• Senior Flag Officer
  • Trusted Member
  • User rating 87
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    48%
  • Awards Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to all players who joined Shadow Fleet in January 2007. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
Monthly Server Expenses
« on: July 18, 2016, 01:23:20 AM »
Hello all,

I though with the introduction of the new Treasury mod that will make donations more transparent that I also make this topic that details the current server cost in monthly or broken down to monthly cost (might leave it in yearly form now).

Item Description Monthly Fee
Server Host
Our server is hosted in Kansas City, KA by Nocix, Inc
$ 25.00
Domains
Currently we have two domains. Yearly cost is $20.96
$1.75
SSL Certificate
Currently we have no SSL Certificate but getting one would help out google rank. Also helps greatly to improve security of the logins
$ 0.0
Monthly Cost
$ 33.00
Annual Cost
$ 396.00
Note: Any additional funds donated past the goal will be used for following months payments, advertising, upgrades to server, or if a problem persist to a point I can't fix it, cost to pay a server management to find and fix the issue (Where anyone would turn if it's very bad).

Note 2: There is a discerpency between the total and the Monthly total. This is to take into account paypal fee's somewhat.

Shadow Fleet Server Specs:

3Ghz per core
4 Cores / 4 threads
16GB DDR3 RAM
120GB SSD + 2TB SATA Capacity*
33TB Monthly Transfer (if needed can be upgraded but were not using 33TB yet.)
« Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 07:29:19 AM by Chris Newberry »

Online Luke Stafford

• Legendary Member
  • User rating 107
  • Commanding Officer - Starbase Columbus
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    100%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded to any commanding officer who takes command of two or more starships. Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most organised SIMM. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer.
Re: Monthly Server Expenses
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 02:12:18 AM »
No need to ask for donations. I will handle a month or two. Let me know how.

Offline Chris Newberry

• Shadow Fleet Owner
  • Senior Flag Officer
  • Trusted Member
  • User rating 87
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    48%
  • Awards Awarded to the player whom the CO feels is worthy of recognition. Awarded to players on completion of 10 years service with the fleet. Awarded to players on promotion to Lieutenant Commander or Chief Petty Officer. Awarded to all players who joined Shadow Fleet in January 2007. Awarded in January and July to the player who writes the most engaging posts.
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 05:01:21 AM »
No need to ask for donations. I will handle a month or two. Let me know how.

Hey Luke,

Pretty easy. It's the donation tab on the menu bar and there is more info in the topic, Donation, created by Kirok. Thank you for replying though.

Offline Steve Marshall

• User rating 7
  • There is screaming in space
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for one year.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2016, 08:37:03 AM »
I would like donate please tell me how this can be accomplished 

Offline James Carter

• Command Level Officer
  • Competent Member
  • User rating 23
    • View Profile
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    74%
  • Awards Awarded to any player who donates money to help keep SF running Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Awarded in January and July by the FCO to crew of the most active SIMM. Awarded to those who demonstrate an ability to convey the action of combat. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2016, 08:47:39 AM »
I would like donate please tell me how this can be accomplished

There's a donation tab right next to the "logout" button. Hit it and then press the button "Make a donation"

Offline Steve Marshall

• User rating 7
  • There is screaming in space
    • View Profile
    • Email
    • Awards

• Activity Level
    0%
  • Awards Awarded in January 2017 to all active members. Given to the SIMM that has survived the roughest storm during the year. Awarded to the player who has greatly improved since the last awards ceremony. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for six months. Awarded to players who have been with the fleet for one year.
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2016, 06:03:56 AM »
Cheers James I get onto that

Top RP SitesTop RP Sites Top 100 Original SciFi Sites TO INFINITY AND BEYOND Forum Roleplay Site RPG-D