Author Topic: Star Trek Online Fleet  (Read 554 times)

Offline Dylan Torngate

• DAMMIT DYLAN
  • Command Level Officer
  • User rating 71
  • Don't mind the Salt level.
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded every January by the FCO. Awarded to those who demonstrate great knowledge of their profession. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players in recognition of their recruitment efforts. Awarded to players who guest star in another SIMM.
Star Trek Online Fleet
« on: September 22, 2016, 11:01:25 PM »
As many of you may know, Shadow Fleet has a Star Trek Online Fleet!

For those of you who don't know, Star Trek Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. The game is set in the 25th century, 30 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis and after the Hobus supernova. Each player is the captain of his or her own individual ship, utilizing any and all officers who have access to a ship, including the player's character. In keeping with naval tradition, anyone who commands a ship, regardless of his or her actual rank, is considered a de facto "captain". Currently, there are three factions available: Federation; Klingon; and Romulan, and players can create characters from any of these factions at level 1.

Recently there is also the option to have a player from the 23rd century starfleet: around the era of the Original series. There are also multiplayer fleets. A fleet is the term for guilds in Star Trek Online, and is formed among a group of players. Fleets allow access to a central fleet bank, a chat channel, a Fleet Starbase as well as other fleet 'holdings' that can be upgraded and advanced by completing projects

Enough exposition, it's fun.

On to the Fleet:

Shadow Fleet has a Federation-Sided fleet, and you should totally join!

Our current fleet stats:

Starbase: Tier 1 of 5, with the Upgrade project underway to tier 2.

Delta Quadrant Spire (In a Dyson Sphere): Tier 0 of 3 with the Spire upgrade project underway to Tier 1

Fleet Dilithium Mine (In game Currency Grind area): Tier 0 of 3 with the Mine upgrade to tier 1 on it's timer!

Fleet Research Lab: Tier 0 of 3

New Romulus Embassy: Tier 0 of 3

The only way we grow is with help. If you have any questions about the Star Trek Online fleet, please feel free to contact me :)

And if loadouts are what you need help with, Talk to Chris. He's the best with this kind of thing.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 02:44:44 PM by Dylan Torngate »

Offline James Carter

• Command Level Officer
  • Competent Member
  • User rating 24
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    14%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
Re: Star Trek Online Fleet
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2016, 01:43:58 AM »
As many of you may know, Shadow Fleet has a Star Trek Online Fleet!

For those of you who don't know, Star Trek Online is a massively multiplayer online role-playing game. The game is set in the 25th century, 30 years after the events of Star Trek: Nemesis and after the Hobus supernova. Each player is the captain of his or her own individual ship, utilizing any and all officers who have access to a ship, including the player's character. In keeping with naval tradition, anyone who commands a ship, regardless of his or her actual rank, is considered a de facto "captain". Currently, there are three factions available: Federation; Klingon; and Romulan, and players can create characters from any of these factions at level 1.

Recently there is also the option to have a player from the 23rd century starfleet: around the era of the Original series. There are also multiplayer fleets. A fleet is the term for guilds in Star Trek Online, and is formed among a group of players. Fleets allow access to a central fleet bank, a chat channel, a Fleet Starbase as well as other fleet 'holdings' that can be upgraded and advanced by completing projects

Enough exposition, it's fun.

On to the Fleet:

Shadow Fleet has a Federation-Sided fleet, and you should totally join!

Our current fleet stats:

Starbase: Tier 1 of 5, with the Upgrade project underway to tier 2.

Delta Quadrant Spire (In a Dyson Sphere): Tier 0 of 3 with the Spire upgrade project underway to Tier 1

Fleet Dilithium Mine (In game Currency Grind area): Tier 0 of 3 with the Mine upgrade to tier 1 underway

Fleet Research Lab: Tier 0 of 3

New Romulus Embassy: Tier 0 of 3

The only way we grow is with help. If you have any questions about the Star Trek Online fleet, please feel free to contact me :)

And if loadouts are what you need help with, Talk to Chris. He's the best with this kind of thing.

I use to grind at Dilithium mines for hours, play some missions, and then trade equipment. My favorite things to do in that game were grind for equipment to sell and mine. But then all the people that I frequently played with stopped playing and I eventually ended up switching my main games to both Elite: Dangerous and Rainbow Six: Siege.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 01:45:23 AM by James Carter »

Online Luke Stafford

• Command Level Officer
  • Ancient Member
  • User rating 118
  • Commanding Officer - Starbase Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for three years. Awarded to players who successfully complete the EPC or OTC.
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2016, 02:16:57 AM »
I don't think I can play with you guys on my Xbox. Can I?

Offline James H. Hawk

• Command Level Officer
  • Competent Member
  • User rating 34
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    54%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2016, 02:39:19 AM »
I don't think I can play with you guys on my Xbox. Can I?
I believe they are on seperate servers so no, I don't think you can.
Academy Security and Tactical Instructor

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Senior Flag Officer
  • Trusted Member
  • User rating 90
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    40%
  • Awards Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to all players who joined Shadow Fleet in January 2007. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2016, 05:26:13 AM »
I believe they are on seperate servers so no, I don't think you can.

I was under the impression it was the same server tbh. If they did split the servers then it might turn out to be a bad move eventually. Hopefully this isn't the case.

Offline James H. Hawk

• Command Level Officer
  • Competent Member
  • User rating 34
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    54%
  • Awards Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most friendly SIMM. Awarded to players who continue to contribute to the running of the SIMM. Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who participate in a Spread the Word campaign.
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2016, 07:45:01 AM »
I was under the impression it was the same server tbh. If they did split the servers then it might turn out to be a bad move eventually. Hopefully this isn't the case.

I did a google, and although I agree that they should be on the same server they are unfortunately, not.

Links: https://www.reddit.com/r/sto/comments/4jecph/no_crossplatform_play_no_characteraccount/
https://www.destructoid.com/star-trek-online-console-editions-won-t-have-cross-play-361396.phtml
Academy Security and Tactical Instructor

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Shadowplay Maelstrom Role Play Top 100 Original SciFi Sites RPG-D