Author Topic: Mission 2.2 The Constant of C  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Experienced Member
  • User rating 45
  • May fortune favor the foolish
    • MSN Messenger - K_hill3_4ever@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - usm0506
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
Re: Mission 2.2 The Constant of C
« Reply #102 on: April 20, 2017, 05:26:44 PM »
[Sanctuary 4- Grand Assembly Hall]

Cat agitatedly ran a hand through Leo's short hair, the action leaving it wilder than usual. She cocked his head to the side and put his hands on his hips, the feminine gestures looking odd on his masculine form.

"I assure you, Captain, I am not taking up real estate in this skinny Scotsman by choice or experimental purposes." She took a calming breath and adjusted his collar. "I've given it a little thought, and as far as I can tell, I've had an extreme negative reaction to the dimensional flux and our new friends psionic abilities. To put it in nautical terms, I got knocked loose of my moorings back in Sick Bay and anchored on to the first familiar thing I came in contact with, Leo. I'm pretty sure my body is still in Sick Bay. Brightstar would know. Er, Doctor Brighton that is."

She broke off, frowning in thought. Right now she didn't know how to get back to her body and that concerned her. Leo's stomach took that opportunity to growl loudly.  Not wanting to berate him in front of the captain, she thought rather than spoke aloud. "Good God, Leo. Have you been living on whiskey and scotch? When's the last time you ate real food?"

Leo was surprised at the tone that was coming out of his mouth. Even the hand gestures threw him for a loop.

Well, I did have a turkey sandwich before coming on duty today. But anyways, I thought you liked my figure.

He let the last bit linger for a while. He was both content and upset. Content because Cat was finally taking to him, but upset because she was criticizing his recent eating habits.

Athena Ship Rep. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Offline Mahak

• Experienced Member
  • User rating 37
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    74%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year.
« Reply #103 on: April 21, 2017, 11:42:14 AM »

“Is that a medical or artistic device? You appear to be scanning something and one of our finest art forms is the art of scanning.” The phrase was a little foreign so it was rendered with an inflection, “We believe the act of creation starts with the accumulation of data points by the senses, thus the act of creation, which is art in its highest form, is only as valuable as what is taken in. Boojuk here is one such artist.” The lead Voon offered, trying to start a conversation.

“Yes! What I chose to scan is as important as what I set the scanners to exclude and, once feed into one of our replicators produces statements. The replicator, you see, takes the act of creation out of my control- leaving only the sensations I record as the artistic choice. Do you have such arts among your people? What kind of scans do they do?” Boojuk asked the Vulcan.

Mahak stared back impassively at the four sets of heads, his expression blank but his eyes were slightly annoyed.

"I am merely attempting to gather data for analysis," the Vulcan said. He did not know the gender of any of these people and did not want to assume. "I am not artistically gifted. Perhaps when you visit our ship again under more sedate circumstances we can undergo a cultural exchange."

"Captain," Mahak said, rudely turning to Lafayette without talking further to the two Voon. "The object at the center of this room is generating the peculiar gravity."

Offline Caleb Brighton

• User rating 10
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #104 on: April 21, 2017, 04:42:24 PM »
Katheryn was enjoying both the company and the conversation feeling a lot more relaxed than she had been on the ship as she joined in and laughed at Caleb's and Kalinor's jokes. Blushing when Caleb then complimented both her hair and eyes yet unable to stop smiling either as she then lightly pecked his cheek. She didn't know why maybe it was the alien's version of music that was encouraging her to do it after their nice evening together and her confession made earlier to Steven seemed like a distant memory. Seeing him blush only added to the moment before Kalinor spoke to them and said what he did. Looking away from Caleb to address the Voon " I'm not sure Kalinor, we're friends" she said honestly yet the thought had been planted firmly in her mind that maybe he was right.
[ Sanctuary 4- Grand Assembly Hall ]

Kalinor shook his heads when he heard Katheryn's response.This made Caleb curious. "Whats wrong with friendship?"Kalinor chuckled.
"Oh come now... though you may be friends that kind of kiss in my culture means significantly more than you'd think," he said. It seemed there was a bit of silence between Caleb and Katheryn. Though he had enjoyed their time together at the dinner, it wasn't like he didn't think about going for something.
"Well I don't know..."Caleb said blushing.
"Please hear me out from an old seasoned man... don't hesitate even if it's just a dinner," Kalinor said.
"Well umm... How about it Kat... would you um... go out to dinner with me? I know of a good restaurant... or we could go see the trees I told you about?" Caleb asked with a blush.

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

Offline Katheryn Carter

• User rating 7
  • The Gods will always smile on the brave women
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2017, 04:51:36 PM »
[ Sanctuary 4- Grand Assembly Hall ]

Kalinor shook his heads when he heard Katheryn's response.This made Caleb curious. "Whats wrong with friendship?"Kalinor chuckled.
"Oh come now... though you may be friends that kind of kiss in my culture means significantly more than you'd think," he said. It seemed there was a bit of silence between Caleb and Katheryn. Though he had enjoyed their time together at the dinner, it wasn't like he didn't think about going for something.
"Well I don't know..."Caleb said blushing.
"Please hear me out from an old seasoned man... don't hesitate even if it's just a dinner," Kalinor said.
"Well umm... How about it Kat... would you um... go out to dinner with me? I know of a good restaurant... or we could go see the trees I told you about?" Caleb asked with a blush.

Katheryn didn't know what to say or do feeling the heat rise in her cheeks again as Kallinor spoke thankful that Caleb answered first. She remembered the reception well and how much she had enjoyed his company but never saw him as more than a friend especially with her feelings for Black. However since that hadn't gone quite how she had planned and listening to Kallinor's advice made her think that maybe he was right. Then when Caleb asked her to dinner or to see the trees he had told her about how could she turn that down as he stuttered a little and blushed, she had never really been asked like that before and she found it both cute and adorable. Looking at him with a smile as she answered him " How about you take me to dinner then you can show me the trees Cal I'd love to do both with you" she replied sincerely but blushed again after she had finished speaking.

Offline D'Vid

• Competent Member
  • User rating 11
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
« Reply #106 on: April 21, 2017, 11:19:06 PM »
[Voon observation lounge]

Nesha said time free. How did she know? It was a little bug that was bugging his mind.

Anyways he had turned his attention back to his talk active individual. What he learned that they were born as a unit. The bond was close for each Voon. So they both are closer then the average Voon. She explained that Nesha was drifting away to that other one.

The corner of his eye, he witness the medical officer had a female body behavior. That was weird to see,  but he politely looked back to his mouth moving friend. She did not noticed he was distracted.

[USS Athena - Engineer]

[npc]

Targ had honored to do the respect job as to follow through what D'Vid had asked him to do. Knowing that the Enlisted man was lower rank, but his gut feeling had told him it fine. However if this new Engineers transfer mess up. He be sure he be gutted and not live for another day.

So Targ had Ensign Jamestown to work with the Scientist on solving the riddle of this bubble in a bubble. Targ was busying reading the energy levels of the compulsive waves that was seeping through the damper charges which was effecting the flow of the warp core. There seem to  be a power surge power too that shoots out back to Plasma Dump Vent. He pressed onward and was puzzled of the plasma build up.

Now the Intercooler was not cooling off which was warming up. That was not right. He ran a diagnostic on it. As he someone allowed them to see what was going up front and beyond them.

They had seen all lot of ships. "It looks like a hive," Targ informed his small team that was working at his table station. He pointed the plan of the ship. "It was like the timing.... those ships seem like what you humans call... Honey....coo," he saw a insect with black and yellow stripes with a long stringer in his head. The image he was seeing all these insects trying to attack this one flower.

"Bumble bee?" A Ensign piped up.

"Yes... a Bumble bee..." he said. They had continued to figure the puzzle about the alien ships and the increase of the damper chargers are working extra hard. It had to be with the space around them cause these bubbles are not artificial as he believes.

He slammed his right fist down on the console. He said in Kligon, "The are annoying parha' cowards!*"

*Author  note I had tried a Klingon Translator for fun. And it was in Klingon so maybe nobody understood him
« Last Edit: April 23, 2017, 04:01:37 AM by Constance Lafayette, Reason: Please don\'t double post. »

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Senior Flag Officer
  • User rating 83
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2017, 07:01:42 PM »

Constance nodded, clearly taking mental notes. She had began her starfleet career as an enlisted Nurse so she knew how to take a medical statement. Constance knew the two well enough by now to pick up on Cat’s more blustery personality and accentuated hand gestures- they weren’t just pulling her leg.

Just then Mahak joined them. She took a moment to appreciate the idea that they had just got scans on what appeared to be an omnidirectional gravity generator.

“I look forward to your report on it Mr. Mahak. Localized gravity control could prove to be a great boon to the Federation, however I wonder if you couldn’t help us out with another conundrum. How familiar are you with the katric practices?” She said, ending her speech with a touch of concern, “I only ask because it seems we have a situation where Ms. Maddux somehow got her katra trapped in the body of Mr. Scott.”

Cresh looked sheepish... or at least what looked like he was being sheepish. His heads bowed a little and his eyes wandered everywhere but Constance.

“That.... is very possible Cap-tan. You see... when we... uh... procreate, it involves the transfer of mental energy, imprinting if you will, over several hours. It is a very delicate process that can end up with one’s spirit in another’s body if done incorrectly and... if such an action was occurring when the crash occurred... it is quite possible that this impacted your crew members. I am terribly sorry. Such a thing has never happened before but it is the only logical explanation.”

Constance looked grim, considering all the options.

“Can we reverse it?” She asked stoically, bracing herself for the worst.

“I... um... well, it’d be a very personal thing but... yes. I think we can.” Cresh said, clearly uncomfortable talking about such things with another species.

Just then an alert reached the Captain from the Athena, “Captain! The aquatic voice of an Rigellian on the bridge reported,

=/\=“We have confirmation of several biological creations- a swarm really- approaching the ship!”=/\=

“Those sound like your warp fish High Speaker.” Constance said quickly. The situation with Leo and Cat would have to wait, if it could.

“Yes Cap-tan. I have been getting telepathic reports of this as well. We thought they might miss us but the excitement of our collision must have attracted them.” Cresh said. The reason for his previous anxiety might not have simply been due to Leo & Cat’s situation.

“Unfortunately, Cap-tan, all of our greatest minds will be preparing our psionic defense so any attempts to split them will have to wait. Your ship should be free from its mooring. Please- escape before the warp fish destroy you as well.”

Constance shook her head definitely, “Negative High Speaker. You took us in and offered us compassion when it could have easily come to bloodshed. I know I speak for the entire crew when I say we will fight with you.”

Cresh’s eyes went wide. “No! We couldn’t ask that! You have such a small ship and they have destroyed civilizations. It’s impossible!”

“We’re good at impossible Cresh. Remind me to tell you about the Borg someday.” She said with a glimmer of fire in her eye as she shot him a wry smile and tapped her combadge.

=/\=“Transporter room. Emergency beam out for the away team. Beam us directly to the bridge.”=/\= She commanded and in a moment the crew dematerialized in small glows of light and found themselves on the bridge of the USS Athena.

[USS Athena- Bridge]

“Red Alert! Shield up! Weapons online! Let's see what we can do to defeat these. Tactical- we need to find a way to hit them with bio-neural energy. Does anyone have an idea how we can link turn the bio-neural gel computers into a weapon?” She barked, her internal computer systems hooking up to the ship’s status display.

"And science- we will need the borg shield. Is it fully operational?"

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor

Offline Katheryn Carter

• User rating 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2017, 07:18:12 PM »
[USS Athena- Bridge]

“Red Alert! Shield up! Weapons online! Let's see what we can do to defeat these. Tactical- we need to find a way to hit them with bio-neural energy. Does anyone have an idea how we can link turn the bio-neural gel computers into a weapon?” She barked, her internal computer systems hooking up to the ship’s status display.

"And science- we will need the borg shield. Is it fully operational?"

Athena Bridge

Whatever Caleb's answer or reaction was going to be to her acceptance to his offer of dinner and visiting his jungle programme would have to wait now as they were immediately transported back to the Bridge of the Athena. Quickly moving to her station when the Captain called red alert and for weapons to be brought on line. Efficiently bringing up those essential systems needed to defend the ship from whatever these warp fish were, knowing she had been successful as the red alert began to sound behind her, enveloping the Bridge in a soft red glow. When she then asked about turning the bio neural gel computers into a weapon she could only think of one person to help her to hopefully achieve that but in the meantime brought normal weapons online. " Weapons are online and ready Captain as for the bio neural gel computers perhaps Dr Brighton could assist me with that " she said looking over at Caleb.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 07:19:40 PM by Katheryn Carter »

Offline Mahak

• Experienced Member
  • User rating 37
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    74%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July to the two players who are the best team. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year.
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2017, 09:53:43 PM »

Just then Mahak joined them. She took a moment to appreciate the idea that they had just got scans on what appeared to be an omnidirectional gravity generator.

“I look forward to your report on it Mr. Mahak. Localized gravity control could prove to be a great boon to the Federation, however I wonder if you couldn’t help us out with another conundrum. How familiar are you with the katric practices?” She said, ending her speech with a touch of concern, “I only ask because it seems we have a situation where Ms. Maddux somehow got her katra trapped in the body of Mr. Scott.”

The noise was such in the area that Mahak misheard the captain and thought she said the tantric practices. He was momentarily thrown for a reply. He was reminded of a petty officer he'd known on the Columbus, a man named Santos. He'd given many of his fellow enlisted literature and ribald stories regarding tantric sex.

But Lafayette could not have meant that. The Vulcan cleared his throat and tried to recall harder what the captain had said. She'd said katric.

"I am afraid I am out of practice, ma'am," Mahak said without any embarrassment or guardedness. "I am more schooled in the physical. However, like any Vulcan, I am well versed in the technique. It has merely been a great deal of time since I've used them. I would be agreeable with examining Mr. Scott in the appropriate setting."

Offline Caleb Brighton

• User rating 10
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #110 on: April 24, 2017, 11:14:35 PM »
Athena Bridge

Whatever Caleb's answer or reaction was going to be to her acceptance to his offer of dinner and visiting his jungle programme would have to wait now as they were immediately transported back to the Bridge of the Athena. Quickly moving to her station when the Captain called red alert and for weapons to be brought on line. Efficiently bringing up those essential systems needed to defend the ship from whatever these warp fish were, knowing she had been successful as the red alert began to sound behind her, enveloping the Bridge in a soft red glow. When she then asked about turning the bio neural gel computers into a weapon she could only think of one person to help her to hopefully achieve that but in the meantime brought normal weapons online. " Weapons are online and ready Captain as for the bio neural gel computers perhaps Dr Brighton could assist me with that " she said looking over at Caleb.
[USS Athena- Bridge]

Caleb was just about to reply to Katheryn when he felt himself being beamed back to the Athena. Barely having time to assess his surroundings he heard his name be mentioned and about the bio-neural gel. "I'd be glad to assist," Caleb said. His mind switched over quickly. He was pondering how to use the gel to their advantage. His train of conscious thought led him to think about an electrical signal. He then quickly flipped through his notebook. " AH HA! YES OF COURSE!.. but how would it... hmm," Caleb thought out loud.It took him all, but two minutes to collect his thoughts.
"Right,"Caleb began. "I've come to this revelation. In normal humanoid creatures the brain sends electrical impulses to pretty much control everything. The same can be said for cells albeit the signal is only for small functions. If we can somehow tap into that electrical signal that controls the basic essence of the Bio-Medical Gel, we could persuade it to aid us. Now you're probably thinking, how can we do this? Well, I remember when our Voon friends first arrived. One yell had just the frequency to cause an extra bit of panic in my head and cause me to almost loose my balance. If we use the same concept, I believe in theory we could persuade the gel. However, hacking into that signal that generates life for the gel is no small feet. Can it perceive and for that matter if it can how can we get it to listen?  We need to generate some kind of ddos attack of sorts. When I was doing my research before coming back on the ship, I noticed we have tapped into borg technology. If we were to use the nanites to broadcast at multiple frequencies, I will bet that we can find the frequency that will allow us to do what I suggested. Does anyone follow?"
« Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 11:21:51 PM by Caleb Brighton »

"Imagine putting all the emotion and passion of hurt behind something positive rather than self destructive. Don't take the easy way out"

• Senior Flag Officer
  • User rating 83
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #111 on: April 25, 2017, 12:06:12 AM »
{Bridge}

Constance was probably one of the few people who could follow what Caleb was saying, in theory if not in practice.

"We can't risk the bio-neural gel by exposing them to nanites. If we did there would be no way to salvage our computational networks afterwards. We'd have no way to get home without navigation or helm control. However, there may be another way..."

The Captain looked down and to the side. She wasn't comfortable talking about this part of her and had been rather private regarding it.

"After my... assimilation by the Borg collective I... required some surgery." She began slowly. Hearing her talk was the auditory equivalent of the look a cat gives you after it took a bath.

"They had removed part of my skull and... other parts. To compensate for this I had a small positronic matrix installed. With it I have been passively checking up on low-level ships systems, using open communication channels, and..." She broke off, she felt so guilty for not letting her friends know what she had been going through, but she had thought that she had always appear as the impossibly strong role-model of a captain they deserved... not the weak cripple she really was.

"...and I think I could be used as conduit to the bio-neural gel to give them a signal if I were to directly connect to one of their junctions." She almost blurted out, her face turned a light shade of red in anger and embarrassment. Talking about her... issue in public was something she was not comfortable with. Even a normal person would have been a little reticent to air their dirty secret. Her time with the Borg had been... traumatic to say the least. It had been like letting an entire race see her naked and probe her- her entire life splayed before a million watching eyes. The prosthetics she now had reminded her of that.

Still... maybe they could be of some use here.

Offline Caleb Brighton

• User rating 10
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #112 on: April 25, 2017, 12:45:23 AM »
{Bridge}

Constance was probably one of the few people who could follow what Caleb was saying, in theory if not in practice.

"We can't risk the bio-neural gel by exposing them to nanites. If we did there would be no way to salvage our computational networks afterwards. We'd have no way to get home without navigation or helm control. However, there may be another way..."

The Captain looked down and to the side. She wasn't comfortable talking about this part of her and had been rather private regarding it.

"After my... assimilation by the Borg collective I... required some surgery." She began slowly. Hearing her talk was the auditory equivalent of the look a cat gives you after it took a bath.

"They had removed part of my skull and... other parts. To compensate for this I had a small positronic matrix installed. With it I have been passively checking up on low-level ships systems, using open communication channels, and..." She broke off, she felt so guilty for not letting her friends know what she had been going through, but she had thought that she had always appear as the impossibly strong role-model of a captain they deserved... not the weak cripple she really was.

"...and I think I could be used as conduit to the bio-neural gel to give them a signal if I were to directly connect to one of their junctions." She almost blurted out, her face turned a light shade of red in anger and embarrassment. Talking about her... issue in public was something she was not comfortable with. Even a normal person would have been a little reticent to air their dirty secret. Her time with the Borg had been... traumatic to say the least. It had been like letting an entire race see her naked and probe her- her entire life splayed before a million watching eyes. The prosthetics she now had reminded her of that.

Still... maybe they could be of some use here.
[ Bridge ]

Caleb listened intently. Though he did not experience this himself, he had his own demons he felt he needed to expel. He took a moment to let it all sink in. What had he missed? Could he have helped in any way during the time he was with Ben? So many thoughts swirled in his head, but he silenced them. Those would be taken care of later. What the captain needed then was a hug. Despite his best judgement he hugged her. Once he broke the hug he explained himself.

"Captain if I may...I thank you so very much for accepting me back on the Athena. I can't help, but feel this is partially my fault. What with me being away with Ben and all..." Caleb trailed off for a moment, not caring the consequences of his actions. If he was going to get scolded so be it, but his captain needed a comforting moment and by god he was going to be the good doctor he knew he was.

"However, as your doctor I cannot stress enough how highly and irrationally dangerous that is," He said sternly, however he soon cracked a partial smile."Then again I once laughed in the face of danger far too many times when I was away. I think I may work, but I will need to keep you monitored. I will not take no for an answer. This is all theoretical and I will not lose you my captain. I will not have a repeat loss. Not like Jenna," The reality of his words sunk in. It had been far too long and he finally had the courage to speak that name. Catnip had forbid him to use that name after she heard of what happened.

Offline D'Vid

• Competent Member
  • User rating 11
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
« Reply #113 on: April 25, 2017, 04:46:27 AM »
[bridge of Athena]

D'Vid was standing there on the bridge hearing everyone saying about this trouble event they were in. The fact the Captain was assimilated the Borg and she survived was a big feat. But he had met a few free Borg. Matter of fact, El Q on the Discovery was one.

Then the Doctor was brave enough to hug the Captain front the crew in a red light. That man was such a walking viberate man who reminded a toddler on Earth.

"May I put my two cents in sir?" D'Vid asked. "I had assigned Lieutenant Targ to solve the riddle on how the two bubbles are about....but I would like to add, that we could use the Nacelle Engines as the battery for this weapon. The reflector dish could give us a nice big charge to engage our attack. It possible multiply the increase by 42 sir," he finished.

Offline Katheryn Carter

• User rating 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #114 on: April 25, 2017, 11:37:47 AM »
Bridge

Kat smiled when Caleb agreed to assist in helping come up with a way to use the bio neural gel as a weapon almost fully understanding what he meant when he came up with his suggestion of reprogramming them using an electrical signal and give off a specific frequency which in a way reminded her of anti bodies. It fascinated her and listened intently to the exchange between him and the Captain, knowing how kind a person Cal was when he hugged her which made her think again about what Kallinor had suggested back on Sanctuary 4. She was quite an empathetic person herself and could only imagine what they had both gone through yet thought it was brave of them sharing their experiences in order to help the ship. Finding herself wanting to reach out and hug Caleb but had to resist for now however would make up for that when they could be alone. Keeping her emotions in check as the Engineering Crewman made his own suggestion standing by to help anyway she could but did manage to give Caleb a discreet reassuring smile.

• Senior Flag Officer
  • User rating 83
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #115 on: April 26, 2017, 02:48:08 AM »
[Athena- Bridge]

Constance listened to what the Doctor had to say, her redness subsiding only slightly,

“Thank you Doctor, but I am of sound mind and know the risks. I can literally print you a report showing that.” She said, her bad attempt at diffusive humor.

“At worst my positronic shunt will burn out. It is not required for my vital functions, though I may experience some rather debilitating migraines. This will place Mr. Carter in charge, as is his purpose.  I have a spare for just such an emergency- a simple procedure that I’m sure your staff can oversee.”

She paused and turned to D'Vid, “Ready the system. I want it operational in five minutes- that’s all the time we have until the warp fish are upon us. Lt. Carter- help with the instillation. Once weapons are online, waste no time in frying them. Leonard- get us out of this warp bubble and into a battle-ready position.”

The first few warp wish were now upon Sanctuary 4. The slammed into the shield and visibly damaged it as their energy-like form sent out a small discharge. Sensors registered some animalistic yelp they did that.

Then she turned back to Dr. Brighton, pulling the data-port wire from the back of her head from under her hair, “You will be watching my condition and pulling me out if things go wrong. My standing orders are to save Sanctuary and, should we accomplish that, reactivate the Warp 12 engines and see if we can escape back to our own universe.”

And, with that, she popped opened the panel on the armrest of her Captain’s chair, fished around for a second before connecting directly to the bio-neutral gel pack located within there. She looked at Dr. Brighton and nodded once before closing her eyes. She went rigid and spasmed violently but then she regained herself and sat, apparently in some considerable discomfort, with her eyes closed. On the operation's system's main display another computer core was suddenly displayed as if they had hooked up to an external computer core.

“Proceed.” She said robotically, her determination a razor-sharp knife.

Offline D'Vid

• Competent Member
  • User rating 11
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #116 on: April 26, 2017, 03:39:57 AM »
[Bridge of USS Athena]

She paused and turned to D'Vid, “Ready the system. I want it operational in five minutes- that’s all the time we have until the warp fish are upon us. Lt. Carter- help with the instillation. Once weapons are online, waste no time in frying them. Leonard- get us out of this warp bubble and into a battle-ready position.”

D'Vid nodded his head to the Captain. He marched to the Engineering station on the bridge. His right hand tapped the comm badge. =^= Engineering, Lieutenant Targ this is Petty Officed D'Vid," he said. Targ started to tell him about the up date on his idea and how Targ was about to say more. "Lieutenant great! However we got to put that n hold. We need to get the reflector up and running at a ratio 23 so we get a 42 increase on a surge we going to deliver to the fish ships," he said.

Targ was going to ask what in the world this metaphor on fish. There was no water and no fish. He had to agree with a Vulcan if one was standing by, it was a highly illogical thing to call ships fish.

"The same theory we had chatting about," D'Vid shared to the Engineer Klingon. He was happy he had a Klingon to work with. Perhaps they can do what Klingons do. Perhaps he could pick up to use the Batliff. It would be skill to have. Unless someone one gets move on to the ship. That would be a shame. Unless he could be put back on the Disovery where he could build his friendships with Klabax and Kinley. God he had a crush on her bubbly personality. So happy. Always smiling. He had to admit she was good burning things and tha kept Engineer crew busy.

However he was building up another crush on a member too. She was not a crew member but a person who works on the ship as a Starfleet citizen. He had not the chance to go around to meet people, but it was all on the fly. It was like being toss in the pool where yo got to adapt and swim or drown.

"Sir we will be ready when you say," he told the direction of the Captain not sure she was hearing him but to the person who was in charge.
« Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 03:41:31 AM by D'Vid »

Offline Katheryn Carter

• User rating 7
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #117 on: April 26, 2017, 10:10:37 AM »
[Athena- Bridge]

"Acknowledged Captain" Katheryn replied arms gripped tightly on her console as the shields made contact with some of the warp fish so as not to fall, keeping her focus on the readouts in front of her. " Damage to the shields however they are still holding " she called then looked over quickly at the Engineering console and Petty Officer D'Vid " Standing by to assist with the installation". She knew that this was a tense situation but would do everything she could to help, having faith in the Captain, Caleb, herself and the rest of the crew to save the Voon and themselves from the warp fish. 

Offline Caleb Brighton

• User rating 10
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #118 on: April 26, 2017, 12:11:53 PM »
Then she turned back to Dr. Brighton, pulling the data-port wire from the back of her head from under her hair, “You will be watching my condition and pulling me out if things go wrong. My standing orders are to save Sanctuary and, should we accomplish that, reactivate the Warp 12 engines and see if we can escape back to our own universe.”

[ Athena-Bridge ]

"Aye Captian,"Caleb stated. He got out his PADD and immediately got to where he could easily monitor his Captain's condition. He got himself to a position on the Bridge as to not interfere, but get to the Captain is things go sketchy. He hoped the hunch he had would work. It needed to. He learned so much from their trip that and he owed Kalinor so much. 

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Shadowplay Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D