Author Topic: S1 - Mission 7: The Collector  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Daniel Howell

• Competent Member
  • User rating 26
  • Chief Engineer - Starbase Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    44%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years.
Re: S1 - Mission 7: The Collector
« Reply #85 on: May 17, 2017, 12:02:15 AM »
An alert Knox had set for space disturbances pinged.

"Computer, display visual around the Station on the view screen."

She stood up and walked over to the view screen. For a moment she thought that the Collector had changed position but was surprised to find all nearby vessels had clustered.  That is a good sign. Fewer escape pods were drifting, though also noticed fewer drones. The Hope was in orbit and holding position.

=/\= Knox to Commander Soreka. Please update on flight trajectory and coordinates for Station move. Pilot briefing is at 0800. The Hope is standing by with a fully operational tractor beam. =/\=

=/\= Knox to Commander Howell. All pilots shall be convening on the promenade at 0800 hours for your briefing, Sir. Awaiting Station flight path coordinates. =/\= 

It felt great to be standing. As Knox paced and stretched, she wondered what the Collector was looking for. She viewed the artifacts, personnel and items reported missing. They were just too eclectic, too random. It was as if the Station were a shop being browsed. Her investigations were stalling. There had been no previously logged encounters with the Collector ever reported.

"Computer. Set up alerts for subspace, temporal and particle disturbances on the Station. And send message on all wavelengths and frequencies: 'What do you want?' "
Operations
Still working hard in Operations, Howells attention was pulled by some new developments. The change in location of ships was troubling, but what they needed. He turned to Knox who had requested his attention. "Ok Cadet, judging by the new developments, we'll be hauling the base heading 274 mark 3, get those bearings to Commander Zoreka." The briefing was coming up so Howells plan was to make way to the briefing once his orders were acknowledged.

Offline T'Prina

• User rating 21
  • Learn as if you were to live forever.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    20%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
« Reply #86 on: May 17, 2017, 01:15:26 AM »
[Sickbay]

"Green." Hust insisted, as the man protested. He complained of stomach cramps, abdominal pain, a tingling sensation and having trouble breathing, anything to get in a different line and out of his job. Eventually Hust just walked away, having logged the person in the green queue. He looked up and saw the Vulcan scientist... and unconsciously put a hand on his forehead, recalling a rather nasty bump from a ceiling tile.

"Can I help you, Ma'am?" He asked, having to acknowledge the rank of the Vulcan, at one step above his own. He didn't respond to the jab, but all it did was inflame his anger against Jett even more. Just the mention of activities he was involved with.

This would be a long day.

[Sickbay]

T'Prina crossed her arms, but her slight amusement showed with a glint in her eyes. The ensign was prickly, but she just had to prod him the right way to get a response.

"You are the lawyer who keeps tabs on Captain Thomas Jett. When we, indirectly met, I found it rather curious that a JAG lawyer would accompany a security detachment and wave a phaser around. Somewhat outside of protocol." She uncrossed her arms and walked around him, judging him with a sidelong glance.

"I need your help. I have been unable to locate Jett with the computers and he is not answering his personal comm device." It was a last ditch effort, but even if the lawyer didn't know where Jett was, he might have an idea of where to look.

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Offline Thomas Jett

• User rating 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    28%
« Reply #87 on: May 17, 2017, 02:24:36 AM »
[Dream Sequence]

Jett imagines he was on Earth, on the beach with his wife.  The scene looked familiar as he remembered this particular beach.  He and his wife would visit the beach especially after he had a rough week flying or training individuals how to fly. 

He looked at his wife as a person brought her a small beverage.  He looked at the sun and felt the breeze coming through his hair.  He smiled as he admired how pretty she looked and how lucky he was to marry her.  Truth be told he would not be the person he was today if it were not for her.  She was his strength, the person that was his moral backbone, the person that protected him even from himself.  He loved her with all his heart.

Jett sat next to her staring at the ocean.  He could hear the rhythm sound of the waves.  Staring at them, he smiled and said to her.

“This is perfect,”  Jett said as he touched the warm sand with his hands. “I wish I could stay here forever”  he continued.

“You’re right it is perfect, Tom.  We can stay here for as long as you like”  She responded

Jett smiled and held her hand.  “Nothing matters anymore, as long as you are here, with me,”  Jett said

“You have changed, Tom”  she noted “The Thomas Jett I knew, would have never given up so easily,”  She said.

Tom looked at her directly into her sunglasses and responded with a smile “Yeah, and what did it get me?...All I wanted is for us to be together, to have a family and children.  To live old and gracefully with you on my side…that’s all I’ve ever wanted…and I have that here”

She responded “Then you are a coward…hiding, the man I’ve married would never hide in this”

Jett then responded, “I am a coward?”

His wife then lowered her sunglasses and responded “Yes, ever since my disappearance you have used me as an excuse”

Jett answered “As an excuse?…You are the person that was my consciousness, you were the one that helped me pass science, you are the one that keeps me grounded, I could have never been what I was without you…and once you left…I was left incomplete”

His wife then answered “All the medals…all the victories and defeat were yours.  Do you feel defeated?”

Jett answered “Yes”

The Wife responded “Even in your darkest moments the universe brings you light…the end of your career, my disappearance are stepping stones for the future, Tom.  Look at the people you have saved, and the people you need to save”

Jett said, “I don’t care, the universe has given me nothing but pain and suffering, why bother?”

The wife said “Because the Tom Jett…I know would do the right thing, would no give up, would save lives even if the universe or no one else cares about yourself.”

Jett says “As much as I want to sleep, I need to wake up?”

Wife says “No, you can rest, but people depend on you.  Starfleet did not make you who you are.  Your heart did”

Jett says “I need to do this…and I need to be there…I promise T’Prina to liberate those slaves and I can’t let her down…”

Wife asked, “Who is this T’Prina?”

Jett responded “Probably the only person that believes in my heart”

Wife responded “Good, I love you, Tom.  I wish you can stay with me, but your path is not next to my side anymore…do what you need to save them.  ”

Jett responded “Maybe…I’m not alone.  I will save them.  Goodbye my love”

[Collector’s Ship]

Jett woke up his pinky finger was on the whole that he figured some sort of gas was coming in.  He looked at the ceiling and noticed it was made out of glass.  His vision was a little blurry but getting more stable.

From the edge of his side, he grabbed his trusty pulse pistol and began shotting at the crystal.

*PEW* PEW* PEW*

As the oxygen of the ship entered his chamber he began feeling better and more alert.  Using his leg he kicked up the tank where he was staying and began looking at the area. 

As he looked around Jett said to himself “What the hell?”  He sat in his Pod shocked at his surroundings.

Offline Marco Benitez

• User rating 12
  • New Sheriff in Town
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    28%
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2017, 02:53:26 PM »
 Evacuation Levels

Marco was slightly embarrassed when Captain Stafford showed up and he was being inundated with civilians.  He knew from personal experience that one did not manhandle civilians like one would a criminal.  It tended to bite the security officer in the ass and he had his hands full at the moment to be reprimanded.  So, instead, he used all of his stored up energy to stay as calm and collected as possible; although, the idea of bashing heads in seemed very tempting at the moment.   

He was shocked when someone jumped him and he struggled to get the wiry man off of him without causing the older man damage.  Again, it was way too easy to resort to brute violence and Marco held back.  He was more than relieved when Tritter took the man off him and began to call for calm.  With a growl Marco informed the security ensign next to him that he had to go change.   It had come to the point where his uniform was torn and if he did not get changed soon there may be trouble for him.  The last thing he wanted was to call more attention to himself.  The ensign nodded and Marco pushed his way out of the crowd. 

Once out of the melee, Marco took a deep breath and leaned his hand against a bulkhead until he steadied himself.   He studied his torn uniform and tried to cover up the exposed skin and was grateful that no one was around to witness what a mess he was at the moment.  So far, the day was going horrible…what else could go wrong? 

Hi, I'm Matt and I'm a radar technician.

Offline Katharoz Knox

• Probationer
  • User rating 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    36%
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2017, 05:00:39 PM »
[Ops]

"Acknowledged, Sir."

=/\= Knox to Commander Soreka. Station move base heading of 274 mark 3. Please confirm course trajectory. =/\= 

Knox then updated Starfleet of the current situation. Was asked if personnel continued to disappear, yes, and if a Station move was imminent, yes. She proposed that StarFleet consider a rendezvous point at the new location. Her logic being that the Collector technically would no longer pose a threat there and stressed how urgent the need for assistance was on the Station. They responded that they would consider the request.

She began pacing again. Being honest with herself, she desperately wanted to figure this out. Not because that was simply her personality, but for her symbiont. An unjoined female Trill had been taken already. But what if? The thought made her feel spacesick. Though not because she would die soon afterwards, more so the strongest of any natural desire to do everything and more to protect them from harm. Nothing compared to the bond, loyalty and love she had for her symbiont. All of her previous hosts agreed.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2017, 09:17:03 PM by Katharoz Knox »

I hope you are not holding back because I am a woman. If it makes things any easier, think of me as a man. I have been one several times.

Offline Hust Kinun

• User rating 15
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    32%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
« Reply #90 on: May 18, 2017, 12:03:28 AM »
[Sickbay]

T'Prina crossed her arms, but her slight amusement showed with a glint in her eyes. The ensign was prickly, but she just had to prod him the right way to get a response.

"You are the lawyer who keeps tabs on Captain Thomas Jett. When we, indirectly met, I found it rather curious that a JAG lawyer would accompany a security detachment and wave a phaser around. Somewhat outside of protocol." She uncrossed her arms and walked around him, judging him with a sidelong glance.

"I need your help. I have been unable to locate Jett with the computers and he is not answering his personal comm device." It was a last ditch effort, but even if the lawyer didn't know where Jett was, he might have an idea of where to look.

[Sickbay]

Hust looked up at the name. "I do not... keep tabs on Jett. That requires a court order, and I am not in the habit of spying on other citizens." He said, as he analyzed another patient. Green. In point of fact, he had several 'tabs' keeping in on Jett... Legal and otherwise. It had become quite the unhealthy obsession.

"Why do you think I'd have any idea where another Federation citizen is?" he asked, as he sighed and leaned against a wall. "And why do you want to find him?"

Offline T'Prina

• User rating 21
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    20%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the winner of the bi-annual crew choice poll.
« Reply #91 on: May 18, 2017, 01:28:16 AM »
[Sickbay]

Hust looked up at the name. "I do not... keep tabs on Jett. That requires a court order, and I am not in the habit of spying on other citizens." He said, as he analyzed another patient. Green. In point of fact, he had several 'tabs' keeping in on Jett... Legal and otherwise. It had become quite the unhealthy obsession.

"Why do you think I'd have any idea where another Federation citizen is?" he asked, as he sighed and leaned against a wall. "And why do you want to find him?"

[Sickbay]

T'Prina snorted derisively, an oddly delicate and almost ladylike sound. "Offhand I would say because you appear to have an unhealthy, obsessive personality. You became illogically irritated and defensive when I broached the subject of Jett and any surveillance you may have on him. Also as a lawyer it would be prudent to keep him under your thumb. The man is a hazard." She mimicked his stance against the wall and sighed.

"As for why I'm looking for him? I have matters to discuss with him. I am his... Wife. In a matter of speaking." The Vulcan cleared her throat, still disturbed by the prospect. Ferengi law was clear on the matter however, and since the Starbase was now host to a delegation of the toadmen, their laws had to be acknowledged.

If you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth.

Offline Naira

• User rating 9
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
« Reply #92 on: May 18, 2017, 04:43:12 AM »
[Dream Sequence]

One. Two. Three. Four.

One. Tow. Three. Four.

She broke out into a full run, leaped into the air and landed on the ball of her foot. Naira rose up to her toes and lifting one bent knee, she shifted her weight and spun around on one leg. She lifted her bent leg up into the air behind her, straightening it to a point and dipped her head and opposite arm before her.

There was no music and yet she continued to dance. Many bright colored ribbons wrapped around her, twisting and turning as she moved. There was no floor beneath her feet, nor walls around her or ceiling above. There was nothing but darkness, but she continued to dance. She made one final spin and took a bow.

When she stood up, she was standing in her quarters with her three daughters gathered around. She pulled them into a hug. "I love you mommy," Lurels said. Naira bent over and kissed the little girl on the forehead.

Then, she was standing in sickbay. A man she didn't recognize was laid out on a biobed before her. She stood over him with a laser scalpel in hand. Her daughters were still gathered around her, watching her as she operated on the man. Over time, they were joined by more children; first there were five, then seven, ten and then more than fifteen. She bent over to make an incision and her stomach swelled to fill in the gap between them. A bald, green, little toddler sat perched on her hip and tugging on her hair.

"Incredible work you've done! Your research is brilliant, the advancements you've made..." A man was shaking her hand and handing her some kind of award. Applause broke out. She was in the middle of a thank you speech when the toddler on her hip started to cry.

"Mommy! Mommy! Mommy..." dozens of voices cried out. Children of all ages started begging for attention, asking for favors or crying because their wants and needs weren't being met. Their many demands meshed together into to an incomprehensible uproar that had her covering her ears to drown out the sound. 

She bent over to slice open the patient's abdomen and out poured an endless mass of wiggling worms that slid off the table and pooled on the floor.

[Evacuation Decks]

Three scared and utterly confused Orion girls were being shuffled about by a woman they had just met. There was talk of an evacuation, but it was unsure where they would go. They knew no other home since leaving Botchok, a place they knew they could never return to. Other than the woman who had taken them in, they had no other family. They had no friends.

In the rush of panic gripping the station, no one had thought to stop and explain to them what was to happen. For all they knew, they could be placed upon a shuttle and dropped off at the nearest auction, never to see each other again.

[Sickbay]

Despite the chaos, Lunn thought he was handling the situation quite well. No fights had broken out over waiting times and the long lines to see a doctor. Most of the patients simply needed a reassuring voice to tell them that everything was going to be fine or a simple quick patchup from a scrap they encountered in the heat of panic. Other crewmen with basic medical training had come in offering their assistance and the amount of time between patients was decreasing.

While he would have preferred to be seeing to patients himself, he found his role shifted to directing traffic between lines and restocking supplies, when not issuing orders. If this is what it meant to run a department, Lunn was glad that he was but a lowly ensign normally overlooked when it came to such responsibilities.   
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:47:18 AM by Naira »

Offline Marco Benitez

• User rating 12
  • New Sheriff in Town
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    28%
« Reply #93 on: May 18, 2017, 01:51:03 PM »
Crew Quarters

There was no denying what feelings were stirring through the tall crewman as he stomped through the corridors; the look on his face was plain enough.  No one messed with Marco or tried to talk to him in any form or fashion.  If the scowl on his face wasn’t enough, surely the torn uniform and messy dark hair would help.   It was for the best because Marco was in no mood, not that he ever was in a mood but today had been particularly bad. 

He entered his quarters and sighed as the doors swished close behind him.  After collecting himself for a few moments he made his way to his bedroom to quickly change before heading back to work.  It was as he was walking out; straightening his uniform that he noted something was off in his room.  Marco looked around; scanning the area with critical dark eyes until he realized what was missing.   

The tea service that his father had left him was gone.  He knew he had placed it on top of his small dining table before he left.  “Computer, has anyone been in my quarters?”  The crewman asked but he already knew the answer. 

=^= Negative.  No one has been inside your quarters.  They have remained locked since you left at 0545 hundred hours today. =^=

He had always tried to sympathize with the people that came to him on burglary charges but never really had been robbed himself.  Not that he had many things of great value.  The robbery left him feeling a little vulnerable and he didn’t like it.  He would have to be more sympathetic.   Still, who would want that ugly old tea service?  Marco shrugged his lips and didn’t really care either way.  Yes, it was a family heirloom but it wasn’t anything he would be devastated losing. 

’Oh well, maybe whoever stole it could really use it?  Good riddance!

He perked up a bit after that.  Marco did not really know what to do with such a thing and whoever stole it had actually done him a favor.  The tall crewman left his quarters with a lesser scowl and a little bit of a bounce to his steps which he quickly stifled.  Perhaps the day wasn’t a total loss…..?

Offline Hust Kinun

• User rating 15
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    32%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
« Reply #94 on: May 18, 2017, 02:17:31 PM »
[Sickbay]

T'Prina snorted derisively, an oddly delicate and almost ladylike sound. "Offhand I would say because you appear to have an unhealthy, obsessive personality. You became illogically irritated and defensive when I broached the subject of Jett and any surveillance you may have on him. Also as a lawyer it would be prudent to keep him under your thumb. The man is a hazard." She mimicked his stance against the wall and sighed.

"As for why I'm looking for him? I have matters to discuss with him. I am his... Wife. In a matter of speaking." The Vulcan cleared her throat, still disturbed by the prospect. Ferengi law was clear on the matter however, and since the Starbase was now host to a delegation of the toadmen, their laws had to be acknowledged.

Hust looked at her, confused. "I'm not obsessed..." He said, in the kind of denial way that all but confirmed that he had an unhealthy obsession with Jett. "And he is a hazard but I'm in no way saying I have any kind of surveillance on him. Because I don't. None." He said, trying desperately to cover and failing at it so spectacularly. She also wasn't acting very "Vulcany", which was odd for someone of her particular hear points.

"He's your WHAT?" Hust exclaimed softly. "Y..you're kidding, right?" he asked, a laugh starting to wrack his body. "I... I'm sorry but that's funny," he said, as he turned away to try and compose himself. When he did so he turned back. "Well I can try and see what I find, but as I said I don't know. Good luck with that Marriage, Ma'am."
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 02:17:49 PM by Hust Kinun »

Offline Thomas Jett

• User rating 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    28%
« Reply #95 on: May 18, 2017, 04:05:54 PM »
[Collector’s Ship – Pod Room]

Jett climbed out of his pod after his dramatic escape.  As he jumped out of the pod he felt that his knees and feet were weak.  He figured that it was probably a side effect of whatever they were giving him to keep him sedated. 

He looked around and said to himself “What the hell?”

Jett stood a second shocked at the inside of the ship.  He opened his mouth in disbelief.  The image was awesome and terrifying.  Jett saw Pods and Pods located everywhere as far as the eye could see.  He felt his heart leap as he was genuinely scared.  He had never encountered something like this before. 

The feeling that he was something so insignificant and small in something much larger donned on him.  As much as he felt helpless and wanted to give up, he could not do so.  He needed to move forward find a way out. 

For a second he began wondering “What if Anna and the crew of the Icarus is here” 

With his Pulse Pistol at hand, he began securing the area.  Jett figured that firing his pulse pistol would have triggered some sort of alarm.  But there was no one around.  The area seemed quiet and eerie. 

He began walking slowly and looking at the pods, they were so many it was overwhelming.   Jett felt his hand getting a little wet from the sweat and anticipation.  He was used to combating and fighting and the fact that no one has appeared made him feel paranoid like someone or something was going to ambush him.

Using his hand he wiped the dew out of the pods.  The first one looked like a Civilian, female.  Jett’s instinct was to free her but he wonders how much help she would be.  As much as he wanted to do this himself he needed help.  He needed a scientist.  If he began opening every single Pod there was the risk that the situation would turn into chaos.

He approached the second Pod, as he wiped the dew out.   He slightly recognized the individual.  The had green skin, dark eyes, and dark hair.  She was also wearing a Starfleet Uniform.  From the look of it blue.  He thought he remembered her, she was on the Amazon with him.  She seemed competent and kept her cool under pressure a trait that he would need if they were going to survive or escape this ordeal. 

Jett looked at the console next to the pod and realized,  that he was a pilot/captain, not a doctor.  He did not know how to work these controls.   He knew the theory from Starfleet Academy that if you press the wrong combination or the wrong chemicals you would kill the person inside the Pod. 

He looked at his pulse pistol and said to himself “Well at least I have the master key”

Jett picked his pulse pistol and aimed that what he thought was a gas area, around the same place that he placed his pinky finger.  He fired one shot and it was dead on.  That was one of the reasons why he liked that pistol, he was quick and deadly accurate.

He looked at the top and Pod and the began shooting his pulse pistol.  He made well timed and placed shots in order to crack the top of the pod.  He approached and looked inside the pod.  He noticed the female woman sleeping inside.

Jett looked at her as he gently attempted to tap her face cheeks in order to wake her up.  Jett then gently said “Hey…hey... wake up sleeping beauty”  He continued.  “Ahh, don’t tell me I need to wake you up by giving you a kiss by prince charming,”  Jett said
« Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 04:10:11 PM by Thomas Jett »

Offline Michael J. Tritter

• Competent Member
  • User rating 32
  • Don't trifle with Tritter
    • MSN Messenger - MichaelJTritter@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Flaadhun
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - MichaelJTritter@yahoo.com
    • View Profile
    • Michael J. Tritter on RP Repository
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    60%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years. Awarded in January and July by the executive officer to a player of their SIMM.
« Reply #96 on: May 19, 2017, 12:17:43 AM »
[Location: Tritter-Murphy family quarters and The Collector Stasis' bays]

Ryan had been taken off the Columbus... The means was strange, he felt a presence around him, a cold and dark presence took over the area around him, he felt the presence of many who were like him around him, before he was taken out of the area he had been around... He appeared somewhere else, somewhere foreign, he was in some type of pod... His mind immediately went into panic mode, but his lengthy career in law enforcement had taught him how to control his mind. He took a few deep breaths, when he inhaled, whatever it was, it was super cold and it was serving to lower his body temperature. He was in a large, clear walled "bubble", that was attached to the center of the vessel, there was literally thousands of other vessels around him, each with one person in it. He was truly curious as to what they were using them for.

He knew he needed to at least raise some kind of red flag, before he believed he would be unable to do so. He knew Michael had a base full of people to keep safe and he didn't want to take his mind off of that. So he would reach out to someone he knew shared similar... gifts to himself, so the communication should not traumatize them too much. But he wanted to get some form of message out before he ended up out of action, the message sent through a telepathic means directly to the receiver, the message was the following ~Hello Ensign Kinun, I know you don't know who I am, but I know who you are, I must keep it short, but I have been abducted from the base, theres many others here, we are safe... For now, please let Michael know that I am ok. I will try to get a location to you~ The voice that played in the other man's head was oddly calm and cool despite what is going on...

Ryan eventually felt his body go to sleep, but his mind was sharpened, which scared him, he knew what happened when his mind over-reacted to things. He knew he had to slow his mind so he didn't literally go insane and self destruct. He closed eyes, his breath rate was very very slow, as he was nearly in stasis at this point, but he was concentrating on slowing his mind so he doesn't go insane. He was going to try to be of some use to help figure this mess out, but there would be no promises. He let his mind wander, trying to see if he can get some way to interface with something or someone that might know where they are so he can put out some type of beacon to the Starbase.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 02:35:41 PM by Michael J. Tritter »

It's not the size of the dog in the fight that matters, but the size of the fight in the dog

Offline Luke Stafford

• Ancient Member
  • User rating 118
  • Commanding Officer - Starbase Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #97 on: May 19, 2017, 01:58:13 AM »
[Ops]

Belatedly, Stafford had realized that it was blood dripping from his face, not perspiration. As he stepped into Operations an engineer approached him with a rag. The captain flipped it over to the clean side and pressed it against his wound, nodding his thanks.

"=/\=O'Connell to Stafford. Captain, I could use some help here in the Neural Core with ANaLYN. She's ready for personality input.=/\="

"=/\=Acknowledged. Standby, commander.=/\=" Stafford said. "=/\=Stafford to T'Prina. Report to Commander O'Connell in the Neural Core.=/\="

"Report," he said to the assembled officers, but specifically to Howell and Knox.

Offline Marco Benitez

• User rating 12
  • New Sheriff in Town
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    28%
« Reply #98 on: May 19, 2017, 02:07:33 PM »
Ops

Marco was quickly reassigned to Operations while the civilian situation was taken care off by Starfleet Officers.  This was a relief for him since he did not like working with the public in that way.  Let the officers take care of that, that was what most of them did anyway.  Public Relations was just not his forte and he took the new assignment gladly.   

As he entered the Ops room, he was filled with the musical noise from the computers and the murmuring from the crew as they worked.  Marco noted that the captain was having a little meeting and not wanting to interrupt that, the crewman made his way to the security station and logged in.  The specs taken of the Unidentified Object quickly scrolled across his screen and Marco could not help the tight smile that pulled at his lips.  This was exactly what he wanted to see and to study.  He quickly did so; taking in all the readouts from the mysterious ship that floated seemingly harmless near the Columbus.   

’So this is what all the fuss is about?  Not so threatening are you?  No…no you’re not…hmmm

Marco’s mind wandered and he began to gather the timelines of when the object appeared and when things started disappearing and they matched.  He wondered if they were related and wondered if anyone else had put two and two together. 

’Probably…’ 

He decided to do more research before commenting anything.  Besides he was a crewman, not a Starfleet scientist.  Marco sighed as his long fingers continued to work at his station.  At least he was now doing something other than herding people.  He wouldn’t complain, not that he was the type to, but at the moment he was exactly where he wanted to be….

Offline Katharoz Knox

• Probationer
  • User rating 0
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    36%
« Reply #99 on: May 20, 2017, 08:55:56 AM »
[Ops]

Belatedly, Stafford had realized that it was blood dripping from his face, not perspiration. As he stepped into Operations an engineer approached him with a rag. The captain flipped it over to the clean side and pressed it against his wound, nodding his thanks.

"=/\=O'Connell to Stafford. Captain, I could use some help here in the Neural Core with ANaLYN. She's ready for personality input.=/\="

"=/\=Acknowledged. Standby, commander.=/\=" Stafford said. "=/\=Stafford to T'Prina. Report to Commander O'Connell in the Neural Core.=/\="

"Report," he said to the assembled officers, but specifically to Howell and Knox.

Knox spoke first.

“Captain, Flight Control and Commander Soreka have yet to confirm course trajectory. All pilots shall report to the promenade for Station move briefing at 0800 hours. The Hope is operational, with tractor emitters on standby for Station move. All systems are operational, though Station-wide disappearances continue to be reported. We continue to scan for any activity from the Collector, though no new reports.”

“Once we have confirmed course heading, StarFleet shall send whatever reinforcements they have in the sector to rendezvous with us. They are, however, mostly science vessels, Sir.”

It was clear that the Captain had a head injury, though it was not her place to comment. Knox had studied the Captain’s previous mission report, where he had continued to perform his duties with far more serious injuries. This was somewhat reassuring.

I hope you are not holding back because I am a woman. If it makes things any easier, think of me as a man. I have been one several times.

Offline Daniel Howell

• Competent Member
  • User rating 26
  • Chief Engineer - Starbase Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    44%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years.
« Reply #100 on: May 20, 2017, 10:17:29 AM »
[Ops]

Ops
Howell turned around to see the Captain entering. He clearly had some kind of an injury, but it really wasn't Dan's position to ask. He nodded at the engineer who handed the Captain a cloth. He allowed Knox to give him a report, waited a few seconds to allow the information to process and then replied "Captain, I've worked out the best trajectory to take the base out should we still need to move and as Knox said, we are awaiting confirmation that is correct. I shall be leading the briefing at 0800. Along with the hope, we have another 3 ships that have been repaired to a level that they can be used as tugs for the base. All remaining escape pods and debris have been tractored and collected by the Hope and all survivors are now aboard the base."

Offline T'Prina

• User rating 21
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    20%
« Reply #101 on: May 22, 2017, 03:14:02 AM »
Hust looked at her, confused. "I'm not obsessed..." He said, in the kind of denial way that all but confirmed that he had an unhealthy obsession with Jett. "And he is a hazard but I'm in no way saying I have any kind of surveillance on him. Because I don't. None." He said, trying desperately to cover and failing at it so spectacularly. She also wasn't acting very "Vulcany", which was odd for someone of her particular hear points.

"He's your WHAT?" Hust exclaimed softly. "Y..you're kidding, right?" he asked, a laugh starting to wrack his body. "I... I'm sorry but that's funny," he said, as he turned away to try and compose himself. When he did so he turned back. "Well I can try and see what I find, but as I said I don't know. Good luck with that Marriage, Ma'am."

[Sickbay]

T'Prina looked positively cross for a Vulcan, which was barely more than a lukewarm scowl. "Glad I could amuse you, Ensign, though I quite fail to see the humor in the situation. From what I have gathered there are a large number of Federation citizens now missing. Perhaps looking into that situation, you may find Jett's whereabouts." Her prim and proper tone had a little bite to it, but then she continued. She spoke quieter and more to herself than anything. "He may be somewhat disagreeable at times, but I have come to find his presence tolerable. I would appreciate any information you find, Mr. Kinun."

A slight tinge of green rose to the tips of her pointed ears, and she straightened the cuffs of her sleeves, clearly discomforted by the subject. A hail through her comm badge saved further embarrassing conversation for another time however.

"=/\=Stafford to T'Prina. Report to Commander O'Connell in the Neural Core.=/\="

She tapped her comm badge and responded, relief transparent in her quick reaction.

=/\="Acknowledged, Captain. I shall head there at once."=/\=

With all the madness currently afoot, the new ANaLYN system had completely slipped her mind. She was annoyed with herself for the oversight, but took a calming breath. That was all she had time for given the circumstances.

"Ensign, I will leave you to your work. I do apologize for taking up your time." With a sharp nod of acknowledgement, she left the man and Sickbay behind, though a feeling of malaise lingered in her mind.

[Neural Core]

A small twinge of trepidation worked its through T'Prina's subconscious but she was determined to work through whatever was bothering her. She crossed the threshold and entered the room. A few short strides bought her near the room's only occupant, a woman thoroughly engrossed in the various information that scrolled through the monitors.

"Excuse me, Commander. I apologize for the interruption. I'm Lt. T'Prina. Captain Stafford sent me to assist you."

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Shadowplay Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D