S11 - Mission 7: Asteroid Katra

Started by Kirok, November 29, 2016, 02:07:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jettis Jyur

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on December 23, 2016, 04:45:28 PM

(Sorry for the delay, I'm gonna push this along a little bit.. just go with it!  ;) )

[Bridge]

Nevir nodded at his science officer, with a smile.  "Already done, Kinley... set coordinates for the probe."  He then tapped his bade to respond to Jyur.

=/\="Bridge to Torpedo Bay, we've set the coordinates up here.  Get back to the bridge." =/\=

[Forward Torpedo Bay]

=/\= "Acknowledged." =/\= He replied simply, stepping away from the console and following Filitov back to the turbolift.

[Bridge]

Stepping off the turbolift, he hardly managed to side step a determined Kachina, who quickly headed to follow her orders.
"Aye, sir." He said, taking long strides to get to the science station as Kinley left. Looking up at the screen, he observed the staticky picture, as the probe struggled to transmit the image.
"Sir," He spoke up, looking over at Nevir. "Would the Tractor beam on the shuttle be able to give the ship enough momentum to coast into range? Then the Discovery's tractor beam could pull it in." He suggested. It was a long shot, but why not kill two birds with one stone? Get the pilot, and get the ship while they were out there.

John Norton

Quote from: Kirok on December 24, 2016, 01:54:10 PM

[Kennedy Control Center]

Kirok's right eyebrow arched.  "Thank you for the information Casandra.  Can you tell me if the Shadow Mage is coming to aid you or us here?"

[Kennedy Control Center]

"More than returning for supplies. I won't know until they get within six to eight hours of this location. Long Range Communication is still down, short to medium range is operative right now. There is something you should know, the Shadow Mage was on a covert mission to retrieve a personnel who was abducted from this base two years ago." Cassandra responded as her holographic matrix flickered for a moment.

Shadow Fleet Covert Intelligence

Primary Account: Chris Newberry, Starfleet CnC
Secondary Account: John Norton, Delphia A Tertiary Account:  Justin Conwell, Delphia A Axuillary Account: Chris Truffles, Merc for Hire!

Kirok

Quote from: Kali Reyes on December 24, 2016, 02:08:49 PM

[Kennedy Base - Command Center]

Kali wordlessly drifted for the main computer while Kirok dealt with the hologram. She did as she was told. She did. Several of the systems she managed to get online - non-essential things like extra power or whatnot.

She idly wondered if the AI schematics were blocked.

[Kennedy - Control Center]

Kirok saw Kali moving about.  She was doing her job as instructed.  And he was confident in her abilities, despite their previous conversation.  He offered her a nod, but his focus was on Casandra.

Quote from: John Norton on December 24, 2016, 10:41:53 PM

[Kennedy Control Center]

"More than returning for supplies. I won't know until they get within six to eight hours of this location. Long Range Communication is still down, short to medium range is operative right now. There is something you should know, the Shadow Mage was on a covert mission to retrieve a personnel who was abducted from this base two years ago." Cassandra responded as her holographic matrix flickered for a moment.

Kirok was silent for a long moment.  Trust was in short supply for the half Vulcan these days.  And for good reason after his previous XO had turned on him due to an alligence to Section 31.

The ensuing war with members of the secret group added was enough to cast doubt on every person he met.  And the news that his father may only have three more months to live had made Kirok highly aware of one thing.  Time was running our and he needed to work faster.

So he had to start trusting and he was certain that he could trust John Norton and those under him.  So he quelled his instinct to have the incoming ship turn around.  "Tell me what you can of the person they rescued?" he asked instead. 

Species:  Betazoid/Vulcan.
Being kind to others costs nothing & builds a stronger community.

Kinley Garrison

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on December 24, 2016, 01:27:47 PM

Then she turned to Kinley.

"Keep an eye on the sensor readings. Let me know if zere is anysing happening!" She said before turning back to the front.

[Delta Flyer]

Kinley nodded at the Russian girl's orders and began to scan the area. The ship they were tracking seemed to be dead ahead. The Anyons had done their job well enough. Only problem was that they seemed to be creating a bit of Á¢â,¬Ëœstatic' (for lack of a better term) that seemed to be making it a bit difficult to tell what was going on. Or else it was the leftover ion particles in the area. She couldn't tell. "I think we're clear for now. I have a confirmed lock on the ship. "  The life form in the ship seemed to be pretty stable, for the time being. Hopefully this would be a quick in and out situation where they could get the patient to Medbay quickly and easily. But knowing her luck, she doubted it.

We're in Starfleet here. Weird is part of the job description.

Click the badge to read my bio.

John Norton

Quote from: Kirok on December 25, 2016, 06:24:10 PM

Kirok saw Kali moving about.  She was doing her job as instructed.  And he was confident in her abilities, despite their previous conversation.  He offered her a nod, but his focus was on Casandra.

Kirok was silent for a long moment.  Trust was in short supply for the half Vulcan these days.  And for good reason after his previous XO had turned on him due to an alligence to Section 31.

The ensuing war with members of the secret group added was enough to cast doubt on every person he met.  And the news that his father may only have three more months to live had made Kirok highly aware of one thing.  Time was running our and he needed to work faster.

So he had to start trusting and he was certain that he could trust John Norton and those under him.  So he quelled his instinct to have the incoming ship turn around.  "Tell me what you can of the person they rescued?" he asked instead.

"My avatar form is a copy of her except minor changes. She's Lt. Commander Sara Bennett, an engineering specializing in reverse engineering of the temporal technology of SFI Department of Temporal Affairs. Some of the upgrades to Kennedy Base are from her work along with a few other projects." Cassandra explained. She didn't mention the one other piece of information since it was more private information. Something she didn't want to intrude on.

"Around two years ago, she was abducted after a successful assault here at Kennedy Base which cripples much of the Director Intelligence network. Along with the attack here, the Director was on the Ceti Alpha Base when it was attacked and overran. Very few knew of the exact location of this base. The same thing happened at three other bases throughout the entire sector. Past this, I don't know as much of the base and the communications systems have been down. I just hoped our entire network wasn't compromised."

Shadow Fleet Covert Intelligence

Primary Account: Chris Newberry, Starfleet CnC
Secondary Account: John Norton, Delphia A Tertiary Account:  Justin Conwell, Delphia A Axuillary Account: Chris Truffles, Merc for Hire!

Dausru Talil

Quote from: Tekin Nevir on December 23, 2016, 04:45:28 PM

(Sorry for the delay, I'm gonna push this along a little bit.. just go with it!  ;) )

[Bridge]

Nevir nodded at his science officer, with a smile.  "Already done, Kinley... set coordinates for the probe."  He then tapped his bade to respond to Jyur.

=/\="Bridge to Torpedo Bay, we've set the coordinates up here.  Get back to the bridge." =/\=

He turned towards his tactical officer.  "Fire."

The probe launched with a bright flash in the right direction, sailing off into the Badlands.  With the swirl of the plasma storms, it quickly went out of site, but with the calculations, it should have reached the zone in a few minutes.  It only took those minutes before the ops station chimed.

"Sir, we are getting a signal, its weak, though."

"On screen."

The view screen changed in image, but it was clear immediately from the snow around the edges that the area was having a big effect on the probe's transmission.  There was a ship, a single ship, and it wasn't phasing; static danced over the edge and the ship was completely dark.  It was clear why the lifesign was fading, and it wasn't anything to do with time travel.

"Can we get the tractor beam?"  he asked, watching the ship.

"Negative, sir.  Too much interference with any of the emitters on the probe."

Nevir sighed.  Kichina and Jyur should have arrived on the bridge by then.

"Jyur, take the science station.  Filitov, Dixon, Garrison, prep a shuttle.  You have the coordinates.  Get to that ship and find whoever is on it.  Get someone from sickbay with you.  We can pick up the ship later, right now the priority is the pilot.  Go." he said, watching the screen.

"Let's find out what we are dealing with here."

[Turbolift]

Stood akimbo in the center of the lift, Dausru drew in a slow breath. "Now isn't the time to be nervous." She said letting the fore mentioned breath slowly out as the lift doors opened.

[Bridge]

Stepping out of the lift,  Dausru then turned slightly as the lift doors slid closed behind her.

Taking a brief look around, she observed a young officer with the rank of Commander. He appeared to be the Senior most officer.

Walking over to him, the Trill-Human stopped a few paces away. Then after giving a quick tug on the hem of her tunic stood at attention.

"Commander,  Sir, Crewman Talil reporting as ordered."

Steve Marshall

(Bridge)
Security Station.
It had been days since Steve had been discharged from sick bay. Although he was told to take it easy he was aching to get back to duty. He started his shift on Alpha watch the first watch of the day. Command Staff usually are on the watch at this time of day. It was busy as per normal but at the same time quiet with hushed voices in areas of the bridge.... 

Non-Playing Character 4

Delta Flyer - NPC Tactical Officer, Lt(jg) Jake Dixon

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on December 24, 2016, 01:27:47 PM

"Mr Dixon, let me know ven you have a lock on ze pilot. Hopefully ve can retrieve zem visout problems. Also make sure ze ship is stable so ve can return later and retrieve it."

"Are ve in transporter range yet Mr Dixon?" She asked.

Jake took the briefest of seconds to look up at the Commander. "We're within range, Sir. But something keeps interfering with the transporter lock. I can get one and then it's countered and lost. It's almost as if whoever is over there doesn't want to be transported."
[NPC Mystery Pilot]

His head had been hurting for days now and the loudness of what he assumed was the Proximity alarm was only compounding it. Not to mention the throbbing in his broken right arm. He stood on uneasy legs and made his way to the console. He had made the assumption of the proximity alert based on one of the blips on the screen now moving his way. It was an alien vessel that he had not seen before so the language had been a problem. That explained his floating around this section of space like a released helium balloon. Apparently, the ship needed a fuel source and he had ran out about a week ago. He had caught another blip on the radar and tried to make it there to no avail. He had been watching and passing the base out there for about five days. With no fuel, his propulsion and navigation were gone. This had caused him to bump into an asteroid, which threw him into the bulk head. Hence the broken arm. He found Sickbay and did what he could but again, the language barrier prevented him from knowing what he was taking so he'd opted out of any meds. He checked the screen once more. The other blip was getting closer. After a few moments, another alarm sounded and he wasn't sure exactly how but he just knew they were trying to transport him. He began fiddling with the controls. The alarm ceased a few seconds later. Success. he thought. The transportation alarm sounded again and he repeated the steps. This went on for a couple of minutes. He hoped whoever was out there would get the message. He didn't know who it was and he be damned if he was going to just let them take him.

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 4 on December 26, 2016, 09:10:05 PM

Jake took the briefest of seconds to look up at the Commander. "We're within range, Sir. But something keeps interfering with the transporter lock. I can get one and then it's countered and lost. It's almost as if whoever is over there doesn't want to be transported."

Delta Flyer

Katcha gave a grim smile before turning to the coms panel and opening a channel.

=/\=Zis is ze Federation shuttle Delta Flyer form ze Starship Discovery. Ve are trying to transport you for treatment. If you do not vant zis, please speak to us so ve may understand vy!=/\= She then muted the channel her end and turned to Dixon.

"If ze pilot refuses, we must disable ze ship. I vant you to prepare to destroy zere veapons and engines. I vill not have zem attack us vile ve are busy." She said, debating weather to beam over and snatch the pilot or not. She decided against it but was not sure about it or not. After all an innocent party would allow themselves to be transported out.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Non-Playing Character 4

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on December 26, 2016, 09:25:27 PM

Delta Flyer

Katcha gave a grim smile before turning to the coms panel and opening a channel.

=/\=Zis is ze Federation shuttle Delta Flyer form ze Starship Discovery. Ve are trying to transport you for treatment. If you do not vant zis, please speak to us so ve may understand vy!=/\= She then muted the channel her end and turned to Dixon.

"If ze pilot refuses, we must disable ze ship. I vant you to prepare to destroy zere veapons and engines. I vill not have zem attack us vile ve are busy." She said, debating weather to beam over and snatch the pilot or not. She decided against it but was not sure about it or not. After all an innocent party would allow themselves to be transported out.

[NPC Mystery Pilot]

He saw the blinking light over on the Communication station. "That's not doing us any good whoever you are. Don't you think I would have contacted the station by now if the Comm system was available?" he muttered. He stood still for a moment and tried to figure out a method in which to communicate with the other vessel. He could only hope they didn't blow him out of the sector. After a moment, he came up with a crazy idea. "All we can do is try." he said as he made his way to one of the panels that controlled the lighting system. After he had the wires he was looking for, he put his plan into action.

.._.   ._.   .   ..   _.   _..   ._..   _._ _

Kachina Filitov

Quote from: Non-Playing Character 4 on December 27, 2016, 12:46:55 AM

[NPC Mystery Pilot]

He saw the blinking light over on the Communication station. "That's not doing us any good whoever you are. Don't you think I would have contacted the station by now if the Comm system was available?" he muttered. He stood still for a moment and tried to figure out a method in which to communicate with the other vessel. He could only hope they didn't blow him out of the sector. After a moment, he came up with a crazy idea. "All we can do is try." he said as he made his way to one of the panels that controlled the lighting system. After he had the wires he was looking for, he put his plan into action.

.._.   ._.   .   ..   _.   _..   ._..   _._ _

Delta Flyer

Katcha was waiting for the return signal when she saw the flashes. It caused her to smile.

"Vell whoever is on board is eizer human or knows human history. Zat is Morse Code. It says FRIENDLY. Weather or not he is, ve need to find out more." She turned to Dixon.

"Is zere anyzing preventing us from beaming over and speaking to ze pilot in person?" She asked.

Species: Human
Bio:Profile
Alt Account of Lizzie Vaughan

Non-Playing Character 4

Quote from: Kachina Filitov on December 27, 2016, 01:10:30 AM

Delta Flyer

Katcha was waiting for the return signal when she saw the flashes. It caused her to smile.

"Vell whoever is on board is eizer human or knows human history. Zat is Morse Code. It says FRIENDLY. Weather or not he is, ve need to find out more." She turned to Dixon.

"Is zere anyzing preventing us from beaming over and speaking to ze pilot in person?" She asked.

"Just whoever is on board." Jake answered. "He, or she, could interrupt our signal coming in the same way they were stopping us from transporting them out. If hey decide to do that, we could end up anywhere between our shuttle and that ship. Might I suggest a little more communication with them, Ma'am? The method is crude but effective and may help in the long run."

Tekin Nevir

Quote from: Dausru Talil on December 26, 2016, 05:37:47 AM

[Turbolift]

Stood akimbo in the center of the lift, Dausru drew in a slow breath. "Now isn't the time to be nervous." She said letting the fore mentioned breath slowly out as the lift doors opened.

[Bridge]

Stepping out of the lift,  Dausru then turned slightly as the lift doors slid closed behind her.

Taking a brief look around, she observed a young officer with the rank of Commander. He appeared to be the Senior most officer.

Walking over to him, the Trill-Human stopped a few paces away. Then after giving a quick tug on the hem of her tunic stood at attention.

"Commander,  Sir, Crewman Talil reporting as ordered."

[Bridge]

Nevir was just waiting to hear from the shuttle crew... but it was just a waiting game at this point.  A welcome distraction point came in with a young woman walking onto the bridge in blue.  Wasn't a science officer, but he could guess who she was as she introduced herself.

"You must be the new medical crewman.  Welcome aboard." he said, standing up to shake her hand.  "I'm Commander Tekin Nevir, First Officer.  How much medical training have you gotten, Crewman?"

Quote from: Steve Marshall on December 26, 2016, 06:32:26 PM

(Bridge)
Security Station.
It had been days since Steve had been discharged from sick bay. Although he was told to take it easy he was aching to get back to duty. He started his shift on Alpha watch the first watch of the day. Command Staff usually are on the watch at this time of day. It was busy as per normal but at the same time quiet with hushed voices in areas of the bridge....

The Commander glanced at the security officer, he nodded towards him.  "Lieutenant, can you give me a status on the shuttle?"

Klabax Cottle

Quote from: John Norton on December 24, 2016, 03:45:27 AM

"I'm was already aware Admiral Kirok was on board, just not of the starship you arrived on or your names," John replied but winced in pain. John turned to Cassandra and spoke for a moment.

"Boot the consoles up, Cassandra. Until further notice adjust Intelligence Clearance to the following, Level 2 Clearance for Doctor Klabax to partial access of our medical databanks. Clearance Level 1 access for Mr. Mahak and Mr. Mackenzie." He said before turning back to the Doctor.

"Access granted, Admiral" Cassandra responded before her photonic hologram flickered out of existence, knowing the admiral was now in good hands.

"I hope that will help you all out. Concerning my medical history, it's mostly classified, but I have a tiny one. Only a few head concussions from being slung across the bridge. What happens before me arriving here on Kennedy is Classified at the highest levels. I don't want to put you or your crew in more danger than you already are now." He continued but didn't mention he wanted revenge for the betrayal at the hands of certain people who knew where he was heading before returning to Earth.

Klabax nodded as he worked. He didn't restrain the admiral as he kept speaking, but he wished the man would be silent. He processed the scan results, frowning at how he hadn't gotten a response from the ship.

He nodded as the consoles booted up. "It seems they have saved us the trouble." he said, and very slightly nodded thanks to the photonic AI- almost imperceptible but still there.

"Mister Mackenzie, you've got an eye for technology. What do you make of this chamber?" he asked, genuinely curious as to the tech.

"Mister Mahak, how operational are the computer cores here?" he asked, looking to the man. If he was lucky they were mostly undamaged and he could use them for medical experiments. If not... well... that was a different problem.

He nodded to the man's replies. "No allergies to any medication of any kind? No current medications?" He asked, needing to know the details. "I'd rather not have to take a blood sample. Or have someone dig through the computer systems here." he said, not threatening, more like a promise that he'd follow through with it.

Klabax Cottle~Denobulan Male

Alt Account of Dylan Torngate

Malcolm Adeyemi

Quote from: Klabax Cottle on December 27, 2016, 07:08:25 PM

"Mister Mahak, how operational are the computer cores here?" he asked, looking to the man. If he was lucky they were mostly undamaged and he could use them for medical experiments. If not... well... that was a different problem.

[Kennedy]

Mahak's callused fingers were already tapping away at the computer. He shook his head at the doctor, face utterly expressionless.

"The situation is not good, Doctor. I am afraid that it will require considerable work to scrub any useful data from the cores." Mahak said carefully. "However, difficult does not mean impossible. I will require someone to physically repair the cores or at least align them in the central processing unit while I do what offline. Getting the cores back into their place and cleaned up will be the hardest part."

🡱 🡳

RPG-D Sci-Fi Avatars RPG Initiative RPGfix RPG Initiative Fodlan Chronicles

Star Trek and all related marks, logos and characters are solely owned by CBS Studios Inc. This fan production is not endorsed by, sponsored by, nor affiliated with CBS, Paramount Pictures, or any other Star Trek franchise, and is a non-commercial fan-made production intended for recreational use. No commercial exhibition or distribution is permitted. No alleged independent rights will be asserted against CBS or Paramount Pictures.