Author Topic: Petty Officer Randy Drake Reporting For Duty  (Read 179 times)

Offline Randy Drake

• Probationer
  • User rating 1
  • "Quo caeteri timent calcandi"
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
Petty Officer Randy Drake Reporting For Duty
« on: April 18, 2017, 03:49:55 AM »
 Character Details

Character Name: Randy Martin Drake

Character Age: 24

Character DOB: April 1st

Character Species: Human

Character Family: Father: Captain Martin Clever Drake (54) Mother: Commander Candice Drake Simpson (deceased) Grandfather Brigadier General Clever Drake

Character Bio:
Randy was born in the Sebastian Enclave of Cassini Mars till he was 9 years old and his parents vanished with their ship then raised by his Grandfather in Australia.

Randy was a good student in academics and had he been born in another time  might have been sought after by colleges for their athletics programs; his civil record is clear of any signs of youthful indiscretion.

Randy’s Grandfather was a big influence on him teaching him all the tricks he’d gained over the years passing them down to the next generation; trouble is that he was often more drill instructor than parent which has left its impression on his personality.

Skilled in survival in desert, ocean and wetlands environment he is not the typical adventurer approaching such situations as problem solving exercises.

He graduated school in the top 10% of his class though he tested higher and joined the Fleet with a score in the top 2% and declined taking the Academy test choosing instead to enter the enlisted program.

Randy’s Hobbies include Running, Swimming. Free Climbing, Taiko Drumming and Go

Physical Statistics

Height: 1.9 (6’3”)
Weight: 97.5 (215)
Hair: Black
Eyes: Brown

Your Details

Previous Role-Playing Experience: Online = I have played in every RPG style from IRC to Chat to Forum and even PBEMs

Offline I have been playing RPGs of all types since D&D was in a Box Set which had Dice we swore were made of hard wax because the numbers became unreadable in short time of rolling

Department Preference: Medical Corpsman assigned to Marines

Secondary Department Preference:Security/Tactical

Commissioned, Enlisted or Civilian: Enlisted

Sample post:

Marine Corps Combat Training center Titan

Disruptor beams laced the air around Randy as he ran across open ground where a fallen Marine lay in a small dry creek bed his life signs weak after being struck by the deadly fire of the Pirates who had ambushed them. The tall dark haired young Corpsman dodged and weaved as if engaged in a game of Rugby back home and then flung himself into the dirt and sand by the groaning Marine.

”Why didn’t you Zig Marine instead of Zag now look at you; what will the Gunny say? said Randy as he turned the injured man over gently only to find that the weapon had clearly sheared off the man’s left arm leaving a cauterised stump in it’s place and about 2 pints of blood on the ground which.

The Pirates not giving a damn about the fact that Randy was a Medic were now concentrating on his and the wounded man’s position but he couldn’t spare the time to think about them more than necessary to keep out of their line of sight which required he perform his triage laying almost on his belly.

The first injections he gave the man were to stabilize him and prevent his falling into shock followed by a spray on biodegradable sealer that strangely enough could also be found in the damage control kits and used to prevent low pressure leaks of liquids.

Then he tapped his comms mike with his tongue and said in a firm and paced tone to avoid confusion ”Command request Emergency Beam OUT patient suffering energy amputation of left arm, collapsed lung and major blood loss.

Lock Enhancer setting Velvet”

Randy cursed when he heard the return call tell him that the area was under an energy field which prevented the transporter lock needed to remove the Marine from harm making him so mad that he was caught off guard by a hulking Orion who was intent on killing him and his patient; then the simulation ended.

”Please explain to me how you let an enemy run across 30 meters of open space and get the drop on you and your patient; I am eager with anticipation Drake”said Master Chief Wainwright in her high pitched tone that reminded Randy of a children’s show character from his youth.

”Respectfully Master Chief it’s getting old having the EBO (Emergency Beam Out) always blocked; it conflicts with recognized trends and in this case was a capability beyond  Syndicate Pirates on their best day.

I understand that these scenario are ramped up to help me understand that combat is never fair but as I said it’s getting old to be blocked 94.6 % of the time by every bad guy out there. I’d like to submit that it could prove counterproductive to training by causing most Docs to just go snatch and carry without requesting a beam and risking both Corpsman and patient to fire  and  the injured man to further injury.
answered Randy as he kicked himself into standing position in one motion.

Additional information:

How did you find Shadow Fleet? Google

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:18:00 PM by Puckmoon »

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 205
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Fleet Facebook Page
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
Re: Petty Officer Randy Drake Reporting For Duty
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2017, 12:58:33 PM »
Randy,

A good application.

You are clearly a good writer!

But can you help us with a few small things?

First, can I change your character name to Randy Drake (so that is what we see when you are online?  It will not affect your login or password).

Second, can you add a few more lines to your bio please.  What are his hobbies.  Any significant life events?  Etc?

Finally, we currently do not have a Marines division on SF.  So I can't assign you to the Marines per say.  But I can assign you to the Medical department of a ship if that will work?

Please answer the few questions above and add a bit to your bio.

Then we can get you assigned to a ship!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.  Click to see my Bio!
We should try to be dream makers - not dream breakers;-)

Facebook:  https://facebook.com/ShadowFleetRPG
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/shadow_fleet

Offline Randy Drake

• Probationer
  • User rating 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2017, 04:06:33 PM »
Randy,

First, can I change your character name to Randy Drake (so that is what we see when you are online?  It will not affect your login or password). I have no problem with the Name Change

Second, can you add a few more lines to your bio please.  What are his hobbies.  Any significant life events?  Etc? I edited Randy’s Bio sorry about the lack of Significant events outside of his parents disappearance and his going to live with his Grandfather; I did add his hobbies though

Finally, we currently do not have a Marines division on SF.  So I can't assign you to the Marines per say.  But I can assign you to the Medical department of a ship if that will work?  I understand that he can’t be assigned to the Marines which is okay because then he reverts to a  Simple Hospital Corpsman / Nurse

Please answer the few questions above and add a bit to your bio.

Then we can get you assigned to a ship!

Sincerely,

Kirok

« Last Edit: April 18, 2017, 04:08:19 PM by Puckmoon »

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 205
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded every January by the FCO.
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2017, 06:02:25 PM »
Randy,

Thanks for adding to you bio.

I can place you on the Discovery in their Medical Department.

Please let us know if that will work for you.

Also, would you like the take the Enlisted Training Course right away or wait awhile (one of it's goals is to help you acclimate to our posting style)?

Sincerely,

Kirok

Offline Randy Drake

• Probationer
  • User rating 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2017, 06:21:15 PM »
Randy,

Thanks for adding to you bio.

I can place you on the Discovery in their Medical Department.

Please let us know if that will work for you.

Also, would you like the take the Enlisted Training Course right away or wait awhile (one of it's goals is to help you acclimate to our posting style)?

Sincerely,

Kirok

I can take the training if you'd like; it will also help me get a feel for Randy

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 205
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2017, 06:38:35 PM »
I can take the training if you'd like; it will also help me get a feel for Randy

Randy,

I will ask someone to start your course for you.

In the meantime, please report into (email) Kyle Briggs & Tekin Nevir for duty on the Discovery.

And welcome aboard,

Kirok

Offline Randy Drake

• Probationer
  • User rating 1
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2017, 07:36:28 PM »
I just tried to look for Kyle Briggs & Tekin Nevir's Email but both are Hidden

Likely it is something I am doing but I could use some advice how to proceed

Offline Luke Stafford

• Command Level Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 118
  • Commanding Officer - Starbase Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2017, 10:13:41 PM »
I just tried to look for Kyle Briggs & Tekin Nevir's Email but both are Hidden

Likely it is something I am doing but I could use some advice how to proceed

Please excuse the technologically impaired. He meant "private message" via the forum.

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Shadowplay Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D