S1 M5: Trial by Fire

Started by William Waring, January 03, 2017, 12:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

William Waring

Quote from: Ian Galloway on January 20, 2017, 08:41:07 PM

[Bridge]

Ian relaxed marginally as the doctor acknowledged the medical team was on the way, but knew he wouldn't feel he'd done his duty until the Van Buren was aboard.

"Bloody little gits."

He growled at the Tzenkethi as he fired fore and aft starboard thrusters to keep the Tempest moving sideways toward the damaged shuttle and made minute adjustment on the helm controls to keep the Van Buren lined up with shuttle bay four. So focused on his task, he began to croon softly as he made his corrections.

"Easy now Lass, steady as ya goes. Sweet as honey now. Up one degree. Port one degree. Yes, that's it. As gentle as a Lass slippin' on her stockin's. Three hundred meters. Two hundred. Down one degree. One hundred. No changin' yer mind now Lass. DOCKED!"

Ian's shoulders slumped in relief as the Van Buren entered the shuttle bay. Before he cancelled the thrusters and drove three quarters impulse straight forward, pivoting hard to port to go after the nearest of the teardrop shaped Tzenkethi fighters.

"Now tis time to erase these wankers from this version of space time!"

[Shuttle Bay - Van Buren]

Will had felt the entrance to the Shuttle Bay and it was far from standard to say the least. He brushed off the landing, considering the situation, as the Medical Team did their duty.

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on January 20, 2017, 10:34:14 PM

Shuttle Bay 4

Lizzie and the others could only look on as the damaged shuttle was literally scooped up into the shuttle bay. Motioning for the others to stay back while the team of shuttle bay techs put out the fires. It was only when they were given the all clear, that Lizzie led her little group up to the hatch that one of the techs had already forced open. She was first through and surveyed the scene. An initial glance told her Will was not seriously hurt, but the Caitian was another matter. She went straight over to him and pulling out her tricorder, began to scan. As she did so she turned to Will.

"What happened?" She asked, not liking what her tricorder was telling her.

Will say the hatch open and the Medical Team spill in. As Lizzie began examining K'lizh he removed his uniform jacket, which he just noticed was singed beyond repair.

Once he removed the jacket he answered Lizzie "Well, we secured the prisoner. We were making our way back and that's when it went pear shaped. Our shields were compromised, the prisoner was transported out and the shuttle, as you can see, took a hell of a beating. K'lizh had his panel explode hence his injuries."

Quote from: Klizh on January 20, 2017, 10:52:04 PM

K'lizh was could feel the hot metal working its way into his skin, or at least that's what the fire in his nerves told him. He was barely aware of what was happening around him, Waring's voice a distant echo he barely noticed. By the time medics arrived in the shuttle, blood had completely soaked through to his tattered outer jacket and gotten into his eyes and blinded him. He had stopped screaming, at least, but the pathetic whimpering was not much an improvement.

He had just enough sense of self to hear the doctor's question. "P-poor sssafety engineerrrring," he slurred in his native tongue, leaving it to the universal translator to let the humans understand him.

Will moved close enough to the Caitian that only he and K'lizh could hear "I will find that bastard who did this K'lizh and believe me, once I'm done with him he will wish he died here."

"Take good care of him doctor. I owe him a drink" he said as he made his way to the turbolift.

[Bridge]

Will entered the Bridge and his anger was evident, a complete contrast of his normal personality. Uniform jacket still in hand he made his way to an Environmental Auxiliary Bridge Station and temporarily configured it for Communications then he began transmitting a message on every frequency the ship could handle, including those suspected of being used by the enemy.

=A= Attention Tzenkethi, I am William Waring... your worst nightmare. Unlike my fellow officers here, I am not afraid of death, torture and especially not you. You have injuried one of my men and for that I will not rest until everyone you ever knew, talked to or looked at is dead or rotting away on a Penal Colony. There will be no surrender, I will make you suffer and oh you will suffer, I guarantee it. I suggest you sleep with one eye open at night. =A=

Will punched the panel, terminating the open frequencies along with shattering the display of the Station.

"Find the warp trail of the craft that took our prisoner. I'm out for blood..."

RESERVED

Julia Rellek

Injuries... Julia knew that she was directly responsible for whatever happened out there. When Will joined the crew on the bridge without a chance to ask questions Will transmitted a message.

Quote from: William Warring

=A= Attention Tzenkethi, I am William Waring... your worst nightmare. Unlike my fellow officers here, I am not afraid of death, torture and especially not you. You have injuried one of my men and for that I will not rest until everyone you ever knew, talked to or looked at is dead or rotting away on a Penal Colony. There will be no surrender, I will make you suffer and oh you will suffer, I guarantee it. I suggest you sleep with one eye open at night. =A=

Julia wasn't the type of commanding officer who raised her voice. She had a tendency to listen quietly and direct softly but she couldn't believe what she had just witnessed. "Commander!" She spoke clearly and directly. "Do you have any idea of what you could potentially have just started. Right now these are skirmishes. Are you prepared for war? Because I don't want that and neither does the Federation."

She looked over, disappointed in his recklessness, and lowered the volume of her voice back to its normal level. "Take your post, Commander, we'll talk later."

"Ensign Galloway, lay in a pursuit course and engage at maximum warp. Mr. Hawk, waht's the status of our defensive and offensive systems? T'Prina, are our sensors still operating at maximum efficiency? Commander Hawke, please check in with the engine room? Make sure we are capable of maximum warp."

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

James H. Hawk

Quote from: Julia Rellek on January 19, 2017, 02:13:17 AM

"Good work!" Julia commented towards the science officer.

"Mr. Hawk, have a security team awaiting the shuttlecrafts return." She asked.

=/\="Tempest to Commander Warring. We've got you a little extra cover. Let me know when you've gotten the prisoner and are returning."=/\=

[Bridge]

"Aye, ma'am. Security Team in position," James reported, already one step ahead of his captain. He had already sent Security Teams to the Shuttlebay the moment the shuttle had left. He left his station and was relived by another officer as James headed to join the Security Team.

Quote from: William Waring on January 19, 2017, 12:11:48 PM

[Van Buren]

=A= Van Buren to Tempest, our shields were compromised and the prisoner was transported off. Can you trace where the transporter signal came from? =A=

James was almost in the turbolift when he heard the bad news. Damnit, nothing can ever go right, can it? he thought. Immediately, he moved swiftly back to the Tactical Station sending the other officer away.

When Commander Waring entered the Bridge and with a great deal of anger sent the Tzenkethi a message, James was surprised. The Tempest had already had crewmen killed in the previous confrontations and even their deaths hadn't sparked this kind of reaction from the XO. Perhaps K'lizh's injury was just the straw that broke the Camels back or maybe Waring was closer to K'lizh than James had realised. Either way, it wasn't really James' business.

Quote from: Julia Rellek on January 21, 2017, 04:20:01 AM

Julia wasn't the type of commanding officer who raised her voice. She had a tendency to listen quietly and direct softly but she couldn't believe what she had just witnessed. "Commander!" She spoke clearly and directly. "Do you have any idea of what you could potentially have just started. Right now these are skirmishes. Are you prepared for war? Because I don't want that and neither does the Federation."

She looked over, disappointed in his recklessness, and lowered the volume of her voice back to its normal level. "Take your post, Commander, we'll talk later."

"Ensign Galloway, lay in a pursuit course and engage at maximum warp. Mr. Hawk, waht's the status of our defensive and offensive systems? T'Prina, are our sensors still operating at maximum efficiency? Commander Hawke, please check in with the engine room? Make sure we are capable of maximum warp."

"Our shields are holding at 68%. Structural Integrity is holding at 97%. 11 of 13 Phaser Banks are operating normally with minimal damage to the other 2 which my Department should be able to repair quickly. Torpedo launchers are operating normally as are Tactical Sensors. Casualties are minimal with no deaths reported," James replied. The Tzenkethi were obviously just here to get their prisoner back. Had they have chosen to focus all their fighters and capital ships on the Tempest they could have caused some serrious damage so they either made a major Tactical error or had other priorities.

Several minutes of thinking later, James decided to speak to the Captain. "Captain, if I may," James said wanting to have his analysis heard, "The Tzenkethi could have done some serious damage to us if they had so choosen. Instead, they focused on freeing their captured prisoner. This attack of theirs was very bold and high risk. If Starfleet had stationed more ships in this sector they would have certainly been repelled..." James paused at that notion thinking back to their first encounter with these terrorists. James had submitted a report to Starfleet Tactical Command and recommended the stationing of at least one Akira Class Carrier at Starbase 621 to help against the Tzenkethi...they hadn't listened to him and this was one time he wished he was wrong. "What I'm getting at is this prisoner must be worth a lot and must have information that could severely hurt this terrorist group, if they were willing to risk that much of their forces. While I'm at it, they have a great deal of resources far more than a terrorist group should have. While they may not officially be the Tzenkethi government there is no way that they don't have at least some support in the Tzenkethi government and military. Starfleet Command and the Federation Government needs to pay more attention and take this situation more serriously before it escalates further, ma'am," James said. He was probably overstepping himself, he was just a lowly Tactical Lieutenant and it certainly wasn't his job to dictate Federation foreign policy and Starfleet Millitary Strategy but he didn't care, he needed to do something. "I think they are planing something big, ma'am," he stated. Everything the Tzenkethi were doing pointed to the lead up to something big and it worried James.

Lizzie Vaughan

Quote from: Klizh on January 20, 2017, 10:52:04 PM

K'lizh was could feel the hot metal working its way into his skin, or at least that's what the fire in his nerves told him. He was barely aware of what was happening around him, Waring's voice a distant echo he barely noticed. By the time medics arrived in the shuttle, blood had completely soaked through to his tattered outer jacket and gotten into his eyes and blinded him. He had stopped screaming, at least, but the pathetic whimpering was not much an improvement.

He had just enough sense of self to hear the doctor's question. "P-poor sssafety engineerrrring," he slurred in his native tongue, leaving it to the universal translator to let the humans understand him.

Shuttle Van Buren

Lizzie listened to the Caitian as he replied in his native tongue. While she was far from fluent, she understood the gist of what he was saying.

"Don't worry Mr Klizh, we'll soon have you back on your feet." She replied softly.

Quote from: William Waring on January 21, 2017, 03:57:59 AM

[Shuttle Bay - Van Buren]

Will had felt the entrance to the Shuttle Bay and it was far from standard to say the least. He brushed off the landing, considering the situation, as the Medical Team did their duty.Will say the hatch open and the Medical Team spill in. As Lizzie began examining K'lizh he removed his uniform jacket, which he just noticed was singed beyond repair.

Once he removed the jacket he answered Lizzie "Well, we secured the prisoner. We were making our way back and that's when it went pear shaped. Our shields were compromised, the prisoner was transported out and the shuttle, as you can see, took a hell of a beating. K'lizh had his panel explode hence his injuries."Will moved close enough to the Caitian that only he and K'lizh could hear "I will find that bastard who did this K'lizh and believe me, once I'm done with him he will wish he died here."

"Take good care of him doctor. I owe him a drink" he said as he made his way to the turbolift.

Lizzie nodded as Will spoke.

"I'll keep you updated." She said as Will headed to the turbolift. She then turned to the techs.

"We can't move him without doing more damage. I'll transport him back, you three make your way back."

The Nurse nodded and let the two techs back to sickbay.

As they left, Lizzie positioned herself so Klizh was partially in her lap before tapping her com-badge.

=/\=Vaughan to Ops. Two to transport directly to Sickbay.=/\=

Bio: Lizzie Vaughan Bio
Academy Medical Instructor
In Memorium.

William Waring

Injuries... Julia knew that she was directly responsible for whatever happened out there. When Will joined the crew on the bridge without a chance to ask questions Will transmitted a message.

[Bridge]

Will was still fuming when the Captain told him to resume his post "Captain, with all due respect, K'lizh could have been killed on that shuttle! Are we supposed to stand by and just take it?"

Will finally made it to his seat and sat down. "Ma'am. The Tzenkethi are the ones engaging the skirmishes. If they had bigger or better ships they would certainly use them. I doubt these rebels have much more then this." Then he went silent, he would bide his time but he would make the Tzenkethi pay with their blood.

RESERVED

Ian Galloway

[Bridge]

Quote from: William Waring on January 21, 2017, 02:01:03 PM

[Bridge]

Will was still fuming when the Captain told him to resume his post "Captain, with all due respect, K'lizh could have been killed on that shuttle! Are we supposed to stand by and just take it?"

Will finally made it to his seat and sat down. "Ma'am. The Tzenkethi are the ones engaging the skirmishes. If they had bigger or better ships they would certainly use them. I doubt these rebels have much more then this." Then he went silent, he would bide his time but he would make the Tzenkethi pay with their blood.

"Aye Sir! Maximum warp."

Ian replied tersely, immediately putting word to deed, and all could see the starlines as the Tempest went to warp. Although he remained silent during the exchange between the Captain and the First Office, Ian had run through a gamut of emotions. Relief to see Waring safe, confusion as he made a most un-Starfleet like vendetta against the Tzenkethi, and now just plain awkwardness as the two clearly did not agree on their next course of action. As this was still his first hour as an ensign, he knew his only place was to remain silent and do his job, because the wrong word right now would have him wondering how someone could get kicked out of Starfleet in less than one day as an officer.

"Right now, I'd sooner try ta flap my ears and fly around the bridge before ya could get me ta say anything but a first year cadet's replies of 'yes sir', 'no sir' and 'I dinnae understand sir', Bloody hell, I'm nae certain that there were more fireworks out there or in here. Time fer Mrs. Galloway's little boy Ian ta become one with the bloody bulkheads fer now. Damn I hope Mr. K'lizh will pull through."

As the Tempest was no longer maneuvering for her life, Ian happened to glance down and frowned.

"Bollocks, I'm still out of uniform. Perhaps if things can calm down, I can get ta a replicator ta get out of these cadet's grays and reds."

Ian frowned at his train of thought.

"Here we are at red alert, and I'm bloody worried about what I'm wearin' like some Lass goin' ta the prom. Get yerself together man!"

Ian then refocused on his hasty flight ops panel and wondered what the next hour would bring.

Kirok

Quote from: William Waring on January 21, 2017, 02:01:03 PM

[Bridge]

[Bridge]

The Deltan's question has gone unanswered.  Possibly due to the Commander's odd outburst.  But in a sense it did confirm in some way her hypothesis.

This time she spoke a bit louder.  "Captain.  The Commander may be correct.  But, I have a theory I would like to present as based on what I have observed" she said.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

S'Murr

[Engineering]

S'Murr felt the ship change direction and go to warp. He glanced down at the displays. Maximum Warp. Still red alert. With no new orders, he went back to the familiar.
"Warp core output normal, Sir," he said to Benjamin. "All drive systems functional, and helm controls are working even if they are a bit Scotty'd at the moment." He looked up to the pulsating warp core and listened to the low pulsing rumble of the ship. Benjamin probably could not hear what S'murr heard; to low for humans. Unfortunate for Benjamin; it was glorious.

I cannot believe they let me mess with this thing! he thought to himself.

"Sir, shields are reduced to 68%, and a couple of phaser banks are disabled. Shall I assist with the repairs?"

Ian Galloway

[Bridge]

Once the Tempest was at warp with the course layed in, Ian had little to do and he began to wonder about K'lizh and thinking about the Caitian, got him to thinking about S'Murr. Ian tapped a control on his panel that opened a private channel to engineering.

"Galloway ta S'Murr. Bad news mate, yer countryman's been wounded. He's in sickbay and Doctor's workin' on him. I know there is nae anything ya can do about it, but I'd figured ya want ta know."

Ian managed a quick smile even though S'Murr couldn't see him.

"Is this as amazin' fer ya as it is fer me? I would nae be anywhere in the Alpha Quadrant right now."

S'Murr

[Engineering]

Quote from: Ian Galloway on January 22, 2017, 01:07:05 AM

"Galloway ta S'Murr. Bad news mate, yer countryman's been wounded. He's in sickbay and Doctor's workin' on him. I know there is nae anything ya can do about it, but I'd figured ya want ta know."

"Is this as amazin' fer ya as it is fer me? I would nae be anywhere in the Alpha Quadrant right now."

S'Murr felt ice run down his spine and to his tail. He had to have meant K'lizh. S'Murr had not even spoken to his fellow Caitian yet. He felt a sudden anxiousness. He responded on the private channel.

=/\= Thank-you, Ian. I am certain CMO Vaughan will take excellent care of him. And yes, this has been amazing. After this is over, I think I would like some of that dreadful brew you were consuming in Ten Forward. =/\=

S'Murr paused for a moment. He did not even know K'lizh, but he still felt a connection. They were, after all, both Caitians among humans (mostly). He tapped his com-badge.

=/\= Crewman S'Murr to medical. If there is anything I can do to help Mr. K'lizh, please let me know. =/\=

He looked up at the pulsing warp core, then around engineering. And you are also injured he though. How do I prioritize the life of a stranger with my duty to this ship?

Ian Galloway

Quote from: S'Murr on January 22, 2017, 02:56:16 AM

[Engineering]

S'Murr felt ice run down his spine and to his tail. He had to have meant K'lizh. S'Murr had not even spoken to his fellow Caitian yet. He felt a sudden anxiousness. He responded on the private channel.

=/\= Thank-you, Ian. I am certain CMO Vaughan will take excellent care of him. And yes, this has been amazing. After this is over, I think I would like some of that dreadful brew you were consuming in Ten Forward. =/\=

[Bridge]

Ian smiled as he replied

=/\= "We'll make a proper Scot out of ya yet Lad. Good huntin', Galloway out." =/\=

Ian then rescanned his station to make sure that when whatever happened next, he'd be ready for it.

Julia Rellek

[Bridge]

Julia looked down to the Ensign manning the operations station in K'Llizh's absence. "Please engage transport per the doctors request." She ordered.

Quote from: William Warring

[Bridge]

Julia couldn't shake the feeling that she was fighting a war on multiple fronts. She understood the strong feelings of her Executive Officer but she couldn't help but wonder if it highlighted some growth needed on his part. "Commander, we will discuss this at a later."

The Captain turned to her science officers. "Nagla and T'Prina, when we reach that vessel I want to find a way to locate our prisoner." She asked.

Quote from: James Hawk

"Our shields are holding at 68%. Structural Integrity is holding at 97%. 11 of 13 Phaser Banks are operating normally with minimal damage to the other 2 which my Department should be able to repair quickly. Torpedo launchers are operating normally as are Tactical Sensors. Casualties are minimal with no deaths reported," James replied. The Tzenkethi were obviously just here to get their prisoner back. Had they have chosen to focus all their fighters and capital ships on the Tempest they could have caused some serrious damage so they either made a major Tactical error or had other priorities.

Several minutes of thinking later, James decided to speak to the Captain. "Captain, if I may," James said wanting to have his analysis heard, "The Tzenkethi could have done some serious damage to us if they had so choosen. Instead, they focused on freeing their captured prisoner. This attack of theirs was very bold and high risk. If Starfleet had stationed more ships in this sector they would have certainly been repelled..." James paused at that notion thinking back to their first encounter with these terrorists. James had submitted a report to Starfleet Tactical Command and recommended the stationing of at least one Akira Class Carrier at Starbase 621 to help against the Tzenkethi...they hadn't listened to him and this was one time he wished he was wrong. "What I'm getting at is this prisoner must be worth a lot and must have information that could severely hurt this terrorist group, if they were willing to risk that much of their forces. While I'm at it, they have a great deal of resources far more than a terrorist group should have. While they may not officially be the Tzenkethi government there is no way that they don't have at least some support in the Tzenkethi government and military. Starfleet Command and the Federation Government needs to pay more attention and take this situation more serriously before it escalates further, ma'am," James said. He was probably overstepping himself, he was just a lowly Tactical Lieutenant and it certainly wasn't his job to dictate Federation foreign policy and Starfleet Millitary Strategy but he didn't care, he needed to do something. "I think they are planing something big, ma'am," he stated. Everything the Tzenkethi were doing pointed to the lead up to something big and it worried James.

"I agree Lieutenant, I think that's what we're doing here. Nothing quite says seriously like a galaxy class starship. Have your team see if they can restore power to those last two phaser banks." She said with a slight smile.
Quote from: Zex

[Bridge]

The Deltan's question has gone unanswered.  Possibly due to the Commander's odd outburst.  But in a sense it did confirm in some way her hypothesis.

This time she spoke a bit louder.  "Captain.  The Commander may be correct.  But, I have a theory I would like to present as based on what I have observed" she said.

Following a series of opinions on the matter, Julia was starting to wonder if other Captain's faced these issues. She had been hesitant as to the need of a councilor. In day-to-day ship operations it was a nice luxury, especially with so many families aboard. But in tense situations she sometimes seemed to be in the way.

"Ensign?" She said awaiting the Deltan's suggestion.

"Somewhere, something incredible is waiting to be known." - Carl Sagan

Ardyn Jaeger

Quote from: Lizzie Vaughan on January 21, 2017, 09:41:10 AM

Shuttle Van Buren

Lizzie listened to the Caitian as he replied in his native tongue. While she was far from fluent, she understood the gist of what he was saying.

"Don't worry Mr Klizh, we'll soon have you back on your feet." She replied softly.

Lizzie nodded as Will spoke.

"I'll keep you updated." She said as Will headed to the turbolift. She then turned to the techs.

"We can't move him without doing more damage. I'll transport him back, you three make your way back."

The Nurse nodded and let the two techs back to sickbay.

As they left, Lizzie positioned herself so Klizh was partially in her lap before tapping her com-badge.

=/\=Vaughan to Ops. Two to transport directly to Sickbay.=/\=

[Sickbay]

Ardyn overheard the conversation on the CMO's comm.  Something wrong had happened on one of the shuttles. And from the sound of it, it wasn't good. And she couldn't do much about it, much to her chagrin.

Click the badge to read my bio

If history repeats itself, I am SO getting myself a dinosaur -- Oh wait, I did.
Alt of Kinley Garrison

Kirok

Quote from: Julia Rellek on January 23, 2017, 02:38:41 AM

Following a series of opinions on the matter, Julia was starting to wonder if other Captain's faced these issues. She had been hesitant as to the need of a councilor. In day-to-day ship operations it was a nice luxury, especially with so many families aboard. But in tense situations she sometimes seemed to be in the way.

"Ensign?" She said awaiting the Deltan's suggestion.

[Bridge]

Zex felt the back of her brain tingle a bit.  If the Captain had been a man, surely the Deltan's defenses might have kicked in making her appear nude.  They would have six months ago at least.

"Apologies Captain.  I believe the enemy may be communicating with each other.  And that we might be able to intercept those messages if can locate their communication frequency" Zex said after steeling herself for the possible rejection of her idea.

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

T'Prina

[Bridge]

T'Prina had just settled in her seat at the Science station. It was her first official day back to work, following a temporary medical quarantine. In her opinion, it hadn't been necessary. The genetic manipulation that had given her use of a invertebrate prehensile limb was entirely controlled and not contagious. But some of the crew were disconcerted, terms like 'unnatural abomination' were mentioned, so a mandatory week in quarantine was ordered. She flexed the fingers of her left hand thoughtfully. It had been entirely successful, the increased limb fluidity had improved efficiency in a number of tasks. She could do without the seafood cravings though.

The Vulcan snapped to attention, fingers flying over the controls as she ran the proper diagnostics. "I apologize for the delay, Captain. Sensors appear to have taken a moderate amount of damage and are operating at 89.5% efficiency. With some adjustments, I believe it could be raised marginally, but maximum accuracy would require outside repairs."

At your smallest components, you are indistinguishable from a forest fire.
Bio

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.