah?" The officers command was met with a simple nod and a swift execution with the ships weapons firing almost immediately.

• Senior Flag Officer
  • User rating 82
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2017, 07:53:12 PM »
[Athena- Bridge]

Constance gave a curt nod to James, straightening out her already straight uniform.

"I merely took advantage of the opportunity you presented me with Mr. Carter." She explained rather passively, "That opportunity was well executed. Let's not waste the one I was able to provide in exchange."

She rolled the chess piece in her cybernetic hand. The little ridges of the cross biting into her skin dainty. It all felt... real. How odd.

"They will have their systems operational momentarily. Let us disable their primary energy transfer junction. It should disable their weapons for several minutes and greatly diminish them for an extended period of time. Then full impulse towards our starbase. Once they see our heading, I doubt they will pursue." She explained this with the same flat affect that a high school math teacher assigning homework on Friday afternoon might use. You'd never have guessed that she'd just been held hostage by the way she spoke.

Constance tapped in the location of the primary energy transfer junction on her PADD and sent the information to the tactical station directly. Then she sighed a little and gave a weak excuse for a smile,

"I saw how the crew handled themselves James." There was pride in her voice as she spoke,
 "They performed beyond their Chelek'toran's expectations... as did you with that little self-destruct stunt."

Character Biography

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Competent Member
  • User rating 18
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    74%
  • Awards Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
« Reply #96 on: May 22, 2017, 11:09:58 PM »
[Athena - Bridge]

Ash stared with her jaw slightly agape and her eyes wide as the Captain materialized on the Bridge. A relieved smile started slowly spreading across her face until she was positively beaming. After the Captain and the Commander seemed to have the situation in hand, Ash bounded forward and gave the Captain a brief hug, quickly backing away and hugging her arms around herself instead. As happy as Ash was to see her, she knew the Captain wasn't the touchy-feely sort and wanted to respect her space.

"I'm glad you're back, Captain. You're okay? I hope you - wait. Is that... a chess piece?" Ash's head tilted slightly to the right, her earlier path of conversation forgotten, as she looked at the small item in Constance's palm. It was a surprisingly mundane souvenir for a hostage experience, and Ash's couldn't help but wonder what the Captain had been up to during her time on the other ship.

• Senior Flag Officer
  • User rating 82
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #97 on: May 23, 2017, 03:36:36 AM »
[Athena- Bridge]

Constance gave Ash the half smile she reserved for the mess hall manager and morale officer. She held out the piece to her, “Here. Take it as a souvenir. While you were over here playing his games, I played a different game with him. His choice for me was chess. As you seemed to have bested him, I thought it would have been in poor taste to lose.” She explained.

Was that a little bit of an... ego?

Character Biography

Offline Ashlynn Ren Morgaine

• Competent Member
  • User rating 18
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    74%
  • Awards Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
« Reply #98 on: May 23, 2017, 04:28:58 AM »
[Athena- Bridge]

Constance gave Ash the half smile she reserved for the mess hall manager and morale officer. She held out the piece to her, “Here. Take it as a souvenir. While you were over here playing his games, I played a different game with him. His choice for me was chess. As you seemed to have bested him, I thought it would have been in poor taste to lose.” She explained.

Was that a little bit of an... ego?

[Athena - Bridge]

Ash looked at the offered piece with wide eyes but made no move to grab it just yet. Instead, she fumbled for words as she met the Captain's gaze once more. "Wait, me? I couldn't... Are you - are you sure?" It was just a small, inconspicuous game piece, but Ash felt almost honored at the Captain's offer; in a way, that king was a war trophy of sorts.

Her eyebrows shot up a little at the Captain's uncharacteristic moment of self-admiration, but Ash's smile never faltered. Nodding at the Captain, she responded, "Losing would have been very poor form. Definitely," though her voice had an slight undercurrent of facetiousness, hinting at the laughter she was likely suppressing. She took a brief breath and returned to seriousness before continuing, "He had it coming. Let's just hope that he's not a poor loser."

Offline Caleb Brighton

• User rating 10
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #99 on: May 23, 2017, 04:35:57 PM »
[Posting as EMH]
[Sickbay]
The EMH rematerialized at the main computer terminal in Sickbay, still analyzing the results on the screen.

"Dr. Brighton, I've been monitoring the dispersion rate through the ship's internal environmental sensors as well as the crew's lifesigns. It appears to have been successful. I take it you have the situation here handled, as well as the romantic interludes?" The holographic Doctor did not turn from the console but the lightly sarcastic amusement was apparent. The Programmer had designed her with a quirky sense of humor, but little regard for tact at times.

[ Athena Medical Bay ]

Caleb had been jotting something down in his notebook at that point. He was thankful for the EHM'S input. He gave a small chuckle at her comment. "Thank you for the update.Yes I have it handled quite well or so that ring on her finger says so,"Caleb quipped back. He then looked over and smiled at Katheryn. She wasn't relaxing and he was so very thankful that she was stabilized and doing alright.

" =/\= Doctor Brighton to the bridge. The Doctor has informed me that there's a light at the end of the tunnel.  The ones who were hit the worst are stabilized and will be ok. I will inform you of any updates =/\="

Offline D'Vid

• Competent Member
  • User rating 14
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #100 on: May 23, 2017, 05:00:02 PM »
[Engineer]

They found the problem. Sadly, there's a burned out meltro caliber which short circuit or burn out. It was fixable but it would take a good amount of time. The flex disc assurrant was totally destroyed. There was no way they could replicate the parts cause the fusion rings was to complicated and it was delicate work that had to be down by a man or a few team members of Engineering, unless they can rebuild with the equipment they had. That alone would take time but cut the wait time by 8 hours min.

=^=Engineering to Bride, Petty Officer D'Vid update on warp drive, sir, it's not good. The flex disc assurant was damage by a over power by the Borg engine. We estimate it will take 30 hours to get her back up and we got a build a piece which might bring it down to 22 hours. So worst scene is we are can't run or sprint but we can stroll until we get her back up and running.=^=

Offline Katheryn Carter

• Competent Member
  • User rating 8
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #101 on: May 23, 2017, 08:23:22 PM »
[Athena- Bridge]

Constance gave a curt nod to James, straightening out her already straight uniform.

"I merely took advantage of the opportunity you presented me with Mr. Carter." She explained rather passively, "That opportunity was well executed. Let's not waste the one I was able to provide in exchange."

She rolled the chess piece in her cybernetic hand. The little ridges of the cross biting into her skin dainty. It all felt... real. How odd.

"They will have their systems operational momentarily. Let us disable their primary energy transfer junction. It should disable their weapons for several minutes and greatly diminish them for an extended period of time. Then full impulse towards our starbase. Once they see our heading, I doubt they will pursue." She explained this with the same flat affect that a high school math teacher assigning homework on Friday afternoon might use. You'd never have guessed that she'd just been held hostage by the way she spoke.

Constance tapped in the location of the primary energy transfer junction on her PADD and sent the information to the tactical station directly. Then she sighed a little and gave a weak excuse for a smile,

"I saw how the crew handled themselves James." There was pride in her voice as she spoke,
 "They performed beyond their Chelek'toran's expectations... as did you with that little self-destruct stunt."

[Athena Bridge]

Posting as Tactical NPC - Ensign Laura Martin

Laura had been assigned to the auxiliary tactical station after Lieutenant Carter was taken to Sickbay and during the whole situation with the Vorta had remained where she was monitoring the systems and ready to use weapons when ordered. She was relieved when the Captain returned to the ship and not long after received the information on their target. Laura looked forward to being the one who got to do this and immediately locked on to the primary energy transfer junction.

" Weapons locked on Captain, firing now to disable them " she announced as she fired and soon had confirmation that they had been successful.

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Shadowplay Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D