Author Topic: Star trek Discovery CBS  (Read 956 times)  Share 

Offline Ian Galloway

• Competent Member
  • User rating 15
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
Re: Star trek Discovery CBS
« Reply #34 on: May 19, 2017, 05:41:22 PM »
I just figure Trek has always had inconsistencies, those inconsistencies are so common that there is even an acronym for it: YATI, yet another trek inconsistency. So, I just shrug and choose to not let perfection become the enemy of the good. Given the alternative is no Trek or, even worse, more JJTrek, I'm good with Discovery. 

Offline Scott Bradley

• Probationer
  • User rating 17
  • Chief Tactical Officer, USS Discovery
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    8%
  • Awards Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM. Awarded in January 2012 to all active members. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for five years or more. Awarded to any player present for the majority of the B.O.R.G. arc in 2011. Awarded every January by the FCO.
« Reply #35 on: May 19, 2017, 09:19:39 PM »
I just figure Trek has always had inconsistencies, those inconsistencies are so common that there is even an acronym for it: YATI, yet another trek inconsistency. So, I just shrug and choose to not let perfection become the enemy of the good. Given the alternative is no Trek or, even worse, more JJTrek, I'm good with Discovery. 

I agree with this so much, i liked the look of the trailer, and i'm cautiously optimistic for the series despite the reported issues they have had.

As for the problems with the ship looking more advanced, I might have to give back my trekkie card but i think the fandom has to get over it. TOS was ground breaking but it was made 51 years ago. Production values have moved on a hell of a lot in that time, and this series has to gather new fans to the franchise, so making it look good is something we should deal with. It's not the first time things have changed with no explanation, remember TMP? The Klingons where updated with no explanation, but we rolled with it. It wasn't until 26 years later that Enterprise gave an in story explanation.

Offline D'Vid

• Competent Member
  • User rating 14
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running
« Reply #36 on: May 19, 2017, 11:32:43 PM »
Only thing I was impress was Asian Captain and that is it. I might not be able to watch this cause I am still trying to adjust to Enterprise.....and I feel this series might lose me but I have here to continue what I love about Star Trek

Parent account is D'Vid to contact me. Thanks

Offline Constance Lafayette

• Senior Flag Officer
  • User rating 82
  • I love the smell of paperwork in the morning.
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded by the FCO to the CO who has shown the best leadership. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #37 on: May 20, 2017, 03:06:59 AM »
Only thing I was impress was Asian Captain and that is it. I might not be able to watch this cause I am still trying to adjust to Enterprise.....and I feel this series might lose me but I have here to continue what I love about Star Trek

*Brushes some imaginary dust off her shoulder*

Rear Admiral Constance Lafayette
Commanding Officer, USS Athena
Academy Command Officer Instructor
Character Biography

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Shadowplay Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D