Author Topic: T'Vek on Deck!  (Read 149 times)

Offline T'Vek

• Probationer
  • User rating 1
  • Bring me that horizon.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    86%
T'Vek on Deck!
« on: April 18, 2017, 05:17:59 PM »
Character Details

Character Name: T'Vek
Character Age: 24
Character DOB: January 21, 2371
Character Image: http://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j192/saintchanticleer/Star%20Trek%20stuff/Brianna_Hildebrand-Vulcan-mg_zpssga5ambk.jpg
Note: Image are courtesy of Michael from stpma.net
Character Species: Vulcan
Character Family: Father: Sargoth (deceased) Mother: T'Morn (deceased) Aunt: Sovaal
Character Bio: T'Vek is the daughter of pirates. Her father Stargoth was the captain of a pirate ship which belonged to a five-ship fleet known as the Dark Wolves. The Wolves were infamous for plying the neutral zone along the Klingon frontier, employing not only Vulcans but Nausicaans, Humans, a Bolian, and even a disaffected Klingon who had no compunction about raiding his own people. T'Vek was raised mainly aboard the ship, and showed an early inclination for piloting. When she was old enough she would fly missions aboard the pirate fleet's fighter ship, harrying smaller freight ships and helping steer them toward the larger fleet.

Nothing good (or bad) ever lasts, however. One fateful day the Dark Wolves ran afoul of a join Starfleet/Klingon patrol. The Wolves engaged, and all ships were destroyed save T'Vek's fighter. She lost everything that day: her parents, her friends, her crew, and her livelihood.

Taken into custody, Starfleet learned that T'Vek's aunt, Sovaal, was a pre-eminent theoretical physician who worked for the Department of Temporal Investigation. Sovaal worked with both Starfleet and the Klingon Empire to strike a deal with T'Vek: she would give up all known data on pirate activities along the Alpha Quadrant border, and rather than be prosecuted and jailed, she would join Starfleet as a fighter pilot. As T'Vek had no other future open to her, and she did seem to owe her aunt a debt of gratitude, she decided the only logical thing to do would be to take Starfleet up on their offer. She still keeps one eye open for a chance to escape her fate, but for now, the life of a starfleet pilot is the one she lives.

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Played Saffir G'Tollikos here on Shadow Fleet, CO and training officer on the site formerly known as Star Trek: Megiddo, several characters on Star Wars: Chaos, many years of both play-by-post and tabletop RPG experiance
Department Preference: Flight Control: Fighter/Shuttle Pilot
Secondary Department Preference: Flight Control: Helm
Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Enlisted

Note: Looking specifically for a berth on the USS Discovery please, as I was recruited by Kyan Mackenzie and would like to serve with him.

Sample post:
Note: this is a copy/paste from my previous character in order to save time in creating my new application. Let me know if you'd like a fresh post and I'll be happy to provide.

Personal Log, Stardate 66500.6

It seems to be customary now for the crew of the Gibson to not finish what we've started. Our current mission saw us working alongside the crew of the USS Churchill to investigate a solar systems that appeared to be caught within a sun going nova. However, upon the Gibson's arrival I was able to determine that the sun wasn't going nova at all, it had been artificially excited in order to produce more energy, energy which was then being syphoned off via subspace and somehow transferred to the system's third planet, where it was being harnessed to reheat the planet's cooling core. The generation of that power was coming from the system's planet closest to the sun, a planet with life forms we weren't able to contact, so they remain a mystery. The vast majority of the third planet's inhabitants, descendants apparantly from a country on Earth known as China, chose to forego evacuation and remain to fix their planet and live as they always have. How they managed to survive, accelerate a sun, and transfer that much energy to their own planet's core also remains a mystery, though I believe I've taken enough readings to be able to form a theory and submit a paper to the Starfleet Science Academy. The implications are staggering.

This also follows a mission where we discovered a habitable Class-M planet that by all rights should have had life. What Captain Munro found instead were dead bodies. For myself, I had been left as Commanding Officer, an admitted thrill for both myself and a source of pride for my people. While commanding the Gibson we picked up large energy readings on the side of the planet opposite the away team, which led us to a cloaked power generator and a cloaked Klingon battle cruiser from the 23rd century. How this out-of-time cruiser got there and what it's intentions were will also remain a mystery, as the Gibson left the area before we could even begin to explore the situation or its ramifications.

We are quickly becoming a ship that makes discoveries, then requests that other people follow up on them. As a scientist, I'm used to such things. After all, science is, many times, just a series of theories based on the best available data which is then quantified by others over the course of time. But I must admit I wonder how these missions are sitting with Captain Riley, and what her definition of success is.

I'll close by adding that I've also been promoted to the Gibson's Second Officer, a responsibility which brings me one step closer to my goal of one day being the first Mugato commanding officer in Starfleet history.

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Previous player (if anyone remembers Saffir G'Tollikos)
« Last Edit: April 19, 2017, 01:15:47 PM by T'Vek »

"Just because something is traditional is no reason to do it, of course." --Lemony Snicket

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 205
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Fleet Facebook Page
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
Re: T'Vek on Deck!
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 05:57:41 PM »
T'Vek,

A very good application!

Per your request, I can place you on the Discovery in the Flight Control Department.

No need to take the ETC (unless you want to).

Your starting rank will be Crewmen.

Please let us know if this will work for you.

Sincerely,

Kirok

Offline T'Vek

• Probationer
  • User rating 1
  • Bring me that horizon.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    86%
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 07:58:43 PM »
Works fine for me, thanks!

"Just because something is traditional is no reason to do it, of course." --Lemony Snicket

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 205
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Fleet Facebook Page
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 08:14:25 PM »
Works fine for me, thanks!

Perfect,

Please report into Kyle Briggs and Tekin Nevir for duty.

And welcome back!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Shadowplay Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D