Author Topic: Star trek Discovery CBS  (Read 739 times)

Offline Leonard T. Scott

• Flight Control Instructor
  • Second Officers
  • Experienced Member
  • May fortune favor the foolish
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 5 Years Awarded to any player who writes the Post of the Month. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
Re: Star trek Discovery CBS
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2017, 08:21:14 PM »

Athena Second Officer. Feel free to message me if have any issues that need addressing.
Flight Control Instructor
"Keyboard. How quaint." - Captain Montgomery Scott

Offline Alexander Wu

• Academy Medical Instructor
  • Veteran Member
  • Militi Succurrimus
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to any player who has been with the Fleet 3 Years Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for one year. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2017, 09:14:10 PM »
Looks like Discovery got delayed again. This time it's indefinite though.
http://arstechnica.com/the-multiverse/2017/01/star-trek-discovery-gets-stuck-in-spacedock-for-at-least-a-little-longer/

I can confirm that this show is in active production and is currently being filmed. Some of the reasons why it's been delayed has to do with differing ideas from the producers and rewrites of scenes/set designs. They only finalized and finished building a few of main sets in December, so there's alot of work still to be done.

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity. The hottest place in Hell is reserved for those who remain neutral in times of great moral conflict." -MLK, Jr.

Offline Solluk

• Competent Member
  • Life is not endurable without a sense of humor.
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2017, 09:25:32 PM »
It is without doubt that the production of Discovery has been a long, interminable train wreck.  The show has faced setbacks at every turn, and has become a repeated embarrassment to CBS.  Their prized hunting Falcon has become an Albatross for the launching of their paid online streaming service.  (A service I subscribed to when Discovery was announced, in a gesture of support for their efforts.)  They have been forced to explain themselves time and again to stockholders.

It would be hard to identify a more flawed and problem-ridden Trek series launch.   I don't think that even Phase II encountered so many difficulties.

However, as I read about the perpetual stream of problems, I try to remind myself that in the myths and legends of many cultures, the Hero is often the product of a terrible, painful birth.

And so I hold out hope...

Offline Ian Galloway

• Competent Member
  • Awarded to any player who stuck with the site during the June 2017 Site Move Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: March 16, 2017, 10:21:29 PM »
It does seem to be having its troubles getting off the ground, but, it's potentially because they are trying to get it right. Naive beyond words I know, but even a blind squirrel finds an acorn every once and awhile.