S1 - M2: Delta Gateway

Started by Kirok, March 01, 2017, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James A. Hawke

[Shuttle]
James turned his attention to EQ and listened to his recommendation.

"Yeah, I think that's a good idea EQ...launch the probe"  James said

He took a second and  pondered his options "Ardy...once the shuttle is launched you will take over manual control of the probe...I trust your piloting better than a computer...control it like a drone, got it?"  James asked

He approached then the Science Team "Let's monitor how far the drone is going, Sevok...let me know when it stopped moving...it Commander T'Ra's calculation are correct, it's going to be  far away...let me know where the probe ends up understood"

He then turned to Harmon "I understand, the pink chair investigation can wait.  In the event that his opening if permanent....I need political treaties and expectation...if we move the Starbase Columbus to this area what would the political consequences?"  James asked

"Check treaties...any anything major to make this move possible, Puch it!"  James commented.  He was already thinking of a plan.  He was already proposing a solution to the problem.

As he stood up and ventured to T'Ra and said "A Second privately commander...."

He looked at her and said "I know the importance of this, but I need to know...is there a way to shut this down...I am saying this because I might need to make a command decision on this...if I open this doorway we might be unprepared for the wonders or terrors on the other side..."  James said

As he finished he turned on the shuttle and said "Alright...whenever this drone end up...I will need recommendations on what to do everyone has their say"  James commented.

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kira Wyman

Quote from: Nayeli del Bosque on March 25, 2017, 01:59:50 AM

[Bridge]

"Aye, aye, Captain." As they spoke, a crewman that the doctor vaguely recognized entered and moved to man the OPS station. Having reviewed the medical files of all the crew once she came aboard, she was at least passingly familiar with names and faces, though it did all become a bit of a blur after the first dozen or so.

The tall, dark haired woman moved toward the environmental console, her spidery fingers dancing over the screen. All systems seemed optimal, for the time being.

Miriam noticed the woman and nodded at her, smiling and then lowering herself. The woman seemed to know her but Miriam certainly didn't know her. She guessed that if she did know her it would be from some personnel file but hey, they'd probably cross paths at some point anyway, she thought. Her attention switched to Kirok as her name was called.
Quote from: Kirok on March 25, 2017, 08:08:08 PM

[Bridge]

Kirok sat down, then noticed Miriam at her station.  "Ms. HÁƒ¤llstrom, power to propulsion.  Shields as well, if you please" he called out.

Bridge

Miriam looked over to Kirok and nodded in acknowledgement. "Aye admiral." Was all Miriam said as she begun to reroute the power. A few presses of the interface and she had begun to reroute the power to propulsion. She paused for a moment thinking about what to do next and then she nodded to herself and begun to power up the shields.

A few moments had been and power was rerouted, shields were up and Miriam looked up at the admiral and smiled. "Power rerouted admiral, shields are up." Miriam finished, smiling and then lowering her head back to work.

Click Image to view Bio!
'Discipline strengthens the mind so that it becomes impervious to the corroding influence of fear.' - Bernard Montgomery

Non-Playing Character 1

Quote from: James A. Hawke on March 26, 2017, 02:02:06 AM

[Shuttle]

He took a second and  pondered his options "Ardy...once the shuttle is launched you will take over manual control of the probe...I trust your piloting better than a computer...control it like a drone, got it?"  James asked

He approached then the Science Team "Let's monitor how far the drone is going, Sevok...let me know when it stopped moving...it Commander T'Ra's calculation are correct, it's going to be  far away...let me know where the probe ends up understood"

He then turned to Harmon "I understand, the pink chair investigation can wait.  In the event that his opening if permanent....I need political treaties and expectation...if we move the Starbase Columbus to this area what would the political consequences?"  James asked

"Check treaties...any anything major to make this move possible, Puch it!"  James commented.  He was already thinking of a plan.  He was already proposing a solution to the problem.

As he stood up and ventured to T'Ra and said "A Second privately commander...."

He looked at her and said "I know the importance of this, but I need to know...is there a way to shut this down...I am saying this because I might need to make a command decision on this...if I open this doorway we might be unprepared for the wonders or terrors on the other side..."  James said

As he finished he turned on the shuttle and said "Alright...whenever this drone end up...I will need recommendations on what to do everyone has their say"  James commented.

[Unknown Frigate, Sector B-12]

Unknown to the Federation shuttle, several cloaked un-identified frigates were cloaked about twenty kilometers from the sub-vortex gateway. They were monitoring the area but not being pro-aggressive but wondering why a small Federation vessel was one, this far from a command vessel and two, this deep into their space. Thirdly, they were waiting for the carrier group returning from deep space on the galactic rim.

"My Lord, they have found the gateway," a junior officer responded from a sensor ops console. They had been monitoring the small vessel since they entered the area under cloaked. "Eta of fleet arrival is immiment."

The commander had a hard choice but one that would have repercussions either way. He could warn the carrier group to hold a position in the vortex and hope they remain undetected but would reveal themselves or let them come through and exposing we were inhabiting the region. The federation amounts others didn't know all their ships. Mostly only certain members of the Intelligence branch but the Klingons and Romulans were well aware of some them.

"Inform command of the situation. We'll remain on in this location for as long as possible after our group makes it through as a recon vessel." The commander ordered as he looked back at the glowing sub-vortex gateway. 'The power of nature made in artificial means to one's end. Oh how that went wrong on some many levels.'
[Space, Near the vortex Gateway]

Minutes later the gateway started increasing in power as the maw of the vortex opened very widely. Secondary openings that were unnatural were opening within the maw. As the power increased, sub space distortions started to appear within a radius of five kilometre's of the vortex rocking anything unprotected by shields.

As the tidal distortions lowered, many small vessels numbering in the lower hundred, emerged from the vortex in all directions. Some skimmed by the shuttle directly avoiding any collusion contact.

As soon as the small vessels were dipping off on coming thru several larger vessels emerged from frigates to as large as a carrier vessel. They only numbered in around forty vessels but several if sensors were operating at capacity would be able to tell were damaged but by what they would never know. As the group fully emerged, the small vessels regrouped before a new vortex opened unlike the one they discovered, it was artificially unstable, like it was created by the larger ships themselves.

The small fleet disappeared not saying anything but making it known this region of space wasn't uninhabited for sure.

Ardyn Jaeger

[Shuttle]

The notes on these corridors from the Voyager crew on how to navigate through one of these quantum slipstreams were quite detailed. Checking the stats on her computer panels she reasoned that with a couple engineering modifications that this little shuttle would probably be able to handle the shear of the slipstreams, if only just barely.

[Shuttle]

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on March 26, 2017, 06:09:11 PM

[Unknown Frigate, Sector B-12]

Unknown to the Federation shuttle, several cloaked un-identified frigates were cloaked about twenty kilometers from the sub-vortex gateway. They were monitoring the area but not being pro-aggressive but wondering why a small Federation vessel was one, this far from a command vessel and two, this deep into their space. Thirdly, they were waiting for the carrier group returning from deep space on the galactic rim.

"My Lord, they have found the gateway," a junior officer responded from a sensor ops console. They had been monitoring the small vessel since they entered the area under cloaked. "Eta of fleet arrival is immiment."

The commander had a hard choice but one that would have repercussions either way. He could warn the carrier group to hold a position in the vortex and hope they remain undetected but would reveal themselves or let them come through and exposing we were inhabiting the region. The federation amounts others didn't know all their ships. Mostly only certain members of the Intelligence branch but the Klingons and Romulans were well aware of some them.

"Inform command of the situation. We'll remain on in this location for as long as possible after our group makes it through as a recon vessel." The commander ordered as he looked back at the glowing sub-vortex gateway. 'The power of nature made in artificial means to one's end. Oh how that went wrong on some many levels.'
[Space, Near the vortex Gateway]

Minutes later the gateway started increasing in power as the maw of the vortex opened very widely. Secondary openings that were unnatural were opening within the maw. As the power increased, sub space distortions started to appear within a radius of five kilometre's of the vortex rocking anything unprotected by shields.

As the tidal distortions lowered, many small vessels numbering in the lower hundred, emerged from the vortex in all directions. Some skimmed by the shuttle directly avoiding any collusion contact.

As soon as the small vessels were dipping off on coming thru several larger vessels emerged from frigates to as large as a carrier vessel. They only numbered in around forty vessels but several if sensors were operating at capacity would be able to tell were damaged but by what they would never know. As the group fully emerged, the small vessels regrouped before a new vortex opened unlike the one they discovered, it was artificially unstable, like it was created by the larger ships themselves.

The small fleet disappeared not saying anything but making it known this region of space wasn't uninhabited for sure.

"Sounds good, Boss. Whenever you're ready, EQ, I'll take control of the Á¢â,¬"œ " She was interrupted by an alarm on the science scanner. Then another. She took a look on the controls, For some reason the space vortex seemed to swell in size, its immense gravity rocking the tiny shuttle.  "Guys! Hang on!" Compensating for the waves of gravity pitching the shuttle, she tried activating whatever shield or deflector systems available on the shuttle she was able to get her hands on.  Various systems were starting to short out on her. It was like swimming through a riptide. Then almost as suddenly as the violent waves of gravity had begun, the vortex went still. Taking advantage of the uneasy stillness, Ardyn managed to limp the shuttle further away from the vortex breach. From what she could tell from her consoles, the shields and deflectors were barely left. And something had gotten jostled in the warp engine enough to slow the shuttle down pretty significantly.
Taking a look at the maw of the vortex, she could see it shudder, then spew out hundreds of ships. Ardyn cursed. She hated doing evasive maneuvers on a  half-busted ship. But as the fleet of ships passed by the shuttle, another vortex opened, swallowing the fleet and almost taking the shuttle with it. As soon as the area quieted down, she turned warily towards the rest of the away team. "What in the world was that?"

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kirok

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on March 26, 2017, 10:01:33 PM

[Shuttle]

The notes on these corridors from the Voyager crew on how to navigate through one of these quantum slipstreams were quite detailed. Checking the stats on her computer panels she reasoned that with a couple engineering modifications that this little shuttle would probably be able to handle the shear of the slipstreams, if only just barely.

"Sounds good, Boss. Whenever you're ready, EQ, I'll take control of the Á¢â,¬"œ " She was interrupted by an alarm on the science scanner. Then another. She took a look on the controls, For some reason the space vortex seemed to swell in size, its immense gravity rocking the tiny shuttle.  "Guys! Hang on!" Compensating for the waves of gravity pitching the shuttle, she tried activating whatever shield or deflector systems available on the shuttle she was able to get her hands on.  Various systems were starting to short out on her. It was like swimming through a riptide. Then almost as suddenly as the violent waves of gravity had begun, the vortex went still. Taking advantage of the uneasy stillness, Ardyn managed to limp the shuttle further away from the vortex breach. From what she could tell from her consoles, the shields and deflectors were barely left. And something had gotten jostled in the warp engine enough to slow the shuttle down pretty significantly.
Taking a look at the maw of the vortex, she could see it shudder, then spew out hundreds of ships. Ardyn cursed. She hated doing evasive maneuvers on a  half-busted ship. But as the fleet of ships passed by the shuttle, another vortex opened, swallowing the fleet and almost taking the shuttle with it. As soon as the area quieted down, she turned warily towards the rest of the away team. "What in the world was that?"

[Shuttle]

"Apparently a demonstration that the gateway works"  EQ replied.  "They have apparently left, possibly by a separate conduit.  Sending the probe now, Sir" he added.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Non-Playing Character 1

[Main Engineering, Chief Engineers Office - Shran]

Energy signatures started to raise behind the cloaked walk within Commander Conwell office down in engineering. If it could be seem, the color wouldn't giving away something was wrong as the blue hue around the device was increasing in color, not the mention the sound.

The computer on the desk was activating with preset codes that was about to give everyone remaining on the Shran a surprise or two within the next minute or so as certain systems from the engines to the deflector dish activated. Alarms starting going off on the bridge as the vortex appear in front of the Shran while they are at warp sending them into a time vortex.

Kirok

Quote from: Lena Atwood on March 25, 2017, 11:16:38 PM

[Bridge]

Lena had relocated to the bridge during a shift change, she'd managed to make it on without drawing any attention and she'd taken over the vacant CIC liaison station at the back of the bridge. Annoyed about leaving her tea behind she watched the hologram pilot the ship, largely ignoring her own console. Not that anything was happening.

[Bridge]

Eve saw the young woman.  She raised her hand and motioned for the woman to take her place.  She stood expecting Atwood to take the vacated seat.

Quote from: Miriam HÁƒ¤llstrom on March 26, 2017, 10:21:46 AM

Bridge

Miriam looked over to Kirok and nodded in acknowledgement. "Aye admiral." Was all Miriam said as she begun to reroute the power. A few presses of the interface and she had begun to reroute the power to propulsion. She paused for a moment thinking about what to do next and then she nodded to herself and begun to power up the shields.

A few moments had been and power was rerouted, shields were up and Miriam looked up at the admiral and smiled. "Power rerouted admiral, shields are up." Miriam finished, smiling and then lowering her head back to work.

[Bridge]

"Very good, Ms. HÁƒ¤llstrom" Kirok said.  Several others arrived for duty.  Kirok passed out command like they were candy.

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 1 on March 26, 2017, 10:22:48 PM

[Main Engineering, Chief Engineers Office - Shran]

Energy signatures started to raise behind the cloaked walk within Commander Conwell office down in engineering. If it could be seem, the color wouldn't giving away something was wrong as the blue hue around the device was increasing in color, not the mention the sound.

The computer on the desk was activating with preset codes that was about to give everyone remaining on the Shran a surprise or two within the next minute or so as certain systems from the engines to the deflector dish activated. Alarms starting going off on the bridge as the vortex appear in front of the Shran while they are at warp sending them into a time vortex.

[Bridge]

The ship shook slightly.  "Report" Kirok called out.  Surly, he hoped, this would not be a repeat of their maiden voyage.

T'Ra Jones

[Shuttle]

[Shuttle]

T'Ra stood, moving off to the side to speak quietly with the first officer. It seemed a bit strange to ask her this now, after they had started. No matter. Her answer would have been the same. "There are a number of ways to shut this down," she informed him. "I've read extensive reports on Voyager's return to the Alpha quadrant by means of a transwarp conduit, which they subsequently destroyed. Our best options would be to fire anti-tachyons or torpedoes into the apertures."

Ich lache, weil es ein Loch in mir gibt.
-Evan Buehler

Ariste Stark

Quote from: Kirok on March 26, 2017, 10:34:22 PM

[Bridge]

The ship shook slightly.  "Report" Kirok called out.  Surly, he hoped, this would not be a repeat of their maiden voyage.

[Bridge]

Aristotle had been quiet, all this time. She'd had her job, so she was simply doing it, casually eyeing everyone who filtered onto the Bridge, one by one.
There wasn't much for her to do at first, before something caught her eye. Quirking a single brow in confusion. That confusion turned to annoyance, which turned quickly into alarm.

"Sir-" She began, spinning around on her heel, but was a moment too late, as alarms started blaring insistently, and an image she could only describe as terrifying popped up on the viewscreen.
Regaining her balance and swaying as the shit hit a minor 'road bump', she paused before turning back to Kirok.

"Sir," she tried again, this time mostly uninterrupted, "We're in some kind of vortex or tunnel that wasn't there before. But the stranger thing was, before this opened, someone unauthorized was initiating systems and programs that weren't needed." Turning back to her station, she started trying to trace where it came from. It likely would be a vacant, or an open-to-all computer, but nontheless it could be important.

James A. Hawke

[Shuttle]

Quote from: T'Ra Jones on March 27, 2017, 12:17:42 AM

[Shuttle]

T'Ra stood, moving off to the side to speak quietly with the first officer. It seemed a bit strange to ask her this now, after they had started. No matter. Her answer would have been the same. "There are a number of ways to shut this down," she informed him. "I've read extensive reports on Voyager's return to the Alpha quadrant by means of a transwarp conduit, which they subsequently destroyed. Our best options would be to fire anti-tachyons or torpedoes into the apertures."

James talked to Commander Jones alone for a second.  He was treating her like a First Officer in the mission and wanted to think of the alternatives.  Hawke looked down he was thinking not just the short term but the long term consequences of the decisions.

"Alright, Commander, begin preparation to shut one of them down, discreetly, I don't want the rest of the crew to know about this..."  James whispered to her.

He stood silent for a second and then said "T'Ra...wait let me explain... I'm to become death the destroyer of worlds...what I am trying to say is that we are opening a doorway; we might not be prepared to what's on the other side.  But at the same time, we are explorers and I might lock up from the wonder's on the other side...I'm just making sure I have multiple plans if need to"

He nodded at T'Ra and tried to gently squeeze her shoulder.  He made eye contact with her showing that he was taking the situation serious.

As his attention was drawn to T'Ra he heard the front of the shuttle a small conversation.

James heard the probe was launched.

Quote from: Ardyn Jaeger on March 26, 2017, 10:01:33 PM

[Shuttle]

James had his full attention to Commander Jones when he heard Ardy quickly move the Shuttle.   Not bracing himself he moved to the side of the shuttle.   The back of his shirt must have caught on a loop or something.   He felt a little resistance, instead of untangling it...he intead tried to force it.

*SCREECH*  A sound came from the back of James shirt as he heard the ripping noise of fabric.  He closed his eyes as he could not believe what just happened.  "I think my shirt just ripped, why are my shirt always messing up?"  James said.

With the back of his shirt ripped, James looked at the front of the shuttle.  "The probe is launch, Ardy focus on piloting it,"

He turned to the rest "Let me know when we have an idea where that probe is going"

"People, we got a Job to do and we will finish it, let's stay focused on the mission"  James said

Click on the Badge to see bio

Kirok

Quote from: James A. Hawke on March 27, 2017, 03:57:27 PM

[Shuttle]

He turned to the rest "Let me know when we have an idea where that probe is going"

"People, we got a Job to do and we will finish it, let's stay focused on the mission"  James said

[Shuttle]

"Our probe is making it's way through the conduit as we speak, Sir" EQ replied.  He watched as the walls of the conduit passed by.  "She is coming out on the other side in 3, 2, 1" he announced.

LK Reede

[Bridge]

Kirok turned toward the Sec/Tac stations.  "Ms. Reede, please initiate scan for vessels along our path" Kirok said.  Then he headed toward the central seat.

LK looked up when she heard her name. Her gaze fell back onto her console as she replied, "Initiating scans, sir."

Withing seconds a blip appeared on the tactical sensors. Then it was gone leaving LK to wonder what could be within engineering that would cause a fluctuation but, she reasoned, it was probably her active imagination. Again. After all, she'd just finished scanning the ship for anomalies and there were none.

"Sir-" Aristotle began, spinning around on her heel, but was a moment too late, as alarms started blaring insistently, and an image she could only describe as terrifying popped up on the viewscreen.

Regaining her balance and swaying as the shit hit a minor 'road bump', she paused before turning back to Kirok.

"Sir," she tried again, this time mostly uninterrupted, "We're in some kind of vortex or tunnel that wasn't there before. But the stranger thing was, before this opened, someone unauthorized was initiating systems and programs that weren't needed." Turning back to her station, she started trying to trace where it came from. It likely would be a vacant, or an open-to-all computer, but nontheless it could be important.

LK grabbed at the edge of her workstation keeping her balance easily. "Something's happening," she mumbled aloud.

Kirok

Quote from: Ariste Stark on March 27, 2017, 02:01:13 PM

[Bridge]

Aristotle had been quiet, all this time. She'd had her job, so she was simply doing it, casually eyeing everyone who filtered onto the Bridge, one by one.
There wasn't much for her to do at first, before something caught her eye. Quirking a single brow in confusion. That confusion turned to annoyance, which turned quickly into alarm.

"Sir-" She began, spinning around on her heel, but was a moment too late, as alarms started blaring insistently, and an image she could only describe as terrifying popped up on the viewscreen.

[Bridge]

Kirok's eyes went toward the main view screen.  The scene looked oddly familiar.  His left eyebrow arched slightly.

Was this another one of Sloan's attacks?  Or was it something else entirely?  Time would tell.

"Track the source of the program.  Send the location to Mr. Tre'el" Kirok replied.  He then turned back toward the Cardassian and offered a nod, knowing the Cardassian would handle the situation if needed.

Quote from: LK Reede on March 27, 2017, 06:43:53 PM

[Bridge]

LK looked up when she heard her name. Her gaze fell back onto her console as she replied, "Initiating scans, sir."

Withing seconds a blip appeared on the tactical sensors. Then it was gone leaving LK to wonder what could be within engineering that would cause a fluctuation but, she reasoned, it was probably her active imagination. Again. After all, she'd just finished scanning the ship for anomalies and there were none.

LK grabbed at the edge of her workstation keeping her balance easily. "Something's happening," she mumbled aloud.

[Bridge]

"Look for tachyon and chroniton particles, Ms. Reede.  Let's go to Yellow Alert" Kirok added.  "Helm, initiate inertial dampeners.  Ops, distribute power as needed" the half Vulcan said.

Non-Playing Character 1

Quote from: Ariste Stark on March 27, 2017, 02:01:13 PM

[Bridge]

Quote from: LK Reede on March 27, 2017, 06:43:53 PM

[Bridge]

Quote from: Kirok on March 27, 2017, 11:26:29 PM

[Bridge]

Kirok's eyes went toward the main view screen.  The scene looked oddly familiar.  His left eyebrow arched slightly.

Was this another one of Sloan's attacks?  Or was it something else entirely?  Time would tell.

"Track the source of the program.  Send the location to Mr. Tre'el" Kirok replied.  He then turned back toward the Cardassian and offered a nod, knowing the Cardassian would handle the situation if needed.

[Bridge]

"Look for tachyon and chroniton particles, Ms. Reede.  Let's go to Yellow Alert" Kirok added.  "Helm, initiate inertial dampeners.  Ops, distribute power as needed" the half Vulcan said.

[Time Vortex]

The Shran was only in the time vortex for maybe ten minutes before the deflector dish sent out another pulse opening a spatial rift before spitting the large battleship back out into subspace. The only problem it was no where near were they original were and the second became very obvious.

All around the Shran an massive battle was going on. On one side strange configuration of vessels mostly black with small amounts of orange were organized in a more defensive pattern facing off against many Well's, Federations, and another of other species. They were joined by a number of Federation vessels too and more Wells class vessels than the opposition. One thing was for sure, the unknown configuration vessels here would make up to the same ones seen coming out of the Delta gateway by the shuttle crew.

The opposition though had the advange of vessels that were not seen in the past yet, including temporal destroyers, and temporal cruisers, along with many vessels though not outnumbering the defenders yet.

Suddenly IFF appear on at least one of the timeships that was taking heavy fire, the NCV Nemesis!

=/\= This is the Nemesis to KA Flagship Azure Fligment, we've taken severe damage to engines... Heavy dam..e ... to ... a..l  de..ks.. Temp..ral S...elding fa..ure imm..ent.. =/\=

=/\= Standby Nemesis.. Helps on the way.. =/\= responding a very familiar voice to all parties.

Jor Garan

Jor had reached the bridge. He was also a beginners aboard the USS Shran and he felt a little embarrased to enter currently during the situation. But it probably needed an hand enforcing on the bridge.So, befor entering, he touched the earing and said "Voka a benter", walk with the Prophets,  by himself and then, when the automated doors slipped away, He entered moving quickly. He reported directly to the Admiral Kirok: "Aye Sir, I'm Jor Garan, scientific division. I'm here to give an hand. What's priority application?" he asked waiting for a responde form Admiral Kirok.

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.