Author Topic: Post of the Month - January 2017 (Part 2)  (Read 370 times)  Share 

Offline Kirok

• Senior Flag Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 197
  • Head of Fleet Media & Recruitment (Admin)
    • View Profile
    • Shadow Fleet Facebook Page
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July to the most diplomatic player. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month.
Post of the Month - January 2017 (Part 2)
« on: February 01, 2017, 02:25:07 AM »
Fleeters,

As promised, here is part two of our January 2017 Post of the Month awards.

This month we were overwhelmed in a good way by Borg.

First, we had two liberated Borg join the group (EQ Kimball and Nathan Benjamin).

And then we launched into a special featured Borg mission that has been lots of fun.

And we had a lot of new players join the group.

In fact, it is one of our brand new players who has earned the Post of the Month award for this great piece of writing:

[Deck 10, Phaser Bank Systems]

Jada laid the targeting reticule over a piece of debris from the recent battle – just a hunk of metal tumbling end over end through space, though she darkly wished there was a Tzenkethi floating around out there she could use instead. She squeezed the fire button, but no phaser lanced out, but rather an invisible laser used for range-finding, targeting, and, right now, calibration. Sensors (per protocol, she'd submitted a memo to Science for permission to receive relevant sensor data) showed no reflected laser beam, nor even scattering lighting up nearby space dust and gases. A miss; the fight had misaligned the emitters, or else any subsequent calibrations had been lost in the reboot. Jada set the system to auto-calibrate, seeking and re-seeking its target, until reflections and strong scattering were detected, indicating a hit. With a little fine-tuning, she could call it accurate, and locked it in.

That was phaser bank 8 done. 'How are you two going?' she asked Bexx and the Ops man she hadn't learned the name of.

He wrenched the conduit together with the hyperspanner, and grinned up at her. 'Phaser power is reconnected, darling.'

Jada replied coolly 'I am no one's "darling". Bexx?'

'The auxiliary resonance inducer is indicating a fault.'

'I can fix it in five.'

'We can replace it one, then you may fix it in five.' Jada noted. She wanted to get the phaser banks up and running, ASAP as the humans put it. Her ship, and her pride, were on the line. With a little Orion efficiency and corner-cutting, she could have them ready sooner and more effectively.

It didn't take long for the suspect component (modular like anything else Starfleet made) to be removed and replaced with one Bexx fetched from stores, while Jada tested phaser bank 9 and found it still correctly aligned. Then she whooped 'We are back on-line!'

She quickly commed Lt. Hawk. =/\='Jada to Hawk: phaser banks 8 and 9 are repaired and back on-line.'=/\=

Please help me to congratulate Jada!

Sincerely,

Kirok

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.  Click to see my Bio!
We should try to be dream makers - not dream breakers;-)

Facebook:  https://facebook.com/ShadowFleetRPG
Twitter:  https://twitter.com/shadow_fleet

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Ship Representive's
  • Experienced Member
  • User rating 45
  • May fortune favor the foolish
    • MSN Messenger - K_hill3_4ever@hotmail.com
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - usm0506
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them.
Re: Post of the Month - January 2017 (Part 2)
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 02:30:11 AM »
Congrats

Athena Ship Rep. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Offline Lena Atwood

• User rating 3
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2017, 02:30:26 AM »
Congratulations!
When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.— Leonardo Da Vinci

Sir Lena of House Atwood, Grand Marshall of Hospitality

Offline Sevoc

• User rating 19
  • That is most illogical...
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    86%
  • Awards Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who go above and beyond what is asked of them. Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2017, 02:30:43 AM »
Well done

So that would make me a blue-blooded hobgoblin?
Alt for Leo

Offline T'Ra Jones

• Academy Science Instructor
  • Veteran Member
  • User rating 116
  • Browncoat in disguise.
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years. Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players who are always online and posting.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2017, 02:56:39 AM »
Fantastic! I remember reading that one.

Das Problem ist, die Menschen haben den Hang, genau das zu wählen, was am schlechtesten für sie ist.
-Dumbledore
Mal:Someone's carryin' a bullet for you right now, doesn't even know it. The trick is, die of old age before it finds you.

Offline Kinley Garrison

• Ship Representive's
  • Competent Member
  • User rating 28
  • Shenanigans ensueth.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to the new arrival who displays the most effort and ability. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year.
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2017, 03:06:35 AM »
Congrats!
We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

Offline Luke Stafford

• Ancient Member
  • User rating 116
  • Commanding Officer - Starbase Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2017, 03:36:15 AM »
Good job! Keep those posts of the month coming shadow fleet!

Offline Miriam Hällstrom

• User rating 4
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 04:42:32 AM »
Great post!
Miriam Hällstrom / Click my ID to view my Bio!
Click to view Personal Log!

Offline D'Vid

• User rating 8
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2017, 12:09:05 PM »
Indeed good job.

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Jada

• User rating 15
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2017, 12:50:03 PM »

Offline James H. Hawk

• Second Officers
  • Competent Member
  • User rating 33
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    88%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2017, 03:59:17 PM »
Congrats! Those EPC onese were great as well, Jada. The Rap Battle was one of the most amusing posts I've seen.

Keep up the good work, your doing great so far!
Academy Security and Tactical Instructor

Offline Race Warez

• User rating 9
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for two years.
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2017, 06:52:34 PM »
Very nice. And I learned a new word. Cool!

"No, I'm from Iowa. I only work in space." - Admiral Kirk

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • User rating 66
  • Don't mind the Salt level.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts.
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 06:56:16 PM »
Good Job Jada!!

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites Top 100 Original SciFi Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Maelstrom Role Play RPG-D